State Fair Community College

State Fair Community College Employer Reviews

A enjoyable Job.
Custodian (Former Employee), Sedalia, MOJune 2, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: nothing
Cleaning and Maintaining Buildings. I learned how to pace myself to clean a huge building. The co-workers are friendly and are there if you need assistance. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting people such as students and the professors.
Teaching Spanish to adults
Lead Spanish Instructor (Former Employee), Sedalia, MOMay 27, 2014
Pros: the students and other teachers.
Cons: i wish i had found full-time work.
I enjoyed teaching Spanish to adults and meeting others from different countries.
Wonderful faculty with great students
Instructor (Current Employee), Sedalia, MOMarch 26, 2014
Pros: excellent full-time faculty
Cons: extremely long hours with little or no time off
The faculty are very motivated and kind. Working with the students in order to help them achieve their life goals is the most rewarding part of the job.

The most difficult part is the long hours and having to work during vacations.
A great place to work
Network Engineer Associate (Current Employee), Sedalia, MOMarch 21, 2014
Great place to work. Very friendly staff and great management.
Fun job working with great people
ESL Teachers Aide/PT weight room attendant (Current Employee), Sedalia, MOJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches during home games
Cons: short hours, not enough hours, no benefits
Depending on what was the job, I work with people who are down to earth and like to help each other out in whatever needed to be helped on.
In ESL I would help teacher with foreign students who wanted to learn English and go on to a better life in America. Learned to interact with different cultures and work student profiles to learn more about them.
When – more... I was working in weight room, I attended and cleaned it, checked student IDs to confirm their students or non-students, which were not allowed to workout.
Currently I work as a filmer and webcaster for SFCC boys and girls basketball home games. Record games for coaches and webcast games for families who could not make it to the games. Only work when games are at home. It's part time and looking for full time positions when I graduate, but for now I am looking to work on my days off from school which is anytime after 4pm on Mondays and Wednesdays, on Fridays after 1pm, and on Tuesdays and Thursdays anytime.
Since I have worked here I have learned how to file, type up, print, and save files properly. I have learned how to speak in public properly, the people who work here are great and are willing to help when asked, all co workers were great and worked well with them, and my days were enjoyable when I knew I had helped out students the best way possible. There was nothing hard about my jobs, just that all were part time and no benefits. Business Management is what I am going for and look to get into a management position or open and run a business of my own. – less
Enjoyable work environment,
Adjunct teacher (Current Employee), Osage Beach, MOJanuary 3, 2014
Cons: not guaranteed work
I am a teacher for a few hours every other day and log onto to the website to grade, collaborate or inform students of upcoming events. I relearned pre algebra, reminded me of how much I forgot. Management is great. Co-workers are nice and helpful. Hardest part of the job is getting back to teaching and relearning the material.
Teaching is the most – more... enjoyable part of the job. – less
Good learning expereince
Admissions Data Entry Specialist and Recruiting (Former Employee), Sedalia, MONovember 1, 2013
Great place to help students and be on a one on one level with students so they feel more comfortable with their choices and help them get started with getting their education from all different ages.
Works wonderfully with students!
Gym Assistant (Former Employee), Sedalia, MOSeptember 2, 2013
Easy going atmosphere that lets you enjoy watching sports or other events.You can work around any schedule you need to, even with a weird class schedule.
Student Services Centered
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Sedalia, MOAugust 7, 2013
I love helping students get into college. That was the most rewarding thing about my job.
State Fair Community College
Full Time Student (Current Employee), Sedalia, MOMarch 5, 2013
State Fair Community College has given all the knowledge and skills to become an asset to the medical field.
Challenging Radiologic Technology Program
Radiologic Technologist Student (Current Employee), Sedalia, MOFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: experienced radiology director and clinical instructor.
Cons: fast paced learning environment.
Small class size ensures optimal learning environment. Instructors very knowledgeable and easy to work with.