Manage all activities associated with a Digital Marketing brand and product-related projects including, creative development, managing internal departmental and agency relationships, and publishing in digital environments (newsletters, websites, social platforms, apps, etc.).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Involved in a variety of on-going creative and measurable tactics to engage STARZ and ENCORE subscribers and non-subscribers.
- Develop digital extensions of affiliate programs and any new emerging digital acquisition platforms, new content development and other online marketing initiatives.
- Work closely with the Sr. Digital Marketing Manager to execute the digital strategy.
- Manage brand/show-related campaigns delivered via social sites, email and company website including, writing copy for social properties, gathering assets for the original series or movies on the networks and use of a publishing platform tool to schedule updates.
- Analyze digital metrics and trends to improve and/or add functionality, drive repeat visits, longer time spent on site/page and increase conversions.
- Create and maintain regular traffic reports for the business with clear analysis to guide editorial, product development and commercial decision making (Omniture Site Catalyst and Google Analytics).
- Responsible for initiating, coordinating creative development, tracking timelines, documenting requests/changes and communicating the status of all assigned projects to other departments as appropriate, including: Creative, Public Relations, Consumer Marketing and Programming.
- Attend client and departmental meetings as requested.
- Manage internal departmental relationships, including on-air promotions, brand, and creative.
- Work closely with external email service provider to publish email newsletters as well as assist with managing content updates and creative layout changes to refine and optimize campaigns.
- Work with internal Legal team to ensure compliance with legal guidelines on all campaign tactics.
- Manage all work to brand guidelines and messaging standards as directed by the Sr. Digital Marketing Manager.
- Work with Content Managers to identify and optimize on content production and workflow processes in CMS, and to troubleshoot and assist in providing solutions for bugs/defects.
- Create and/or evaluate new and enhanced feature documentation for the integration of new technologies into Starz.com, keeping pace with developments in digital marketing helping to ensure that Starz’ web and mobile presence is creatively and technologically sound.
- Maintains a strong technical understanding of the latest web and online technologies and applications available in the industry, troubleshooting and independently researching and resolving problems and issues regarding website content delivery.
- Perform quality assurance and user acceptance testing on company web products/presence to ensure the quality of content and accessibility/usability of product.
- Ensures that appropriate enhancements are made to web sites and applications with regard to new products/services, technologies, systems, and processes, etc. in support of Digital Marketing business goals and objectives.
- Contributes ideas and recommendations toward product, process and system improvements.
Education, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s of Art or Bachelor’s of Science degree in Marketing, Communication or similar discipline preferred; Minimum two years Digital Marketing experience, preferably in an advertising agency, or entertainment environment; Experience in Digital/Interactive and/or project management; Strong appreciation, experience and understanding best in class web design & usability, social media, mobile and new/emerging digital platforms; And/or training; And/or combination of education and experience.
- Mature user of key social spaces, i.e. actively and regularly use both Twitter and Facebook for personal or business.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, flexibility and endurance to multi-task and prioritize across many projects with varying deadlines.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented, with excellent time-management skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to function well in a collaborative, team oriented environment.
- An interest, passion in learning about new methods of promotion in the digital arena and willing to explore new technologies as well as assess what other networks are doing in support of their campaigns for entertainment.
- Experience with Search Engine Marketing and Optimization a plus.
- Experience with social media monitoring and management tool(s) a plus.
- Preferred hands-on experience with social media strategy, analytics and optimization.
- Knowledgeable in all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Project software applications.