State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
2,007 reviews

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employer Reviews

Great learning experience
Office Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 2, 2015
I dealt with customer service for the most part and it helped me improve my communication and speaking skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to learn about our customers when they came into the office.
I have met a lot of great people working here
Insurance Sales Representative (Current Employee), Carol StreamMarch 2, 2015
Overall I have enjoyed my experience working at State Farm. The insurance business is 24/7 nonstop. My job was to bring new business to the agency I worked for and I did this through marketing our office, cold calling, emails, and referrals. Met a lot of great people here so far that have helped me grow into a better leader and salesperson. This job is for those looking to pursue their own agency. If its not then don't waste your time.
A Great place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILMarch 2, 2015
Pros: management was very active with team
Cons: communication between departments
Everyday was a new adventure. Continued education on systems and programs put in to place. Learned to think outside of the box for customers while remain in federal bank regulations. Assisting co workers with agent and/or customers issues and concerns. Co workers and management was always willing to help with any issues. The most enjoyable part was being able to help our agents and customers on any given day.
Stae Farm
Insurance Agent/Producer (Current Employee), Dunwoody, GAMarch 2, 2015
Great pay, say starts with a team huddle followed by reviewing of sales goal prior day and same date of.No good work life balance over worked with no apprecation.
Fun Workplace
Technical Analyst / Office Application Support II (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAMarch 2, 2015
• Handle projects and assignments with minimal supervision
• Provide high level design solutions, problem resolution, long-term
maintenance and enhancement services for custom developed business applications
using Enterprise development tool-sets
• Escalate complex incidents to third tier support as needed
• Educate customer’s on how to avoid future related problems and may serve as customer’s
contact for status and/or customer concurrence of problem resolution
Great Experience!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXMarch 1, 2015
I worked at State Farm Insurance (Agent Rick Crawford) as a Customer Service Representative my senior year of high school until I left for college.
It was my second business job ever and I loved it! I was treated with respect and was trained accordingly.
My coworkers and boss were friendly and honest.
I learned more than I could have ever imagined about insurance policies as well as customer service.
Honestly, one of the best job experiences I have ever had. I highly recommend working for Agent Rick Crawford.
Was a great place to work
Secretary II (Former Employee), Concordville, PAMarch 1, 2015
Worked here for 14 years. Excellent pay, a lot of employee cliques though. Seems like they hired anyone just to fill spots in claims. Company definitely went downhill the longer I worked for them. Some managers were nice, other were arrogant and thought they were better than employees.
Productive and Fun work place.
Windows Admin (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILFebruary 28, 2015
State Farm is really a nice place to work. Management was very cooperative and helpful. My coworkers are also very cooperative.
interesting work everyday is different
sales and office manager (Former Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: working with all walks of life
Cons: verbal abuse by unsatisfied customers
since the office was a street front office the day began by cleaning the front of the office of any debris.proceed to start the computers going, check e-mails,phone messages,office supplies,check everything is in working order.all of this takes place by answering phones and taking care of walk in customers.
the main core of the job was to sell insurance,process claims and help customers either by insurance sales selection and through claims processing.
the hardest part of the job was not being able to completely satisfy a customer.
the best part was just the opposite.
fun place with great people
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), West Orange, NJFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: fun place
Cons: not much room for advancement
i learned a lot about the insurance business and many other clerical duties. the office was filled with great people and had great times. easy work
Poor management, and hostile work environment
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Walterboro, SCFebruary 27, 2015
Very poor management and training, hostile and unfriendly work environment. No program for training, unanswered questions when you need help. Manager never in office always out on personal leave.
Insurance a must have.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hillsdale, MIFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: learned a lot about insurance
Selling automobile, mortgage, & life insurance, which I totally believe in, was an experience. I enjoyed working with the clients and getting to know those that I didn't already know. Helping people is very rewarding.
Agent Team Member
Claims Representative (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 26, 2015
I loved working for an agent, flexible work day, sales driven. The day is full of meeting interesting people. It is necessary to obtain licenses depending on your role but especially if you are in sales.
High Stress No Compensation
Claims Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: co-workers, some benefits
Cons: pay, no life-work balance, no room for advancement
Must always have time in mind as every second of your day is micro managed by workforce management. There is very little time for breaks - if you are able to take one at all and lunch is only 30 minutes.

You'll definitely have to plan your life around them so be prepared to sacrifice your entire life agenda for theirs. You must be ready and able to work all claim files and answer phones at the time you are told and don't think for a minute that your ideas (even if great) will be taken into consideration.

If you plan to move up, make sure to make the right connections early because ultimately, it will be your manager's decision whether or not you can even APPLY for another position within the company. That was a shocker - since when do we have to have a manager's approval to apply for even a remote opportunity to be interviewed?

Thank God for co-workers! They are what will get you through the day and the best part of working here - you get to meet people from all walks in life and will be able to vent with one another about how much longer you'll be able to take this nonsense.

The best part of the day? Going home to kind human beings!
A fast-paced environment with growth opportunities.
Claims Adjustor (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: benefits, education
Cons: dental insurance provides only limited orthodontics coverage.
State Farm provides an opportunity to learn many different aspects of the insurance industry, to handle a wide variety of claims and to provide excellent customer service to policyholders.
Team environment
Claims Associate (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: health insurance first day of employment
Cons: switched managers and teams every 6 months
A typical day at work were you took calls from the 50 states and input auto claim information in the system. Worked in a team environment of 12 people which I really enjoyed. The management met with you weekly and went over your progress. The hardest part of the job was when you would get a fatality call those could be quite difficult. I enjoyed everything about the job especially the team meetings everyday and going over your numbers and seeing your improvement.
Great benefits, competitive environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Like all sales job the environment that the company created fostered competition among employees. There was freedom to create your own selling and marketing strategies based on your strengths which made the typical day to day very fun.
Good beenfits & good company
Underwriting Service Assistant (Former Employee), Sandy Springs, GAFebruary 25, 2015
State Farm is a group of insurance and financial services companies in the United States. The company also has operations in Canada.

The group's main business is State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, a mutual insurance firm that also owns the other State Farm companies. The corporate headquarters are in Bloomington, Illinois.

State Farm is ranked 44th in the 2013 Fortune 500, which lists American companies by revenue.[5]
Outstanding management skills,
Catastrophe Claim Service Assistant (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILFebruary 24, 2015
Assisting with policy and procedures
Calim entry
Daily training
Catastrophe claim handling
Data services
Executive assistant
Speacialize in reporting and strategic planning
Learned a lot
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee), Croton-on-Hudson, NYFebruary 24, 2015
Office staff was helpful and helped to develop leadership skills. Taught me the importance of customer service and networking.

1 2 3 4 5

About State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five cars on the road is insured with State – Read more

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Photos