State Employees Credit Union Employee Reviews

Good Financial Service Experience
Financial Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 18, 2016
The Credit Union offers great job security and benefits and teaches you a lot about the financial services industry. I would recommend anyone starting out in an entry level position to work the Credit Union to gain knowledge and experience.
Very good steady job
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 11, 2016
Very boring job just answered phone calls all day. Co worker were very nice but management was not. the customer were very rude. I did not like the job but the benefits were really great
Secu Contact Center
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 26, 2016
A typical day consist of about 100-125 calls from member who are having account issues. I've learned how to multitask between 8 different systems in which we use to find a resolution to the members problems.
Pros
Great Pay, Great Benefits, Great PTO rewards
Too much expected in an 8 hour day.
Senior Financial Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCJune 2, 2016
Provides absolutely no training. Learn live on the job on real live members. Expected to baby our members and make loan decisions with very little information and make loan decisions within 5 minutes then are rebuked when the loan goes bad. No legal or collection department.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
no training
Great salary and benefits
Financial Services Representative I (Current Employee) –  Flat Rock, NCMarch 31, 2016
This company pays great and you increase your salary quickly, but there are few opportunities to move up unless you work at the ops center in Raleigh, NC.
fun workplace
System / Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 11, 2016
Level 7 Technologies has a great working environment that allows individuals to multi-task and grow into their disciplines.A typical day at work depends on your particular area of expertise. Management is supportive and co-workers friendly. The hardest part of the job depends on your particular area of responsibility. The most enjoyable part of the job in my area is that I get to learn new techologies frequently.
Pros
traffic
Cons
not micro-managed
Great place to bank but not work at least not Weaverville Branch
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Weaverville, NCSeptember 15, 2015
Great company to work for and bank with. They really do care about their members. And most of the employees have been there and it can be a great place to work for but the Weaverville branch Manager is the worst!!!!!!!!!!! She went through 10 employees in less than a year and a half. She decides she doesn't want you there and wont let up until you are about to lose your mind and just quit. Promises raises for passing modules then when you do she insists you don't get one but the employee in the next office hired at the same time, got one. Go work there but don't go to that office.
Pros
Great company to bank with
Cons
Worst manager at weaverville NC
laid back
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 25, 2016
you do not have to sale here
easy money
have to do a lot of services deal with calls since they closed the call centers now.

it can be a good company to grow with
Pros
holidays off
Cons
pressure for upper management
Good place to work and learn.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 30, 2016
Good place to work and learn the culture and personality of all kinds of people. I learned a lot about how to serve others. I also appreciated the value of time and use time efficiently on a very busy day.
Great benefits and promotions
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Knightdale, NCApril 8, 2014
At SECU, my primary duties were as a teller. I assisted members with deposits, withdrawals, payments, and information about the banks services. I learned about responsibility and dependability. The managers I had were very hands on and very concerned with my progress. The co-workers for the most part were very helpful during my learning process. The hardest part of the job was maintaining a perfect cash drawer balance and perfect ticket work during busy times. The most enjoyable part was building relationships with members.
Pros
Merit based raises, advancement opportunity
Cons
Very strict cash drawer rules and expectations, not enough leniency.
Excellent place to work and build a career of longevity.
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCNovember 24, 2014
SECU is a wonderful place to work. The environment is that of a family between the workers and members. The president and board of directors really try to provide workers with the best benefits and schedules, while also catering to members needs. The best part about working for SECU was representing a company that truly cared about its members (which is why we never call them customers). The hardest part about working for SECU is studying and passing the monthly module tests that are required to maintain the job.
Pros
Weekends and holidays off. Health benefits. Consistant schedule.
Cons
Outdated computer system.
Productive workplace for productive go-getters
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 3, 2012
SECU is one of the most selfless and team oriented organizations out there. Individuals who work there are expected to work hard and excel as they gain experience. Independence and determination are needed to succeed. Compensation may be low compared to industry averages, but this is a phenomenal place to work.
Pros
excellent benefits, training, & advancement opportunities
Cons
low compensation
contact center position
Financial Services Representative I (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 12, 2014
answering the phones all day. recently recommended for lending training giving me the ability to take loan applications over the phone. co-workers are great and all feel about the same about the company in general. the hardest part about the job is not receiving enough compensation for the amount of work that we do and to live a somewhat comfortable life. most enjoyable part is being able to express pros and cons to direct management
has potential
Financial Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 22, 2015
This company has the potential to be a great place to work. Benefits are good but the work load is diverse and demanding. Working with the public also comes with its inherent challenges!
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCMarch 24, 2015
Very professional place of business. Co-Workers were great even outside of work. Most enjoyable part of the job was making someone day.
Benefits
Productive Workplace with a financial institution that really wants to help the people
Financial Services Officer I (Current Employee) –  Lillington, NCApril 23, 2013
At the branch level you'll see and deal with people everyday with sometimes very different issues. That can be anything from account maintenance to mortgage loans.
Pros
excellent benefits package
Cons
starting salary
Good place to gain expereince
Financial Services Officer (Former Employee) –  NCJuly 18, 2013
Poor management, low compensation based on market values. Good business model when I began which lead to a more one stop shop approach with no real sense of specialization.
Fun workplace to work, everyone is very kind and warm-hearted.
Teller/ ATM Custodian (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 15, 2012
This was one of my favorite places to work. Team work is there main goal everyone is so team orientated.
Pros
hour lunches, free benefits
Cons
n/a
Financial Services Representative I (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, NCMarch 6, 2014
State Employees Credit Union is a good company to work for, they just expect too much out of their employees with no compensation.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
compensation
Stressful atmosphere with negative energy
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 22, 2013
The Credit Union is filled with negative energy. Employees do not enjoy helping each other with questions and problems and management needs to learn how to encourage their employees. Learn to be personable and not always communicate a job well done through email. Training is basic; however the Credit Union wants its employees to efficiently help members in an array of areas with minimal knowledge. This is not possible.Training needs to be more extensive. Employees are under paid for the work that they do as well. The Credit Union is great entry level job and it provides job security; however it is not a place to be at long-term. Especially, if you are looking to make some money.
Pros
Job Security and Great entry level position
Cons
Negative attitudes, lack of help, under paid