Stark State College

Stark State College Employer Reviews

I like my job
Custodian (Current Employee), Canton, OHMarch 16, 2014
Pros: pay increases
Cons: no health care
I am assigned different duties everyday, also I get to use different equipment, some days I clean offices, other days carpet, and mop and clean bathrooms.

I have learned diversity in the work place. I have good leadership in management, my co-workers are sincere about their job.

Never know what area of the college I will be working.

Working with – more... my co-workers. – less
Educational
Business Management and Entrepreneur (Former Employee), canton,ohioMarch 10, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no hands on live class room setting
I am currently enrolled into online college program for business management.
Meet with many people
Groundskeeper (Former Employee), North Canton, OHJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: bad hours
I drove a golf cart around the campus and mowed the grass. I learned how to repair equipment that I used. Management and my co-workers were very knowledgeable about their jobs. The hardest part of my job was the weather and the best part of my job was the weather.
Employee oriented; professional atmosphere
Assistant Professor - Information Technology (Current Employee), North Canton, OHJanuary 14, 2014
Great place to work. I learned the value of teamwork. There is no hard part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with other departments and team work across the college.
Great for College Students
OFFICE ASSISTANT/RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee), Canton, OHJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not a lot of hours
This is a great place for college students to work while they are still in school. They will work around your class schedule as much as possible. You also learn a lot about different resources and how to utilize them.
very hands on learnign experience
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), North Canton, OHJuly 2, 2013
not only did i learn from the text book i also learned hands on which made it easier for me to understand.
Over all a fairly good place to teach.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), North Canton, OHMay 26, 2013
SSC is a 2 year community college. It has experienced a few growing pains as its student population has increased. I taught there successfully for 6 + years. The students come from a variety of back grounds but many are the first members of their families to attend college. What I liked about the students was that they were not just the 18-22 year olds – more... but many were actually in their 30's, 40's, 50's, and behond. – less
unstable workplace but excellent mentors
Adjunct instructor (Current Employee), North Canton, OHJanuary 26, 2013
Mentors are an excellent resource for employees. Students are a pleasure to work with on all campuses. The hardest part of the position is the challenge of wondering if there will be courses to teach each semester.
Great place
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), north canton,OHJuly 9, 2012
Pros: decent pay, good management
Cons: no benefits, little room for advancement
The exact opposite of micro-management. trusted to do your job effectively without anyone breathing down your neck. Hours were cut due to over-hiring though.
Enjoyed teaching people the craft of automotive repair
Adjunct Automotive Instructor (Current Employee), North Canton, OHJune 26, 2012
Some kids were there to waste their time and mine but most were there for a good reason
Great learning experience
Administrate Assistant Student Worker (Former Employee), Canton, OhJune 21, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no benefits because of being a student worker
Great place to work while finishing my degree! I learned how to set up appointments, manage calendars, produce flyers on Word, and how to deal with diffcult students.