Starwood Hotels

Starwood Hotels Employer Reviews

Fun and Exciting Place To Work. A Lot of Positive Minded Individuals!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: making sure you took good effecient notes and listened intensely.
Cons: when testing for mid-term, important;answer all 53 questions on mid-term exam.
I Learned quite a bit about what was expected from me as an Associate. I Love working with customers and people in general so It was also a fun-filled experience. I Just regret not answering my last 14 questions that would have brought my average grade higher and I would have passed or had the opportunity to re-take my Mid-Term Test.( I feel that was something that my trainer /supervisor (Brett Mayberry) could have stressed a lot more.!!!!!!!!
GOOD JOB
Security Officer/Customer Service (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 10, 2015
GOOD PLACE TO WORK AND GROW YOU FEEL LIKE FAMILY AND THERE IS A LOT OF ROOM FOR A PERSON TO MOVE AROUND WITHIN THE COMPANY
Very fast paced and a fun work environment
Server (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free lunches, great benefits and pay
Working for the Westin hotel was one of the best serving experiences for me, mainly because it gave me the opportunity to grow within the hospitality industry. I was given the team I needed to succeed. Management was shaky at first, but towards the end of my working there, the management was great. The hardest part of my job was being under-staffed ( not having bussers or food runners), primarily during the busiest of days. My absolute favorable parts of my job, were learning more food products, having pride for my job and giving guests the best dining experience.
Productive work environment.
Customer Service Associate/Concierge (Former Employee), Lancaster, CaJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: variety of clientele.
Cons: constant pressure of job termination threatened daily if quotas weren't met.
This was a call center with heavy phones. Excellent training. I advanced from entry level to Concierge level in very little time. I had a good rapport with management and customers.
Productive and growing experience for me
Group Sales Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2015
It was a good experience and learning opportunity for me in my hospitality career. I did not feel that I had much job security or support from upper management though.
n/a
Customer Service Sales (Former Employee), Lancaster, CADecember 23, 2014
A lot of calls at one time, fast pase fun co-workers, great pay and great customer to talk to.
productive, fast paced work environment, management is vey supportive
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fall River, MADecember 21, 2014
Pros: flexible 40 hr shift
Cons: micro-managed
High pressure sales and customer service. I learned to operate at maximum mental capacity for long periods of time. Management was readily available if i reached a new found situation. Co-workers were seemed discontent and for the most part in a state of constant distress. The hardest part of the job was being micro-managed by a success philosophy that was implemetented by computerized statistical formulas, causing a lack of the human personality in the workplace. I found the the most enjoyable part was having personal success.
Nice company to wrk for
IT MANAGER (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 9, 2014
This is a community service company that enjoys motivation employees to work with the community and pro the community. Nice environment, even that we had meetings every day, meeting were not boring at all. there was always something fun to do with the management staff members.
An excellent place to work!!!
Vacation Planning Counselor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 22, 2014
Pros: so many including the gym and oasis room
Cons: for me it was the phone but there really are none
It has been a few years since I have worked here. I was with the Starwood Vacation Ownership Department in 2009 and it was an experience I wish I didn’t have to give up. A typical day was busy but there was always perks, managerial support and encouragement. I was amazed when they did quarterly functions they closed the call center. They truly care for all their employees and the managers are all great. The spirit of hospitality is definitely at Starwood.
The most enjoyable part of my job
Agent (Current Employee), W French QuarterNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
The most high light of my day, will be meeting someone new everyday.
Great place to work, great discounts, always kept it fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Austin TxNovember 17, 2014
Pros: plenty of restrooms.. lunch room stocked & huge... covered smoke area (even in rain)
Cons: over priced vending machines, short lunch
I just didnt like the 30 minute lunches and shift bids.. you can work anywhere from 6:30 am to 2:00 am even on holidays.. BUT I guess someone somewhere needs a hotel right? =) I got great discounts worldwide and was even to get my friends and family discounts.. Team Lead? she was amazing, got me the coaching I needed in order to make perfect reservations..
Productive, Fun, great facilities
Administrative Assistant/Department Secretary (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches, outings, fun environement
Cons: benefits, not much room for advancement, management can be biased at times
Great & Clean Environment
Great Company
Open door policy w/ management
Diversed employees
Starwood Hotels & Resorts
Reservation Sales Agent (Current Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 9, 2014
The staff is great.
It can be stressful at times.
The hardest part of the job to me is being a Reservations Sales Agent. I have worked in Hospitality for years and I am not used to 'selling' rooms to guests. If the guest is not interested, then we go to the next person. They are focused on sales here.
The most enjoyable are the guests that appreciate what you do for them.
Great
PURCHASING MANAGER (Former Employee), Kansas CityNovember 6, 2014
Starwood is a great company to work for. Great managers and great staff.
A joy to spend your work day.
Guest Services Rep (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 3, 2014
Pros: professional environment with social advantages
Cons: no upward movement within.
Checking Guest in and out. Resolve any and all guest issues to the best of your ability. Make a guest feel one of a kind to ensure the most comfortable stay. Working as a team with your co-workers to guarantee a great work environment. The hardest part of the job is balancing all the different issues to provide the greatest solution.
Workplace full of excitements and amazing team work.
Customer Service Representative / Sales (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAOctober 29, 2014
Going to work every day was exiting; because I was working side by side with grate management and amazing co-workers. Company had the best interest in heart for their employees and customers that’s why customer loyalty was very high. They made sure we all were well trained and educated about the brands that we were representing. I was once more convinced that with grate leadership, training and team work you can create amazing teams and gain loyal customers.
Its been ok
Specialist, Organizational Effectiveness (Current Employee), Stamford, CTOctober 27, 2014
Pros: great brands, decent pay
Cons: tough culture, no one really wants to do the work but everyone wants the credit.
if you want to grow and advance, it's not the best place to be. Good luck but I wouldn't recommend it. Great for the short term, Not the long term. if you want a stable job without much growth, go for it.
Good work enviorment, diversce, and fun place to work!
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: good mgt., free holiday meals, paid vacation/sick time, monthly bonus, job security
Cons: short breaks/lunches, very strict on time (to the minute)
Starwood was a good place to work. I would recommend it to anyone looking for employment where there is a starwood center available.
Busy yet fun workplace
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAOctober 22, 2014
Everyone greeted each other within the workplace in the morning, had our morning meetings, read emails, began various reports, made sure phone was answered as soon as possible everytime. Ended shift with checking emails once more to ensure all duties were completed.
Great Employer
Chef de Cuisine (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 22, 2014
Pros: quality of service
Cons: quality of life
Both times working for Starwood was an absolute pleasure. I was constantly challenged, enjoyed all of my colleagues, loved the culture among staff, and was proud to be part of the concept.

1 2 3 4 5

About Starwood Hotels

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide knows how to shine a light on hospitality. One of the world's largest hotel companies, – Read more

Starwood Hotels Photos