Starkey Hearing Technologies

Starkey Hearing Technologies Employer Reviews

Dysfunction
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNMay 31, 2014
Pros: pay is largely solid
Cons: management is horrible, schedules are rigid and unrealistic, you're measured by hours worked not work accomplished
Starkey at first glance seems like a good place to work. Stable, privately held company that knows what it's good at and helps the world.

It is not - at least not in my department. Behind the facade is systemic dysfunction all the way to the top. "Privately held" more often than not means that the owner comes down from on high and demands that the – more... company do something a week before release. "Knows what its good at" more than often means that there's no meaningful innovation and any ideas that don't fall in line are quashed.

People are promoted more for their politics or length of service more than anything else. Skilled individuals are driven out by unprofessional management and other leadership who do not understand that they are the problem. That leaves the unskilled, who perpetuate the cycle. – less
Starkey is great! From the work, benefits, employees and management.
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNApril 3, 2014
I was a part of one of the best companies I have gotten the chance to work with. Starkey builds hearing aids and travels all over the world to give them to the less fortunate. I was the janitor but I was still a part of the Starkey team and I feel honored. I loved Starkey!!!!
Overall - Great company to work for.
Audio Visual/Computer Support Technician (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: freedom. opportunities for advancement. compensation. benefits.
Cons: management is somewhat lacking, there are communication issues, prepare to deal with the private company politics as well.
I worked for Starkey's IT department as an Audio/Visual Tech. They give you a lot of freedom to research and explore new solutions. They pay very well compared to most companies out there (trust me... I'm on my third job after leaving Starkey.. and I'm finally making almost as much as I was there). The job security is great. Once you're in, you're in – more... for life if you work hard and make yourself an asset. They truly care more about building a great culture, and having great people working for them, than they do about numbers and bottom dollar figures. It's very awesome to see that in such a large company these days. Lastly, you will not find better health benefits.. anywhere. I miss that aspect of it very much. – less
Starkey Review
Billing Representative (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNDecember 22, 2013
Pros: have a desk to go to
Cons: lack of training, no guidence, favortism
show up for work, start working. Environment tends to be dry and very serious.

Management tends to show favoritism, managers do not always know what the employees jobs tend to be.

Some of the coworkers lack the knowledge of and know how of how to use programs.
A larger Firm
Ear Mold Lab Technician (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNDecember 16, 2013
Pros: large well extablished company
Cons: to willing to outsource their product, and not listening to suggestions from the people that do the work.
Starkey, was an a position which I took to help fill the gap while I searched for employment in my chosen field. They do have several nice facilities here in Minneapolis which provide a comfortable work environment.
A innovative company that cares about their acounts and staying competitive in the industry of better hearing
Senior Retail Marketing Executive (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNMay 22, 2013
I work 8-4, i have a desk job that requires me to stay on top of emails and phone calls. I work independently but have a team of marketing reps that do that same tasks as me that I can reach out to for questions and support.
it was a job
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), eden prairie, mnJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: it was a job
Cons: many lay offs over the last few years
the training in my position was soarly lacking. it is something I saw across the board in my department
Great environment with incredible management and coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNOctober 10, 2012
This company is tremendous! They are trusting and completely understanding of what their employees want to do with their lives. Great place to work.
Starkey is growing and a lot of exciting things are going on!
Senior Sales Events Representative (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNApril 4, 2012
Company is focused on thier employees. Starkey is very great place to work, good benefits and there are good opprotunities for advancement.

About Starkey Hearing Technologies

As a Starkey Hearing Technologies’ brand, Starkey is much more than the hearing aids we produce. Starkey is an experience. – Read more

Starkey Hearing Technologies Photos