Starwood Hotels Employee Reviews

good place to work
Reservations and sales (Current Employee) –  KansasNovember 17, 2017
if your needing a job it is a good place to work. but there is no holiday pay just your regular pay for holiday work. other then that you should like it,
Hotel Life
Whatever/Whenever Agent (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJNovember 17, 2017
This was a great experience, I learned a lot about customer service and making sure that the guests had everything to make their stay a bit better. My direct manager, was also amazing. Through her management, I learned that with the right guidance, you can truly go far. She was humble, very nice, but also very strict. If I can be like any manager, I would choose to model my management style after hers.
Staff Accountant for Hotel daily receipts
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 15, 2017
This company provided daily/monthly accounting/audit duties to aprox 25 hotels. They were trying to send all work to India. There were aprox 25 people from India on site to learn. Over half of the staff left so the company turned to temp staff to fill in until the new India Accountants were trained.
Pros
Great Coffee
Cons
Working environment was too open, workstations too small, training was nonexistant, no one to go to for help
Nice environment and enjoyable
Housekeeping supervisor (Current Employee) –  le meridianNovember 15, 2017
Giving a small amount of salary which is not enough for supporting our family for a good future. Working harder and giving our best and as JW Marriott said that if we take care our associates they will take care guests.
Pros
Everything is fine
Cons
Overall is good
No advancement
SENIOR SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MANovember 13, 2017
Terrible company to work for the culture is very fake and everyone has a crab mentality rather than helping one another. The pay is based solely on performance.
Svo
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 9, 2017
I worked for Vistana Signature Escapes prior to the split from Starwood Hotels and it was an experience. I learned a lot about corporate environments and made many friends.
Great place to work, competitive pay.
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 8, 2017
Great place to work coworkers very helpful everyone work as a team. However management don't do a good job taking feedback from the employees. There's a great work culture in place everyone represents the brand while.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work Life Balance
Family environment with a lot of collaboration
Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CANovember 7, 2017
As a regional office there was ability to work directly with those who I supported. Small office environment made it very conducive to be hands on will all aspect of he job function.
Pros
Small regional office void of all the large office trappings.
Cons
Budget constraints reduce the ability for travel to the corporate office and for training
excellent very good company nice team and very eagerly involved in learning in and developing new applications by using new features
J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 6, 2017
excellent very good company nice team and eagerly involved in learning in and developing new applications by using new features i like the environment and the way
fun job but not for everyone
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MANovember 6, 2017
Starwood is a high paced high production job, you have to be aware of sales goals, talk time on the phone, guest relations, as well as your time off the phone, definitely a plusm that you can work from home
Pros
pay rate, benefits
Cons
sales goals once your promoted, very high turnover rate
Director (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 1, 2017
Starwood was a great place to work. Fun, exciting, great talent! Leader in the hospitality space. Excellent digital team. Great hotel discounts. Culture very much encourages independent thinking and initiative.
Starwood
Coach (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 31, 2017
This is a great company to work for. You become work family. This company is very accommodating. I have never been let down. I am happy to come to work.
Pros
Flexibillity
Starwood is now Marriott
Phone Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 30, 2017
Starwood is now Marriott so many things are about to change. Starwood and Marriott are very different in the way they conduct business and I do not foresee Marriott International adapting very many of Starwood's practices, policies, or procedures.
Pros
Hotel room discounts
Cons
Poor management, slow results, inconsistencies in information and policies. Can be difficult to get correct information.
Very rewarding position
International Task Force Chef (Former Employee) –  Based out of ChicagoOctober 26, 2017
I had the opportunity to travel and work in many different hotels. My position was task force chef and I opened several hotels and assisted in many hotels both domestically and in the Caribbean
Pros
opportunity to learn, travel
Cons
away from home for long periods of time
Fast paced
Tour Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lahaina, HIOctober 23, 2017
Definitely not for the faint of hearts. Fast paced but efficient and fulfilling. 10 hour work days fly by quickly as there's always something to do. For the go-getter!
Cutting edge technology with good atmosphere.
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 20, 2017
I very much enjoyed working at Starwood. The management was supportive and great to work with. Good technology and work environment. Great teamwork and work place environment.
Great company
Manager, Global (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2017
Great culture. Shame that Marriott took over. Starwood had great leadership, work life balance and opportunity for growth. On to new things for all of us
SALES (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 19, 2017
Who wouldnt enjoy working at a world class resort everyday? Very positive and supportive work environment! Great benefits, a place I really looked forward to going each day.
starwood
Real Estate - Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 19, 2017
Lots of adhoc excel model and presentation making. The issue at the time was they were going through transition of being acquired. I dont think that my review of the company is representative of operations under "normal" circumstances.
Pros
Good hotel benefits and vacation
Cons
The hours were horrible and the carreer advancement was lacking
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 16, 2017
Taking calls and making reservations. Also handling escalated calls with customers who didn't get what they wanted or was not pleased with the stay at one of the hotels.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starwood Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.