State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Found 4,371 reviews matching the search
nice place to work
Initial Loss Reporting Associate (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 26, 2017
Productive and good place to lean something new work as a team good management detail oriented and goal focused business professional that can successfully deliver exceptional customer to all client
Pros
good pay
Cons
health care
Bring 500 Friends and Family
Agent Intern (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 26, 2017
I found this experience to be very frustrating. I felt after a few months in the Agent Intern role that all SF cared about was having me invest my entire life savings into a franchise that they may not contract me for in 1 year. And I was to have a list of 500 friends and family that I could immediately sell Life insurance to in order to secure my agency. I do not recommend unless you are tied to a church or organization that will allow you to mine many contacts for sales opportunities.
Pros
two very good friends have successfully started agencies and are flourishing at SF.
Cons
I didn't have the network or net worth to make a real go at this opportunity
Meh place
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 26, 2017
State Farm seems like a good company to work for the first month, but then the real company starts to come out. It is consistently busy, management tends to be less than helpful, the attendance system is skewed, and it isn't worth being yelled at by upset customers for 8-10 hours per day.
A lot of good days, not many were bad.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 26, 2017
A typical day at State Farm Insurance would be to start by greeting customers, assist them with their needs, answer phone calls, post payments, process paperwork as needed, prepare bank deposit, prepare for the next business day.
Pros
not having to clock in/out
Cons
Handling rude customers
its ok
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WA 98502June 25, 2017
They hired me and a few others then after a few weeks they eliminated the cold calling position and laid us all off. We were only working 12 hours a week to begin with.
Things have changed
Claim Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJune 25, 2017
27+ year employee. Used to be a great company to work for. Cared for employees who then cared for customers. Current executive "leadership" does not care about employees even a little bit. It has become a terrible place to work. I have meetings with management and it is only about numbers. They don't care about doing a good job or customer service anymore. I'm embarrassed to say I work there now. I presently have about 300 claims assigned to me. A reasonable number is more like 150 - 180.
Pros
I'm near the end of my career
Cons
I still have to go back
Excellent environment
Claims Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 25, 2017
I really enjoy working at SF. However pay could be better so I don't have to work so much overtime to get paid. I need sleep. Very structural, Great Management, although like any place management will determine how you like the company.
Pros
benefits, overtime available
Cons
pay
Employment
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYJune 25, 2017
A good place to work if seeking schedule flexibility. The job also offers security. The downside maybe room for upward mobility, but no one knows what the future holds.
Pros
flexibility
Sits on a solid foundation but not no work-life balance
Propert Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJune 24, 2017
A typical day consists of many tasks. Answering the phones for inquiries, handling disputes, negotiating settlements, and maintaining a work queue. I have learned that you have to look outside the box when completing an investigation. The management can be helpful but there are often times it does not seem as though they understand what a specialist go through. A lot of the management has never done the work that is being completed under the new structure. It is face paced and constantly making changes to better the company. The hardest part can be the metrics that are provided for such a complex position and the best part can be the security that the job provides.
Productive and fulfilling work place
Initial Loss Reporting Associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 23, 2017
The opportunity to work for a fortune 500 company was a great experience. Their training system they use incorporates fun activities while still balancing out the learning material which makes it very easy to learn and understand your job abilities. Daily work like consisted of taking phone calls to file claims for their members. On a daily average you take about 50-60 calls a day. Which is balanced out by friend management and great co-workers so it makes the work load easier to handle. Overall great a place to learn and work for.
Pros
long breaks, hour lunch and most schedules are 4 10's
Cons
heavy stats management, limited schedule availability
All in all not bad for pay
Bilingual Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 23, 2017
Inbound call center, call volume is not terrible but have been short staffed for quiet some time, coworkers make it tolerable, management is too pushy
Pros
coworkers make it tolerable
Cons
short breaks, micro manage
Good energy
USA and Canada through remarkable customer service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2017
I was a temp. Internal were treated differently. more job security etc. If given the opportunity to be internal, I would have taken it.

Management was fine.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJune 23, 2017
Would help customers who came into the office or gave us a call. I would write the homeowners for the office. I enjoyed working at State Farm.. with it being a small office it becomes like a second family.
Too much sales
Staff Agent (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJune 23, 2017
This job was too focused on cold calls and sales for my liking. Overall not a good fit and not interested in making a career choice in this field. Overall a good insurance provider though.
Pros
Great Products
Cons
Sales
good entry level, very competitive
Claim Associate (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 22, 2017
very competitive and micro managed promised a lot in training however very easy to get stripped of these promises, very strict attendance policy, managers don't care
It varies from agent to agent
Agent Team Member (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILJune 22, 2017
I have only worked with one agent and while it was a pleasant experience at first it did not grant me the flexibility that i was looking for with my school schedule and work. My agent was a tad overbearing but the hardest part of the job is dealing with the customers who are at times very feisty and refuse to be wrong at any point in time.
Terrible
Sales/Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2017
wouldn't work here ever again if my life depended on it. Unorganized, stressful and extremely competitive. Make sure you work for an agent that isn't a liar or a dictator. If you want a desk job where you're begging for 5pm to hit, this is the job for you. If you want a job that holds weekly meetings in wee hours of the morning to discuss numbers that have absolutely no real importance to you, this is the job for you! There was absolutely no part of this job that I enjoyed. Lasted 4 months too long in my opinions. I can never get that time back.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
regulated breaks, low salary, terrible management, rigid work environment, unfair practices, extremely stressful
Stressful
SFPP Account Rep (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJune 22, 2017
This place was once a great place to work. The company and management once cared about their employees. The current environment is gruelling with little reprieve and no support while being verbally abused by agent staff and insurers. There is little work/life balance for parents of young children as you are penalized for you and/or your family being ill or school closing unexpectedly, even if you have the time off to use.
Pros
Benefits and discounts
Cons
Short breaks/lunches, high stress, ridiculous standards
Great turnovver ratio
PIM Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 22, 2017
Great turnover ratio, but in the PIM department it's hard to earn promotions. Management hold you accountable for every mistake, no matter how small the mistake.
Focus for Excellence
Insurance (SIU) Fraud Investigator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MN & Newark, OHJune 22, 2017
Was known for its excellence in training employees and being family friendly. Customer service is paramount. Demands professionalism from its workers.
Pros
Work/Life Focus, Diversity & Inclusion, Pension
Cons
Excessive reliance on metrics

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Reviews by Location