STARTEK Employee Reviews

Unfunctional
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 20, 2017
Never again will I work for this company at all they steal your money and lie about your earnings all the time and the actual job hired for, it seems more like I was in middle School all over again.
Cons
Short breaks
Decent pay can get overtime
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARNovember 20, 2017
Environment itself was not very clean, I often was sick due to lack of cleanliness. Job itself has ups and downs, you need to be able to take people yelling and cursing at you, but the challenges of solving their problems is actually pretty great.
Fast paced and Repetitive
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHNovember 20, 2017
Floor Supervisor ∙
• Monitored phone splits and assisted CSR’s with trouble shooting issues
• Received employee of the month for outstanding customer service
Customer Service Representative ∙
• Provided telephone based customer service to AT&T Wireless customers
• Troubleshot issues regarding cell phone hardware, software, and billing
not a good place to be
Customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 20, 2017
cared little for employees inconstant with how employees are treated favorites played by OM's and some superviors. inconstant with how polices and procedures are carried out.
Good Work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INNovember 19, 2017
cool relaxed work place wit ha lot of room for advancement. startek is a fun and outgoing place to work. you also get to learn hands on with different campaigns.
Best place to work ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Honduras, INNovember 18, 2017
Just with the title you can start noticing that i loved this one, Startek was my first job and it´s where i learned most of my english, it was so fun going to work every day, not only because i had plenty of friends but also because the environment was full of people trying to make you feel good and comfortable.
Pros
Payment
Cons
Tiring
Repetitive, stand still, bad managers, no compassion
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs National Park, ARNovember 18, 2017
So the work is easy and it gets boring after time, unless you can get off the phones.. You are stuck in the thing every day, the managers aren't the best, most distracted and focused on office drama.

Overall:
Good for short-term,stressed environment.
horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHNovember 18, 2017
I found it too stressful and I lived too far away to deal with all the stuff from this job. I needed time off to deal with an emergency and they told me no.
It's okay
Tier 3 Advance Repair Cable and Internet (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 16, 2017
the people are nice, the managers are supportive, but harsh when need be. they're more than understanding when it comes to life events. The work however is stressful.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
No electronics, Delayed Scheduled Break and lunches, short staffing
Productive great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, VANovember 16, 2017
This company not only paid well to come to work, but they also made it fun and had other little benefits that made you want to got to work. They wanted their employees to succeed by offering GED classes on site during your shift, and you were paid to do this
Pros
Cared about their employees
Cons
Rude customers
fun place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHNovember 15, 2017
I enjoyed my tenure with Startek. Just was too entry level for me financially. There compensation is very low but competitive for the mansfield, ohio market.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
money
bad management
Customer Service Representative-Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 13, 2017
no supervisor knew what to do in any given situation. everyone gave different answers. we werent praised, only degraded. couldnt please anyone. stressful environment
Great Company
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 13, 2017
I have always loved working for this company. If they had one where I was moving I would be more than happy to stay! They are flexible and try to work with you and your personal life as much as possible, just be up front about everything!
good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chester, VANovember 12, 2017
good company but closed down. flexible with school and work life balance good opportunity for advancement I would recommend
management was pretty good
Decent job, poor management
Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MONovember 10, 2017
THe job in itself was not fairly hard to do or complicated. However, you were required to talk to people, some of which got very impatient or angry, and would take it out on you, especially when they were told no due to policies in effect. That, coupled with a very poor management system, and very shoddy support systems, made the job very stressful. I was lucky, that i got one of the rare supervisors that actually cared about their employees, rather than their pay, but most of the supervisors were lacking, or you could never find them when you needed them. they were on salary pay, what did they care?
Muy buena la verdad pero busco un mejor salario la gente y el ambiente es buena pero todavia no hay
Agent/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San pedro sulaNovember 9, 2017
Me encanta el ambiente y la gente que trabaja ahi los supervisores y jefes superiores son muy amables y estan abiertos ayudarnos con problemas que esten bajo su poder. Si no fuera por el bajo salario actual ne gustaria seguir
Pros
El ambiente
Cons
Salario
Startek
Call Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INNovember 9, 2017
When i first started it was really relaxed and laid back and i enjoyed my job. But then it got to the point where they would time you for going to the bathroom and i wasn't happy so i left. Also wouldn't work around my school schedule.
Pros
Nice people, nice environment
Cons
Not flexible with schedule
Call center
Coach (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 8, 2017
Very busy call center, production is key and expected to be high. 6 minutes per customer is the expectation. Not an easy job, but if you are a good customer service rep, it might work for you.
Pros
8 hours, go home
Cons
High expectations, hard to meet.
Poor
Sprint Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MONovember 8, 2017
Lack of properly training, picked to pieces if your not the person they are looking for, faced paced, being able to communicate with customers. Thrown to the wolves to survive on your own.
Pros
opportunity to increase your salary
Cons
short breaks, lack of support from staff
A Decent Job Depending Where You Are At
Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 8, 2017
The job itself is stressful and depending on where you are placed and how you could handle the stress, it can be a decent place. I enjoyed my time there but realized I could do better for myself
Pros
Hour lunch, Gym, Decent Co-Workers
Cons
Lack of supervision, Stressful workong environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STARTEK. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9