Starwood Hotels Employee Reviews

Good group of People
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 2, 2016
The people at this company work really well together. No one who is higher level act like they are better than you in any way. We are all equals and help you out in whichever way they can to help you move forward. A lot of opportunities to move up
New experience, overall enjoyable job.
SALES AND SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MADecember 2, 2016
Good company, allowed work from home and fair management. Co workers were always amiable and management was generally helpful. Learned new network and hardware skills.
Wonderful work enviorment
Sales and Service (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KS 67218December 1, 2016
I love this job. The management is very supportive and want to help you succeed and move up with in the company. They have very good incentives for meeting goals. Overall is a great place to work. They also do special things for you like free snacks, free coffee and other fun things.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
30 minute lunch, not flexible on schedule changes.
Lots of opportunities
TRAINING CONTENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MANovember 29, 2016
Overall, the company does it's best to provide opportunities for employees on every level. They take time to seek feedback regarding policies and procedures and make changes when they see a better way of doing things.
Used to be a great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 15, 2016
After Marriott adquisition the company is not the same. The severance package is not as good as average US company. Sadly, Marriott is offering jobs that pay way less than current associates are making. They have cut vacation days, food and beverage discount has been reduced to 20% from 50%. Hotel discounts used to be very good for high-end hotels, now Marriott is preventing that.

Very bad work and life balance for some areas.
Pros
Ok Benefits, good hotel discounts
Cons
Terrible after Marriott merger
Great experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CANovember 15, 2016
I would love to work for this company again if given the chance to do so the experience was priceless. I met some great people and made great friends
Great upward mobility
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2016
Your work was appreciated and your work leaders had vested interests in your success. Work-Life balance could be a challenge, given the company is a global entity.
The cast are great but you have to be carefull with managment.
In Room Dinning Captain (Former Employee) –  Walt Disney World Swan and DolphinNovember 12, 2016
The Room Service Captain position is a learning experience for those who have no clue what Food and Beverage is. If you have experience in ten field don't waste your time. They will promise many things and tell you everything you want to here but reality is another. If you want to growth forget about working hard a go directly to the big bosses offices and be there friend. The position is not a training program like they tell you, may be it was before but not anymore. You hardly see the manager and you will spend long hours there. No matter how hard anyone tries things will stay the same. The department runs because the cast is great and hard working but management is nonexistent. Empty promises will be your everyday thing.
Pros
The Hotel is beautifull
Cons
Food and Beverage is like a mafia.
Progressive and Innovative Company
AD - North America Six Sigma & Operations Support (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 10, 2016
I have had the privilege of spending most of my career at Starwood Careers and the opportunities for advancement have been phenomenal. Starwood takes care of its Associates and gives them chances to try new things and expand their skillset by investing in them.
Innovative Company
Specialist, CRM Applications (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 8, 2016
The company is built on providing associates a safe environment to learn new skills and take risks on revolutionary programs and initiatives.
Unique culture - innovative with entrepreneurial spirit
Assoc Director, Change Management & Communications (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC - remote basedNovember 8, 2016
Starwood was a great company, but now that we've been acquired that is going to change a bit.

In my current role, I work on projects that impact 800+ hotels and numerous above-property stakeholders. My peer group are all highly skilled with unique expertise and we excel at collaborating across our functional areas.

My boss is great and encourages the collaborative environment we work in, with a focus on execution. I have the autonomy to make key decisions and will have her support.

My team of direct reports are wonderful. Highly skilled, prone to execution and they set high expectations for themselves. We are collaborative and support each other with projects, etc. We are truly a team.

The hardest part of my job is working with hotels or leaders that are extremely resistant to change, but those are also the biggest success stories.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work for, with and for me. I am part of an exceptional team and am looking for that type of environment in my next job wherever that may be.
The Benefits
Rooms Controller (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 6, 2016
The benefits are amazing. Work can be a bit messy. There's $5.00 parking and free lunch. The opportunity to grow can be a pro and a con at the same time.
Great work environment
Spa Helani - Spa Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Maui, HINovember 2, 2016
Starwood teaches great company values. This company provides valuable training throughout your career. Great benefits, health, dental, vision, 401k, bonus hotel and travel perks.
Fast paced hotel company, large account base
Global Account Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2016
Great hotel portfolio, endless opportunities for on-property advancement. Exceptional client loyalty. Benefits to book business with Starwood is never-ending. Fantastic group promotions and reward program to drive outstanding results.
Pros
Great hotel portfolio
Cons
Marriott uncertainty
Customer Service
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 27, 2016
Starwood is a great company who believes in excellence and promotion from with in. Offers many carrier advancement options and is oriented to both Customer and Employee needs.
Great Brand
Front Office /Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Grosvenor House HotelOctober 25, 2016
Grosvenor House Hotel is luxury collection and I am proud to be active memebr in this company speicaly after joining Mariott and became the biggest chain of hotels over the world
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 24, 2016
Answering phones all day making reservations is easy and enjoyable. Nice people working with you, management is very encouraging. Hardest part is remembering all key points to the call flow, especially trying to sell AMEX.
Great place to work.
Executive Receptionist AA, CEO (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 24, 2016
Starwood Hotels was and outstanding company to work for. I've been them for many years and have learned a lot about the hospitality business. We have a large diversity which makes it interesting.
A typical day consist of answering phones and getting to help as many people as I can. The hardest part of my job, is not being able to do my job.
The most enjoyable part is know that I have been able to help as many people as possible. Whether it's our guests, or a worker who needs help, or someone just to listen.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Distance
Top Rated
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 15, 2016
I liked the place. The people were great to work with. I learned to better my time, increase productivity, be a leader, work together in groups, and become more customer friendly.
Friendly environment, entertainment, games and fun.
Sales & Customer service (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAOctober 14, 2016
My job duties include Customer Service and Sales. A full knowledge of the travel program, and Saratoga which is the navigational system. Providing the best options for the guest/member to utilize his or her points for travel. Have a full knowledge of all hotel brands worldwide.