Primary Responsibility: As a software developer you will be a key contributor to one or more highly interactive scrum teams. As a member of the team you will be expected to participate in daily scrums, contribute to the forecasting and sizing of efforts, deliver working software to the definition of done and perform peer code reviews. You may be required to be on call for the support of systems you construct or are familiar with.
The teams’ focus is on the implementation and support of composite solution components that form the fabric of our business support systems. The team is expected to provide technical solutions to improve business efficiency and expand capabilities. The solutions are distributed and service oriented, a solid foundation in object oriented programming and communications is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce working code to the definition of done.
- Adhere to coding standards, patterns and practices.
- Actively participate in daily scrum meetings.
- Perform peer code reviews and provide constructive feedback.
- Provide accurate estimations of effort and complexity for product and sprint backlog items.
- Work closely and professionally with other Agile Scrum team members including but not limited to PMO, SCM, DBA and QA.
- Give guidance to others when needed in areas of personal expertise.
- Exercise continuous self-improvement and participate in the improvement of others.
- Be self-motivated and exercise good judgment.
- Inspire others to grow and excel.
Education, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Expert knowledge of PowerBuilder version 11.5 & 12.5.
- Expert knowledge of Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise.
- Advanced comprehension of PowerBuilder PFC.
- Advanced comprehension of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Proficiency in C# .Net technologies required.
- Proficiency with Subversion and Jira.
- Proficiency in XML, XPath and or XQuery.
- Experience with composite, distributed and service based solutions.
- Experience with SOAP and Web Services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field with a minimum 3 years’ experience or equivalent.
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard