State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
2,080 reviews

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employer Reviews

Small office and agents demands were unlimited
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), frisco,txMarch 29, 2015
Small office and agents demands were unlimited. the pay was on the low end of it all. Job description not specific. The job itself consists of lots of driving
Outstanding Company
CCC Sales (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Opportunity, training, benefits
Cons: None
Great company with excellent agents, products, training and opportunity. Number 1 rated company in the US and Canada.
Excellence in Operations Management.
Great work place
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), miramar, CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: great place
Cons: too far
I was in charge of the office all day every day, I took care of the clients, messages, make quotes, clean and orders thing needed
Enjoyed working with customers and prospecting new business.
Licensed Insurance Representative (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours.
Enjoyed learning the insurance business and using customer contact to explore other products that might expand their product portfolio.

There were many products to review and explore such as home, auto, life, health as well as many banking products offered.
Fun place to work
Full time Office Administrator (Former Employee), Terre Haute INMarch 26, 2015
I answered the phone, responded to underwriting requests, took payments, and assisted those who came in or called.

The offices are small so you can get to know your co workers well.
Overall a great place to work.
Marketing (Former Employee), Helotes, TXMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Company has great training and contacts for assistance
Cons: Agents may not always apply the Company standards to their agency
Marketing, sales, policy maintenance, claims monitoring, file claims, open checking accounts, credit cards, etc. I learned more about banking and life insurance due to the Company's training. The job did involve advising of claims that would not be covered due to the policy verbiage excluding it. I did enjoy that contact with the clients and being able to assist them in obtaining comprehensive coverage.
protect the people to be safe each day and gain their trust
Team Member (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 25, 2015
I improved my communication and to build relationship to customers to sell the product. What I like about this job is that every day I learned something new. It re
Great work place
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Johns Creek, GeorgiaMarch 25, 2015
It was wonderful. Would still be working there if I hadn't of got sick and ended up in the hospital. Great place to grow and retire from.
A Good Product for the consumers
Administrative Support/Claims Service Assistant (Former Employee), Culver City, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Teamwork
Cons: Timed breaks and lunches
I had the pleasure of working at State Farm Insurance Company for 3yrs and I gained a lot of knowledge about the insurance business as a employee and as a consumer. The working environment was enjoyable and I liked my co workers. In fact, I established I hope some life long friendships. I definitely would go back.
Great job experience and diversity workforce
Enterprise Marketing Account Manager (Current Employee), Frederick, MDMarch 24, 2015
State Farm has a lot of opportunities throughout the company and across the U.S. It is a great place to work if you are looking for a diverse workforce and interested in making a real impact. State Farm employees are dedicated to helping customers and helping them get to a better state.
Overall positive company culture
Producer (Former Employee), Nappanee, INMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great training and support
Cons: no benefits provided by company
Followed up on leads and did cold calling to potential customers. Provided customer service to existing customers. Provided quotes and information to prospective customers.
Productive, Fun work place.
Agent (Former Employee), The Colony, TXMarch 23, 2015
Pros: laid back atmosphere
Cons: healthcare
Co-workers are genuinely good people. The job was compensation was well worth the work and the atmosphere was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Assistant Finance Manager
Assistant Finance (Former Employee), Santa Teresa, NMMarch 23, 2015
Pros: fun job working with motorcylces
Cons: huge turn around in the sales team
Ran applications for potential RV sales. Gathered all required documents to register and title RV's in Texas and New Mexico.
Handled all funding delays. Worked directly with bank underwriters to get clients approved.
OK
Customer Service (Former Employee), Salem, NHMarch 23, 2015
I worked for a small agent and temporarily. they have pretty good products for the consumer, and my manager and co-workers were really nice. I had fun. The downfall, is there really isn't much advancement opportunity with these places and benefits are limited as well as time. you have to abide by corporate rules/reg since they are all franchised offices.
Productive fast paced office
Multi Line Representative (Current Employee), Queens, NYMarch 23, 2015
Pros: celebrates birthdays and holidays
Cons: the inability to go beyond a sales person within this office
Come in review voice mails and emails that may have been left the night and or weekend prior. Follow -up on internet quotes, and calls that I made to multi-line. Depending on the day a sales meeting. Then I review my sales to see where I am in regards to obtaining my monthly goals. I have learned that its takes patience and I have to continue to put the work in to get the results I want. Management is cool as we are a close knit office. My co-workers we all try to assist one another as much as possible, without stepping on toes. The hardest part of the job would be at times the cold calling. There are new relationship that have to be formed and re-established. As well as trust that may have been loss with prior companies. However, it just teaches me how to be there for each and every client. As there are individuals with different needs that need to be met.
Good overall experience. Opportunity appreciated
Word Processor/Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNMarch 23, 2015
Each day I would come to work with a positive attitude and willingness to work. Management was great and very accommodating; co-workers were very pleasant to work with. The hardest part of the job is when our position termed. It was a good experience and atmosphere.
Team work environment
Claim Processor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 22, 2015
Good team environment, work hours flexible. Learn to work in a team setting, Management developed and encourage team work. Encourage self development by offering flexible work schedule.
Fun Place to work
Insurance Account Representative/Producer (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 22, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: no room for growth
I enjoy my work environment, however there is no room for growth. I need to utilize my talent through my work experience and education I have received.
Great environment
Claims Processor (Current Employee), Vallejo, CAMarch 21, 2015
State farm is a great company to work for. they really take care of their work force. annual raise for good performance. They go the extra mile to create positive work environment. Lastly the company is dedicated to developing its employees in order to offer them a multitude of opportunities.
Comfortable office environment but challenging workload
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMarch 21, 2015
Cons: little guidance provided within agent office
The office provided was exceptional with a computer desk, ample storage space for personal belongings, a computer with dual monitors, and telephones in each (8) offices and two conference rooms supplied with large monitors set up for easy viewing. Weekly meeting provided little guidance for how to perform better within the job and would merely be a "pop-quiz" of sorts on the clientele and products we offered. I was hired as a receptionist and required to acquire my Property and Casualty insurance license, which cost out of pocket $400. Provided a different head agent, I would have wanted to stay.

1 2 3 4 5

About State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five cars on the road is insured with State – Read more

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Photos