State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
1,579 reviews

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employer Reviews

Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oceanside, CASeptember 15, 2014
Great company & staff, very professional and fair. All coworkers worked as a team.
Good job stability, but undercompensated for workload
Underwriting Service Assistant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Great job, great company. Lot of work, little pay. Assistants do the bulk of the work, and there is constant training that is really inconsistent. Benefits could be better, but a good job for long term.
A day in the life of a BI Claims Processor
BI Claim Processor (Former Employee), Ballston Spa, NYSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: health benefits, paid vacations, management who was willing to work with you on things like time off requests
Cons: the declination of employee perks over the years that helped keep morale positive
A typical day of a claims processor includes answering incoming phone calls from customers involved in motor vehicle and Bodily Injury claims. These calls spanned a range of assistance with the Bodily Injury portion of the claims, or the Property Damage portion of their claims. The BI portions were mostly consistent of questions regarding forms and – more... mail they received from State Farm that they need further clarification on. The PD portion were customers needing assistance in getting their vehicles repaired or obtaining a rental vehicle while the repairs were taking place. As a processor, it was my job to assist in getting the vehicles inspected for repairs and setting up rental reservations for customers.

I learned valuable customer service skills while with State Farm. While the entire 17 year tenure was not spent entirely in claims, each position helped me to learn and grow. – less
Good job for a college student
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), LouisvilleSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: resume builder, easy going
Cons: sales, cold calling
I got an internship with a local office in Louisville, KY. Get to learn the ropes of how to work in an office environment. Everyone was friendly. I would recommend it to anyone who is trying to get some experience on their resume.
Professional workplace
Customer Service; Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZSeptember 13, 2014
Was able to learn many skills. Working in a professional work place taught me professionalism, and being the best of my ability.
UNPROFESIONAL
Sales Agent/Financial Advisor (Former Employee), ORLANDOSeptember 13, 2014
BAD SERVICE
AGENT WAS ALMOST NEVER AT OFFICE
BAD ETHICS AND UNPROFESIONAL ENVIRONTMENT
Insurance Job
Sales & Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Rancho Santa Margarita, CASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: long meetings
The co workers are all pretty cool. Expect long meetings though...
BOA
Underwriting Service Assistant (Current Employee), Richardson, TXSeptember 12, 2014
Cons: not effecient training, lay-offs
The work line was always open for new projects. The hardest part was learning the training. They trained for about a week or 2 then sent you to the floor.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tempe, AZSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: benefits, flexible hours, taslking to people around the country
Cons: headaches caused by telephone and computers, not active enough work
At State Farm call center is focused on developing their employees and providing outstanding customer service. A day is spent on the phone answering inbound calls regarding any new/existed claims, make payments, updating information or adding vehicles and general questions about their account. They say we are a State Farm Family everyone is nice and – more... professional. The hardest part is just simply the call center job. It is tough and mentally exhausting work. Most enjoyable part of the day is when I can make something good in someone's day. – less
I was a contractor
Vendor Sourcing Analyst (Former Employee), Peoria, ILSeptember 12, 2014
I was a contractor, No frills. Just there to accomplish key goals.
decent place to work, wonderful clients
Insurance Account Representative (Former Employee), Clearfield, PASeptember 11, 2014
i really enjoyed working here, just found what i thought was a better opprotunity.
Agent Assistant (Former Employee), Bangor, MichiganSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: helped people
Cons: management
As an agent assistant at State Farm Ins, i believe that the most enjoyable part of this job was being able to help people who did not speak English very well. I believe that when it comes to insurance, it is fundamental to deeply understand the matter. I usually translated a lot and it was a great feeling. Another thing i always had to do was send out – more... letters to customers regarding late payments o notices. Also i would answer the phone or even make phone calls to remind customers of their payment status. – less
Great work place with great people and a gym!
Catastrophe Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 11, 2014
I really liked working there. It was great! Good people and a great working environment. I would like to return there and finish my career with State Farm.
I love it
Quote and Bind Representative (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits
Great place to work, short hours on a part time basis, and more
Provided Experience
Assisting existing clients (Former Employee), Liverpool, NYSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: making customers happy
Cons: no beneifits
A typical day at work in included arriving at the office every day opening the office at 9am and closing the office at 5pm. I was a key holder of the office. I am a Personal Lines Licensed insurance representative. I would put application in place for the customers needs, advise them on what is in the policy they selected. I also received phone called – more... on a daily basis for regarding billing questions and payments.

I had the opportunity to grow in my office management skills, computer skills and customers interest.

The owner/manager of the State Farm Office was there 3 to 4 days out of the week. Management could have provided more guideline in the office setting. It was up to myself to learn and grow with out much guidance. Which I did not mind, but it is nice to get so feed back on how one is doing at their job. thankful I was always able to seek feed back from calling the regional office for guidance.

In regards to the co-workers there was one, she came and left as she pleased. She was with the company for many years so she was able to teach me a few thing, and on the other hand I was also showing both her and the Agent how to learn the new system and the old system and but the to together in working order.

The hardest part of my job was hearing the customer disappointment that they never see their Agent or could ever speak to him since he was rarely in the office. I would always assure the consumer that everything would be taken care of no matter if he was there or not. To my dissatisfaction there were not correct lunch breaks. There would be many days in which I never left the office and did not have a break.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the customers, making sure that everything they need was handled correctly. Sometimes that included to what another co-worker had done and revising it up to the customers satisfaction. Another enjoyable part of my job was when many customers would call or come in and ask just for my assistants. – less
Great boos to work for
Agent Staff (Former Employee), Coeburn, VASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: good compensation benefits
Cons: small market area
A typical day consisted of cold calling and being outgoing while selling the product. The environment as with any office environment is stressful at times but overall a good place to work.
NA
Unknown (Former Employee), UnknownSeptember 10, 2014
State Farm was a great company to work for. However, there is no room for growth.
Great experience
Insurance Agency Representative (Former Employee), Garner, NCSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule and compensation
Working for an Agent is great experience for Customer Service and Insurance products.
Good work experience at statefarm
Middleware Administrator (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILSeptember 10, 2014
Good Team and Great working experience at statefarm. Huge environment and complex applications
fun work place
sales (Former Employee), jacksonville flSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: 30 min lunch
Cons: 1 break
great opportunity while working as in customer service rep.

1 2 3 4 5

About State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five – Read more

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Photos