Stars

Stars Employer Reviews

supportive supervisor
Team Lead (Former Employee), Moorestown, NJSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: team players, supervisor, knowledge
I had amazing underwriters on my team who made my job very enjoyable. We all worked together in a cohesive unit. My supervisor at the time was very supportive of the team and made all requirements known.
Fun, active, and rewarding workplace.
Coach (Former Employee), Edmond, OKAugust 3, 2014
Pros: free apparel, paid travel for gymanstics meets and training
Cons: working weekends
I typically taught six hours per week, one tumbling class, a beginner gymnastics, and an advanced gymnastics class. I learned to have patients and adapt my coaching techniques to each child's personality.
Productive and team-work oriented company
Appraisal / Collateral Underwriter (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJJune 6, 2014
Stars was a great company to work for. As a member of the Underwriting team I enjoyed the assignments I obtained. We all worked as a team when needed as well as individually.
STARS is a program for TAYE and they help to keep them in the community
Peer Mentor (Former Employee), San LeandroMarch 26, 2014
I did my internship there as a Peer Mentor with Admin duties, I found the stay helpful, productive and willing to share information. The staff meetings though for most mft's were friendly and open to all.
Excellent Work Place
Appraisal Underwriter (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJMarch 24, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: being laid off
This company invested a great deal in training and employee well being. It was pleasurable experience working with JP Mortgage Chase. A very professional environment was created by management. And co-workers were dedicated to the companies bottom line.
Great Place to work
Sr. Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Manhasset, NYFebruary 24, 2014
Great office and Staff, really good place to work. Management is caring and flexible.
great place but not much money
DJ & MC (Former Employee), Plainfield, CTFebruary 15, 2014
great place great people beautiful building but not much money.
I loved working with the children
Art Teacher & Life Skills Coach (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILNovember 11, 2013
I found so much enjoyment working with the children. From teaching them how to have a love for art, to teaching them to love themselves and how to respect others.
STARS
Assistant Activities Director Intern (Former Employee), Lakewood, WAOctober 30, 2013
Pros: enriching my soul with wonderful stories from the people i served.
Cons: hard to gain a paying posistion.
This is a great caring place for Seniors to network and form friendships. I loved everything about the STARS program. Kind staff and wonderful clients.
Great pay and excellent hours
Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee), Fountain Hills, AZSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: pay, 40 hours per week
Cons: billing for every minute of the day, working in a new place each year
STARS contracts OT's, PT's, SLP's, Special Education teachers, and Psychologists into schools. They provide great pay and you work exactly 40 hours per week. The hard part is that you have to bill for your entire day, and when you go over 40 hours you are not allowed to bill. Most likely you will switch schools each year, which is good and bad. It's – more... nice to have a change of scenery, but difficult to get to know a new staff each year. – less
Appraisal Coordinator
Appraisal Coordinator (Current Employee), Mount Laurel, NJMarch 10, 2013
· Reviewing and resolving appraisers and loan processors request
· Schedule appraisals and appraisal addendums to the appraisal firms
· Approve appraiser proposal
· Troubleshoot appraiser and loan processors questions and concerns
· Follow up with appraiser for finalized report and then relay information to the mortgage processor
· Answer and receive – more... phone calls from appraisers and loan processors requesting updates
· Log and record all communication between appraisers and loan processers through Galaxy Notebook
· Work daily in Outlook E-Mail System
· Additional contact information provided to appraisers when homeowners are not reachable – less
enjoyable
Coordinator (Former Employee), Canton, OHNovember 12, 2012
Pros: helping students
Cons: nothing
Helping students with homework and coming up with crafts and incentives for them.
productive and posative place to work
Work Alone Monitor Communication Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary,AlbertaNovember 29, 2014
I worked 12 hour shifts starting at 6 am. I worked a rotation of 4 days on and 4 days off, This was a term position as we were testing a work alone system for an oil and gas company. I also registered sites throughout western Canada that were to be monitored. Everyone was positive and very helpful. It was a very upbeat work environment and I learned – more... a great deal about what STARS did and how very important their work is. Management was always available and willing to help and/or answer all questions. It was very difficult to say goodbye when the time came. I made friends that I will enjoy for many years to come – less
Productive and fun work place
Host (Former Employee), Port-au-PrinceSeptember 10, 2013
It was the best experience of my life. We had the opportunity to help out the ones in need while enjoying interacting with them.

Our work was crucial to the lives of individuals. We taught, played, laughed and listened. We had a very good time traveling all over the Country to help the ones lacking of everything.
Excelente
Supervisora (Former Employee), Burzaco, BJune 29, 2012
Pros: clima laboral agradable
Cons: sueldo bajo
Stars fue una empresa muy importante para mi desarrollo tanto laboral como personal. Desde los inicios aceptaron incorporarme a su equipo de trabajo teniendo en cuenta mis estudios por lo cual adaptaron mis horarios de trabajo según mis horarios de la carrera.
La paga no era buena y no tenia aportes, pero fue una experiencia enriquecedora desde lo personal – more... y para mi crecimiento.
Aprendí a tratar con la gente, con los proveedores, estrategias de venta y comunicación en los grupos.
La selección del personal se hacia sobre la base valores que la empresa manejaba y buscaban gente que vaya acorde con esos valores.
Tanto mis compañeros como los jefes, eran buena gente, de buenos principios y el clima de trabajo siempre era muy cordial y amigable.
La parte mas difícil del trabajo era la inestabilidad de un rubro como es el comercio, la carga de trabajo no siempre era la misma por eso. – less