Starwood Hotels

Starwood Hotels Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working with my supervisor and co-workers very much
Hotel Accountant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 27, 2015
Pros: co-workers and supervisor was great. still keep in touch with many
Cons: not much opportunity to advance
It was too easy of a job. I was finished with my work the first week and was bored the rest of the month. There was much advancement opportunities for me there.
Busy and productive place
Sales Reporting Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJAugust 25, 2015
Pros: job
Cons: not enough money
Days start at 8am and are challenging from start to finish. The team is hard working and are team players. The most enjoyable part of the job is making the decisions.
fun place, if you meet daily goals, stressful work environment.
Cook III (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 24, 2015
if you do what your told, stock product for service and can work under pressure well, this job is for you. I handled the daily routines well, but when it came to working under pressure, cooking hundereds of dishes a night, getting the dishes out to the customer in a timely manner, I struggled
This job was a stepping stone until I could do what I really liked
Telemarketer/Appointment Setter (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAAugust 24, 2015
I got this job when I got out of program to help me pay my rent at the sober living. I only worked there a couple of months. This job really was not my cup of tea, it was about survival.
Beautiful location.
Front Desk Agent to Front Desk Manager (Former Employee), Key West, FLAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Great views, friendly staff, prime location
Cons: Upper management, benefits, hotel presentation
The location was beautiful, the rooms were pretty small though it is a very old building, the management was not very accepting of change, many guest complaints were advised to be "swept under the rug." I learned a lot about interpersonal relationships.
Productive fun, environement with room to grow
Night Audit Supervisor (Current Employee), BostonAugust 19, 2015
Pros: free lunch and breakfast, ensentives, multiple trainings
Cons: not knowing when to just stop and go...
My typical work day would technically be a work night. In at 11pm recap with the departing manager about any issues or things to know or follow up on. If I have support for the night a game plan if any regarding any pass on from the departing manager. Making sure my support isn't taken by surprise in any way.

Hardest part turning people away when rooms are not available.

I learned that there needs to be a balance to work/personal life.

Co-workers are family, we pick each other up, help each other out, and for the most part back each other up. We are a team but also a family.

Most enjoyable part of the job is see the agents face when they figured out something on their own, or they have received a glowing comment from a guest. Seeing them embrace and enjoy what they do is fulfilling.
Fun nurturing environment
Reservations Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 16, 2015
management really tried to work with everyone. overall it was an amazing place to work. if it wasn't for so many complications I would have love to stay.
Vacation Consultant
Vacation Consultant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 16, 2015
• Present product features and benefits; create urgency and need, overcome objections while maintaining a professional attitude in a fast paced atmosphere.
• Responsible to review, update and enhance owner vacation portfolios to help them attain the vacation lifestyle that best fits them.
• Successfully closed over $1.5M in vacation ownership sales
Good Company needs a better foundation
VSC (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 14, 2015
Pros: different work locations and benefits
Cons: slow seasons, pushy, MOD's aren't there for you.
It's not not easy, hours are crazy, majority of the time the managers on duty never answer when you need help. You have 1 month free to get away with mot booking any sales but after that you get written up. Its NOT marketing as i was told in my interview its Soliciting.
Must have a good rest room and more activities
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), LE MERIDIENAugust 13, 2015
Pros: NO COMMENTS
Cons: NO COMMENTS
Le Meridien is a good hotel to work and can be commanded to work .
Many training was put in place and i have learned many things.
The management is always present and ready to help you in any situation.
Co-workers are always working in a good team spirit.
The hardest part is when there is turnover .
enjoyable part of the job is when guest are happy and return back.
Great Workplace
WET Attendant (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 9, 2015
Great place to work and interactive in regards to all departments. I have a great time at work, with having the ability to learn from management daily.
This is the job that I gained the most knowlege from, which i am fortunate for
Reservation and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fall River, MassachusettsJuly 31, 2015
Pros: If there is any issues at all, your supervisor is always there to help.
Cons: not being able to make quota each month due to slow shifts.
The supervisors are wonderful, and are always there to help you progress, so that way you can move forward in different positions. This was by far the best and most useful training that i have ever received. They teach you how to make sales in a proper manner, based on geographic location, clients, hotel brands, promos, etc. The co- workers are always there to help when needed. The most difficult part of the job is that there are low seasons, which makes it difficult to make your monthly quota. But i would recommend this job to anyone who is willing to learn and work hard to succeed.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Hallandale Beach, FLJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Healtcare
*Preshift with employees,
*Monitor their work,share their experiences, do reports.
*Good management, very fair.
*Like a family.
*Rush days, 900 check in/out day.
Overworked, Underpaid.... No real management!
Security Officer (Former Employee), Palm DesertJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Managers would buy lunch once in a while.
Cons: Management is enept. Low paying and too much is expected from you.
I worked at the Westin for a year and noticed every month 3-5 people quit every. Yes i worked alot of overtime but did not enjoy life! Managers dont know how to do the schedule, one day i would work until 11pm and scheduled to come in the next day at 6am! Putting up with rude clasless "owners" that will talk down to you and belittle you in front of other guests and coworkers just to get comped a free night or dinner! Management only seemed to care about our monthly g.e.i. score and would usually take care of the guest even if they were in the wrong do they would not leave a negative comment! This is just a scratch on the surface with how bad it was to work here!
Favorite job Ever!!
Platinum Concierge/Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Super Bonuses & Over-Time
Cons: The Company shut down its Lancaster call center
I absolutely loved the opportunity for advancement as well as the bonuses & benefits. I advanced to Platinum Concierge very fast and was very sad when I was no longer working for Starwood!
Fun Place to Work
Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 22, 2015
Being able to meet new people every day of the week.

• Coordinated front office activities and resolved problems arising from guests' complaints, reservation and room assignments, as well as assisted with unusual requests and inquiries.
• Assigned duties and shifts to 15workers and monitored their performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
• Conferred and cooperated with other department heads to ensure coordination of hotel activities.
Good enviroment and training ground to develop business skills.
REGIONAL DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS (Former Employee), Honolulu, HawaiiJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Good group of people to work with.
Cons: long hours.
Good business development environment, great training and exposure to the business environment over all. Allowed you to be hands on with the hotel process.
Don't become a club attendant
Club Attendant (Former Employee), New OrleansJuly 20, 2015
Pros: You get a lot of free food
Cons: The job
You're doing way too much work with not enough hours or pay. The hotel got a new clock-in system that doesn't let you punch in. Paychecks were all wrong. Hauling heavy inventory around the hotel on a daily basis. Lost 10 lbs just from working there. Club Attendant means waitress/hostess/bus boy/janitor/ stewardess/ and bowing down to guests 24/7. Shifts start at 5:30am & you're lucky if you make 5 dollars in tips.
No job security
Reservation Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Good hours
Cons: Low compensation, lack of professionalism
This company hired on at least 40 new employees about a year before they decided to close down the call center. I left as soon as I heard they were closing and acquired work elsewhere, however some people stayed hoping it was only a rumor and management went along with the rumor theory. Over 400 people were laid off with little to no warning. I think the entire situation could have been been handled with a lot more care and professionalism.
Future Unknown
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJuly 15, 2015
Job security and future of the company is unsure right now, otherwise great place to work. Good work life balance, management is great and the people are generally really nice and wonderful.
Industry