State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

2.4K reviews

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Insurance Sales Agent/ Frontline Underwriter (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAJuly 29, 2015
State farm is a good place to work, just no work life balance.
Need alternating weekends because you are required to work every weekend.
Fun Working
Sr Java Developer (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILJuly 29, 2015
1. Developed Front end java application using JSF, JQUERY and JAVASCRIPT.
2. Created the input to the webservice from the data on the screen.
3. Utilized the output from the webservice using XSTREAM parser to be displayed on the screen and for various other applications.
4. Tested the different parts of the code using Junit.
was a decent place to work
Image Processor (Former Employee), Ballston Spa, NYJuly 29, 2015
Pros: nice vacation and personal day package
Cons: none
gave us a years notice of department relocating, There was not a lot of growth potential and then they closed the department. We got a nice severance package and was handled very professionally.
Very productive agency environment
Multi Line Representative/Account Manager (Current Employee), Cicero, NYJuly 29, 2015
Gained excellent sales and account management experience. Also gained excellent customer service skills. Proven sales performance and ability to successfully maintain multiple client accounts.
Productive place to work, good enviorment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAJuly 29, 2015
It was a great place to work. Nice staff and awesome boss. The only reason for leaving is the distance was too far. I did full customer service work.
This company is a good company for Career Advancement
Underwriter (Current Employee), Dunwoody, GAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: Not enough training or references available
This company is a good company if you are interested in climbing the corporate ladder. With the proper time invested and the extra mile given, you may be able to advance a great deal faster than you may could with a different company.
Fast paced learning environment
Lawsuit Secretary (Former Employee), downers grove, ilJuly 28, 2015
Pros: great benefits and environment.
Cons: after birth of my twins, I needed part-time/home work, which the company had recently stopped.
State Farm was a fun and productive office experience. Always room to grow, as they sponser many in house cerified classes.
My immediate management was very helpful and worked well with unit team members.
A typical day incuded, opening phones, reviewing daily files to be worked. Filing and opening and closing or cases.
Co-workers always helpful.
Hardest part of job, was when I had to take over almost immediately for previous employee with minimal training for that position.
All team members and management were very helpful.
good compnay
Office Manager (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDJuly 28, 2015
company is good, pay sucks. company is good, pay sucks. company is good, pay sucks. company is good, pay sucks. company is good, pay sucks. company is good, pay sucks.
Busy work environment with lots of customer interaction and talking on the phone.
Claim Associate (Current Employee), Columbia, MOJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Yearly raises and incentives good retirement benefits
Cons: Micromanaging and mandatory overtime
There are lots of changes happening within the company. The focus is becoming less about the quality and more about numbers. Constantly being measured against fellow employees and your numbers directly affect your annual raise. Be prepared to work most holidays. That being said they do give yearly raises with performance cash bonuses and incentives.
Ok place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee), DeSoto, TXJuly 27, 2015
Pretty good place to work, Good hours, nice pay, decent management and co-workers. Would recommend.No weekends and holidays off.
Great job
ILR (Former Employee), phoenix, azJuly 27, 2015
Pros: owner
Cons: upset customers
Assisted customers with taking auto claims. Made sure all the proper information was collected and then passed the data to nthe correct department.
Productive and enjoyable work place with new challenges everyday.
Collection Representative-Home Equity (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILJuly 27, 2015
A growing work place with supportive management. A work place that allows for personal growth and development. The most enjoyable part of my job is being available to help others succeed.
ok company
Claims Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, gaJuly 26, 2015
Atlanta-great benefits, low pay, managers are ok. Takes time to move up. The hardest pay of the job was the overwhelming workload and the crazy customer calls.
Complete Organizational Overhaul
Auto Claim Processor (Current Employee), Greeley, COJuly 26, 2015
Pros: benefit packages
Cons: reorganization
State Farm as an Enterprise is currently in a state of flux which creates uncertainty in the workplace. Advancement is hard to come by and it seems like it will be this way for the next couple of years.
very productive company
Adjuster Trainee/ Ladder assist. (Former Employee), ALJuly 25, 2015
Pros: meeting new new people and helping help them..
Cons: you can't always help everybody
very good company to work for. great schedule. long hours. but you great a good amount time off and overtime when needed.
Fast pace, productive team work enviroment
Licensed Agent (Current Employee), Pinole, CAJuly 25, 2015
Pros: A great Team, Great Bosses, Great working Enviroment, and The benefit of helping people
Cons: No benefits, little PTO
A typical day at work is managing our clients files, making sure everything issues correctly and help our clients with any questions or concerns they may have. Making calls to our clients to make sure that polices don't cancel and that the underwriting process goes smoothly. Each day there is something new to learn. I've learned to handle situation with efficiency and ease for my clients to make their time less stressful and promptly as possible.
I work with 2 great bosses who not only strive on hard work and take the time to teach us but also make our working environment fun and joyful. The hardest part of my job is when I have to tell our clients that their case is not covered with State Farm. To see their faces with disappointment is taught on me, especially when I have done everything I could possibly do to help them. The most important part of my job is to know that I've helped my clients to have the proper coverage for any future risks that may occur.
Productive learning experience.
Office Manager/Representative (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Team lunches and celebrations.
Cons: Making sure all training made available to me was offered
A typical day in the agent's office consisted of primarily of customer service and sales. The agent's office was small and consisted of three other employees besides the agent and myself. I was able to devote my time to the employees when needed and provide customer service to our clients. As a Senior Claims Processor for the corporate office in Murfreesboro, TN, I had great co-workers who embraced the idea of teamwork. Management was always in close proximity to answer any questions or concerns that we may have had. The hardest part of both positions was dealing with large numbers of claims. We worked diligently to get the claims handled and to make sure the clients were satisfied. The most enjoyable part of the positions was supplying good customer service.
Productive and competitve work environment
Licensed Insurance Representative (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Great Hours/Pay
Cons: May not be for everyone.
A typical day with State Farm would be to come in review emails, learn about any changes in policies and inform clients. I learned that there is self satisfaction with assisting those in need, especially when people least expect it. The Agent I worked for went above and beyond to help us succeed and be better with life/work balances. My coworkers kept the environment friendly yet competitive.

The hardest part of the job would be telling a customer that there wasn't anything I could do for them, or not being properly covered in the event of a catastrophic loss.

The best part would be the people I was able to help and give second chances.
Summary
ILR Claims Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Good company great benefits
Cons: No advancement
State Farm is a great place to work, but not for advancement. I have enjoyed working at the company and my co workers. The hardest part of my job is knowing that someone is hurt or was possibly killed in a car accident. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to put a smile on people face and let them know that I care.
Good Expereince
Personal Lines Customer Service (Former Employee), Conway, ARJuly 24, 2015
This was just a temporary assignment for about 6 months, and since State Farm is geared more towards Personal Lines insurance, it was a change for me, as I am a Commercial Lines person; but it was great experience.
Headquarters