Stark State College Employee Reviews in United States

Rewarding job with great coworkers
Instructional Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHMay 24, 2016
I enjoy the diversity of teaching medical procedures to students. My greatest reward is seeing their faces when they have that "Aha moment." Watching students mature and gain confidence in their newly gained knowledge and techniques of the medical procedures. Definitely the hardest part of my job is when I have to fail a student on a procedure test out.
Pros
Instructing future Medical Assistants is very rewarding
Cons
Great balance of work and personal life
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHMarch 22, 2015
I was only a student sub at this position, but having worked with the full time employees for many years, I enjoyed the same benefits of the balance between work and family. There were plenty of times when the need arose for over-time and weekend jobs, along with many over-night hours during the winter months for snow removal, but the management always made sure the team was relieved when needed.
Really great people to work for and work with....having the opportunity to interact with the faculty was a nice bonus.
My only complaint was at the time of my graduation, there were no permanent positions available, either part or full-time. If there would have been, I would have certainly applied right away.
Very nice place to work, and a balanced schedule to have a personal life with friends, family and interests.
Pros
great schedule and good people to work with
Cons
some long hours during the winter months and some of the extreme weather conditions.
Very Professional
Data Entry Clerk (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 21, 2016
I did enjoy my stay there while I did data entry and worked one on one with other workers. they were very flexible with hours and any other personal time needed
Fantastic job experience and encouraging friendly co-workers
receptionist/ office assistant/ student ambassador (Former Employee) –  Student worker Provost OfficeFebruary 23, 2016
I would encourage every student to become a student worker. The experience for me was priceless. Friendly co-workers and top-notch experience.
Good at times
CLERK (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHApril 23, 2014
Typically during semester they make it easy to balance work and school which is a positive. In between semesters when most of the work is done minimum wage doesn't really justify the work there is to do. Managers seem to have a heavy preference to split jobs up by gender which sometimes becomes a problem. The managers also tend to over exaggerate work which can lead to stressful days and easy days when the work could be divided more evenly. Another problem with management is there are four people who encompass management and they seem to not be in sync more often than not. One assistant manager in particular seems to have a lot of work picked up by the others and when assigning jobs to clerks tends to repeatedly state "I don't know" which becomes highly frustrating.
Overall I've had a great time at the Stark State Bookstore but it can be highly frustrating at time and can be unsatisfying salary wise during busy times.
Challenging
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHSeptember 20, 2015
A typical work day was challenging and productive. Everyone knew what to do and how to do it. There was a feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day.
Great place
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  north canton,OHJuly 9, 2012
The exact opposite of micro-management. trusted to do your job effectively without anyone breathing down your neck. Hours were cut due to over-hiring though.
Pros
decent pay, good management
Cons
no benefits, little room for advancement
Same as above
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHAugust 21, 2015
Stark State College was very well organized and was very concerned in seeing that there student were successful in completing their degree. The students and faculty were the number one concerns of Stark State College. Had I not moved away from North East Ohio, I would still be employed there.
Secretary
Secretary (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHAugust 29, 2015
The day would start out somewhat slow. If need be I would schedule appointments for someone to talk to their advisor.
Everyone was great and easy to get along with.
Great environment
Student Tutor of Anatomy and Physiology (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 25, 2015
Very respectful and kind working environment. Students came to the lab to study cadavers for muscle, bone, vessel anatomy.
fun place to work
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 2, 2015
Gained extensive experience in customer service. Stark State College is a great place to work and I would highly recommend working there.The most enjoyable part of the job is helping students succeed.
Pros
job security
Cons
part time
I like my job
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 16, 2014
I am assigned different duties everyday, also I get to use different equipment, some days I clean offices, other days carpet, and mop and clean bathrooms.

I have learned diversity in the work place. I have good leadership in management, my co-workers are sincere about their job.

Never know what area of the college I will be working.

Working with my co-workers.
Pros
pay increases
Cons
no health care
On campus, classroom and admin; worked at home two thirds of the time.
Adjunct Instructor - part time (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHFebruary 2, 2015
Stark State is committed to helping both traditional and non traditional students. There were advisers for students needed one on one attention. The campus was very functional, the staff very professional. I was an adjunct for 3-1/2 years. I would have continued were it not for the decline in available classes for adjuncts and the distance from my home.
Pros
easy schedule
Meet with many people
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJanuary 16, 2014
I drove a golf cart around the campus and mowed the grass. I learned how to repair equipment that I used. Management and my co-workers were very knowledgeable about their jobs. The hardest part of my job was the weather and the best part of my job was the weather.
Pros
good hours
Cons
bad hours
Great learning experience
Administrate Assistant Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Canton, OhJune 21, 2012
Great place to work while finishing my degree! I learned how to set up appointments, manage calendars, produce flyers on Word, and how to deal with diffcult students.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no benefits because of being a student worker
Educational
Business Management and Entrepreneur (Former Employee) –  canton,ohioMarch 10, 2014
I am currently enrolled into online college program for business management.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no hands on live class room setting
Over all a fairly good place to teach.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHMay 26, 2013
SSC is a 2 year community college. It has experienced a few growing pains as its student population has increased. I taught there successfully for 6 + years. The students come from a variety of back grounds but many are the first members of their families to attend college. What I liked about the students was that they were not just the 18-22 year olds but many were actually in their 30's, 40's, 50's, and behond.
Employee oriented; professional atmosphere
Assistant Professor - Information Technology (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHJanuary 14, 2014
Great place to work. I learned the value of teamwork. There is no hard part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with other departments and team work across the college.
Great for College Students
OFFICE ASSISTANT/RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 13, 2014
This is a great place for college students to work while they are still in school. They will work around your class schedule as much as possible. You also learn a lot about different resources and how to utilize them.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not a lot of hours
great place
Instructor (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHNovember 7, 2014
great place, good people, flexible schedules, everything an instructor needs to acquire experience in academia.

4.7