State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
1,508 reviews

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employer Reviews

Ever changing
Site Coordinator (Former Employee), NortheastAugust 19, 2014
a typical day at work- Non typical, something different every day
what you learned- Expect the unexpected
management - understanding
your co-workers- Reliable
the hardest part of the job- traveling
the most enjoyable part of the job- the people
Great company
Underwriting Service Assistant III (Former Employee), Duluth, GAAugust 19, 2014
Assisted underwriters and agents in creating policies for individual and commercial clients.
Great
Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAAugust 18, 2014
depending on the department you work in is the treatment you will receive, Some departments are left to work without supervision some are micromanaged. great community and benefits.
Nice summer job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Normal, ILAugust 18, 2014
Great summer job. Pretty decent pay for a college student. You sit for 8 hours so if you need to move around this isn't for you.
great palce to work
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 18, 2014
ofiice work- quoting rates- taking payments- great hours and pay
fun place
Office Administrator/Agent (Former Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 15, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: n/a
Assisting customers with insurance needs. Great management team. Most enjoyable part was helping with life insurance for all.
Smoke and Mirrors
Initial Loss Reporting (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 15, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: mangement, hr, personal development, growth oppertunites are very limited.
First of all, the benefits are great at State Farm. Its a very nice building in Phoenix AZ. Things change quick and I actually enjoyed working as an Initial Loss Reporter. However, when I started there they spoke of advancement opportunities, personal development and how they would guide you through that. Now, I am a hard worker and am always in front – more... of the curve. Within my first month I had completed an Individual development plan, completed all extra modules and was looking for a mentor. I thought they would love that and I was excited. When I shared this information with my team manager he basically said your going to fast. After six months blah blah blah.

The worst part about this job is the management and the nit picking on such small tiny details. Saying something not verbatim can get you in big trouble. HR issues are not addressed in a meaningful manner. I had a co-worker who called me derogatory racial names and talked about having people jump me and I was the one who was punished and a permanent shield was placed on my file. Because an African American made those slurs towards a Caucasian I think I had to pay the price. Nothing happened to her. – less
Great co workers and nice to help customers save money!
Jr insurance specialist (Current Employee), Wilmington, ILAugust 14, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: lower pay
This job had great 8:30-5:00 hours and I loved being able to help people and save them money
Great, comfortable, productive office to work in.
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CAAugust 14, 2014
I learned to how to handle basic office task and collect payments. While working for this company I also learned work ethic, how to call out to customers for payments and upsale. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful to me when I first started. The thing I enjoyed the most was helping the customers.
To work for an outstanding company that will give a proper opportunity to develop my career and to work with people in an environment of excellence
Insurance Account Representative (Current Employee), Arlington, TXAugust 14, 2014
 Results-driven achiever and effective team leader with exceptional interpersonal skills
 Motivated self-starter and creative problem-solver who works hard and loves challenges.
 Flexible and adaptable performer; adept at multi-tasking and thriving in a fast-paced environment.
 Creative marketing professional with experience in research paper writing, – more... case analysis and advertising.
 Strong verbal and written communication skills and experience in event management for large audience. – less
Great culture and pleasant environment to work in.
Sales Resource Technician Agency/Sales Resource (Former Employee), Irving, TXAugust 12, 2014
Pros: strong company ethics
I really enjoyed working with State Farm. There was always a helping hand by upper management to assist in any questions that you may have had. Fun working environment and lots of training to advance your career.
Overall good place to work
Claims Processor (Current Employee), dallas, TXAugust 12, 2014
Pros: relaxed dress
Cons: starting pay
as long as you have a great manager then you are able to advance
A good team...
Net developer (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILAugust 11, 2014
Net Developer (Current Employee), Madison, WI – August 11, 2014

Its good to work here. A good team . Co-workers were very helpful.

Overall good work environment.

I learn team player qualities as well as new technologies.

I worked on c#.net,MVC,web api,javascript,jquery,etc.
A well family oriented work place
Service Manager (Current Employee), Batesville, ARAugust 11, 2014
A typical day at state farm would involve me doing service work. I would check underwriting emails to see what needs to be done and communicate with my other co-workers to help them get the work load finished. Also i would scan and attach documents to the insureds policies. I would try to accomplish my day by working towards closing 2-3 bank loans everyday. – more... At the end of the day i would finish by doing the "bank" which involved me counting the cash drawer and dropping the money bag off at the bank. – less
Great Enviroment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 11, 2014
Pros: good enviroment, pay, benefits, pto
Cons: long 12 hr saturday shifts, set work schedule changes often due to call volume
A typical day at work would entail, getting to my desk, starting up my computer and pulling up all of the programs that I needed to do my job. I would review our information center to see if any changes have been made, as well as reading my emails for any updates. As soon as I was ready, I would put myself in a "ready state" to start receiving calls.

I – more... learned how to defuse a lot of situations by listening and taking ownership.
Management was great, my supervisor was always very helpful and reassuring.
The hardest part of this job was having angry customers call in that wanted to speak to their agent and wanted me to do things and answer questions that were out of my scope. They could get very aggressive at times and that would be kind of stressful.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the people that I worked with. I worked on an excellent team where we all got along and helped and motivated each other. – less
Good place to settle down
Informatica Solution designer,Tech Lead,Lead Dev (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILAugust 8, 2014
Pros: excelllent work life balance
Cons: sometimes you feel bored because of the shortage of work
good place to work and settle down. Excellent work life balance.
Wonderful place to work
Independent Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Tamarac, FLAugust 7, 2014
Pros: great lunch times.
Cons: there were no real cons working for state farm.
A typical day was adjusting first and third party claims.
I learned how to read police reports, investigate automobile accidents and settle claims.
I had a wonderful management team.
I had wonderful co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was customers who felt they should be give more for their accident damages.
The most enjoyable part of the job was – more... field investigations. – less
A good job to get to know your clients
Small Business Representative (Current Employee), Fort Collins CoAugust 7, 2014
Cons: lack of quality training
Its a good place to be if you like being indoors and having a steddy schedule. The training in severely lacking with causes a very steap learning curve. There are no benefits like WC or retirement. You do have the potenial for bonuses.
New position and did not understand environment
Licensed Office Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 7, 2014
Pros: christmas dinner out
Cons: working in a small office after being in a large environment
wrote apps and took payments'
obtained my licenses
no comment on management

some coworkers were nice

working in small office

working in small office
Can be a great place to work and make friends for a lifetime.
Underwriter (Former Employee), Woodbury, MNAugust 6, 2014
Pros: great people to work with. employee credit union. education benefits.
Cons: office relocated to lincoln ne 03/2006
Get into work, you greet your co-workers good morning and start work. Most of your work is in a queu to process. Your supervisior typically walks through the team to say good morning and hello and let you know about if a co-worker is not coming in for the day. Then its decided how that workers work will be processed by the team for that day and how – more... phone coverage will be accomplished. The day progresses with work, brakes and lunch.

Good place to work. Company encourages education. Has its own education department, that classes can be taken during the work day for job enrichment. Company pays for college education when approval. State Farm promotes its employees from within.

You receive a rose on your birthday and get to select and receive a christmas gift each year from a catalog of gifts.You select and receive an anniversary gift on special anniversary dates. You can participate in an the State Farm Employee Credit Union. You make friends, not just co-workers. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm is a family of insurance and financial services companies that together serve tens of millions of customers in the – Read more

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Photos