Primary Responsibility: In this position, the Post Production Scheduling Intern will support the Post Scheduling Personnel in the operation of the scheduling office. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting Post Scheduling staff in the coordination and scheduling of edit sessions and personnel in order to maximize the use of facilities and people. This position is directly supervised by the Post Production Coordinator and indirectly reports to the Post-Production Scheduling Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in coordination of activities and operation of the scheduling office.
- Schedule and coordinate use of video and audio edit suites.
- Schedule and coordinate personnel including editors and clients to manage daily facility edit schedule.
- Optimize use of facilities to minimize open time and down time.
- Provide high quality customer service to all clients.
- Provide balanced, unbiased scheduling to all parties based on company needs and priorities.
- Maintain clean, professional, and organized appearance and operation of scheduling office.
1.Freshman through graduate level course work at an accredited college/university with a major in Media, Film, Television, Journalism, or similar discipline; An academic grade point average of 3.0 or better on a 4 point scale for the most recent academic session (quarter/semester);
2.Knowledge of computer systems and business-related applications (MS Office Suite). Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday issues, exercise initiative, problem solving and decision making skills while establishing priorities and coordinate work activities based on given parameters while working in conjunction with company managers and employees.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Write routine correspondence, speak effectively and communicate clearly in English.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, percentages and decimals and to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs and charts, compute and understand statistical data in reports.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
4.Demonstrated organizational skills, with an eye for detail. Ability to learn quickly, and adapt to changes in organizational priorities. Experience in scheduling software systems preferred, but not required. Knowledge of basic television broadcast, cable industry functions preferred. Familiarity with database management preferred, but not required.