Starwood Hotels

Starwood Hotels Employee Reviews

Fun Place, friendly
Platinum Concierge (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJuly 4, 2015
 Served as the main source of contact.
 Interacted with guests and members via inbound calls.
 Assisted guests in locating availability at various Starwood brand properties throughout the world.
Great Place to Work
GROUP ROOMS COORDINATOR, SPG PROPERTY COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, great incentives
Cons: none
Great place to work, friendly people and a positive work environment. there is no hard part to the job. its a full service setting and great experience. Human Resources is awesome!
Casual work environment, friendly staff
Temp (Revenue Audit Specialist) (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 2, 2015
Work day started early due to east coast hours. Learned SAP and the requirements behind revenue audit.

Management was okay.

Co-workers were friendly.
GREAT COMPENSATION PACKAGE-JOB SECURITY
Assistant Director of Housekeeping (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 1, 2015
RESPONSABLE FOR THE RESORT OPERATIONS
OPENING AND CLOSING OF THE RESORT
1, 682 VILLAS- VILLA INSPECTIONS PROVIDING FEEDBACK
TO STAFF. INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR OF BUILDINGS.
ENJOY COMMUNICATING WITH ALL OWNERS TO ENSURE HIGH SATISFACTION.
Do you enjoy selling expensive timeshares in a call center?
Administrative (Former Employee), Palm Desert, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Casual Environment
Cons: Weak Management, Favortism, No Holiday, Low Pay
If you enjoy working in a call center and calling customers to sell expensive timeshares then this would be the ideal environment for you. It is your typical cut throat sales environment that is extremely – more... competitive and employees do what ever it takes to make a sale.

Pros:
Casual environment

Cons:
Average pay is $10 - $12 an hour.

Extreme favoritism where certain employees pretty much run the call center and get special privileges.

Management knows about favoritism and does nothing to stop it.

Don't be a whistle blower as those employees tend to get "let go" for random reasons.

No Holidays ie: if a holiday is on a Friday, then you have to work on a Saturday to make up for the day the business was closed.

People get promoted based on favoritism verses education or skill.

Employees have glorified titles and are arrogant but are basically doing administrative work.

You're selling expensive timeshares everyday, every hour - need I say more? – less
Good company to develop your management skills.
Executive Banquet Chef (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 28, 2015
Great place to work and learn on your daily basis. Great opportunity to growth and accomplaish you goals. Great management and associates.
good company that cares for its employees, little room for advancement
Starwood Preferred Guest Account Representative (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJune 25, 2015
Pros: great leadership
Cons: poor benefits, no advancement, do not live up to promises
Starwood is a good company and the leadership do care about you but there is very few opportunities for advancement and the benefits are subpar
Great benefits
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Palm Desert, CAJune 22, 2015
Pros: Hot Rates at hotels
Cons: only sales positions available
I enjoy a variety of duties such as receptionist, light filing, creating excel spreadsheets for expenses, ordering and maintaining office, janitorial, and kitchen supplies. I sent out Top Performer letters and posted the monthly Top Performers and monthly Job Openings. I took notes at our daily meeting and emailed to employees.
Starwood
Recruitment Manager (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJune 22, 2015
Starwood Hotels & Resorts is a wonderful company to work for. We are focused on recruiting the best industry talent to the organization to support the needs of our growing footprint.
Decent foot-in-the-door Job
Reservations (Former Employee), Fall River, MAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Meetings from specific hotels, usually bring free lunch. Extensive Training program.
Cons: The work drains your sanity. Very Repetitive work.
As a whole, It's a great company. I worked at the Fall River, MA contact center, they give you an extensive 3-4 week training, 1:30PM - 10PM M-F for the 4 weeks, which you must maintain 100% attendance – more... to be eligible to continue.
During the training, they blow sunshine up your .. yeah. about how EXCELLENT the job is, and how it's so easy to move up. It's not.
Within 4 weeks, I was qualified for a promotion, graduating from the "newbie team" They state they believe in "auto progression" where, once you meet the qualifications, you're trained for the new job, where compensation is also increased. After 5 months, I still didn't even have my training scheduled.
Work was easy, most of the customers are simple, you'll get your usual idiot who wants a cheap hotel room last minute the night before christmas, but it happens.

I only recommend this job if you are HURTING to work, because they hire like rabbits reproduce. – less
Great part time job
Reservation Coordinator (Former Employee), New YorkJune 7, 2015
My only complaint would be poor organization and communication between management, other than that, good part time job for young people. Fun environment.
Not too bad considering the location
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Fall River, MAJune 6, 2015
Pros: Excellent rates on rooms for employees
Cons: Pay
I appreciate Starwood but they have made it so difficult to make bonuses and incentives. Opportunity for growth is good, but the pay isn't worth it to me.
Revenue driven work place with hard deadlines
Revenue Management Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaJune 2, 2015
Pros: certain discounts
Cons: short breaks
A typical day starts with me preparing daily reports for the managers. This usually takes about an hour and 15 minutes to complete. After I have ran all necessary reports, I am following up on emails from – more... the previous day and going into the systems to ensure everything is running correctly. I have learned to appreciate the variety of management styles with which I have come in contact. The most complicated part of my job is trying to re-trigger rate plans after they are no longer selling. The issue could be in one place or in multiple places, you never know until you check, check, and double check. I always look forward to our quarterly meetings because they are are always off-site. – less
n/a
Night Auditor/Front Desk (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 27, 2015
• Verify customers' credit, and establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation; Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests
• Perform bookkeeping activities, such as balancing – more... accounts and conducting nightly audits
• Post charges, such as those for rooms, food, liquor, or telephone calls, to ledgers, manually or by using computers
• Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software – less
Great Culture
IT Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Stamford, CTMay 26, 2015
The whole Starwood Experience was great. As an intern, you get to experience different skills and projects that help utilize your knowledge in real life situations.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Sales
Cons: Company Moved
The days went by quickly due to the fast pace. I liked that environment. I learned patience and sales strategies. Management was supportive. The hardest part of the job was not being able to assist a customer. The most enjoyable part of the job was making a customer happy and getting the sale.
Enjoyed working with staff and colleagues immensely.
Freelance Senior Copywriter (Former Employee), Stamford, CTMay 26, 2015
Collaborating with various departments and divisions at Starwood was a true pleasure. My role within their in-house agency was to provide copy, content and branding for a number of divisions.
Great company to work for including benefits
Service Desk Analyst / Desktop Administrator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 25, 2015
Pros: Great company outings, great break rooms, great attitudes
Cons: Sometimes lack of communication
This company was by far the best I have got the chance to work with. Everyone on the IT team was friendly to work with and was very helpful when needed. They did not overwork anyone and the environment was very friendly and helpful.
Outstanding and Productive environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Wichita KSMay 25, 2015
Pros: Like an family, benefits, and incentives
Cons: short break, tardy police
Starwood Hotels & Resorts taught me patients, & also how to create and sense of urgency. Being employed with Starwood Hotels & Resorts for over a year, improved my communication skills and as well People skills.
Great company to work for
Training Specialist (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMay 24, 2015
If you're interested in hospitality, Starwood Hotels is a great company to work for. With 10 major brands (including Sheraton, Westin, W Hotels, and St. Regis) there's major room for growth and advancement. – more...

Pros:
- Great advancement opportunities
- Great company culture
- Fun co-workers

Cons:
- Long hours
- If you work at the property level, it can be hard to maintain a good work/life balance – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Starwood Hotels

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide knows how to shine a light on hospitality. One of the world's largest hotel companies, – Read more

Starwood Hotels Salaries