State Bank of India

State Bank of India Employer Reviews

One of the largest international banks in the world, with substantial presence globally and in North America. The bank is a university for bankers.
Auditor/ Senior Manager (Investigations)/ Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 24, 2014
The bank has one of the largest work-force in the world. I worked in its USA Head Quarters as well as in its New York branch. Excellent work atmosphere conducive to productivity and job satisfaction.
I gained overall experience in various areas of banking with this company
Chief Executive Officer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2014
Pros: all round banking experience
Cons: limited opportunities for growth
I also had the opportunity to have work experience in Tokyo and Chicago which I consider very valuable
State Bank of India is a nice place to work, offering ample learning opportunities, wide exposure, in a friendly and cooperative environment.
Accounting Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 26, 2014
A typical day in this bank would have daily responsibilities related to incoming and outgoing checks, related journal entries, reconciliations, as well as everyday reconciliations of major bank accounts, including FRB. During month-ends and quarter-ends, the various monthly and quarterly reports also need to be prepared under strict deadlines.
This – more... place helped me reinforce my accounting principles while discharging my everyday responsibilities, and perform accurately under deadlines.
The co-workers have been extremely friendly and co-operative, who are willing to stand by their colleagues at every need.
The most rewarding experience for me as a professional accountant has been the time when under circumstances, I had to prepare the balance sheet and other reports from scratch, in the absence of my manager, and was appreciated by senior management for my flawless presentation. – less
GOOD WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Project Trainee (Former Employee), New Delhi, ILApril 14, 2014
Pros: some time they can provide refreshment
Cons: some time environment become like a government office
STATE BANK OF INDIA IS A BIG BRAND AND HAVE A GREAT CULTURE IN EMPLOYEE.
produtive and fun work
Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee), TexasJanuary 31, 2014
This project is to enhance the capabilities of existing Money Manager Application both on .com and mobile channels. Existing application shows completed transactions for the selected accounts and groups them in different categories for proper budgeting.The new enhancements are to display scheduled, manual, pending and intraday transactions and create – more... a new tile in My Accounts dashboard for the summary details. This project requires .com and mobile UI changes and also invoking existing web services for different types of transactions. This project was developed in Agile methodology – less
Analyst (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 12, 2013
A fun filled place and great place to work. Everyone is nice and always willing to help. Great team work atmosphere
A long career of 27 years
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Secunderabad, APAugust 29, 2013
Pros: i always used to get appreciations from the customers who were more than satisfied with my attitude.
Cons: being a public sector institution there were very limited opportunities to have jumps in the career.
Immediately after my Bachelor's degree I joined State Bank of India, I learned about every thing in the life. The Bank Job was treated with esteem respect. I was exposed to different fields of Banking, right from Personal accounts, Firms, Loans, Dealing in Foreign Exchange, Imports and Exports etc., I always enjoyed the job as there was no hardest part – more... in it. – less
There was no special activity in Banking hours
Branch Special Assistant/Lead Bank Teller (Former Employee), M S Govt.business Branch Hisar-125001 IndiaAugust 6, 2013
Pros: officers were friendly an co-oprative
Cons: no compensation or benefits
This Bank is outside of this country so review in USA shall be of no justice with the Bank.
i was accountant here with my position is manager
Accountant (Current Employee), Delhi, NYApril 24, 2013
Pros: free launch
Cons: no
duty is always beauty .But my office has not enough work to give me so that i want to take another jobs because i always want to busy.
American Business Model with Indian Culture.
Anon (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 4, 2013
The bank uses a system called Finacle which is mainly maintain and operated in India. Therefore, whenever there is an inquiry the bank needs to request it to technicians in India and wait for a response. If you are familiar, great! You will fit in right away.

On the side note, friendly coworkers and a good place to start your career.
What you learned
Credit Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 22, 2012
Pros: work environment is very positive and amiable
Cons: avenues of growth are less
1. Learnt about calculation of Provision (allowances) for bank’s loan portfolio in accordance with USGAAP .

2. Assisted the Chief Credit Officer in varois aspects of Credit Administration functioning of the bank.
productive and professional work environment
Temp- Teller/Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 1, 2012
Pros: free lunches sometimes, great gift for christmas and games, birthdays
Cons: not enough employers for the amount of foot traffic
State Bank needs lots of help when they have good rates for wire transfers to india. They only have one to two tellers who help around 20-50 ppl with the last part of the day. Working here really help me gain some experience and also help me as a person on patience and my speed skills.
Job stability.
secretary accounts and reports (Former Employee), Los Angeles, caMarch 8, 2012
Pros: job security is good, good insurance policy for employees.
Cons: salary below industry standard.
Company doesn't have hire and fire policy. Salary is lower than banking industry standard. Advancement opportunities are minimal.
It is like my mother, who gave me birth and grew me up while my Bank has nourtured me,it gave me name,fame,status in the society; i am grateful to it
Middle management officer (Former Employee), Vallabhipur branch under Bhavnagar RBO-IIFebruary 28, 2012
Pros: snacks, allowances entertainment, conveyance, labor, magazines
Cons: medical, insurance, leave, ltc, pension, lunch break etc
My Bank is one of the largest banks in the world; it is next to Reserve Bank of India in India, with over 1 million employees and 12000+ branches in India and world. I awe to it greatly as it was the best in all respect. Work culture, values, compensation, benefits, job security, management and work balance these all are rated on top and it deserves – more... to remain on top in future too. – less
Good in Banking
Probationary Officer (Former Employee), IndiaOctober 8, 2014
Pros: security and pay
Cons: remote locations
One of the Better Institutions when it comes to Banking. However No special knowledge of Finance is required
Secured job
Officer Marketing and Recovery (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APSeptember 27, 2014
Good place to work. Employee benefits are good. Secured with well support teams like unions for the employees.
NA
Assistant Officer Banking Operations/Admin (Current Employee), IndiaSeptember 27, 2014
Indian Largest Bank of India
Good management and Secured Job
India's Largest Bank
Sr. Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHSeptember 25, 2014
Being India's largest bank and a public sector owned company ,SBI was a great learning organisation. Being a Fortune 500 company and also having a work force of more than 2 Lakh employees from various parts of India, SBI was a strength in diversity.
Productive and Fun workplace
Trainee (Former Employee), bahrainSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no cons
Working in SBI feels working an an safe & friendly environment.

 Trained in the Operations Department, which mainly includes Customer Service, Cheque Clearing, Money Remittances, Opening Accounts, ATM cards, SWIFT system, KYC etc.
• Trained in Trade and Corporate Finance Department which mainly includes Loans, Letter of Credit, Banks guarantee, Collection – more... of Bill, Import & Export Collections etc.
• Trained in Compliance and Anti-money laundering. – less
EXCELLENT BUT DUE TO FREQUENT TRANSFERS NO STABILITY IN PERSONAL LIFE
CHIEF MANAGER (Former Employee), Delhi, DLSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: good perks
Cons: transfers even at old age
LOT OF OPPORTUNITIES FOR LEARNING AND GROWTH BUT AS I AM AROUND 53 YEARS OILD WITH RESPONSIBILITIES TRANSFER TO FAR PLACES WOULD DISTURB JOB WORK AND LIFE BALANCE

1 2 3 4 5