State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

2.5K reviews

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace, good harmony
Account Associate (Current Employee), Arlington, WAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: No medical, can be overwhelming
Overall, there is a lot to learn, and not much time to learn it. Mostly trial and error, then fixing the problem down the line. They really want to empower and educate, to help people make good choices.
A learning environment
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Gloucester, VAAugust 26, 2015
Room to grow, learn, and advance with the company. You literally control your own destiny here. Very flexible with home/family life. A great company to work for.
Work environment has progressively detoriated
Life Response Center Assistant (Current Employee), Greeley, COAugust 25, 2015
Have worked at State Farm for 11 years. Still stuck in same pay grade even though I have completed all the training for my job. Morale is very low. They are under staffed and getting time off is next to impossible September - March. Management is constantly asking for overtime volunteers. You have to constantly deal with new staff's lack of training and a growing amount of processing errors.
loved working for state farm
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Champaign ILAugust 25, 2015
Pros: overall great place
Cons: The state licencing test to work there
small agents office that I worked for. Always something new to learn and has taught me a lot about insurance and how important it is to have, and also enjoyed the time I have worked for them.
N/A
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 25, 2015
 Implemented and supported the company’s Operational Excellence Management System

 Analyzed customer, local, state, and federal HSSE requirements and make recommendations as to

training requirements to meet these obligations

 Assisted in management system audits and incident investigations and facilitated with the

implementation of effective corrective actions and continual improvement in business processes.

 May assist with the administration company’s internal auditing system

 Implemented an effective safety and environmental management system that is documented and satisfies

regulatory and customer requirements
Stable place to work
Claims Service Assistant (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: No open opportunity at the time
Great company to work for. Was able to take advantage of the different trainings and classes. Good benefits and work environment. Ready for a new challenge with opportunity to move up.
large corporation
Claims Rep (Former Employee), Plano TXAugust 24, 2015
capital one is a very large corporation that really doesnt care about its employees. its so many people that they have a highturn over rate do to the unorganized corporation which makes it very hard to advance in the compant. Great company if your not looking for a career.
Good Neighbors are real
INITIAL LOSS REPORTING (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: management, promotion opportunites, benefits
I only left State Farm because I moved and there was no jobs open in the area I was moving to. I am hoping a position re-opens soon. The hardest part f the job is honestly all the modules during training. The ILR position is pretty to the point and all word tracks. Management is there to help you promote. Honestly it is the best company I have ever worked for and I hope to be able to regain employment with them.
Liked working there
Agent (Former Employee), Moorpark, CaAugust 21, 2015
Pros: free insurance
Cons: straight commission
Not cut out for straight commission so I helped answer phones and various administrative duties. I had a couple friends from my church that worked there and I learned a lot; just not cut out for straight commission.
Fun place to work with supportive understanding management
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Mary EstherAugust 20, 2015
Plenty of opportunity for advancement. Sales limits are endless. More localized training is desired. The most enjoyable part of the job is to work for a local agent and being able to work with my customers face to face, building a special relationship with each and every one of them.
fun workplace
Underwriter (Current Employee), Dunwoody, GAAugust 20, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
State farm is an excellent company to work for. The members of leadership and my colleagues are pleasant and a joy to work with
Fun Place
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Spring Valley, NYAugust 19, 2015
Pros: FUN AND PRODUCTIVE
Cons: NO BENEFITS
Fun place learned a lot about insurances. Hard to get licenses to work here. Felt the exam were hard and could not really study for them
Productive and positive enviornment
Legal Clerk (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Net working
Cons: None applicable
A typical day at work was answering in-coming calls, assisting customers with accident claims, policy and payment questions, and getting in contact with their insurance agent. Acquire and developed my customer service skills in a call center environment. Co-workers and management worked together as a team. I enjoyed conversation with customers over the phone.
PRODUCTIVE, AND INFORMATIVE
Insurance Sales Representative (Current Employee), Dunwoody, GAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: LICENSED, RAISES, GREAT ENVIROMENT
Cons: BENEFITS, GRANTS, SCHOLARSHIPS, LOANS, SF CREDIT UNION, DICSOUNTS
GREAT WORK PLACE ENVIRONMENT, WITH POTENTIAL GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT, ABLE TO BE LICENSED , AND SELL INSURANCE POLICIES. SAME POLITICS AS ANY OTHER MAJOR COMPANY
Claims adjuster (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2015
The only issue with State Farm is the low pay. Every other aspect of the job was a great experience. I was promoted twice during my two years at State Farm, however, I was only earning 33,000.
All in all a good work experience
Insurance Account Representative (Current Employee), Jefferson City, TNAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Hours, expereince, people
Cons: Technology could be better.
I am an agent staff member and all in all I have enjoyed and valued the experience working for a State Farm Agent have afforded me.
very good
assisstant (Former Employee), seminole ,flAugust 18, 2015
Pros: pays well
Cons: not being given enough job responsibility
very good employers overall and makes sure your taken care of . its a good company to work for because this is a job that is taken seriously by them .
First Claim Job
Claim Processor II (Former Employee), Dothan, ALAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Downsized out of a job.
Learned all about claims here - did homeowner's as well as automobile. I was downsized out of a job otherwise, I would still be there today.
Very Family Oriented
Select Staff (Current Employee), North Vernon, INAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Sales Bonus
Cons: Old office
Our local office has been a very good opportunity while I had children living at home. Through this job I have learned leadership, accountability, and motivation. My co-workers have become family and we socialize often outside of work hours. The hardest part of the job is working with the public however, a lot has been learned for the sales/service piece of this job.
Leisure Living
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Tonawanda, NYAugust 17, 2015
Very good company to work for. family owned and operated. I felt like a family member will I worked here. Employment was only a short period of time as is was a summer job.
Headquarters