State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
1,800 reviews

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employer Reviews

Nice and friendly environment
Claims Associate Express (Current Employee), Richardson, TXDecember 25, 2014
Pros: training, cafeteria on campus
Cons: short lunch, salary compared to all the work you have to do
A typical day at work these days is, answering phones, working tasks as scheduled and you have to pay attention to time! I've learned a lot about auto policies and that some states are harder to work or should I say more time consuming than others. The most enjoyable part of the job is when taking calls, and you can make the person on the other end – more... of the call smile or laugh! – less
good co-workers and good friends
Personal Line Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 23, 2014
Excellent underwriters at the home office, very friendly and helpful
Very business like atmosphere.
Office Representative (Current Employee), Fontana, CADecember 23, 2014
Pros: nice workplace
Cons: short lunch, no parking
State farm is a great company.
unfortunately management sucks and the whole training process is very confusing
Great people but no chance in promotions
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Irving, TXDecember 23, 2014
Pros: learning about industry in great
Cons: short breaks, benefits
Great company with an amazing training session. Learned a lot about the insurance industry. But the chances of moving up in this company are far to none.
It was quiet and boring
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Hillsdale, NJDecember 23, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no benefits
It was just myself and another producer working to create new business for our agency.
Great place for a Sales person
CSR/Office Manager (Former Employee), Manteca, CADecember 21, 2014
Pros: clients
Cons: sales requirements
This position is wonderful for that person with a Sales mentality as sales drive the entire workplace.

I worked for a variety of Agents in the Central Valley. If one retired I would move to another Agent who had a position open. I loved working with the people and most of the other staff members. Some agents were wonderful to work for and the environment – more... was fun and laughter was plentiful.

Others were all business and all about sales.

I learned quickly that I loved the paperwork - organizing it, pulling it all together, meeting with the client to complete it.

However, just as quickly I learned that I am not a sales person. Every person I talked to, no matter what the issue, was required to be turned into another sale so that the Agent could meet his/her monthly quota. I see clients as people, not potential sales. – less
Fast Pace Work
Operations Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 20, 2014
State Farm is a place that requires the employees to work directly with customers. The environment is very fast place and somewhat stressful, but pleasing the customer is the reward.
Small business within large corp
Property and Casualty Manager (Current Employee), Dayton, OHDecember 20, 2014
It is truly the best of both worlds. I work in a small office with 4 people with a ton of flexibility, with the backing of a large company.
Great benefits & environment
Claims Associate-Express (Former Employee), Tempe, AZDecember 19, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at State Farm, from start to finish. The environment that is created/ supported by the employees is as positive as one could hope for, the opportunity for advancement is abundant, and the benefits are outstanding.
Probably would have worked out better with proper training
Property & Casualty Insurance Representative (Former Employee), Brighton, MIDecember 19, 2014
I really feel that if I was properly trained at State Farm then it would have been a great job. I worked for an agent that was only an agent part time and worked mostly out of the office. I was the only full time representative in the office and 100% of my training was through the State Farm computer programs.
Professional and enjoyable work environment.
Office Manager (Current Employee), Barrington, ILDecember 18, 2014
State Farm is an excellent company to be associated with!
Excellent support and leadership. Working with clients and potential clients is always an interesting experience either on the phone or the occasional office visitor.Customer service is the largest part of the office experience.
Amazing Job With Great Development Opportunities!
Agent's Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Dubuque, IADecember 17, 2014
Pros: flexibility, learning opportunities
Cons: benefits
I have been blessed to be part of an organization the deeply cares about their client’s needs. Through this position I have gained additional skills that are helpful now and will be helpful in the future. I am truly thankful for the opportunity to work with incredible individuals on a daily basis.
NA
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Hyattsville, MDDecember 17, 2014
I worked for a very short period of time with the school
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping children
State Licensed Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 16, 2014
This job taught me alot first out of college about working. The hours were good and the environment. It was a good mix of coworkers.
Best Insurance Company Around
Insurance Sales Representative (Current Employee), North Myrtle Beach, SCDecember 16, 2014
Pros: health insurance, life insurance, etc.
Cons: customers come to you for advice, and use that advice when purchasing a policy from a low-rent company.
State Farm is the best company around consistently when it comes to paying claims. However, being a company that is old school, they tend to struggle with change. They will often give us an advantage that we are thrilled about, only to take it back a week or two later. Plus, the applications change quite often as well.
Supportive agent
Administrative assistant (Former Employee), Dolton, ILDecember 16, 2014
Pros: supportive environment
Cons: travel distance
Very willing to help me improve my sales ability. Trusted that I knew what I was doing, but also knew I would ask for help if it was beyond my expertise or range of authority.
Fun, exciting and great people
Auto Claim Processor (Former Employee), Dallas TXDecember 16, 2014
Pros: benefits, paid vacations/ personal days off, 1 day off to participate in school activities
Cons: low salaries
I really enjoyed my career at State Farm.

The people were great to work with.
I had to end my career with State Farm due to their migration to downsize its operation.

I learned everything about investigating, negotiating and settling auto claims/

The employees were helpful and encouraging.

The most enjoyable part of my career was the people and – more... the incentives. – less
Productive work place wonderful people, everyone works as a team
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 15, 2014
Pros: not having to work weekends.
Cons: only being part time.
Come in begin, beginning of day, once finished with that we begin following up on other things that need to be done such as mailing and filing letter.
I have become more efficient in multitasking.
The management is easy going, and makes the work environment but still expects work to be done in a correctly and timely manner.
My co-workers are joyful – more... and makes the work environment enjoyable.
The hardest part of the job is having to continuously "tracking" down customer to receive payments. the most enjoyable part of the job is being surrounded by a people that work as a team and enjoy their and are happy. – less
Statefarm really encourages advancements....
Quote and Bind-Sales (Former Employee), Richardson, TXDecember 15, 2014
Pros: good team spirit. best welcome team ever
Cons: insurance requires you to work irregular hours
It is a very stable place to work with good benefits. After the first year they are interested in you moving up like no other copany I have worked for. They have a good training program and the best team spirit ever. I enjoyed being a part of the statefarm team.
Great workplace
Tim Doser's Office- Receptionist (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZDecember 15, 2014
Working in this office was great, Very easy to get along with the team and with Tim.

1 2 3 4 5

About State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five – Read more

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Photos