STARTEK

STARTEK Employer Reviews

i enjoyed my time there
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAJanuary 20, 2015
Startek is a well put together company. they were efficient with payroll. and you were garunteed your 40 a week. your schedule was a set schedule and that was great. job stabiltity was very well also. the pay was decent for thwe work you were doing. the managment was fair and reasonable. in my book its a great job to hold and keep
FUN WORK PLACE AND EASY TO WORK
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), ORTIGAS PHILIPPINESJanuary 9, 2015
They are really helpfull to the agent the is new in this kind of industry
Working from home is a big benefit.
Help Desk Supervisor (Current Employee), At HomeJanuary 2, 2015
I work as a contact center supervisor for a 100% at home contact center. All 40 of my agents all work in different parts of the country. It was a challenge at first finding solid coaching techniques that translate to the work from home environment. After some tweaking I've discovered that managing people tends to be the same work if they are directly in front of you or on the opposite coast.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the advantages of working from home. No traffic, no added costs for lunches, no upkeep on the vehicle, ect.. However, working at home does come with some inherent flaws as well. Harder to network and loss of social co-worker interaction come to mind.

The management team here is a very solid group of smart and capable individuals. Due to the limited scope of our at home program there is little room for advancement within the program.
Good wages for Grand Junction
Local Support Specialist, Inventory (Current Employee), Grand Junction, CODecember 26, 2014
I have met some really good people. I am looking to change my career path and work using my degree in criminal justice I worked as an agent in the many lines of business that I worked. I am grateful for the time that I was able to work there.
Clean and very nice work place.
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Mansfield, OHDecember 24, 2014
Pros: long lunch breaks and bathroom breaks always had more than enough time to eat and bathroom breaks.
Cons: having to sit in a chair for 6 to 8 hours at a time.
Very fun environment to work in. loved talking to customers and navigating software on the computer. Loved helping customers with the cell phone problems and cell phone bill problems.
Don't ever work here
CSR (Former Employee), Grand Junction, CODecember 5, 2014
Don't ever work here. After a full month of refusing to let my husband work and refusing to give him FMLA when he had a medical issue (which he completely qualified for, and would have only been out for a few days), they then told him his show rate was too low and fired him. Um, excuse me? He TRIED to work. If he ever was even so lucky to get logged in, they'd force him to go home. Do not waste your time here. Thanks to them our 8 month old son and 5 year old daughter will freeze out on the streets.
No home life
TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Former Employee), Decatur, ILNovember 28, 2014
There was no balance between home life and work life. You were expected to work over 40 hours and on holidays. Job Security/management should be rated a 0. Poor management decisions resulted in the site being shut down.
fun place to work
Call Center Agent (Former Employee), washintonghNovember 27, 2014
Pros: nothing for free
Cons: short breaks of 15 minutes
It was awesome to work with Startek i had a really good experience speaking with customers all over the world.
A company with a fun atmosphere.
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee), Petersburg, VANovember 22, 2014
I really enjoyed working at Startek. The work was made to be fun. Our trainers, co-workers, the entire staff was awesome. It was very enjoyable.
Stay away
call center employee/temp (Former Employee), myrtle beach, scNovember 21, 2014
horrible working conditions, no real training, focus is on stats...no appreciation of employees. They hire temps and treat them like temps. Full time staff is never sure how long the job will last. They have a history of layoffs. Latest hiring push is through a temp agency. People quit after a few days. Not worth the 10 bucks an hour. Days off are never together, you may have tuesday and thursday off. Shifts are usually 11 am to 8 pm however you spend 9 hours there since they do not pay you for your lunch time (understandable but 9 hours makes for a long day) Management is totally uninvolved in day-to-day operations. Operations manager is ineffective and disrespectful of employees, all calls made by this person are on speaker phone with no office door to close.
Nice people, friendly work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Greeley, CONovember 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches, nice people
Cons: not a secured job
It was nice to come into work and know I was going to be helping someone.
Great work place, TVs, Computers for use
Customer Services Rep (Former Employee), Danville, VANovember 13, 2014
Pros: some free food days
Cons: benefits cost
Startek, was a great place to worked loved how the company always thought of the employee by doing something fun every now and then. I learned the skills, to help customer's with issues with their services and providing them with accurate information on their bills. and giving them info on the newest devices or services that we offered. The co-workers was always helpful and willing to help if needed very friendly and polite, the hardest part of the job was not hard and that would be the learning process, but once it was understood it came natural, and I enjoyed my job, due to the fact of being able to help people out.
A typical day at Startek
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARNovember 8, 2014
Pros: indoors, healthcare, secure facility, busy, excellent training and coaching
Cons: not always being about to resolve issues, long hours
Begin the day by logging on to the computer and phone. The day consisted of answering calls as they came to your desk. To begin a call I had to be able to properly verify account information with the customer to be able to access the account. Once verified, I assisted customers with technical support, account changes, sales, and making payments or payment arrangements. During the day there are coachings with management to better customer satisfaction and training sessions to stay up to date on all new technology and procedures.
Reliable hours
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee), Decatur, ILNovember 7, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Reliable hours.
good training.
decent money
it was a c all center. Tough at times, easy other times
Confused managment
Customer Service (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VANovember 3, 2014
Pros: simple
Cons: low pay
Startek offers a fun atmosphere to work at, but does not have any type of organization. Supervisors are very friendly and more than willing to help out in any way they can, but shifts can change in less than a day and other things.
Management lacks professionalism
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Mansfield, OHNovember 1, 2014
Pros: cafeteria
Cons: favoritism and lack of professionalism
I wish I could write my full review, but I fear retribution from Startek. All I have to say is that this place is a joke. They don't follow their clients rules. Professionalism seems to disappear the moment you walk into this building every day. Training is ridiculous. They allow people doing illegal activity to be promoted.

It may good job for some, but if you are a decent person with morals, don't work there.
A wonderful day here at AT&T
Collections Agent (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COOctober 30, 2014
Pros: works around your schedule
Cons: feels unorganized
Collection past due balances on customer account while providing Intel on any questions they might have had about ATT or their account. Had to provide the customer with any details about their billing with a very professional manner. Must have extreme amount of patience along with tolerance with customers that were escalating. Needed to know about promotions and every detail about the company in order to provide assistance to any customer.
Stressful Job - Low Pay - Unfriendly Senior Management
Former Employee (Former Employee), Grand JunctionOctober 23, 2014
Dishonest collection practices -- (collecting on balances that are not due)

Senior management officials often fail to follow their own disciplinary process.

StarTek = High Stress + Low Pay (especially for salaried personnel)
Fastpace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Decatur IlOctober 15, 2014
Assisting at&t customers on billing issues and also troubleshooting celluar phone.
okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Decatur, ILOctober 12, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job

1 2 3 4 5

About STARTEK

STARTEK, Inc. is a global provider of business process outsourcing (BPO) services with over 9,000 employees and has been committed – Read more

STARTEK Photos