State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

You either love it or hate it
INSURANCE ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  TennesseeDecember 10, 2017
A typical day at work is providing quotes and cold calling or dealing with customers coming in or calling in regarding bill issues, premium increases or requesting quotes.
Pros
Commission, Cash prizes
Cons
Expected to be active in the community (unpaid)
Great Place to work for
Insurance Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 10, 2017
I have learned a lot not just about the insurance industry but about owning my own business. I start my day at 8:30 am and I set my day up, I work with customers to help them to find their insurance needs. My agent is very helpful and I enjoy what I do. I hope to own my own agency one day.
IT Transformation
Scrum Master & Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILDecember 10, 2017
State Farm is actually a very good company to work for. IT organization is undergoing complete transformation towards adapting to Agile. This is good.
Pros
Working with teams and leadership.
Cons
Org very slow to change. Very governance process intensive. All teleworkers released.
Great first job
Multi-Line Representative (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJDecember 10, 2017
Great first job. There is a lack of advancement unless you have the funds to purchase your own angency. Owning your own agency is where the money is in insurance sales.
Positive community
Insurance Assistant (part time) (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, MDDecember 9, 2017
Gives positive energy to its employees. I learned so much about how insurance works, how insurances provide a life changing matter to peoples life. I receive so much positive energy through working with my team, every one in the team is helpful, kind and motivating. I don't think, I find anything hard doing the job, at least not for now. I find everything interesting and beneficial.
Some good some bad about State Farm but bad outweighed good.
Auto Liability Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 9, 2017
It appears State Farm was all about the employees numbers but once started working there found out differently. It was about length of call; work tracks; how many claims you processed.
Pros
Excellent 401K
Cons
Said focused on customer but not really.
Very Stressful Toxic Environment
Office Representative & Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LADecember 9, 2017
Agent is never there. He is very condescending.Manager is mean & rude. She makes everyone feel like a 2yr old & she says she does everything. When agent leaves so does she and she lies a lot! I learned a lot about insurance and obtained my license. Culture of office is not family friendly. It’s all about the agent & making money for him and to make sure he gets his trip. And in return the staff gets nothing! Except the office manager. Agent makes sure she is well compensated. The hardest part of the job are the rude mean spoiled insureds. Rates keep going up & insureds get even more angry. The atmosphere in the office is very tense & negative. The best part of the job is an hour for lunch.
Pros
An hour for lunch
Cons
Toxic Office Environment /Atmosphere
Good Name, Poorly Managed
Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 9, 2017
The State Farm brand is very competitive in comparison to other companies out in the market, but internally there is very poor management, and very little hands-on training is provided to new employees. It is not a company that provides an opportunity for growth from within, and the office environment can be very cut-throat. It's an environment that creates an "every man for himself" kind-of atmosphere. Personally, what I enjoyed was meeting with clients in the community and growing in my customer service skills. Other than these benefits, State Farm doesn't offer much more to their agent's staff and customer service reps.
Pros
Customer Service growth
Cons
No benefits, overly sales driven and competitive, poor leadership and sales management
Excellent place to work
Broker/Office Manager, Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CADecember 8, 2017
State Farm is an excellent place to work with a great deal of potential for growth. Their name is synonymous with quality and integrity. The culture is family oriented.
Pros
stability
Cons
Great and productive place to grow with.
Management assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 8, 2017
You can grow with the company and learn more everyday... Great staff members... it is an opportunity to show off your skill and learn more and more...
Pros
Free lunches and dinners...
Cons
Come in on once on sat every other week.
A good company
Insurance Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 8, 2017
The home office was always helpful anytime I called. The hardest part of my job was working in an office that didn't have much patience for someone that is new to the company while training. The most rewarding part was making sure the clients were taken care of.
State Farm is a great place to work and build a career.
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILDecember 8, 2017
State Farm is a great place to work. A great company with employee benefits, and friendly environment. There are numerous opportunities for advancement s.
Pros
Fair employer
Great Job
Life & Health Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 7, 2017
Awesome benefits, great location. I enjoy the work life balance. The managers are hands on. I highly recommend State Farm to anyone who is looking for a long term career.
Obtained good training
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 7, 2017
I learn alot working here, however the environment is cutthroat and the pay is minimal. Also they demand alot of their workers and only reward the ones they like.
Summary
Claim Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYDecember 7, 2017
Assist claim handlers in setting up claim files, filing correspondence and other material related to claim records, set up

new claims by taking lost report calls from Insures, claimants and other parties involved in motor vehicle accidents,

Update claim files daily.

Heavy phone communication with various parties, act as relief receptionist- cover for lunch breaks and vacations, act as

translator for Spanish speaking callers, heavy faxing, copying and filing of Subpoenas and other correspondence.

Update Claim Representatives calendars for court dates and various appointments.

Functional Spanish Facilitator

Various Administrative duties
Opportunities
Service Manager/ SAFe and Agile Coach (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 7, 2017
There is an on-going IT Transformation. This is the right thing for the organization. We will be more efficient and responsive to our customers once complete.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Organizational Vision
I would recommend SF as a place to learn and grow
Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILDecember 7, 2017
The company culture is changing. You will be most successful if you are flexible and are willing to relocate to various locations.

I would not have left this organization if my job had not moved to another location
Productive and fun work place
INSURANCE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 7, 2017
Really great management and flexibility. Over all the office has a great team inviroment. I would really recommend a friend or anyone to work at the Jim garner State Farm agency.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 6, 2017
Lots of out of work activities to keep the team united. Boss is always there for the employees and any questions one had. Very family oriented environment.
Friendly customers
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Port Chester, NYDecember 6, 2017
It felt great calling people about their insurance needs because they were already in the market for it. The environment was entertaining and always busy.
Pros
Agent was great
Cons
No advancement