STARTEK Employee Reviews

Good starter job for earning experience and learning the ropes of customer service.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INOctober 18, 2016
A typical day at work will involve you coming in and depending on which program you work with sit at a computer and take calls, make sales, document and file information. All very simple stuff. The management and higher ups are nice and the culture is wonderful. The hardest part of the job is the extent of good and bad that can come from answering calls over and over constantly with no real goal in mind. You are there to be the face (and ear) of a company to which you are limited to very certain response and actions. Alot of the time you end up looking like the bad guy and are forced to put yourself in awkward situations because you have no choice. On top of the there is no room to move up. Most positions are dead and offer no room for advancement. There is a very small limitation on raises and even with perfect statistics that does not get you very far.
Pros
Good people to work with, event, and culture rich enviroment.
Cons
Once you are in a position you are stuck until you get to the point that you want to quit.
Fun productive work environment
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 13, 2017
Fun place to work where management cared about the moral of the employeesompany encouraged giving back to the community by paying employees for community service performed during business hours. Fun, challenging and competitive sales competitions to promote productivity.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Long hours, long commute
startek
swas (Current Employee) –  farmington missouriOctober 28, 2016
I am a current employee of Startek and it is the best job I have ever had.....the management and supervisors are great there's a few bad eggs but over all they are helpful and genuinely care about their teams Inside and outside the work place.....sometimes the call volume is incredibly high due to turnover rate but as long as u show up and do your job properly you have job security.....if you show a want to move up they make it easy to do so you just have to show the initiative.....i love my job here it's fun and the employees including supervisors are like family they have overtime incentives and offer tons of overtime.....if you do your job properly and follow procedures and policies you have the chance to make even more in bonus....overall it is a wonderful place to work and I would recommend it to any body the main down fall in this job is sitting in a chair all day
Pros
bonus over time incentives and chance to move up
Cons
sitting all day
Not even on a dare.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 29, 2017
Management consistently played favorites during my tenure there. They passed up superqualified people for advancement in favor of their buddies. NOT RECOMMENDED unless you can play office politics at Expert Level.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
massive favoritism, paranoia rampant.
Excellent
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYOctober 14, 2016
StarTek Inc was an amazing place to work for. Everyday I learned so many different things, not only about myself, but about my co-workers, the lines of business I supported, and the upper management. I feel the hardest part of the job was when the lines started to go overseas. I had to lay off so many people, and that was so difficult as to me, they were more than just employees. They were people with families, bills to pay, struggles. The most enjoyable part of the job, was interacting with customers and employees.

I had the most amazing co-workers. In fact, it was like a family, and we are all still close and keep in contact with each other.

Everyday, I greeted the team as they arrived. I addressed any issues they may have had. I prepared for the morning call with the upper management. I looked at reports, picked them apart to see if there were any areas of concern. I had one on ones throughout the day, problem solved issues and escalations, etc.
Pros
Advancement opportunity
Cons
Outsourcing Business
Its great.
National Sales Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MOSeptember 2, 2016
A typical day at work consists of answering questions from store representatives, and making sure the customer is satisfied with their visit. The best part of this job are the benefits, co-workers, they work with your school schedules/other jobs and every day there's a new learning experience. Hardest part of the job is getting yelled at constantly for following a strict policy that we enforce. Another thing is, management isn't the best. Example, My close relative was in the hospital for something serious and when I let them know about it, they basically told me chose between my job and my family. Other than that, I would recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Great pay, awesome co-workers, flexible, benefits.
Cons
management
It was a nice place to work and to get out of the house
Tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 2, 2016
Star tek was a nice place to work if you like sitting and talking to people on the phone. Everyone was usually very nice and supportive. Advancement was hard because it had so many employees it was sometime hard to be recognized for your work when exemplary jobs were done. Management only new of your work of the customer wished to speak with them to give you a kudos. Even though it was hard to advance it was a grate experience
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
Back to back calls when on the flor
Terrible employer
T-mobile (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 4, 2016
Only work here if desperate. They treat employees terribly. And don't pay out bonuses. When you do qualify for a bonus they find a reason to deny it or delay it so long that the employee quits or gets fired.

Worked there for a year and was treated terribly... not just me either. the HR offices are always full of people quitting or getting fired or filing harassment suits or complaints.

They fire people as quick as they hire them. Poor training poor support, Smells bad and ceiling leaks and facilities are always dirty and systems do not work. Vending machine are way overpriced parking is limited and security is terrible.

