STATE BANK AND TRUST Employee Reviews

Okay for being a contractor
Banking Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 28, 2017
I worked for this company as a contractor and in the past three years, they have been through 2 mergers/buyouts.
However, the 'smaller' locals banks have been experiencing a lot of this in the past several years with the changes in the banking industry. From what I experienced, I was very satisfied overall with the company, but at the end of the day, I was a temporary contractor.
Great Bank
Teller/Back up Head Teller/Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 23, 2017
State Bank and Trust is a great bank to work for. You need to be ready to meet sales goals daily. Benefits are wonderful and most management is great as well.
Pros
benefits, management
Cons
sales goals
Not bad
Front Line Staff Teller (Current Employee) –  Defiance, OHMay 10, 2017
Its not a bad place to work, and is a really good place to start. It an fit pretty well with most people's daily schedules and is general a great place to work.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 9, 2016
Great people to work with and for. All employees are respected. Good benefit package and advancement opportunities along with a good pay scale and company match for 401K offering.
i loved the customer's made the work more enjoyable
Teller (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, MSApril 28, 2016
I have no complaints about the job, I just like to stay busy and to learn more and it was to the point I felt like nothing was going to change.
benefits
awesome place to work
CIF DEPOSIT OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, MSMarch 17, 2016
love my job as cif specialist which I assisted the front line staff when questions needed to be answered.. love my bosses, easy going..
Pros
awesome bank with benefits
Cons
no room for advancement
A fun place to work
Loan Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 15, 2015
Enjoyed working with the employees. Management was excellent in training employees. Close to home and was sad they sold the bank. Typical day was processing floor plans and loans.
Pros
excellent employees
Cons
Pay was not compensated with the experience
A typical day at work
Cash handling, Teller, Transfer calls (Current Employee) –  McComb, MsSeptember 19, 2015
A typical day includes cashing checks,help manage customers accounts, making withdrawals and transfers. Ordering ATM cards we have to count the vault order money and ship money.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
Pay isnt enough
I enjoyed working there.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Port Gibson, MSJuly 24, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. I enjoyed my co-workers. I got a chance to meet a lot of people. It was just a all around fun place to work.
Pros
free lunch on fridays
Cons
I didn't get a break.
Community Bank with Purpose
Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Defiance, OHJune 1, 2015
I enjoyed the daily interaction with the community that I experienced while as a teller. I learned general banking procedures as well as an inside look at how different small business handled their finances. My managers were warm and hardworking. I loved the involvement that the bank encouraged within the community. As an institution, they were very generous with resources and time. I got many chances to volunteer. The hardest part of my job was the attention to detail required as a teller. I loved getting to know my customers and feeling helpful.
Pros
community involvement, customer appreciation, employee meetings with food and entertainment, benefits
Cons
high turnover on the front line, low pay
OK place to work
Level 2 Teller (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 1, 2014
I was a teller there a few years back, the pay was decent and the people were fun to work with, overall its a very boring job though with a lot of waiting around.
Temporary position
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 22, 2013
Assist in the conversion of precious bank, and supervise another banks loan departmen that was purchased as part of a package deal. I learned that there was great differences in the management of the two banks purchased. Did not really have an opportunity to judge management but what I did see it was good. The few people I worked with I enjoyed. The hardest part of the job was learning the second banks system and earning the confidence of the staff as I was the outsider that was changing their job. The challenge of making the conversion a success.
Outstanding job
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNJune 9, 2013
I was very busy at this job and enjoyed being a teller and waiting on customers all day.
Pros
Good Benefits
Wonderful Company
Home Loan Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mandeville LaJanuary 21, 2013
They were new in the Mandeville area and wanted to start a Mortgage Division. It was challenging.
The company is owned by wonderful and honest investors.
Excellent in team work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fargo NDJanuary 5, 2013
Conducted periodic evaluations of customer service performance at local branch. Provide critical feedback and offered constructive criticism on employee performance