Starwood Hotels Employee Reviews in United States

fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 21, 2016
starwood is a very peacful fun environment. I learned a lot about different hotels and wants and needs of customers. The hardest part of the job is reaching the quotas when you have "dead" days when nobody is really wanting to book hotels.
Review
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 20, 2016
Very good benefits and hours. Managemnet wants you to succeed and helps train constantly. Discount hotel rooms and getaways.
be love your job and what your doing be passion-able then you can make the guest happy and you can have fun in what your doing
Bartender (Former Employee) –  near marinaJuly 20, 2016
i lean lot off think from here about the spirits and how to handle the guest and i improve my English now i want to get new experience and new knowledge
Pros
1 hour
Cons
full time
Lack of concern for amount of work expected to complete tasks
Ambassador - Customer Experience Management (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAJuly 18, 2016
Disconnect between management of ambassador service-customer experience management and associates. Expectations to continually add more work and clients onto already overloaded associates. Continual software issues and network/VPN issues.
Pros
Hotel discounts
Cons
Healthcare Insurance, Compensation, Management Disconnect, Lack of Communication
Professional and secure networking environment
IT Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aspen, COJuly 16, 2016
I am developing my skills as an administrator, working primarily with various platforms including Server 2008 rt and Exchange server. Some Unix based programs and other applications for robust communications in a rather large hotel structure universally.

One IT director trains me as his personal assistant. This program ends in November.
Pros
Internship program
Cons
Great pay and great benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 15, 2016
This job had great pay and great benefits. However, they are really hard on you about meeting your conversion fresh out of training. I have never worked in a call center before and this definitely wasn't worth it to me. It had me so anxious every day I worked because I never knew if I would be fired over a bad conversion day.
Pros
Great benefits, great pay
Cons
have to meet a conversion, very strict about meeting said conversion shortly after training, you have no control over the type of calls you get, too many rude/nasty calls
Tour Goals
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 11, 2016
Everyday I interacted with holiday visitors at the beach. I had monthly tour goals to meet set by my supervisor. On going training was provided to help achieve monthly goals. Sometimes the most difficult part of the job was convincing tourist to take the time share tour no matter how matter free gifts I could offer them. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people. I enjoy meeting new people from different walks of life.
Pros
Paid by commission
Cons
Meeting new people from all over the world.
Poor management
server at Il Mulino (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJuly 8, 2016
Working at Il mulino. Poor management. Dictatorship. poor people skills. Very sexist, unprofessional, and major favortism. Co-workers were cliquey. Manager was not looking for you to succeed, will lie even about employees, not open to suggestions, over staffed on slow days, manager will take out a bad mood on workers. Too bad a terrible manager took over this restaurant, it was much more successful and had happier workers before Brian Exner. Manager went from bus boy up to manager with no actual management skills. Very vengeful, temper tantrum style. Unprofessional.
Pros
free lunch, good benefits
Cons
poor management
easy going, fun work environment with room to grow
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 29, 2016
the easiest part of my job was communication with customers. Growing in the sales aspect of my job and learning to adapt to different kinds of scenarios.
Positive environment with possibility of advancement
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 28, 2016
Always a very busy environment, some issues with management but overall a good place to work. They could concentrate on the dress code a little better.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not very understanding of life balances

Want to know more about Starwood Hotels?

Ask a question
Great workplace atmosphere among it's associates and senior management
Executive Chauffeur to CEO (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 27, 2016
Outstanding place to work, however, Starwood has been bought by Marriott Hotels and will operate from it's corporate offices in Maryland
Really Enjoy working for this Company
Reservation Sales and Service (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 26, 2016
The Reservation Sales Agent confirms, modifies and cancels reservations and provides information regarding all Sheraton, Westin, Four Points, aloft, element, W Hotels, Le Meridien, St. Regis and Luxury Collections properties with an strong emphasis on customer service. The Reservations Sales Associate builds guest loyalty by enrolling new members in the Starwood Preferred Guest program and supporting our existing members with reservation and account inquiries.
Pros
Livable Pay, Enjoyable, Monthly Bonus's, Noticed Performance
Cons
Short Breaks, Expensive Health Insurance, Repetitive
A good corporate culture
MBA Intern, Global Brand Finance (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 17, 2016
Starwood has a good corporate culture where the employees are engaged and empowered in daily work. There is no strict hierarchy or standard career path. People are encouraged to develop their own career path through networking, which offers flexible career development opportunity.
Platinum Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJune 8, 2016
Starwood is now closed down but when I was working there it was a really great place to work. Though we had to take a lot calls per day this company always made sure that we had free food and gave away free trips and great incentives monthly
Pros
free food and free rooms
Cons
business closed down
Fast and Furious work environment
DOCUMENT PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 5, 2016
As an employee one must be present both mentally and physically, this job is very demanding. Also, one must be able to multi-task and communicate clearly.
Pros
Free lunches, car pool, etc.
Cons
Short breaks, few sick days, etc.
unlimited coffee, as well as scheduled shifts on every holiday at a rate of time and a half
Front Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2016
a typical day at work starts with confidence that stems by the training provided by the company and backed with good faith in employee ability the hardest part of the job comes from having to turn customers away due to over bookings the most enjoyable part is offering a customer service with joy to customers who believe in and are loyal to the company
Pros
discounts, employment pride, networking, cross training
Cons
high volumes low volumes maids that lack enthusiasm
Exciting and very dynamic environment
Associate Director, Principal Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 29, 2016
Working at Starwood provides a great sense of accomplishments. Its very exciting and generous work environment. The IT environment is very dynamic and every changing. The team dynamics is great and urge you to push yourself to accomplish more.
Pros
Flexibility, compensation, work environment, team collaboration
Cons
health care, scope of work, demanding.
you feel like a valued member of their company not just a number
Vacation Planning Counselor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 28, 2016
variety of customer needs and interactions on a daily basis
multi-tasking required
great training provided
you feel like a valued member of their company not just a number
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
demanding job
Houseman at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica
House person (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 27, 2016
Great job gained a lot of experience management knows how to reward colleges for hard work, I got along with coworkers very well. The job can be hard at times but it goes by super fast.
Pros
The benifits, free lunch, they have company incentives
Healthy Work/Life Balance but Lost Touch after Purchased
PPMO Solutions Manager / Architect (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 24, 2016
Starwood is a pretty great place to work. They try to keep a healthy work/life balance. The politics of the place have a tendency to create mistrust with middle management and a few of the coworkers, but overall I recommend working here.