State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,208 reviews matching the search
Productive, supportive work place
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COAugust 26, 2016
Office environment is a team environment and everyone is encouraged to succeed. The management is driven to see their staff become successful.
Okay comapany to work for
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 26, 2016
If you're in claims your job comes before family, the hours do not support the work/life balance they claim they care about. They are starting to treat us like we work at the local mall, and the pay the lowest out of all insurance companies in the area to do the same job.
Be attentative
Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXAugust 25, 2016
I learned that you need to listen to your customers concerns and base your suggestions based off of what they need. People have different needs at different times so be open to communicating.
Amazing benefits and amazing people and company
ILR Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 24, 2016
State Fam knows how to take care of their employees. Their company is an amazing company to work for they do a great job training their employees and making life livable for them it's truly an amazing work environment
Terrible place to work
Customer Service Representativeatla (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2016
This company use to care about their employees. We are 90 years old. A new person took over and he does not care about you as an employee. I do not recommend this company.
Pros
Cons
Too many to menrion
good company
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Northlake, ILAugust 24, 2016
this company is a good company to work for. my coworkers were extremely friendly. customers were very nice, and it was fun helping them learn about different types of insurance options.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Productive team environment.
Claims Associate for Injury Claims (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNAugust 23, 2016
A typical day at work is a fast paced environment with queue work and telephone calls from customers. I have learned to be flexible and productive managing my workload. Management is supportive of my goals and helps me reach them. My co-workers are encouraging, supportive, and give constructive feedback as needed. The hardest part of my job is learning my new role and the various systems I need to use to do complete tasks. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping others. I enjoy being able to help my customers, team members, and management by providing assistance when needed.
Pros
Benefits, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Flexibility in work schedule
Productive and Educational place to work.
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSAugust 22, 2016
This establishment has been a great experience. I have learned so much in the short time of being here. I know there is a lot of room for growth within this company. Unfortunately benefits are not included if you are working under an agent.
Nice company
Claim Associate-Express (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 22, 2016
Good company, could be better. Could be better at advancing people, more open positions. Could have more employees; overbearing workload most of the time. Metrics set too high. Could be a lot less micromanaging; more festivities for the employees.

Learn a lot though as far as insurance and how it works, what's covered, not covered and why. Get to make liability decisions.
Pros
By 75 in Richardson, by train station
Cons
Short breaks, micromanaged
Fun workplace
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILAugust 22, 2016
The workplace was usually busy.There was a lot to learn but training was provided and co-workers were very helpful. I enjoyed working with my customers and my agent who was very supportive.
Office job
Underwriter I (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 22, 2016
I have learned a lot about the insurance business because of State Farm. The main draw back is some of the management. Lots of pressure is put on them to put on the workers. So it's nice when you have a understanding manager, But if not then each day may not be that fun.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful environment
Best place to start and move up.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 21, 2016
State Farm is a great opportunity. You can start with little to no experience, get trained into a customer service and sales master, compete with your peers to move up into agency ownership, and from there the earning potential is strickly up to you. Do you what to make nurse money, or doctor money? You can even make both if you have the drive to produce and treat people like you want to be treated. It can be freedom at it's best.
Pros
Unlimited earning protential
Cons
It is not easy for most.
Fun Place
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 21, 2016
Great job when you are trying to find your niche. They keep on assignments that you enjoy doing. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to get their career started.
Good job if you have a good supervisor
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 20, 2016
Typical work day assisting State Farm insured individuals and prospects with various issues such as making payments, getting roadside assistance and filing claims. I learned more about how insurance. Hardest part of the job was switching to another shift when one was not working out for myself
Great work environment
Field Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 19, 2016
Good company with focus on its primary core product lines. Recent changes have shifted focus away from financial and retirement planning services.
Plenty of opportunity to advance
Auto Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 19, 2016
Coroporate environment with very structured guidelines and expectations. High volume and fast paced. Plenty of resources. Perpetually changing direction with regards to workload.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
High anxiety
Productive and fun workplace
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 18, 2016
I really enjoyed this job. I liked how everyone in the office get along with each other. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to socialize with my coworkers.
not customer freindly
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaAugust 18, 2016
I know that this is a money making business, but there was no compassion for Policy Holders at all. typical day was alright. a lot of cold calling.
Great Ageny to work with
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2016
As an office assistant I learned a lot about the coverages offered and the process in which to process claims. Excellent opportunities to advance.
Productive is a all time high demand
Claim Specialist (Current Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAAugust 16, 2016
*15 to 20 calls during the day
*how to investigate auto claims
*management is soft spoken
*easy to work with and valueable resource when handling claims
*other coworker not doing their job by handling claim or moving claim forward to completions
*laughing with coworkers
Cons
non optional overtime and had to receive vacation time off

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Reviews by Location