Startek Inc Employee Reviews

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 10, 2015
Working with Startek was great work environment and a lot of opportunities to move up in the company. From the moment you start your first day they are very much a family and let you know that its not just a job but the benefits of working with the company.
STARTEK
Engagement specialist (Former Employee) –  Hot SpringsJuly 29, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. and fun job, love the people I was working with and loved to help our customers.
good place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJuly 28, 2015
Great company to work for. I was a team manager and responsible for 25-30 direct reports. Job responsibility are coaching, trainings, recruiting, interviewing.
Productive and friendly.
CSM (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJuly 7, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Startek, working for Nespresso was an excellent experience and I would recommend it to anyone interested in the field.
Loved This Job
Customer Service Representative/Floor Lead (Former Employee) –  Collinsville VAJune 11, 2015
I loved this job and everything about it. The customers could be challenging but easily satisfied. I would probably still be working there if they had not closed down.
work at home FiOptics Tech tier I
Fioptics Tech Tier (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 5, 2015
Troble shoot Video, Data and Voice,
Learned that if you do not trobleshoot every call in 11 minutes, your
job is on the line. You are supposed to give good customer service in 11 minutes, Alot of the calls can not be done in 11 minutes. basicely you are too slow if you do not complete the call in 11 minutes. They just do not understand good customer service. They would want you to schedule a tech visit instead of trouble shoot over the phone.
n/a
MEMBER SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Colorado SpringsMay 27, 2015
its a good company to work for. The have different clients you can work for and they all treat there employees good. I have been there for over 6 months
Pros
40 hr week
Cons
work weekend
Startek did not provide me anything stable and there were always false promises. Not great at all.
CSR/Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, Va.May 15, 2015
My co-workers at Startek were amazing, as well as my immediate supervisors. Most HR and Operations Managers were the worst. There were always misleading things going on. It was not stable at all, I did not feel secure. There were changes to the scheduling, requirements, and job titles every month or so in my department. They do not accept doctor's notes as well.
Pros
Great supervisors, friendly co-workers, benefits were decent
Cons
Stability, Security
Andrew Atencios summary
Customer Service/Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 2, 2015
The years I worked at Startek I learned a lot of unique deescalating skills, It helped me become more of a people person. the hared part was dealing with down time when there was any. Other then that the job was great.
Pros
Free pop corn
Cons
not alot of parking
Productive and fun work environment
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greeley, ColoradoApril 29, 2015
STARTEK Inc. is a very fun BPO organization with a hardworking mindset. A typical day was reviewing 2% of webchats, phone calls, and emails with customers. I learned which behaviors would drive customer satisfaction
Loved giving the people a better life
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAMarch 24, 2015
Working with the individuals to teach them a normal way of life. Knowing that this assisted them and seeing that they are able to learn and adapt. Patience was the hard part for the job, while I enjoyed teaching.
a typical day at Startek
Customer Care Representative Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJanuary 27, 2015
A typical day at work I would take between 25-45 calls from clients, regarding their at&t cell phone service . I would answer billing questions, help with technical issues and activate phones.

While at Startek I learned how to deal with all types of customers. From irate to scammers.

My co workers were wonderful at Startek we all pulled together and worked as a team.

The hardest part of my job was not being able to turn a customers phone on due to nonpayment. The most enjoyable part of this job was hearing the customer excited and happy we finally was able to get his phone to work..
Pros
lots of incentivies
Cons
short lunch
Starteck offered 9 weeks of training to prepare us for thier programs
Customer Service Associate/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, VAJanuary 6, 2015
Excellent training by AT&T on all programs used daily to assist customers.
Management was always willing to assist on calls when needed.
Would have special incentives
Pros
great training
Cons
24/7 hours
Full time hours for those with limited budget
Advanced Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 28, 2014
The company provides full time hours and decent benefits. The line of business I worked in provided a foundation to move on apply my skills elsewhere.
Pros
various schedules
Cons
salary
This was another company with good benefits.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LADecember 28, 2014
A typical day at this job was spent helping clients of Texas Utilities to generate, disconnect and transfer utilities. I met many friends at this job. The hardest part of this job was it was temporary and the most enjoyable was meeting people.
Pros
meeting people.
Cons
temporary
StarTek Inc.
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, CODecember 23, 2014
Working at StarTek improved my skills greatly in fields of customer service.
Pros
contests site-wide
Cons
morals and policies
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 13, 2014
Communication Skills, learn quickly and efficiently, typing, computer programs,This is the best job I have ever had. I have been here for over 2 years and I have learned a lot. I started off in customer service and worked my way up to work in the Technical Support Department. On a daily basis I troubleshoot cell phones. Customers who have issues with text, email, accessing internet on their phones, and they couldn't make or receive calls. Also, if they just have general questions about how to use their cell phones. Other troubleshooting done is with Microcells and data connect cards. There was no hard part about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was making sure my customers were satisfied with my customer service skills.
Pros
fun and exciting activities
Cons
401k, medical benefits, paid time off, and vacation time
Great Company
Account Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 14, 2014
Typical day: handling customer calls and resolving their issues
Learned: Varied depending on the contract
Management: Outstanding, very knowledgeable
Co-workers: Great teamwork
Hardest part of the job: Nothing if you apply yourself. Every job has its shortcomings but if you ask for help then you will get it.
Enjoyable part of the job: How everyone worked together to make the job fun and get the job done to satisfy the customers
Pros
free lunches, celebrations, community activities
Cons
healthcare could be better
GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE AND CHANCE FOR ADVANCEMENT
Sales Service and Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 3, 2014
ALWAYS SOMETHING NEW TO LEARN GREAT STAFF AND GREAT CHANCE FOR ADVANCEMENT STAFF WAS VERY FRIENDLY
Absolutely loved working here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 4, 2014
Assisting the customer with their cellular account and assisting with various transactions.
Pros
everything about the job
Cons
closed