- This is a technical support position to editors and managers in a fast pace, creative working environment.
- Qualified candidate will support transfers of video and content to and from production partners internationally.
- Content must on-board quickly to support ongoing editing projects, and outgoing content supports approvals and distribution.
- The intern will have an opportunity to spot program material and perform insert edits and QA of his/her work in support of Original program affiliate sampling initiatives.
- To optimize the experience and maximize availability of resources, the candidate must commit to shifts which commence after 5pm and some weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Insert editing as assigned
- Spotting video content for defects and required changes
- Running transfer consoles for content distribution (receive, send, screen and prepare file based video material for editing)
- Work independently with little supervision
- Persistent attention to detail, manifest in spotting errors and performing multi-step technical procedures
- Work in a deadline driven environment
Freshman through graduate level course work at an accredited college/university, should be actively pursuing a degree from an accredited college, university or academy with coursework in digital media production, radio-television-film, or broadcast journalism; An academic grade point average of 3.0 or better on a 4 point scale for the most recent academic session (quarter/semester); . Work experience or prior internships in in media production is preferred. Additionally:
1.Non-linear editing experience with long and short form content, preferably with Final Cut and Compressor applications
2.Knowledge of File Transfer Protocols (FTP); we will train to Aspera and Accelion consoles
3.Familiarity with broadcast scopes and audio metering device
4.Understanding of IT systems and networking of high resolution video content
5.Familiarity with specifications for broadcast television, compression, formats, and frame rates