Starwood Hotels Employee Reviews in United States

The bait and switch
Reservations sales associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 29, 2016
Made it out to be this amazing place to work with an awesome bonus plan and perks, after a couple weeks in training and management tip toeing around how to bonus, it finally became clear that it's almost impossible to bonus at the rate they talked it up to be. You also never sit in the same seat each day and take back to back calls tethered to the phones never getting to know anyone around you, and no time after a call to collect your head. you also get in trouble if you aren't on the phones showing an average of 98% each month, and also if you talk too long on each call, you will not bonus. One of the most restrictive, lonely positions I've ever had and was so disappointed it wasn't everything they said it would be.
Pros
Occasionally bad free food
Cons
No freedom
Great to be able to work from home
Reservation Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2016
learned a lot about hotel business
talked to interesting people from alll over the word
company provided computer, phone etc to be able to work at home.
I loved the job until after 5 years I was forced to work nights. Caused health problems
Cons
constant shift changes
worked independently and created own schedule
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 21, 2016
I liked the fact that I had my own office ,and worked independently got to create my own schedule, had excellent client and coworker relationships
Pros
created work schedule, worked independently, excellent client relationships
Cons
no benefits package, paid time off or sick leave
Excellent Place to work
At Home Sales/Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 17, 2016
Starwood is an AMAZING!! Place to work! Great benefits as well. I love the company. Amazing co workers. At home work was awesome. Good pay.
Pros
Awesome Company
Work Place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX 78754April 12, 2016
Its enjoyable on slow day ,because they allow us to play chess or cards which is different . On busy days it goes fast because your talking to people non stop
Great place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 11, 2016
Not great comp, but awesome group. Awesome had a fun time and great work-life balance. My manager was a bit harsh and sometimes made it difficult to focus.
Productive and Dedicated
Associate Director Marketing and Development (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 11, 2016
A very fast passed company with a lot of activity. I am currently doing two full time rolls at the same time. I work for Development negotiating our new hotels. At the same time I run the events and marketing department. I am tri-lingual. Love what I do but the company is being sold so we have our days counted.
Fun family like work environment
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMarch 25, 2016
The only thing that kept me going each day was the people I worked with. Front line management was great! Their managers however did not seem to want to do much as far as making today better than yesterday. Was recieving the same guest feedback during my entire duration employees there and did not see the least bit of change to improve. Housekeeping team had a hard time keeping up with the pace the front desk moved at, causing guests to have to wait for rooms well after check in time.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
One thirty minute break unpaid. Did not matter if you worked 8 hours or 12.
Its ok
Reservation Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 20, 2016
Not a bad job as long as you can make reservations. If you can't then they will find way for you to leave. You must hit your quota if not good bye! Management picks their favorites and they will make sure they get what they want no matter what.
Pros
Easy money if you make reservations
Cons
High school environment
No Comment
Command Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21201March 19, 2016
I don't feel comfortable making comments about my current employer, especially since it is a privately held hotel...I couldn't get out of the review.
Starwood Hotels is an excellent place to work
Executive Assistant/ Jr. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 16, 2016
I believe that Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide is an excellent place to work. I love the culture, easy going and fun, but results oriented. It combines true creativity with sound business processes.
Great Place to work innovative and cutting edge company
Catering Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 10, 2016
Long hours, but very rewarding place to work. Great workers and management. I have learned a lot about event planning and customer service.
Productive and fun place to work
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 9, 2016
It's a great job at first but you may need to stay within it for awhile if you really want a raise/promotion. You also need to be willing to stay several phone calls back to back and the repetitive use of a keyboard at a small workstation. As long as you follow the rules and policies, it is easy to progress through the company.
Pros
Discounts on hotels, attendance incentives, vacation pay
Cons
Colleagues/peers, high-demanding customers
team lead
Leadership Experience (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAFebruary 29, 2016
Loved to help customers and also my agents. Made me and shows that I care about customers and there concerns need. These are just a few things that brings me joy in the customer service field.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
not to much negativity i like to work in a environment with my co workers.
I liked Starwood.. they are not Starwood anymore
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 26, 2016
After only working there for under 2 years, I was promoted from a Front Desk Agent, to a Front Office Supervisor, to the Executive Administrative Assistant. Before the hotel I previously worked at was bought out by another management company. I enjoyed working there very much, and it was filled with a very close family-like environment.
Still with company and cannot review
Director, Supply Chain North America (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 24, 2016
Still with company and cannot review at this time. Due to the activer merger between Starwood and Marriott I can not comment.
Great Perks
ReFresh Talent (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDFebruary 19, 2016
Great Perks working for Starwood Hotels. Easy job. You have your whole work day planned for you when you come in. Requires isolation from co-workers for the most part. You are on your feet all day and push a heavy equipment cart throughout the shift.
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world. Encompass is an intranet which would accessi
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2016
This site serves as a storehouse of data and an information exchange forum for employees. The major features of this site are: Multilevel authentication, Business/employee information retrieval, Business organization by location and Service, Customer data recall, Powerful business/employee/document search engine etc
Great Company
Owner Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 13, 2016
Loved working for this company. They have an amazing work culture, company events etc The amount of pay was the only downside.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Bad Pay
Productive and fun work place with ping pong table, pool tables and gym
Title Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 10, 2016
On a daily basis deal with external and internal customers. Assist and provide professional customer service to external customers (owners, title companies, etc) via emails, faxes and phone queue. Specific department is a call center with high volume of incoming calls from customers in USA and different countries. Company provides around the year training for team building and new programs. Work environment is a multi cultural and friendly place.
Pros
early releases on holidays and summer hours, potlucks
Cons
micromanage