Starwood Hotels Employee Reviews

Great Workplace
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Kaanapali, HISeptember 26, 2016
Great company to work for. Highly recommended and a nice, relaxing workplace culture. I learned a lot about sales skills and the managers were always willing to help out their employers.
Innovative, creative place to work with great people and perks
Senior Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 13, 2016
Industry leader in hotel industry - innovative, diverse, fun, exciting, family-oriented, hard-working;
Longevity is the norm - people stay 5, 10, 15 years;
Community atmosphere, globally conscious and environmentally responsible
Pros
Great innovative culture
Cons
Being sold to competitor
Easy Job , Poor Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 8, 2016
I put in 2 and half years , made millions in revenue for the company and was still treated replaceable.

The job doesnt require much except be at work and deliver great customer service and selling. If you are okay with always being on the back burner of feeling like you matter or make a difference i suggest it.
Pros
employee parties, free food time to time, industry discounts
Cons
poor leadership, bad schedules, no flexibility
Poor Management, very superficial
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 31, 2016
I worked for the W hotel in minneapolis as an executive assistant, the management was poor at best. They are extremely superficial as my first review by the management concluded that I did not dress with the correct style although I was wearing business attire each and every day. This was also my first hotel setting that I worked in and the management had unreal expectations with little to no guidance in my daily duties and offered no coaching. Overall, one of the worst work experiences I have ever had.
Pros
Exciting, fast paced, energetic
Cons
Poor upper management, no coaching
upbeat fun work place
SALES & SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 16, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Starwood although it just wasnt the job made for me. They had a hard time with working around my schedule and couldn't accommodate around my personal and school schedule.
Pros
provide lunches, great supervisors, paid training
Cons
repetitive, horrible hours, not much room for advancement
nice place
Gift Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 16, 2016
I enjoy working there because i got to meet people from different states and country's which was a nice expensive for me. Some of the team member's were nice and other were rude.
Great Company
Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 15, 2016
Great benefits and job advancement opportunities. Culture of service and keeping the guests and employees happy. Lots of training when there are system or policy changes. There are always changes happening. Fun events happen monthly and there are always contests to help drive better performance. Bonus structure is very easy to attain if you work hard and implement the feedback you are given.
Pros
Bonuses, vacation, Job advancement, Management team
Like to work there,near downtown ,
Dishwasher or girll cleaning (Former Employee) –  Want in gaAugust 13, 2016
I learn to work dishwasher clean stove oven and girlll cleaning and some time cook for cafe set up food wash glass dish I didn't work for star wood it was maury Westinghouse hotel
Pros
Cafe work setup cook and set up food
Corporate Brand Manager assistant (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 12, 2016
Starwood Corporate was a new organization when I started working with them in 1998. Over the years I watched the organization grow but I did not have the opportunity to grow with them. I started in 1998 as an admin assistant and I left as an admin assistant. Starwood has great employee advancement programs and benefits but for some reason I never advanced to a higher position.
Pros
Good employee benefits
Cons
lower tier employee advancement
Supervisor/Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator, Supervisor (Current Employee) –  2350 kansas City Mo 64108August 11, 2016
My typical work day begins with me opening up three outlet restaurants, H-Bar, Crayola Cafe and Milano Italian Dining. I review information from the previous year for staff to determine expectation of guest volume. I meet with current and new guests to assist their individual needs on their specific event. Discuss guest’s budget and different options within the restaurants. Collect guest’s information, explain exact details on what is offered for each event. Communicate information to the managerial and culinary staff. Construct event and function contracts for guests and make necessary changes. Create guests notes files for each specific event and a revenue statement on what income the restaurant had earned. I would have to say the hardest job is that there not enough hours in the day. That is why I arrive early the next to ensure my staff and clients have the best support needed to have the best experience possible.
Pros
Great managers who are mentors
Cons
Short staffed
Quality, inovative food product and service
Associate Director of Catering (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 8, 2016
Quality food and beverage product. Four star hotel. Most popular up and coming area in Boston's waterfront area.
Responsible for all financial Catering budget, Culinary and Catering events. direct report for 3 managers
Pros
Bebefit package
Suprised this is a Sheraton
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXAugust 8, 2016
I've worked for quite a few hotels and have never come across management like the starwood in Galveston, Texas. The General Manager is horrible. He dismisses guests, telling them they are lying. Told me as a front desk agent to have them go sit down and basically not listen to anything they have to say. I have years of experience and work for two 4-Diamond properties and was absolutely appalled by what I saw. This was supposed to be a nice part time job but I couldn't handle working there for more than a day. I'm sure other Starwood Properties aren't bad but I will say the one in Galveston is not up to par. My co-workers are great, work hard but not given the respect they deserve. I like the OPS system, very easy to use. The location is nice but when management is horrible it dwindles down. Maybe that's why it is ranked so low on Trip Advisor.
Pros
Co-workers, location, room service, and bar
Great Inviornment
Sales Reservation Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 7, 2016
I haven't been working here very long, but I love it. The training taught actual material that we would use on the floor, and the coaching staff is very great. Training wasn't like a school class like other jobs I've had. I would recommend this job to anyone. The pay is great and the team staff members are amazing!
Pros
Pay, Enviornment, Benefits, Scheduling
Cons
Short lunch breaks
great place to work
Accounts Receivable Agent (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 6, 2016
This job has been pleasing ever since i started. I have received 3 promotions so far and plan on many more. They enjoy me and my work ethic as i enjoy the company and opportunity. would recommend anyone to apply for the sheraton birmingham
Pros
opportunity
Cons
software
Na
Accounts Receivble Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2016
Great place to work. Live well, Be Well, Move Well, Eat Well. Starwood offers a diverse workplace, with endless learning opportunities.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Productive and Fun WorkPlace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  OranJuly 31, 2016
I've learned a lot in this Job i've learned to be patient and how to solve problems and the management at the company it's mangnefecient the co-workers are great and the hardest part of the job it's that we don't get the cretics for the great things we do and the most enjoyable part of the job it's when you a guest happy you feel like you did something good and that's just amazing
fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 21, 2016
starwood is a very peacful fun environment. I learned a lot about different hotels and wants and needs of customers. The hardest part of the job is reaching the quotas when you have "dead" days when nobody is really wanting to book hotels.
Review
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 20, 2016
Very good benefits and hours. Managemnet wants you to succeed and helps train constantly. Discount hotel rooms and getaways.
be love your job and what your doing be passion-able then you can make the guest happy and you can have fun in what your doing
Bartender (Former Employee) –  near marinaJuly 20, 2016
i lean lot off think from here about the spirits and how to handle the guest and i improve my English now i want to get new experience and new knowledge
Pros
1 hour
Cons
full time
Lack of concern for amount of work expected to complete tasks
Ambassador - Customer Experience Management (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAJuly 18, 2016
Disconnect between management of ambassador service-customer experience management and associates. Expectations to continually add more work and clients onto already overloaded associates. Continual software issues and network/VPN issues.
Pros
Hotel discounts
Cons
Healthcare Insurance, Compensation, Management Disconnect, Lack of Communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starwood Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.