State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Found 3,911 reviews matching the search
Fast Paced and educational
insurance agent (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYMarch 28, 2017
Friendly people to work with, face paced and good hours of operation. Good client to agent interaction and gain wide range of skills. I was able to learn at the job on the go.
Pros
health insurance paid for
Cons
Tests to get license are expensive and
No longer cares about employees
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 28, 2017
This used to be a great place to work but now it's all about the numbers and productivity results. A great employee that just barely misses a target is now just seen as an employee not meeting expectations. Doesn't matter if they have perfect attendance, great attitude and college degree, if their handle time is one minute too long on average, they will be performance managed so they can fire them.

Very stressful and work life balance no longer exists here. Management is completely out of touch with modern leadership philosophy. Employees are micromanaged every minute of their day.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Leadership is out of touch, company doesn't care about employees and work life balance no longer exists.
Customer service
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, TXMarch 28, 2017
answer phones, sending emails, accepting new application, giving quotes

managment was great

everyone in the office was family and the staff that wasnt was still treated like family
Teamwork Atmosphere
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheswick, PAMarch 27, 2017
Great great company to work for. Team oriented, professional,inspirational to say the least. Quite proud of the business that they do and how they do it. Start to finish, an all-american company!
Pros
Teamwork Orientend
Cons
No healthcare benefits
Agency Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAMarch 27, 2017
selling insurance at an agency can have its ups and downs. you can be 100% commission and the principal agent has total say over your job. you are typically a 1099 so you must do your own withholding.
Ok
Underwriting Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2017
Excellent stable company, however the growth potential seemed limited. Worked on an old outdated system that was being updated. The distance and traffic to get there was wearing on my health.
Pros
Not a bad place to work - team oriented
Cons
Traffic area was very congested
Great Company/Great Benefits
Customer service, administrative, data entry (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 25, 2017
A typical day at work is extremely busy & requires customer service & knowledge. High volume, high phone calls, paperwork, etc.

I learned a lot about balancing, prioritizing and work ethic.

The workplace culture was "team work".

The hardest part of the job was being able to keep up with the work load at times. The most enjoyable part was being able to work for such a great company.
Pros
Great Company!
Cons
The company is a great company
Agent Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAMarch 25, 2017
The company itself is wonderful. The work load flow is okay but how well you do and the opportunities vary from agent to agent. This job offered no benefits packages
Pros
salary pay, PTO, great team members
Cons
no healtcare benefits
Intern
Lead receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85021March 24, 2017
Answered phone calls. Set dates. Appointments. Type up paper work. Organize clean. Office work. Office maintenance . Microsoft office. Know how to use a fax
Pros
People
Cons
Manager
I love talking to people and enjoy getting to help with their insurance needs.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 24, 2017
Everyone needs insurance. Let me help you decide what you need and explain the different types available just for you! My day is complete when I'm able to please the customer. I love to get to know all of my customers and visit about their daily lives.

Want to know more about State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company?

Ask a question
it was just ok
Licensed Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAMarch 24, 2017
I cant complain much. I was pregnant during this time and wanted a desk job because I was high risk. but the insurance industry is tough period. non tangible sales is the hardest type of sell
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 24, 2017
A typical day at amazon was very fast paced, calls back to back. I learned about auto insurance. Management was nice. the workplace was great. the hardest part about my position was learning about the different auto insurance and benefits. the most enjoyable was my coworkers.
Bank Advisor (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYMarch 24, 2017
Working at a local agents office was the best jobs to gain experience in the workforce. Over the year I have learned how to build and manage relationships with customers.
Who Are You
ilr claims associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 24, 2017
If you that kind of person who want to sit on your butt all day and listening to call and put the same information in the computer and say the same thing all day long then you are good to go in this job. I had never ever work in a call center and never want to do this again. Over all state farm is pretty good company but can be stressfully and exhausting working 10 hours shift, put it this way it take a certain type of person to do this type of work doing the same thing continually.
Pros
Like most jobs benefits is good
Cons
It is a call center the title is ILR Associate sound nice ha!
Fish Company
Sales/Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HI 96720March 24, 2017
Hilo Fish Company supplies many businesses with fresh and frozen fish products. They have multiple locations on the Big Island of Hawaii and mainland.
Stressful Job Setting
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 24, 2017
Company wants you to work late weekend shifts every week.
Management is inexperienced and lacks professionalism.
Nice work environment. Up to date building.
Call Center environment
Auto Claims Processor (last) (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WA (last)March 23, 2017
State Farm was a great company to work for overall. Many happy years working in different areas of the company, in several regions throughout the US. Most of my roles were customer facing, which I enjoyed the most, and ended in a call center type environment which I enjoyed the least.
Pros
Lifelong learning opportunities
Cons
Locations available - Call center type environment
Amazing Place
Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 23, 2017
Amazing boss and coworkers, flexible work schedule, company events and lunches. This job was what I needed while finishing university. I learned a lot about communication and how to get through to someone over a telephone. Which was the hardest part of the job but very rewarding when you were able to do it.
Stressful and overworked
Senior Claim Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 23, 2017
Too many claims per person. Need more employees. Direct management has restricted decision making. Stressed and exhausted employees. Not being able to help the customer in and timely manner is very difficult. However helping a customer recover from their loss is satisfying.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Unable to help customers in a timely manner.
Great Place to work especially if your licensed
Licensed Sales Represetative (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHMarch 23, 2017
Fantastic People to work with, In order to really make money though one has to sell life insurance otherwise its not very high pay. My Boss is very interactive and very supportive and takes us all out to dinner and drinks all the time!!
Pros
Dinners, and Drinks all the time
Cons
Not really good money unless licensed

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Reviews by Location