Starkey Hearing Technologies

Starkey Hearing Technologies Employee Reviews

Great culture
Training Materials Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 20, 2016
Starkey has a great culture and hires a lot of great people. Learning is endless and the intelligence of other employees is good motivation to work hard.
Challenging Responsibilities and Lots of Learning Opportunitites
Marketing Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 9, 2016
Innovative, forward-thinking organization that pushed employees hard. Opportunities to make a difference and be heard. Enjoyed the challenges until structural changes led to department changes that no longer resulted in a good fit.
Great Company!
National Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 14, 2016
Great company to work for! The company culture is terrific and the benefits are amazing! I would recommend them to anyone searching for a great company to work for!
productive fun work place
Ground keeper (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 14, 2015
great work environment friendly people respectful and honest co-workers
I learned how to buff and polish floors
management was respectful and fair
the co-workers were respectful and fun to work with
learning to do all the tasks
it taught me a lot of thing that could help in the future
Pros
long breaks
Cons
distance from home
Good company to work for. Average management skills and good work environment
Hearing Aid Technician (Current Employee) –  6700 Washington Ave South. Eden Prairie, MN 55443February 19, 2015
everyone is treat equally, friendly company to with, and very good and clean work environments.
Friendly supervisor and manager to work with.
Pros
Good company to work for. Good benefits and good vacation time and PTO.
Cons
low pay rate for production workers
Great Company Culture
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 6, 2014
It would be hard to leave this company, but advancement can be limited. The people are fantastic! The company is growing very fast.
Pros
Culture, People
Cons
Advancement can be hard
Starkey is a ripoff in the Ascent program
Ascent hearing audiologist (Former Employee) –  Ascent programOctober 6, 2014
its a micromanaged hearing aid slinging position. You must agree to do astronomical number to actually ever own the practice and even then no one has done it yet. Its just a way for the company to increase their market share and chew up more employees. You do not get the benefits of actually working for their company, but are left primarily alone in the venture with little help of guidance. The billing is done from another state and it is a arduous process at best. Bad idea to go this route
Pros
Hey its a short term job
Cons
Its starkey fuzzy math and their legal department
Dysfunction
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 31, 2014
Starkey at first glance seems like a good place to work. Stable, privately held company that knows what it's good at and helps the world.

It is not - at least not in my department. Behind the facade is systemic dysfunction all the way to the top. "Privately held" more often than not means that the owner comes down from on high and demands that the company do something a week before release. "Knows what its good at" more than often means that there's no meaningful innovation and any ideas that don't fall in line are quashed.

People are promoted more for their politics or length of service more than anything else. Skilled individuals are driven out by unprofessional management and other leadership who do not understand that they are the problem. That leaves the unskilled, who perpetuate the cycle.
Pros
Pay is largely solid
Cons
management is horrible, schedules are rigid and unrealistic, you're measured by hours worked not work accomplished
Starkey is great! From the work, benefits, employees and management.
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 3, 2014
I was a part of one of the best companies I have gotten the chance to work with. Starkey builds hearing aids and travels all over the world to give them to the less fortunate. I was the janitor but I was still a part of the Starkey team and I feel honored. I loved Starkey!!!!
Overall - Great company to work for.
Audio Visual/Computer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 20, 2014
I worked for Starkey's IT department as an Audio/Visual Tech. They give you a lot of freedom to research and explore new solutions. They pay very well compared to most companies out there (trust me... I'm on my third job after leaving Starkey.. and I'm finally making almost as much as I was there). The job security is great. Once you're in, you're in for life if you work hard and make yourself an asset. They truly care more about building a great culture, and having great people working for them, than they do about numbers and bottom dollar figures. It's very awesome to see that in such a large company these days. Lastly, you will not find better health benefits.. anywhere. I miss that aspect of it very much.
Pros
Freedom. Opportunities for advancement. Compensation. Benefits.
Cons
Management is somewhat lacking, there are communication issues, prepare to deal with the private company politics as well.
Starkey Review
Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 22, 2013
show up for work, start working. Environment tends to be dry and very serious.

Management tends to show favoritism, managers do not always know what the employees jobs tend to be.

Some of the coworkers lack the knowledge of and know how of how to use programs.
Pros
have a desk to go to
Cons
lack of training, no guidence, favortism
A larger Firm
Ear Mold Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 16, 2013
Starkey, was an a position which I took to help fill the gap while I searched for employment in my chosen field. They do have several nice facilities here in Minneapolis which provide a comfortable work environment.
Pros
Large well extablished company
Cons
To willing to outsource their product, and not listening to suggestions from the people that do the work.
A innovative company that cares about their acounts and staying competitive in the industry of better hearing
Senior Retail Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 22, 2013
I work 8-4, i have a desk job that requires me to stay on top of emails and phone calls. I work independently but have a team of marketing reps that do that same tasks as me that I can reach out to for questions and support.

Learned a lot but very stressful work conditions
Pt care staff (Former Employee) –  MNMarch 18, 2013
Assist in office surgery first thing in am- room patients and have to work hard at getting a straight 40 hours a week- physicians see patients for around 7 hours each day some less some more
Pros
nice hours no weekends
Cons
lots of people work there one day and are gone the next!
it was a job
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  eden prairie, mnJanuary 9, 2013
the training in my position was soarly lacking. it is something I saw across the board in my department
Pros
it was a job
Cons
many lay offs over the last few years
Great environment with incredible management and coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 10, 2012
This company is tremendous! They are trusting and completely understanding of what their employees want to do with their lives. Great place to work.
Starkey is growing and a lot of exciting things are going on!
Senior Sales Events Representative (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 4, 2012
Company is focused on thier employees. Starkey is very great place to work, good benefits and there are good opprotunities for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starkey Hearing Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

Starkey Hearing Technologies Reviews by Location