STARTEK Employee Reviews

ok company
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 16, 2017
this is an ok place if you enjoy the call center environment. The management, depends on who is available, is ok as well. Some are eager to assist, others not so much.
Workplace needs improvement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 15, 2017
I work at Startek 2yrs ago, it was very unorganized management. If you have chronic health issues, do not work for this company. Not able to take break to monitor issues for your health benefit. It is a Health Customer Service Company.
Never a dull moment.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHFebruary 15, 2017
Great opportunity for growth and advancement. If that's what you're looking for. It's a tough job and not for everyone. Fun environment. Great experiences.
Pros
Stability
If u enjoy being berated by strangers on the phone all day, this job is for you
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COFebruary 15, 2017
The company I worked for was totally unorganized. Supervisors didnt know what they were doing and training did not prepare me for the call volume.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
minimal training, loud environment, favoritism, not a lot of help when on the call floor
Customer service agent
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHFebruary 15, 2017
Answering all inbound calls , also correct and fix bill errors, order plans re arrange and modify existing plans also order equipment and phones when needed.
Productive workplace with bad management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COFebruary 14, 2017
It's a really calm environment, with lots of nice co-workers, BUT the management there will not work with scheduling you around constant court dates, and mandatory medical visits, therefore I got terminated because of it... I would gladly return shall they work out the Scheduling issues
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Won't work with scheduling around constant court dates, and mandatory medical visits
Overall bad working environment
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOFebruary 13, 2017
Not a good place to work. They don't treat all of their employees with the same amount of opportunities in my own personal opinion.
Productive but very Strict workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARFebruary 12, 2017
A typical day at work involves being emotionally harassed by multiple customers and a very short break between calls to cool down and prepare yourself for the next call. Working there I've learned a lot about customer service and over-all I've enjoyed the job but it's not for everyone. You have to be able to stay calm when a customer is being rude and hurtful and it's not an easy thing to do, but you have a lot of support for those days when you just can't take it anymore. The best part of the job, though, is when you've made a customer so happy they just have to speak with your supervisor and let them know how great you are. This has been my favorite job and I do plan on going back later on in life. It definitely is a wonderful place to work but the job itself is also very challenging.
Pros
Chance for Bonus, Co-workers are caring, Good pay.
Cons
Very short breaks, very little or no floor support, unfair/unreachable expectations.
its ok
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 12, 2017
People were nice, atmosphere was ok, be prepared for stuff to change everyday, dealing with stubborn clients was the hardest part of the day, learned how to deal with difficult people
It was okay
Social Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHFebruary 11, 2017
It was a great job, just a dead end job. The managers were great. If you want to make $10 an hour for the rest of your life, this is the job for you.
Grand Junction has a disposable attitude.
Chat manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COFebruary 11, 2017
The core management tends to promote fast to fill seasonal management slots, not give enough support burn out new managers then demote them at seasons end for petty nondefensable reasons. The core management is all about who you know, and kissing *ss to stay in favor. If you are ok with being 100% flexible, willing to do a high stress job and have no problems with favoritism this might be the job for you.
Pros
Higher wages
Cons
High turnover favoritism poor management
Fast paced evironment dealing with escalated customers
Clais Management (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 10, 2017
At 6am I log into my phone and computer and calls immediately start rolling in. I learned patience and how to show empathy. The hardest part was denying work orders for homeowners and explain why their issue is not covered in the warranty. The most enjoyable part of my day is that one call from a homeowner that is overfilled with joy that we are here to help them and thanks us with giving compliments to our supervisors about us.
Pros
Perfect pay and work hours for my lifestyle
Cons
Favortism, Not enough training in important areas in my job
Poor environment
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHFebruary 9, 2017
If you work there you have that feeling you have to watch your back 24/7. Pay is good if your on the right client. Word word word word word word
Needs improvement
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 7, 2017
My startek site was very disorganized, had multiple people in management that did not seem like they could handle the position. Overall, my startek site is very immature and childish, and i would not recommend them to any one that I know.
no comment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAFebruary 6, 2017
my direct supv has great, but overall not a very good place to work for. I went to emergency room and was still written up, with dr. note.
Good place for a year or two
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAFebruary 6, 2017
It was a pleasant working environment when I started, but as time went on they hired more and more people and now there is very little one-on-one time with supervisors.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes, good OT opportunities
Great workplace environment
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAFebruary 5, 2017
great place to work good options not very flexible but a great stable income employers strive to make employees happy it is one of the best places I've ever worked
Pros
free lunch, potlucks, office parties
Cons
health care, 2 breaks and a lunch, pto
Good management but....
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Ontario, OHFebruary 4, 2017
Startek does have good management but to even get a bonus the customer has to give a all 10 survey, and that's not fair what so ever. They've changed a lot within 5 years and that's good but the pay isn't great.
Pros
Good lounge
Cons
Get written up for Just about everything
Customer service rep
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, VA 24078February 4, 2017
My days went well, very easy job. I would still be there if they didn't close. All the supervisors were nice. Had a very nice break room and bath rooms.
Calm work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 3, 2017
Loved working here. Worked over nights for Gogo Aircell. I would definitely do it again. Management was helpful, QAs made sure everything went smoothly. Relaxed work place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STARTEK. Our community is ready to answer.