State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,941 reviews matching the search
Great job
ILR Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 4, 2016
Loved it. Job itself wad very hard. Managers have your back and are constantly helping you improve so you can move forward in the company.
Pros
Helpful management and co-workers
Cons
difficult job, short lunches
State Farm, gave me what I needed.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Cooper City, FLMay 2, 2016
I was able to work part-time close to home, to be near to my children.

My typical day would have me answering emails, phone calls - handling all fire products for State Farm, as well as Citizens, the Take Out Carriers and the Citizens Clearinghouse. I would take the first call, quote, bind, upload the applications, and follow through until issuance. I would service the policies for the customers as well. I was also well versed in Flood Insurance.
Pros
Close to home, kids
Cons
Low pay, health insurance
changed over the years
Claims Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAMay 2, 2016
State farm use to be a great company now it has completely changed! No work life balance, management not interested. over work and under paid
Good work culture
Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMay 1, 2016
The work culture is good.The Management is good and the co-workers are good and co operative.I learned many good things.
EOM is not good
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 30, 2016
The company has a new EOM approach which has basically made life difficult for everyone including employees and customers. Everything you do is on a timer. You literally have to set a timer and keep up with a "productivity tool". So you have to try to do an investigation within so many minutes(10-12 minutes I think). If you go over the time your numbers will look bad and then you have to explain yourself in front of the whole team the next day(they call it a huddle). Kinda sucks. So they have managed to reduce their employees into trying to cheat the system to make their numbers look good. That's where all the focus is...the numbers. If you see you're running out of time to do that investigation you have to wrap it up and all quality goes out the window. Employees are under stress trying to meet these requirements and it doesn't make a "remarkable" experience for customers either. Especially when you can't spend the time needed for that particular case. another thing, now they have changed the vacation and personal time off you get from a set amount for the year to an accumulate with time standard. I'm just waiting for them to take away the pension next. People are talking about retirement and other job opportunities every where you look. I wish the company would undo this EOM approach. Get rid of Verint. Get rid of productivity tool. Quit making life harder on your employees. Happy employees make happy customers. Just my opinion.
Pros
Job security, weekends off, making a difference
Cons
Micromanaged, unhappy employees, low pay
A relaxed environment in an office type setting talking on the phone
Marketing Researcher (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILApril 30, 2016
A typical day at my last job was sitting in an office for several hours talking on the phone with former State Farm insureds and inputting their information into the computer system. I learned how to effectively communicate with other people as well as strengthening my keyboarding and computer skills. The management was not very engaging when it came to the individual goals of the employees. The co-workers that I had worked with did not work with much compassion for the job, it was more so for the money and because it was an easy job with little expectations. The hardest part of the job was figuring out how to satisfy and say the proper things to the irate customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with everyone whether it be the co-workers, management, or customers on a daily basis.
Pros
interacting with people on a constant basis to try and help others.
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, very little tasks.
I thought I would enjoy the environment, but unfortunately, I did not. Selling insurance seemed interested and may have been enjoyable somewhere else.
Multi Line Representative, Sales (Former Employee) –  New Martinsville, WVApril 29, 2016
It was not what I expected. AT ALL. I didn't want to feel like that annoying, nagging, sales lady. This is a small town area and everyone seems to know everything about everyone. I had a more comfortable experience working and interacting with customers and clients I did not know. It was more comfortable for me and didn't give me the feeling of personal rejection. It's hard for me to sell things to people I know, it makes me feel like I'm begging, especially selling insurance. Something you need and never see. It's much easier to sell a physical item that people can see.
Cons
No Insurance coverage. Go figure. I sell insurance and can't get insurance. lol
no comment
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Astoria, NYApril 29, 2016
no comment at the current time
easy flexibile schedule
always busy
i need to keep writing something here so i can go to the next page
Great Place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  MissouriApril 29, 2016
Good place to work. I would go to work and get ready to make calls to customs and try to see if could get their information for a quote or see if they would want insurance. My boss was very laid back and was easy to work with. I had a lot of good co-workers. They made the day go by faster and easy to joke around with.
