State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

2.8K reviews

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Found 2,792 reviews matching the search
State Farm is a solid very good Company.
Staff Agent (Current Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAFebruary 12, 2016
My Father has been a Top Agent with them since 1962 and I
have helped build up this Agency with hard work and pride in
our family name.
Possibly a good carreer field to be in.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAFebruary 12, 2016
I got into this field because it seems like it has opportunity for growth. The insurance field is not one that is going away anytime soon and that presents a need for employees.
Pros
opportunity for sales bonuses
Cons
high turnover due too lack of sales
Horrible
ILR Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2016
Confined to a desk all day taking inbound calls. Management requires calls to be rushed so you can meet daily metrics requirements. They don't care about their employees.
Great training and work life balance
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDFebruary 10, 2016
Work Life balance is great, greta benefits. There was not much room for growth or advancement. Management held you back from moving anywhere in the company. Compensation is very poor
Pros
great work/life balance, benefits, training
Cons
money, no job security, not much room for advancement, management was horrible
fun place to work
agent (Former Employee) –  Astoria, NYFebruary 10, 2016
It was fun work environment and I enjoyed the time I spent with.
Pretty much everyone is a team player.
I would go back and work there again if I wasn't planning in moving
Pros
Felixable schedule
Cons
weekend work
Great stepping stone job
Licensed Staffed Agent- Property & Casualty (Current Employee) –  Corona del Mar, CAFebruary 8, 2016
Great product to sell. The company is preferred and well respected all around the country. This job and my boss/mentor has really helped me establish good business and practical skills. My sales confident was established here and my overall knowledge of property and casualty insurance is phenomenal to the average person.
Field Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INFebruary 8, 2016
Enjoyed my time and experience at State Farm. Good place to work. Benefits and salaries are good. Expanding with a lot of opportunities.
great company to work for, advancement opportunities, great compensation
LSR (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MOFebruary 8, 2016
I have worked for this company in St Louis MO in the call center for almost 3 years! I love who I work with, I love that opportunities are there for advancement,, and the compensation is great as well! What a plus on finding this job!
Pros
compensation, 45 min lunches, people, advancement
Cons
not a full 40 hours
Productive, High Energy, Leading Office
Multi-line Insurance Sales / Policy Service (Current Employee) –  Leeds, AL 35094February 7, 2016
State Farm is a great overall company to work for with great one on one customer interaction. My daily job duties were to call on the customers that had late premium payment, upcoming cancellations, cross selling insurance and banking products. I also handled all underwriting required information needed by calling the policy holder. I work with a great team of co-workers that are willing to pitch in when needed.. I love my customers and the relationships I have built with them and their families..
Great position with benefits, however...
Auto Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 7, 2016
Advancement opportunities are extremely limited, and the company strongly values having a degree over real-world applicable work experience. The workload is maintainable and easy to manage, however working in a team environment on insurance claims can provide it's challenges.
Pros
Fair compensation, good benefits
Cons
Sub-par advancement opportunities, company values degree over experience
Family run business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIFebruary 7, 2016
Great family to work for; Very knowledgeable place to work. Good training and continued training. Really enjoyed working here and helping people with their insurance needs.
Awesome
Sales Intern (Current Employee) –  TEXASFebruary 6, 2016
Great experience
Awesome work/ home life balance
Fair compensation
Lots of growing potential
Great hours
Inside sales
No. 1 Company to work for
It was good
Marketing Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MOFebruary 6, 2016
It was a good company great with home and life balance. Just ready to move. It has great potential to move up if your in the right office. Make sure you and your agent have the same goals.
State Farm
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 6, 2016
State Farm is a very good company. They offer great benefits and provide a good working environment. A typical day at work is very busy with phone calls, arranging schedules, processing expenses. My co-workers were consistently team players that would provide excellent back-up. The hardest part of the job was working with another group in State Farm that would not keep you updated on the status of each meeting. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the executives and my co-workers.
Pros
2 - 15 minute breaks and paid sick time.
Cons
Salaries were not great.
did not like working for this company.
L&D Agency Assistant/Agency Programs (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 5, 2016
I stayed with this company because I was a single mother and I needed the job for benefits. The benefits here were amazing. That's about all it has going for it. The pay there sucks unless you graduate from college, then it is good...
Smart and Educated? Great! Can You Sell Life Insurance? No? You're OUT!
Service and Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Golden, COFebruary 5, 2016
I worked in an Agents Office as a Salesman servicing accounts and tackling incoming leads. I performed this task well for over two years.

I learned that there is limited room for growth with State Farm unless you, A) want your own State Farm office, or B) move elsewhere in the country doing other things.

The climate of State Farm has changed over the years. Now it is very easy for the average customer to price-compare companies and switch between them. State Farm has repositioned itself to selling Banking Products/Life Insurance Products > Being Competitive with the more common lines of business.

This is where I was shown the door. No amount of excellent service or devotion to your policyholders will keep you in THIS position long unless you plan on selling life insurance products. There's the cold-hard truth Indeed.com...soak it in.

All-in-all, decent experience. I like State Farm and believe that they have a great product. I plan to keep my personal insurance with State Farm as well despite being let go.
Pros
Daily Challenge, Learn Marketable Skills (Sales/Office)
Cons
Do you like selling life insurance? Neither do I
Not a fun workplace
Property and Casualty Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 4, 2016
Liability claims was very challenging. Management was very abusive and not constructive. Co-workers were highly stressed. The stress of the job and dealing with insensitive management was the most difficult part of the job. I enjoyed the interaction with our company attorneys.
Pros
the end of the day
Cons
liability claims
Productive work place
Pilot Catastrophe Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 3, 2016
This isa great place to work for. I have learned how to read people very well in this industry. The hardest part of the job is dealing with constant change all the time. Nothing is ever consistent. I love helping Policy holders in their time of need. This part is very rewarding to me.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Going out of town
Good Company
Agent (Current Employee) –  Washington, GAFebruary 3, 2016
Good place to work. I am the boss so I set the hours, vacation days, etc... Laid-back environment in a rural town. Family atmosphere, small office, and we take our customer's needs personally.
productive and fun workplace
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILFebruary 3, 2016
State Farm is a group of insurance and financial services companies in the United States.The main business is State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, a mutual insurance firm that also owns the other State Farm companies. The corporate headquarters are in Bloomington, Illinois.