I repeat do not work here a gas station pay better and is a better job than startek.
Pros
A locker
Cons
Everything, bosses, management, smell, pay, treatment
Fun environment
Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 27, 2016
Startek is an ideal company to work for with great culture and adaptability towards the needs of employees. I would highly recommend Startek as a job to work, especially if you are going to school or need flexibility with a schedule. The only downside would be low compensation in the departments, but still more than minimum wage.
Pros
Many activities to be involved in
The worst place ever!!!!!!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 13, 2016
I have worked in a lot of call centers but this by far was the most unorganized unprepared untrained place I have ever worked for. The fact that the trainer was not even been certified as a trainer yet but she was teaching a class of 13 new hires. And that there was still someone trying to interview for the position so they have a assessment at the end of the week that you have to take to determine if u keep the job that's in the hands of a person that's not even a real trainer..."Yet".In other words if you are looking for a place that is professional and that you are going to get actual call center experience this is not the place you want to be.
Pros
they offer part time
Cons
poor pay, high turnover, unprofessional, poor management

Want to know more about STARTEK?

Ask a question
excellent training, good supervisors and coworkers
CR I (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 22, 2016
Startek increased my customer service skills with inbound call center experience. I received excellent training for both the positions I had at Startek. My immediate supervisors were supportive and my co-workers were a diverse and friendly group for the most part. There were definite problems with communication from upper management on a day to day basis. The hardest part of the job was never knowing if our systems were going to be operational and constant changes in requirements for meeting our goals. The best part of the job were the customers-talking to people from all walks of life and all ages and helping them resolve their issues.
Pros
excellent training, good fun-loving co-workers
Cons
lack of communication from upper management, constant changes in requirements and inconsistent enforcement of policies
Great environment to work!
ENGAGMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOOctober 18, 2016
Working at StarTek was one of the best places I have ever worked. Very fun and great training. Fun co workers but also hard working. Very demanding job and is fast paced. Great lunches and breaks. Great management. Great benefits!
Pros
Long Lunches, Long breaks, great benefits
Cons
Hard to put your all in the job when you have a family at home
Work from home job
Home Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 19, 2017
Take incoming call regarding Hunter and Casablanca Fans. Poor communication with the Home agents with providing information regarding updates and policies. This company didn't provide any type of raises or job advancement.
Bad company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJanuary 4, 2017
Decent pay. Long hours on phone with horrible customer. Sprint customers are the worst. Management doesn't empathize with any newbies or anyone with a mental disorder.
Pros
Adequate breaks
Cons
Long hours on phone
Bad Pay
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 14, 2016
The pay is not enough to survive. I had to work a second job just to make ends meet or work a ton of overtime. They expect a lot out of you with bad pay and benefits and they don't typically promote from within. High turnover rate. Not very much opportunity for advancement. The only good thing I guess is that they give you free food every so often.
Pros
Free Food sometimes
Cons
Short breaks, pay, managment
A typical call center
Tech Support Call Agent (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 2, 2016
Average workday:
Come to work, clock in, take phone call after phone call of angry comcast customers whose service has some sort of interruption, take a 15 minute break (exactly that amount, not a minute more or less), repeat phone calls, half hour unpaid lunch, phone calls, 15 minute break, phone calls until it's time to clock out at exactly the time you're supposed to. The management (not the "managers/supervisors" that were paid the same as a standard call agent) did not care about the agents, only cared about metrics, and because of all of this, this company has one of the highest turnover rates for employees in this city.
Pros
immediate supervisors tried to help as much as possible
fun place to work
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VANovember 26, 2016
this site closed down in January of 2009 - it was a great fun place to work - management was willing to work together to improve the culture and make the process better for employees.
Great Place to Work!
Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  FarmingtonNovember 16, 2016
I loved everything about my job at StarTek. Such a fun and productive environment. Great opportunity for advancement. Good and informative paid training! Awesome benefits.
My 22 month experience at StarTek
Onboarding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHApril 9, 2016
When StarTek offered telecommute positions prior to 2015 and then mid that year opening new site in Hamilton, Ohio this was a better job than working minimum wage at a gas station but definitely not easier.

This company expects 2x more from their employees than what they compensate them and when performance reviews occur once a year you are lucky to receive a .10 raise.

Bottom line, there is no career working at StarTek and they often hire desperate people and offer empty promises of advancement. Most of the management I knew prior to quitting after almost 2yrs there at this "sweat shop" are gone or looking for other work/careers.

I would suggest if you want to learn what a call center is like (just as if you lived in a 3rd world country), try StarTek in Hamilton OH.

I left this company voluntarily and now happier everyday for this decision.
Pros
I wish I could say at least StarTek offered employees free coffee but that would be a lie.
Cons
Too many to list or be bothered to explain.
Grand Junction has a disposable attitude.
Chat manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COFebruary 11, 2017
The core management tends to promote fast to fill seasonal management slots, not give enough support burn out new managers then demote them at seasons end for petty nondefensable reasons. The core management is all about who you know, and kissing *ss to stay in favor. If you are ok with being 100% flexible, willing to do a high stress job and have no problems with favoritism this might be the job for you.
Pros
Higher wages
Cons
High turnover favoritism poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STARTEK. Our community is ready to answer.