State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
2,415 reviews

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Busy work environment with lots of customer interaction and talking on the phone.
Claim Associate (Current Employee), Columbia, MOJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Yearly raises and incentives good retirement benefits
Cons: Micromanaging and mandatory overtime
There are lots of changes happening within the company. The focus is becoming less about the quality and more about numbers. Constantly being measured against fellow employees and your numbers directly affect your annual raise. Be prepared to work most holidays. That being said they do give yearly raises with performance cash bonuses and incentives.
Ok place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee), DeSoto, TXJuly 27, 2015
Pretty good place to work, Good hours, nice pay, decent management and co-workers. Would recommend.No weekends and holidays off.
Great job
ILR (Former Employee), phoenix, azJuly 27, 2015
Pros: owner
Cons: upset customers
Assisted customers with taking auto claims. Made sure all the proper information was collected and then passed the data to nthe correct department.
Productive and enjoyable work place with new challenges everyday.
Collection Representative-Home Equity (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILJuly 27, 2015
A growing work place with supportive management. A work place that allows for personal growth and development. The most enjoyable part of my job is being available to help others succeed.
ok company
Claims Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, gaJuly 26, 2015
Atlanta-great benefits, low pay, managers are ok. Takes time to move up. The hardest pay of the job was the overwhelming workload and the crazy customer calls.
Complete Organizational Overhaul
Auto Claim Processor (Current Employee), Greeley, COJuly 26, 2015
Pros: benefit packages
Cons: reorganization
State Farm as an Enterprise is currently in a state of flux which creates uncertainty in the workplace. Advancement is hard to come by and it seems like it will be this way for the next couple of years.
very productive company
Adjuster Trainee/ Ladder assist. (Former Employee), ALJuly 25, 2015
Pros: meeting new new people and helping help them..
Cons: you can't always help everybody
very good company to work for. great schedule. long hours. but you great a good amount time off and overtime when needed.
Fast pace, productive team work enviroment
Licensed Agent (Current Employee), Pinole, CAJuly 25, 2015
Pros: A great Team, Great Bosses, Great working Enviroment, and The benefit of helping people
Cons: No benefits, little PTO
A typical day at work is managing our clients files, making sure everything issues correctly and help our clients with any questions or concerns they may have. Making calls to our clients to make sure that polices don't cancel and that the underwriting process goes smoothly. Each day there is something new to learn. I've learned to handle situation with efficiency and ease for my clients to make their time less stressful and promptly as possible.
I work with 2 great bosses who not only strive on hard work and take the time to teach us but also make our working environment fun and joyful. The hardest part of my job is when I have to tell our clients that their case is not covered with State Farm. To see their faces with disappointment is taught on me, especially when I have done everything I could possibly do to help them. The most important part of my job is to know that I've helped my clients to have the proper coverage for any future risks that may occur.
Productive learning experience.
Office Manager/Representative (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Team lunches and celebrations.
Cons: Making sure all training made available to me was offered
A typical day in the agent's office consisted of primarily of customer service and sales. The agent's office was small and consisted of three other employees besides the agent and myself. I was able to devote my time to the employees when needed and provide customer service to our clients. As a Senior Claims Processor for the corporate office in Murfreesboro, TN, I had great co-workers who embraced the idea of teamwork. Management was always in close proximity to answer any questions or concerns that we may have had. The hardest part of both positions was dealing with large numbers of claims. We worked diligently to get the claims handled and to make sure the clients were satisfied. The most enjoyable part of the positions was supplying good customer service.
Productive and competitve work environment
Licensed Insurance Representative (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Great Hours/Pay
Cons: May not be for everyone.
A typical day with State Farm would be to come in review emails, learn about any changes in policies and inform clients. I learned that there is self satisfaction with assisting those in need, especially when people least expect it. The Agent I worked for went above and beyond to help us succeed and be better with life/work balances. My coworkers kept the environment friendly yet competitive.

The hardest part of the job would be telling a customer that there wasn't anything I could do for them, or not being properly covered in the event of a catastrophic loss.

The best part would be the people I was able to help and give second chances.
Summary
ILR Claims Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Good company great benefits
Cons: No advancement
State Farm is a great place to work, but not for advancement. I have enjoyed working at the company and my co workers. The hardest part of my job is knowing that someone is hurt or was possibly killed in a car accident. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to put a smile on people face and let them know that I care.
Good Expereince
Personal Lines Customer Service (Former Employee), Conway, ARJuly 24, 2015
This was just a temporary assignment for about 6 months, and since State Farm is geared more towards Personal Lines insurance, it was a change for me, as I am a Commercial Lines person; but it was great experience.
Gained knowledge of personal lines with some commercial experience
Insurance Service and Office Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles area, CAJuly 23, 2015
This job provided an opportunity to use my management skills and work with policy holders to make a positive experience for everyone involved. Making sure policy holders were properly insured, protect their assets and their future was the priority. Setting priorities overseeing office duties was part of the job which was done efficiently.
A Pandora's box of customer service
Paid Intern (Former Employee), Portland, TNJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Rewarding work, quality coworkers
Cons: At times could be draining.
The work at State Farm in a customer service position was highly rewarding, but draining at times. It was entirely dependent on the customers that called in or came in through the door. Some days were so hectic that you didn't have any recovery time between customers while others it was so slow it could be mistaken for a morgue. The company itself was a very relaxed and fun environment to work in. Granted it had its faults, but no more than any other office environment.
Great team, fun place to work
Team Member, Hatanpa State Farm (Current Employee), Mankato, MNJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: none
Hatanpa State Farm is an excellent place to work. The Agent is an excellent leader and cares about every person on his team. He creates fun challenges to make sales goals exciting to reach!
Sales
Sales (Former Employee), Manchester, MOJuly 22, 2015
Great Management who invested a lot time in teaching employees how to improve there skill in the work place. Not only for the company but for the team as a whole.
Productive work place
Life Customer Service Asst (Current Employee), New Albany, OHJuly 22, 2015
I have some of the best co-workers that anyone could ever ask for, also State Farm has a lot of cubical space with room, the hardest part of the job is dealing with the low salary.
The work timing is best here. I have learnt new technologies like mainframe,DB2,Pentaho here
Business Analyst/Senior ETL Informatia Developer (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILJuly 22, 2015
Good working experience
Best place to work
The client is very cool and very co-operative
I have learnt many new technologies here like: mainframe,DB2,Pentaho
A first class organization with professional staff and management
Senior Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Pension and other benefits
Cons: A company wide change in proceedures, which reduced everything down to formulaic statistical methods, as opposed to individualized handling on merits.
I was responsible for handling a high volume of bodily injury claims - (a case load of over 200 files), most claimants were attorney represented. My job was to analyze liability, review medical records to determine the extent of injuries and determine a range of value, then negotiate settlements with claimant attorneys within that range.
I was able to settle close to 90% of claims within my value range.

When a negotiated settlement was not reached and suit was filed, I would work with our defense counsel on litigation strategy, depositions and mediations, and be the company representative if the case went to trial, a majority of which we prevailed.

I learned valuable negotiation and interpersonal skills, management and co-workers were friendly and professional. The hardest part was the high volume of claims, the most enjoyable was negotiating settlements with attorneys from a position of strength and better knowledge of the claim facts.
Great People
Team Member (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 22, 2015
A little slow some days but overall fun. It is a learning environment. My coworkers are great and we have became close. Everyone is caring and family based. I have learned a lot about insurance I didn't know and still learning more. Maybe one day I ll be a agent

1 2 3 4 5

About State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five cars on the road is insured with State – Read more

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Salaries