Starkey Hearing Technologies Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Energetic placeto work
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 28, 2017
Good place to work, but events sometimes skew work/life balance. Culture is typically exceptional and there is a sense that while everyone there wants to earn money, people are working for a higher purpose.
A well intentioned company with many internal issues
Senior Software Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 25, 2017
In the news recently for unfortunate reasons, detracts from the many talented and thoughtful people working at Starkey. Major changes to upper and middle management have resulted in a toxic work environment, unfocused products and a general decrease in overall quality.
Family oriented with family activities
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 28, 2017
Starkey is a very family oriented organization with family activities throughout the year. It is a great place for employees with young children. Departments can vary greatly at Starkey. Management is trying to be transparent, but a lot of employee changes going on, which can be both positive and negative.
Fulfilling place to be
SDEM- Soft Digital Earmolds (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 6, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Starkey, and everyone I worked with was like family. I learned many different areas and actually looked forward to go into work each day.
International Order Specialist
International Order Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 22, 2017
Great career advancement opportunities

International cultural and business exposure

Flexible hours

4 weeks of paid vacation

Maternity leave of 6 weeks paid at 60%
Pros
Starkey Gala
Cons
Compensation below average
Important mission, Interesting work
Director (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 22, 2017
Starkey has the strongest sense of mission of anywhere I've worked, and it's heartfelt throughout the org. The products are great - high quality. Leadership is going through transition, but that will be a good thing in the end (time for a change!). I like our strategic vision, and people are committed to modernizing and streamlining how we work. My co-workers are smart and friendly, and it's a nice environment to come to everyday.
Pros
Salary, co-workers, mission.
Cons
Many familial ties, old culture discouraged openness but that's changing.
company as a whole
Associate Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 20, 2017
Great management, help develop your abilities and skills. Not a whole lot of vertical movement lots of lateral movement within the company. Great company culture, the commissions package for sales isn't the greatest.
Varies with department
Senior Wireless Test Engineering (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 16, 2017
Very siloed with departments competing for resources and relevance. Several make work projects. Leadership shakeup left a void. Sales driven and reactive. No clear direction on goals other than to gain market share.
Pros
Pay and vacation
Cons
Profit sharing and 401k weak
Great culture
Training Materials Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 20, 2016
Starkey has a great culture and hires a lot of great people. Learning is endless and the intelligence of other employees is good motivation to work hard.
Challenging Responsibilities and Lots of Learning Opportunitites
Marketing Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 9, 2016
Innovative, forward-thinking organization that pushed employees hard. Opportunities to make a difference and be heard. Enjoyed the challenges until structural changes led to department changes that no longer resulted in a good fit.
Great Company!
National Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 14, 2016
Great company to work for! The company culture is terrific and the benefits are amazing! I would recommend them to anyone searching for a great company to work for!
productive fun work place
Ground keeper (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 14, 2015
great work environment friendly people respectful and honest co-workers
I learned how to buff and polish floors
management was respectful and fair
the co-workers were respectful and fun to work with
learning to do all the tasks
it taught me a lot of thing that could help in the future
Pros
long breaks
Cons
distance from home
Good company to work for. Average management skills and good work environment
Hearing Aid Technician (Current Employee) –  6700 Washington Ave South. Eden Prairie, MN 55443February 19, 2015
everyone is treat equally, friendly company to with, and very good and clean work environments.
Friendly supervisor and manager to work with.
Pros
Good company to work for. Good benefits and good vacation time and PTO.
Cons
low pay rate for production workers
Great Company Culture
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 6, 2014
It would be hard to leave this company, but advancement can be limited. The people are fantastic! The company is growing very fast.
Pros
Culture, People
Cons
Advancement can be hard
Starkey is a ripoff in the Ascent program
Ascent hearing audiologist (Former Employee) –  Ascent programOctober 6, 2014
its a micromanaged hearing aid slinging position. You must agree to do astronomical number to actually ever own the practice and even then no one has done it yet. Its just a way for the company to increase their market share and chew up more employees. You do not get the benefits of actually working for their company, but are left primarily alone in the venture with little help of guidance. The billing is done from another state and it is a arduous process at best. Bad idea to go this route
Pros
Hey its a short term job
Cons
Its starkey fuzzy math and their legal department
Dysfunction
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 31, 2014
Starkey at first glance seems like a good place to work. Stable, privately held company that knows what it's good at and helps the world.

It is not - at least not in my department. Behind the facade is systemic dysfunction all the way to the top. "Privately held" more often than not means that the owner comes down from on high and demands that the company do something a week before release. "Knows what its good at" more than often means that there's no meaningful innovation and any ideas that don't fall in line are quashed.

People are promoted more for their politics or length of service more than anything else. Skilled individuals are driven out by unprofessional management and other leadership who do not understand that they are the problem. That leaves the unskilled, who perpetuate the cycle.
Pros
Pay is largely solid
Cons
management is horrible, schedules are rigid and unrealistic, you're measured by hours worked not work accomplished
Starkey is great! From the work, benefits, employees and management.
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 3, 2014
I was a part of one of the best companies I have gotten the chance to work with. Starkey builds hearing aids and travels all over the world to give them to the less fortunate. I was the janitor but I was still a part of the Starkey team and I feel honored. I loved Starkey!!!!
Starkey Review
Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 22, 2013
show up for work, start working. Environment tends to be dry and very serious.

Management tends to show favoritism, managers do not always know what the employees jobs tend to be.

Some of the coworkers lack the knowledge of and know how of how to use programs.
Pros
have a desk to go to
Cons
lack of training, no guidence, favortism
A larger Firm
Ear Mold Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 16, 2013
Starkey, was an a position which I took to help fill the gap while I searched for employment in my chosen field. They do have several nice facilities here in Minneapolis which provide a comfortable work environment.
Pros
Large well extablished company
Cons
To willing to outsource their product, and not listening to suggestions from the people that do the work.
A place that I worked for
Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 18, 2013
In general it is good, micromanagement.

In general, all the people here work hard. The management style changes over time though. They are making profit. Small group management are different.
Pros
it's a private company
Cons
it's a private company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starkey Hearing Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

Starkey Hearing Technologies Reviews by Location