Starwood Hotels

Starwood Hotels Employee Reviews

n/a
Night Auditor/Front Desk (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 27, 2015
• Verify customers' credit, and establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation; Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests
• Perform bookkeeping activities, such as balancing accounts and conducting nightly audits
• Post charges, such as those for rooms, food, liquor, or telephone calls, to ledgers, manually or by using computers
• Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software
Great Culture
IT Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Stamford, CTMay 26, 2015
The whole Starwood Experience was great. As an intern, you get to experience different skills and projects that help utilize your knowledge in real life situations.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Sales
Cons: Company Moved
The days went by quickly due to the fast pace. I liked that environment. I learned patience and sales strategies. Management was supportive. The hardest part of the job was not being able to assist a customer. The most enjoyable part of the job was making a customer happy and getting the sale.
Enjoyed working with staff and colleagues immensely.
Freelance Senior Copywriter (Former Employee), Stamford, CTMay 26, 2015
Collaborating with various departments and divisions at Starwood was a true pleasure. My role within their in-house agency was to provide copy, content and branding for a number of divisions.
Great company to work for including benefits
Service Desk Analyst / Desktop Administrator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 25, 2015
Pros: Great company outings, great break rooms, great attitudes
Cons: Sometimes lack of communication
This company was by far the best I have got the chance to work with. Everyone on the IT team was friendly to work with and was very helpful when needed. They did not overwork anyone and the environment was very friendly and helpful.
Outstanding and Productive environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Wichita KSMay 25, 2015
Pros: Like an family, benefits, and incentives
Cons: short break, tardy police
Starwood Hotels & Resorts taught me patients, & also how to create and sense of urgency. Being employed with Starwood Hotels & Resorts for over a year, improved my communication skills and as well People skills.
Great company to work for
Training Specialist (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMay 24, 2015
If you're interested in hospitality, Starwood Hotels is a great company to work for. With 10 major brands (including Sheraton, Westin, W Hotels, and St. Regis) there's major room for growth and advancement.

Pros:
- Great advancement opportunities
- Great company culture
- Fun co-workers

Cons:
- Long hours
- If you work at the property level, it can be hard to maintain a good work/life balance
no good
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee), Fall River, MAMay 22, 2015
was in the hospital sick and i was fired even with documentation that i was in a hospital bed and it is was ridiculous and needs to be a little more conciderate
Good hotel to work at.
Service Express Agent (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 19, 2015
The job was fun to do. Manly answer phone calls all day. respond to guest requests and place food orders for room service.
The worest managemnt to work for is the Palce Hotel Accounting Departement
Accounting (Former Employee), San FranciscoMay 19, 2015
Pros: the benefits are great. I love working for Starwood hotels and resorts but not for "PALACE"
Cons: working under a lots of pressure with the manager who doesn’t have constant personality.
I was working with Poor Finance manager who needs anger management training.

the Employee are fun to work with when the Finance Manager's not there.
Excellent workplace with lots of activities for associates
Lead Security Officer (Current Employee), Bahia Beach Rio Grande, Puerto RicoMay 16, 2015
A very exciting place to work in. New experiences and challenges daily. Learned maintain a high level of safety without compromising our guests privacy or relaxing time. Great co-workers happy and eager to work everyday. The most enjoyable part of my job is to be ale to create memorable experiences to those who come to vacation in our island.
Productive and Comforting workplace
Reservations Sales Associate- Take (Former Employee), Wichita, KansasMay 15, 2015
Pros: Laid back atmosphere
Cons: Short lunches
Working with Starwood was like being inducted into a family. The team leads and supervisors really care about you and go out of their way to help you.
In House Marketing Rep
Special Services Supervisor (Current Employee), SVO OOC Operations in Orlando FLMay 14, 2015
Commission based job which is great because I was highly motivated. Face to face booking tours for potential exchanges and current owners. Provided training throughout job to ensure success!
REPORTING ANALYST (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 13, 2015
There is a lot of opportunity for advancement with this company. I had 3 promotions in 6 years and they also offered me training that I took to further my knowledge in the Workforce Management Department.
Was a great internship with great people
B2B Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMay 12, 2015
Great company with great benefits. Wish I was able to work there longer however, I was just an intern. Great benefits, I had a great relationship with my director.
Fun, Energetic, Exciting
Loan Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 12, 2015
Pros: hotel discount
Cons: pay advancement
Mediocre, cannot trust management or HR department
No room for advancement or difficult to advance. Overall not a good company
Fantastic Innovative Company
Training Specialist, ISAC (Current Employee), Stamford, CTMay 7, 2015
Enjoy great work-life balance, growth and creativity with this company! Always had outstanding managers and great women leaders to work with. Training opportunities are plentiful and the hotels are beautiful.
Productive company that allows associates to have fun while working.
Platinum Concierge Associate (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Free lunches.
Cons: Health care, 401, vision, dental
I really enjoyed working at Starwood. Starwood catored lunches in for us all the time.
We were able to stay at hotels for a low cost.
without working for Starwood, I would have never been able to stay at these world class hotels.
Very Busy Office
Accountant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 6, 2015
My typical day was answering the phone and doing lots of paperwork. I learned a lot about taxes and dealing with people long distance.
BEST PLACE TO WORK EVER!
Many positions through hard work and promotions (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 6, 2015
I don't have enough characters to define how much I love this company. I only left because my father became ill and needed to relocate to take care of him. Best company ever!!!

1 2 3 4 5

About Starwood Hotels

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide knows how to shine a light on hospitality. One of the world's largest hotel companies, – Read more

Starwood Hotels Salaries