N/a
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCApril 28, 2016
The agent is one of the most knowledgeable professionals I have ever worked for. The team members are very helpful and keeps the office running in a professional atmosphere.
Exciting
Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 28, 2016
State Farm was an exciting place to work. However, their training was quite sub par which made the job difficult at times.
Interesting place to work and interact with clients
Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 28, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility of the job. They were willing to work with me while I was getting my MBA.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
No breaks
A pleasant place to work.
Insurance Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAApril 27, 2016
State Farm has a comfortable work environment. They have very nice amenities is the work place. The employees there are pretty friendly. I have learned to really mutli task in this position. The stringent time restraints that are put on the the work day are the part of the job that I don't like. I am used to working in a more relaxed work requirement. I had daily and monthly deadlines in my previous job not the minute and hourly time frames like this one.
Pros
Pleasant manager, helpful co-workers, comfortable work area
Cons
Distance form my house, the way leave is earned
Has been a good company long-term; downsizing with my present position
Workforce Management Analyst/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDApril 27, 2016
I oversee 150-200 employees in call center; monitoring phone activity and adjusting staffing needs accordingly. It has been a rewarding experience to have a direct impact on meeting the needs of our customers. I have enjoyed the rapport that I have established with my co-workers and upper management. I thoroughly enjoy providing excellent customer service. The hardest challenge is when the company's goal does not align with what I think it should be -- to achieve a balance of phones and tasks to meet needs of calling customers as well as those with pending claims. The most enjoyable part of the day is when I achieve a balance of phones and tasks and maintain exceptional service levels for both phones and tasks service level objectives.
Pros
Exceptional benefits
Cons
Recent reorganization and replacement of experienced workers
Not a Competitive Market
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 26, 2016
Recent rate increases have driven away a lot of our customers and only a few can be sold on the brand, 90% of people are shopping on price and are unwilling to switch carriers.
Great company to work for
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLApril 26, 2016
Dedicated team, and Manager was very helpful and interested in seeing her team grow within. Due to personal matters I had to leave it was the hardest thing to do, knowing the growth I missed.
Informatica/ETL Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILApril 26, 2016
State Farm is an American group of insurance and financial services companies in the United States.

The group's main business is State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, a mutual insurance firm that also owns the other State Farm companies.
Great Benefits
Quote and Bind Sales Repsentative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 25, 2016
this Company has great perks and advancement in the company. The culture isn't stressful. There's advancement within the company if you're willing to advance your education.
Great Company
Insurance Account Representative/Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 25, 2016
They know what they are doing and are very good at it. They have a lot of changes and make quick decisions. It is an ever changing environment, but there are lots of room for growth with this company
Pros
work life balance is awesome
Starting to become innovative
Underwriter II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2016
A typical day at State Farm was becoming innovative. I learned, the company that was once known for its family and more matured consumer base has managed to gear its organization toward a younger generation and more of a diverse consumer base internal and external, leaning more toward a technological industry. I applaud the company for adopted a marketing strategy in a more sports related industry. Management within the organization appeared antiquated, and micro managing. Hence, a micro managing leadership style did help me to develop great organizational and time management skills. Never the less, leadership is well knowledgeable of the companies history and not shy of keeping the new employees abreast to the importance of the organizations history which plays a huge role in the companies financial stability. I leaned to appreciate the company's history and gained a wealth of knowledge to pass on. My co-workers were of a diverse culture, which made learning and presenting new ideas an asset. If i had to express a difficult part of my responsibilities at this organization it would be, experiencing a death of a policy older and and explaining to a loyal policy holder that has been with the company for many years and who has made no claims, "how come their premium increased". I became the best. One other, adapting to new changes while launching a new underwriting center was challenging, but beneficial. The most enjoyable part of working with this organization, was the customer service internal and external, and coming from a sales industry of tenured and new agents and having  more... the opportunity to experience the operational side of organization as a underwriter. I gained a lot of knowledge and built external rapport working in the insurance industry.  less