Starwood Hotels Employee Reviews in United States

Best customer service and guest satisfaction
Management Trainee in Rooms Division (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2016
The greatest thing about Starwood is definitely the loyalty it offers to its guests. SPG program is simply the best membership program among all the multinational hotel corporations.
The results from such an amazing program are properties with tons of frequent guests and a possibility of a much more personalized customer service.
great place
Resolution Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 20, 2016
Great place to grow in a large business industry. You can learn to flex your style. The management style is wonderful and they are always seeking ways to improve .
Contractor for Starwood Hotels & Resorts
IT Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 19, 2016
I had a very good experience working as a contractor for Starwood Hotels & Resorts. I was working on their divestiture project when they were spinning off their Starwood Vacation Ownership division to be an independent company. I found the people that I worked with to be very professional and pleasant.
Pros
Great location close to restaurants for lunch breaks
Wonderful Management and Franchise Assistance
Director Sales/Marketing (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 18, 2016
Starwood and it's entire team has always been a beneficial part of the hotels success especially franchise hotels. I have been proud to be a part of their organization.
Such a long time ago
Platinum Concierge & Corporate Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMay 17, 2016
It's been a long time since I've worked at this place. It was stressful. I know they don't exist in Lancaster anymore. That's all I have to say. Met my husband there.
Catering Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 16, 2016
The hardest part of the job would be servicing more groups than I should have.

My co-workers we amazing and supportive.

I began work at 8:30am, and most of the time I would leave work after 8:30pm. I worked most weekends.

Senior Catering Manager/Director of non profit Catering. Catering Sales Goal of 3.3 million dollars in Catering Food and Beverage. Exceeded Goal. Specialized in high profile Social Catering, Weddings, Public Relations, Annual Fundraisers and the Political Market.
Pros
Great Pay, highly notable position.
Cons
I was working six to seven days per week in my final two years.
Happy but strict environment
SALES AND SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAMay 16, 2016
The company is easy to learn as well as progress but some of the interactions between actual hotels and the reservation center were not as clear or concise as needed.
Pros
Easy, happy
Cons
Lack of staff
It was exactly what I needed.
Nest Coach (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 14, 2016
I've never worked for a company so willing to let me succeed before, nor have I worked for a company that actually cared so much for it's employees. The day in the life working here is pretty straight forward, you take phone calls in a brightly painted room. However, everyone there has such a positive outlook on life. Even as I moved into management, quite quickly I might add, higher ups were willing to work with my schedule as much as they could. If you want to try to work at a call center but you are afraid you won't like it, this is where you should apply. Even if you don't like the job, it will most likely be because it just isn't the right industry for you.
Pros
Environment, Pay, Benefits, Hotel Discounts
Cons
It is hard to get a day shift if that is what you want or need.
Starwood is a great company to work for with lots of opportunities
Meeting & Event Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 11, 2016
Starwood is a great company for employees that would like to further their career. They believe in promoting within and have a lot of opportunity in all the hotels around the world.
Pessimistic Work Environment
Room Service Server (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 6, 2016
Every department is short on tools needed to properly do tasks needed,upper management belittles staff and doesn't properly take care of staff.
Constantly making errors on paychecks and holding paychecks to force its employees to complete company surveys.
Pros
Free lunch, flexible scheduling
Cons
Breaks are discouraged, poor managment

Want to know more about Starwood Hotels?

Ask a question
Have work, will travel
Account Manager, Global Business Travel Sales (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 2, 2016
I have had the privilege of working for an amazing company since 2009. Love this industry, love this company. I have traveled across the country, met and worked with the most incredible and talented people.
Pros
balance
Cons
training
The bait and switch
Reservations sales associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 29, 2016
Made it out to be this amazing place to work with an awesome bonus plan and perks, after a couple weeks in training and management tip toeing around how to bonus, it finally became clear that it's almost impossible to bonus at the rate they talked it up to be. You also never sit in the same seat each day and take back to back calls tethered to the phones never getting to know anyone around you, and no time after a call to collect your head. you also get in trouble if you aren't on the phones showing an average of 98% each month, and also if you talk too long on each call, you will not bonus. One of the most restrictive, lonely positions I've ever had and was so disappointed it wasn't everything they said it would be.
Pros
Occasionally bad free food
Cons
No freedom
Good Company with Tremendous Pride
Director, Information Technology (Current Employee) –  CorporateApril 25, 2016
To work at Starwood you must be a person who enjoys a fast pace and have the ability to forecast future needs of the business. For your ability to turn positive results in your role, you will enjoy good compensation and respect. There is a sense of pride within this company, and a great deal of talent.
Pros
Compensation, Discounted Rates, Summer Hours
Great to be able to work from home
Reservation Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2016
learned a lot about hotel business
talked to interesting people from alll over the word
company provided computer, phone etc to be able to work at home.
I loved the job until after 5 years I was forced to work nights. Caused health problems
Cons
constant shift changes
worked independently and created own schedule
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 21, 2016
I liked the fact that I had my own office ,and worked independently got to create my own schedule, had excellent client and coworker relationships
Pros
created work schedule, worked independently, excellent client relationships
Cons
no benefits package, paid time off or sick leave
Excellent Place to work
At Home Sales/Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 17, 2016
Starwood is an AMAZING!! Place to work! Great benefits as well. I love the company. Amazing co workers. At home work was awesome. Good pay.
Pros
Awesome Company
Work Place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX 78754April 12, 2016
Its enjoyable on slow day ,because they allow us to play chess or cards which is different . On busy days it goes fast because your talking to people non stop
Great place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 11, 2016
Not great comp, but awesome group. Awesome had a fun time and great work-life balance. My manager was a bit harsh and sometimes made it difficult to focus.
Productive and Dedicated
Associate Director Marketing and Development (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 11, 2016
A very fast passed company with a lot of activity. I am currently doing two full time rolls at the same time. I work for Development negotiating our new hotels. At the same time I run the events and marketing department. I am tri-lingual. Love what I do but the company is being sold so we have our days counted.
Fun family like work environment
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMarch 25, 2016
The only thing that kept me going each day was the people I worked with. Front line management was great! Their managers however did not seem to want to do much as far as making today better than yesterday. Was recieving the same guest feedback during my entire duration employees there and did not see the least bit of change to improve. Housekeeping team had a hard time keeping up with the pace the front desk moved at, causing guests to have to wait for rooms well after check in time.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
One thirty minute break unpaid. Did not matter if you worked 8 hours or 12.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starwood Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.