State Department Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews in United States

Fun work place and opportunity to work with a great motivating team.
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 6, 2015
I enjoy working for State Department Federal Credit Union. I have been there for the last 8 years and I have been offered the opportunity to move from a call center representative to a trainer. I have also been allowed the amazing opportunity to be a subject matter expert on 2 of the recent projects that we have/ are implementing.
Overall great company!! Amazing Staff!!
MSR (Current Employee) –  VirginiaApril 10, 2015
Any job field pursued, you will have a great team to work with.Great Benefits. Interactive training courses. Overall great company!! Amazing Staff!!
A very good place to work
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 9, 2015
Enjoyed working there very much.Nice work accommodations. Enjoyed working directly with credit union members. Management and employees had a goor working relationship.
Friendly Working Environment
Branch Services Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 11, 2015
Very friendly co-workers and staff, great place to work.Great management as well.Salary might differ depending on position.Typical day here is more routine in my position. Have lots of responsibilities but am able to manage time to complete tasks.
Total Work Environment
Teller (Current Employee) –  Alexandria VaDecember 23, 2014
• Accurately respond to phone inquiries on member account activity and/or credit union programs, services, policies, and procedures using appropriate reference materials and software applications
• Perform all follow-up activities associated with phone calls following established procedures
• Cross sell products and services to regularly achieve established sales goals
• Track sales/referrals following established procedures and using current methodology
• Process member transactions/requests including but not limited to: transfers, check withdrawals, loan payments, Visa Platinum payments, stop payment orders, printing statements, identifying checks which have cleared, checking account balances and availability of funds
• Attend and participate in department meetings and training sessions, as scheduled and incorporate newly acquired skills into daily activities
• Deliver superior quality service so that member needs are met on a consistent, positive basis
Pros
great benefits
N/a
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 13, 2014
A typical day at work was always busy but the work made the days go by faster and it kept you with something to do.
Bank of America/Military banking
Member Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 18, 2014
Loved the environment...absolutely loved the management...They knew what they were doing and helped guide you.
Not your average workplace
HRIS/Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 10, 2014
The State Department Federal CU does not promote people on their skills and/or knowledge. Employee's promotions/pay raises are usually based off the friendship you have with your manager and/or the friendship they have with Senior Management.
benefits
Great co-workers and benefits
Loan Closer/Disburser (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 17, 2014
SDFCU is a great place to work with great benefits. My co-workers are very friendly and fun to work with. Thney are also very helpful. A typical day will have me helping borrowers, co-workers, managers etc. I get my work done in a timely manner. I do not consider my job hard or easy as it changes every day. The buisest time of the month is the ending because we have to transfer all loans to mortgage servicing.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
distance, traffic
Teller/Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 10, 2014
Benefits are fantastic, the culture is strong and helpful, and the business is small enough to care about their low level employees.

Want to know more about State Department Federal Credit Union?

Ask a question
Productive and challenging work environment
Member Solution Representative/Collector (Current Employee) –  Headquarters Alexandria, VAJanuary 16, 2014
Fielding phone calls from members regarding past due payments, negative balance and offer assistance to those member with financial difficulties.

I have learned to be more sympathetic and empathic to our members and their financial distress.

The hardest part of the job is listening to members who are having financial difficulties and not being able to help with any of our programs.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help and offer assistance to those members with financial problems by informing them of options that may best suit their financial needs.
Pros
working with a great group of team members.
Cons
working on saturdays
good company to work
Personal Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 22, 2013
professional environment , friendly coworkers , most enjoyable part was meeting new people every day .
Very Productive
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 17, 2013
Scanning in Home Deeds and making sure that their monthly payment was up to date in our records. Having to scan in over 1500 boxes of Home Deeds and refiling them into the system once i was done. Keeping track of all the people i have input into the system.
Pros
fun people to be around
Cons
management
Real Estate Loan Officer
REAL ESTATE LOAN OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 5, 2013
Real Estate Mortgage Loan Officer, temp to perm
State Department Federal Credit Union
Proposed Credit Union Loan programs to members for refinance and purchases according to Freddie Mace
guidelines. Follwed all PMI's guidelines for loans with <80% LTV's.
Analyzed Credit reports for pre-qualifications, pre-underwrite loan applications according to compliance, & LP
guidelines. Quality Controlled each loan file in accordance to FHA guidelines.
Crossed sold Credit Union products including but not limited to HeLOC's, Car Loans, Financial Planning, New
memberships, & Credit Cards.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no parking
Customer service beyond the norm
Manage (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 18, 2013
Learnt to work with people who had great work ethic.
Was able to balance work and life well.
A nice work environment.
Computer System Operator (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 8, 2013
Operate computers and maintain system for accuracy. We were under direct supervision of the manager. My co-workers are very helpful in case I need help. The hardest part of the job is because of the commute. The most enjoyable part of the job is to learn new materials that are provided.
Productive work environment
Department Lead (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 22, 2013
Fast paced environment. Worked with a great team. Opprotunity to work with clients all over the world which was exciting
Pros
team lunches and meetings enhanced productivity
Cons
not enough management involvement
Relaxed working environment , they want to help their members
Controller / Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VaNovember 25, 2012
A nice place to work

I have developed a great deal of knowledge about the credit union industry

Co-workers are nice to work with

Hardest part of the job - do a great deal of analysis and I do not have anyone to double check my work

I get to do a great deal of interesting analysis
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
small organization
It was great!
Manager of Records Management (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 5, 2012
It taught me a lot about the difference between backs and credit unions but at the end of the day it was all bout the the customer.
My Co-Workers
Temp (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 25, 2012
My co-workers made my work there fun and interesting, but very productive
Pros
they kept me busy at all times and if i didnt have anything to do, they would find wor for me.

4.3