State Fair Community College Employee Reviews

Fantastic
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJuly 10, 2017
The women that I worked with at the LearningForce were wonderful. Every day I had a list of tasks to complete. Once I had completed them, I was free to work on homework or so something constructive after I made sure nobody else had anything that I could do for them. My schedule was free to me to change as I needed when my class schedule changed or if I was sick.
A lot of issues in this place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJune 17, 2017
Upper management causes a lot of problems, and there is almost no interdepartmental cooperation that actually works. this place is in chaos almost all the time.
Pros
some people try to make this a great place to work
Cons
they are micromanagers.
State Fair Community College- thinking outside the box
Admissions and Advisement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJune 5, 2017
I have learned so much working at State Fair Community College. I enjoy meeting new students and assisting them on their educational journey. The hands on and student centered approach that we take has had a lasting effect on the students graduating from State Fair Community College. It is always amazing to see what our students can accomplish when they have the support of the institution.
Pros
Partnerships with 4 year universities, student centered, open minded, and innovative
Cons
Salary levels
excellent
Student Ambassador, Tutor, Student Success, Mentor (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOMay 8, 2017
demonstrate all-around great customer service skills
take orders perform side work greet and seat guests deliver food perform checkbacks handle cash transactions
Enjoyed teaching
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Boonville, MOApril 6, 2017
The administrative staff were very helpful getting me started and assisting immediately when a problem arose. The equipment in the classroom was user friendly so that I was able to show dvd examples to my class.
I enjoyed working with college students in a field I love
Music Teacher/Accompanist (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MO 65301January 16, 2017
State Fair Community College was a wonderful place to work. I loved working with college students in a field I loved. There was something interesting and new every day.
Pros
Music environment
State Fair Community College
Student (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJanuary 11, 2017
I think the professors were amazing at teaching however they could have given students heads up on degrees that pertain to nothing in life. I found myself without a job till this date on the degree choice I made and speaking to other students 1 person from my graduating class got a job in the field.
Not good place to work
Instructor/Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOOctober 23, 2016
Very disorganized, not a friendly and hostile workplace (at least where I am), no support from the supervisor.
The only good side is most of the students are good people.
Pros
Students are descent as people.
Cons
Depends on the supervisor, you may be very dissatisfied.
Nursing Instructor (Current Employee) –  NursingAugust 25, 2016
State Fair Community College is a great place to work, especially the nursing program. While the environment is fast paced, there are many pluses to the department and college. Faculty education and professional development is encouraged and the college helps faculty, including nursing, achieve their masters degree at minimal cost. The position is very flexible. My experience with the administration is supportive, encouraging, and eager to help, yet they do hold us to a high standard which is a great thing for our faculty and our students. We work together to achieve positive outcomes. As a department, we are on the cutting edge of what is happening statewide and nationally and we take pride in that. The department works as a great team.
Pros
Exciting and positive outcomes. Working with our team.
Moderate work environment.
Student Worker, Cook (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOMay 11, 2016
I performed cooking duties as well as cleaning duties. Very fast-paced work environment and dealt with customers in the proper manner.
Worst management I've ever worked for
Nursing (Former Employee) –  SedaliaFebruary 21, 2016
The nursing department has horrible management with unrealistic expectations. The bread a hostile work environment. Management pushes all their work off onto the nursing instructors and then yell and scream at their nursing instructors when something doesn't get done. This is one of the worst places I have ever worked and I am an alumni.
Pros
Very few
Cons
Management in the nursing department
Summary
Lead Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOFebruary 15, 2016
Days can vary depending upon schedule
Learned quite a bit due to responsibilities
Management is for the most part disconnected with faculty
Pros
Time off due to school schedule
Cons
Other than retirement, benefits not good
Fun Learning Environment concerned with your education
Faxed, copied, filed student information (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MOOctober 8, 2015
State Fair Community College makes learning fun and worth the effort and time. They not only want you to enroll but go the extra mile to ensure that you succeed.
They lay off people a lot
Book Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJune 29, 2015
The turn over in that job is a little too ridiculous especially if you are looking for a stable job while going to school. You deal with a lot of books so you can learn a lot while you are there.
Pros
interaction with other students
Cons
management could be better
Love my job at the LOZ campus
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Osage Beach, MOFebruary 10, 2015
I work at the Lake Ozark campus. I love the students and the people I work with. This is a great job!!! We have different demographics than the main campus, but this provides us a unique opportunity.
I am an adjunct teacher there...
Workforce Development (Current Employee) –  MissouriSeptember 23, 2014
adjunct instructors are becoming more common, as it allows the school to have instructors without having to pay benefits, holidays, etc.
My classes are not very consistent, so my experience with consistency is definitely lacking. Others (I hope) have had better luck with consistency.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
contingent work-only if enough students to hold the class
A enjoyable Job.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJune 2, 2014
Cleaning and Maintaining Buildings. I learned how to pace myself to clean a huge building. The co-workers are friendly and are there if you need assistance. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting people such as students and the professors.
Pros
Meeting New People
Cons
nothing
Teaching Spanish to adults
Lead Spanish Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOMay 27, 2014
I enjoyed teaching Spanish to adults and meeting others from different countries.
Pros
The students and other teachers.
Cons
I wish I had found full-time work.
Wonderful faculty with great students
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOMarch 26, 2014
The faculty are very motivated and kind. Working with the students in order to help them achieve their life goals is the most rewarding part of the job.

The most difficult part is the long hours and having to work during vacations.
Pros
Excellent full-time faculty
Cons
Extremely long hours with little or no time off
A great place to work
Network Engineer Associate (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOMarch 21, 2014
Great place to work. Very friendly staff and great management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State Fair Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2