State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
2,144 reviews

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company United States Employee Reviews

Assume benefits
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Westchester, ILApril 20, 2015
Pros: breaks
I loved my job and I got laid off for lack of work. I loved going to work each day. The commute was great the staff was great as well
Professionalsim at it's finest
Sig Holcomb III, Agent (Current Employee), Conover, NCApril 20, 2015
First job in where my professionalism is noticed and rewarded. State Farm Insurance has the best business culture I have ever experienced.
Statefarm Insurance
Sr.Business Analyst (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILApril 20, 2015
Pros: Great Work Environment, Decent Pay Scale
Cons: Very conserved approach moving towards new Technologies
Great Client to work for . Great Work Environment. Statefarm Cultivates great individual traits and has ample opportunity for growth.
Review of enjoyed parts and challenges of current job
Outbound/Inbound Sales Quote and Bind Rep (Current Employee), Richardson, TexasApril 19, 2015
Pros: Compensation package, benefit package, health care
Cons: mico-management, strict schedule structure, supervisor change too often
There is a ton of change to adapt to in the work environment. Supervisors, procedures, systems and shifts change very often.
I work with very open, diverse and cultured group of coworkers. The hardest part of the job is the strict adherence and the constant unpredictable change. The most enjoyable part of the job are the close and family oriented co workers and the compensation/benefit package.
I also enjoy working with customers who are pleasant and establishing and maintaining relationships with the agents that represent the company.
I sometimes enjoy being on the phone.
productive
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee), Fountain Valley, CAApril 18, 2015
Typical day at work would be start with cold calls. Then our morning meetings of the day game plan and numbers.Some customer service calling for payment, checking correct addresses, filing paperwork in alphabetical order, faxing some paperwork, sorting and preparing mail for post office. The hardest part for me was starting with the cold callings.The most enjoyable part was the set time schedule. After working in retail, having a set schedule became heaven for me.
Great place to meet and help new people
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee), Waterford Mi 48328April 18, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with
Cons: Not able to take more than a 30min lunch and not getting a 15 min break
State Farm is a very busy and fast paced place; you get to enjoy meeting new people helping them to your best ability. My best experience is with the management, I have learned a lot from her and will enjoy following in the management field after my degree. Being honest and following laws and regulations is a very important issue with this type of work. My co-workers so far were great; we had a great bond and I will dearly miss them. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with irate clients and trying to calm them down, to always remember let them talk and get it out of there system, to never interrupt; keep a calm voice to let them know you are listening and are there to help them with there problem. What I loved the most about my job is meeting new people.
State Farm
Safety Liasion/ Claim Rep (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAApril 17, 2015
Pros: EASY
Cons: HORRIBLE PAY
State Farm is a great company which is cheapening it's business and thus is creating an environment in which it's employees can not make enough to support a decent quality of life and also is creating a culture in which errors have become a constant problem with no end in sight.
Very stern unfriendly place of employment
Fire Claim Representative (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 17, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
I was a claim representative/adjuster that helped pay out insurance claims to customers that lost their home or personal property listed in their homeowner's policy. I learned customer service and law that surrounds insurance. Management is horribly prejudicial and favors women because women supposedly speak to customers in a better tone. They micro manage you and keep track of how long you are in the bathroom!!! Hardest part was talking to contractors who have been building homes for 30 years and telling them that we couldn't pay them what they want but probably knew better than we and dealing with the horrible management. They are not like a good neighbor if you work for them! I did not enjoy this job
Working for an Agent is great, if its the right one
Account Service Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 16, 2015
i was lucky to work for one of the most successful and hard working agents. She was very understanding and very supportive of our team. She pushed us to further our education and become agents ourselves if that is what we wanted to do.
the only reason I had to leave was to find a place to earn more money once i knew that being an agent was not right for me.
Overall good company
Customers service representative (Former Employee), Chaska, MNApril 16, 2015
Pros: great working enviornment
Cons: none
helping out people and being humble were priorities for me at this job. I learned how to help others in choosing what was best for them. The management was decent and the employees worked great together. Keeping up with the tasks for the day was the challenge but overall many different things helped me make it through the days.
State Farm Insurance
Claim Section Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Positive benefits package
State Farm is a great employer that is focused on serving its customer base in the best way possible. The company is growing and experiencing significant changes. As a result, there is significant opportunity with the company. The environment is supportive of learning and developing talent.
great work environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILApril 16, 2015
Executive Assistant to Directors & Project Managers – organizational and project support

DUTIES INCLUDE:
· Clerical duties with file management
· Calendar & Meeting coordination
· Organizational Chart/Distribution List creation & maintenance
· Microsoft Office, Visio, Lotus Notes proficient
· Customer Service
Great company
Customer Care Center- Collections Representative (Current Employee), Dunwoody, GAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Nice people. Laid back dress code. Accessable management.
Cons: Horrible schedule
The State Farm culture is very laid back and casual. As far as promotions go, it's not the grades you make, it's the hands you shake.
Okay
Claim Representative (Current Employee), GeorgiaApril 14, 2015
Okay company to work for if you're not working for claims. Progression in the company depends on your management. If your manager likes you but is a stickler it will take years to advance. If your manager likes you and isn't a stickler, you'll make more money but will still have trouble advancing.
Productive and fun place to work
Insurance Support Center Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2015
Pros: professional, stress free work enviroment, good pay, great benefits, Awesome schedule
Cons: none
I really enjoyed working at state farm the environment is very laid back , but also very professional. I liked the fact that we would meet each day with our managers and they gave us pep talks discussed stats. They made sure we had all the help we needed. Facility great !! very nice and clean at all times, awesome cafeteria, and awesome gym, building also had a clinic in it. A lot of encouragement to move up in the company. Excellent training.
n/a
Receptionist (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 14, 2015
No benefits. Not for any good for hourly employees. The coworkers are wonderful to work with. The hardest part of the job is the pay.
I love State FARM
Customer Response Center Representative (Current Employee), Dunwoody, GAApril 14, 2015
I love State Farm as a whole. I have car insurance with them and I enjoy working for them. The choices to expand and grow with the company is amazing.
Great company to work for
Insurance Sales & Service Representative (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 14, 2015
state farm is a great cocmpany to work for. great job secutiry. lots of room for advancement. you are working for the individual agent, so benefits and other things can vary by your agent
Great Company
Secretary II (Current Employee), Irving, TXApril 13, 2015
Great company to work for. I was hired in the wrong department. The "supervisors" didn't know what they were doing. Everyone started applying to other departments and all of the sudden the one year rule came about. After one year, they started picking out the slightest error in your performance and telling you that you will not be able apply for another position at that time. I eventually found another job and quit. It was just too unorganized.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORK PLACE
Agent (Former Employee), New Hartford, NYApril 13, 2015
Very organized and fun environment to work at, I love assisting people and customer service is my main priority. Working with State Farm was a great experience for me and taught me that team work makes everything alot easier.

1 2 3 4 5

About State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five cars on the road is insured with State – Read more

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Salaries