STARTEK

STARTEK Employer Reviews

Not a place for a professional
Account Support Representative (Former Employee), Greeley, COFebruary 26, 2015
If you're looking for a temporary gig or don't mind being yelled at by clients with no support from your manager, this is the place for you. If it weren't for the coworkers in my group, I would not have lasted 2 years. There are ways to excel here, but you really need a thick skin and have no problem giving up your personal integrity. The people I saw working in other lines of business typically had little to no pride in their job, making the place difficult for those of us who at least attempted to do so. Personally, I am uncomfortable working alongside people wearing tracking monitors on their ankles! (None were on my team, and I believe people deserve a second chance, but that equates to a hostile working environment!)
Nice place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNFebruary 25, 2015
Learned what a packaging company does. Took inventory, accounts payable, work on production line when needed. Assisted in HR and payroll. Ran daily errands, balanced petty cash and wrote checks for local purchases.
Decent
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAFebruary 19, 2015
Not bad starting out at $9.50 for over the phone Sales/CSR, it's where people who desperately need a job go. Don't be surprised if you don't get the schedule you want or if you do and they take advantage of the 1 hr window in it to move your start and end time around day by day.
Low moral enviroment with good coworkers and management
Process Specialist (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COFebruary 18, 2015
The job and work itself is demoralizing. It is one of those jobs where only the strong of moral can survive. It is made easier my the people you work with as everyone is accepting and supportive. Most of the management is also supportive and takes an interest in your personal life to help you balance them.
Stressful, poorly run company
CRM agent (Current Employee), Grand Junction, COFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: good health care
Cons: extremely poor management
The demands to be met in a collection's call center can be very difficult when one knows if all metrics are not met your job is at risk. Very difficult to work well in an atmosphere like that. Currently this company is under review by its largest client thus looking for other employment is a good idea.
Customer Service Rep.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Enid, OKFebruary 10, 2015
Accounts Receivables Representative and Technical Support for multiple companies in an inbound call center. Stressful job with stats that must be met weekly. Friendly co-workers.
I enjoy the potlucks and games offer at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Collinsville, VAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: games and prizes
Cons: short breaks
I have to take inbound calls and make outbound calls to customers. I have help with billing questions. The management was very friendly and helpful. I enjoy working with co-workers. They assist you when you need help.
Think Twice
Customer Rep (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: easy job
Cons: all of the above reasons
Commission plus base pay. Paid on the 8th and 22nd of the months. Managers will try their best to have relations with female employees.
Needed new management
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: befits
Cons: no proper training
To big a turnover rate, do as I say not as I do attitudes
Supervisors told employees they would show them the ropes then through them on the phones unprepared...changes rules everyday.
productive and great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rocky Mount VirginiaFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: talking ti people
Cons: clsed down building
Talking to customers and getting there situation resolved weather it be cell phone issues,paying a bill,or adding another line of service
Fun and productive
Receivables Management (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COFebruary 2, 2015
Receive calls from customers who either didn't pay their bill or phone was shut off. I learned patience and calmness with people always calling in yelling because of their bills. Management were great trainers.
they have goals that are too unrealistic for a person to meet
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Enid, OkFebruary 2, 2015
i would not recommend anyone work for them due to they do not follow that stats that the client wants. They set their own which are to hard to meet.
A fun workplace but a stressful one.
Communicator (Former Employee), Enid, OKFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: a yearly picknic, good healthcre, good 401k
Cons: evaulations baseed on customer reviews, marked down for transfers even manditory
Must be on phones and setting up computer 5 min before job starts and be ready when does (generally not a problem). Took payments by credit card, checking account, or money order. Set up payment arrangements. Disputed payments. Gave info as needed.

I learned to handle customers that were stressed out due to threat of suspending service, or service was suspended or canceled or sent to a collection agency.

I had a good relationship with management and my co-workers.

One of the most difficult parts of the job was telling that a service was permanently canceled and that early termination fees would also apply OR telling that an account has been sent to a collection agency.

the most enjoyable parts were successfully helping customers with a problem or situation with service.
okay job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARJanuary 25, 2015
a typical day at work was tough. i was yelled at every day by callers upset about their service. i learned that you have to put your personal feelings aside to help others to achieve your goal in customer service. management here was okay but they were a start up company and so were the managers. they were very new and still very unsure of themselves. my co workers were fun to be around. the hardest part of the job was having to be yelled at and trying not to take it personal. the best part about my job was being able to help others.
i enjoyed my time there
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAJanuary 20, 2015
Startek is a well put together company. they were efficient with payroll. and you were garunteed your 40 a week. your schedule was a set schedule and that was great. job stabiltity was very well also. the pay was decent for thwe work you were doing. the managment was fair and reasonable. in my book its a great job to hold and keep
FUN WORK PLACE AND EASY TO WORK
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), ORTIGAS PHILIPPINESJanuary 9, 2015
They are really helpfull to the agent the is new in this kind of industry
Working from home is a big benefit.
Help Desk Supervisor (Current Employee), At HomeJanuary 2, 2015
I work as a contact center supervisor for a 100% at home contact center. All 40 of my agents all work in different parts of the country. It was a challenge at first finding solid coaching techniques that translate to the work from home environment. After some tweaking I've discovered that managing people tends to be the same work if they are directly in front of you or on the opposite coast.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the advantages of working from home. No traffic, no added costs for lunches, no upkeep on the vehicle, ect.. However, working at home does come with some inherent flaws as well. Harder to network and loss of social co-worker interaction come to mind.

The management team here is a very solid group of smart and capable individuals. Due to the limited scope of our at home program there is little room for advancement within the program.
Good wages for Grand Junction
Local Support Specialist, Inventory (Current Employee), Grand Junction, CODecember 26, 2014
I have met some really good people. I am looking to change my career path and work using my degree in criminal justice I worked as an agent in the many lines of business that I worked. I am grateful for the time that I was able to work there.
Clean and very nice work place.
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Mansfield, OHDecember 24, 2014
Pros: long lunch breaks and bathroom breaks always had more than enough time to eat and bathroom breaks.
Cons: having to sit in a chair for 6 to 8 hours at a time.
Very fun environment to work in. loved talking to customers and navigating software on the computer. Loved helping customers with the cell phone problems and cell phone bill problems.
Don't ever work here
CSR (Former Employee), Grand Junction, CODecember 5, 2014
Don't ever work here. After a full month of refusing to let my husband work and refusing to give him FMLA when he had a medical issue (which he completely qualified for, and would have only been out for a few days), they then told him his show rate was too low and fired him. Um, excuse me? He TRIED to work. If he ever was even so lucky to get logged in, they'd force him to go home. Do not waste your time here. Thanks to them our 8 month old son and 5 year old daughter will freeze out on the streets.

1 2 3 4 5

About STARTEK

STARTEK, Inc. is a global provider of business process outsourcing (BPO) services with over 9,000 employees and has been committed – Read more

STARTEK Photos