State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Found 3,572 reviews matching the search
Great people
ILR Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 22, 2017
Overall, a nice company to work at. The people and environment are quite relaxed and helpful despite the systematic micromanagement in terms of scheduling and metrics. The training is quite long and helps to build that sense of camaraderie.

The hardest part of the job is immediately falling into the metrics required by the company, as they're built on the optimal cases. While comprehensive on the details, training doesn't do enough to prepare for that aspect of performing the job so it takes some time and experience to get there.

The benefits are pretty good, with the only exception being the strangely unforgiving emergency/sick day ruleset.
Pros
People, Environment, Training
Cons
Micromanagement, Unforgiving Emergency/Sick Day Ruleset
Unlimited Growth Potential
Licensing Risk Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2017
Entry level jobs are difficult. Identifying goals is important for development and advancement. Multi levels of leadership and some management is within the Enterprise.
Productive and fun workplace
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJanuary 22, 2017
A typical work day involved processing auto claims and sending out check for customers so they can either replace their vehicle or get it fixed after an accident or weather damage.
Fun team members
Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJanuary 21, 2017
I handled incoming calls and clients, ran quotes and made cold calls to bring in business. Also participated in Marketing of the business as well.
Pros
Great learning experience
Great Workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE/SALES REPRESENTATIVE/OFFICE MNGR (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, ILJanuary 20, 2017
I loved helping and working with my customers and helping them protect their belongings and their for their future. I learned a lot and worked with great people.
Value in Developing Employees
Claim Representative/Processor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 20, 2017
I worked with State Farm for several years while raising my family, obtaining additional education and building my leadership abilities. State Farm is an excellent environment for employee growth. Work/life balance and company culture has changed immensely. I would recommend this job to the growing professional.
Pros
Pay, Learning and Growth
I've already done this
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJanuary 20, 2017
I've already submitted a review, but it's making me do it again so here I am typing to get to the minumum 150 characters required only fifteen more left ok done
Awesome place to work!
Sales/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 19, 2017
I really enjoy my job. I have learned a ton about insurance and servicing/writing policies. I know that the skills I have learned here will be transferrable in the future.
Failing company- stay away!
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  DuPont, WAJanuary 19, 2017
State Farm used to be a great place to work but has drastically changed in the last 5 years. There is no work life balance. You are assigned off shifts and have to fight to take legally earned personal time off. There is absolutely no room for advancement unless you are connected to someone higher up in the company. Really sad to see this company failing.
energy and live people around!
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 19, 2017
I was working while in college and I learning a lot while i was there. I was working directly under the owner so i picked up a few hands on management skills that school would not teach someone. one of the hardest parts about my job was having to deal with tenants that had maintenance issues or contractors having problems around the complex.
Pros
discount on my rent!
Cons
low pay
productive
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 18, 2017
I truly enjoyed working at state farm, sales and customer service is incredible and the hours were amazing. helping customers made my day.
Friendly
Sales (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJanuary 18, 2017
I enjoyed working at chickfila for my first job. They worked with me on my schedule because I was currently going to school. They worked with you on the times you could work.
Boring Workplace
Telemarketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLJanuary 18, 2017
I rarely saw any of my coworkers because you are set up in back room alone with just a phone and a list of numbers that you are supposed to call. I had to call over 300 numbers daily to ask if they wanted a free estimate on their automobile or home insurance. Not to many people are friendly when they are called around dinner time.
Great place to work!
Initial Loss Reporting (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 18, 2017
They're there to help you advance. You can also get a lot of customer service experience which you can take with you. The job also lets you get a feel for the industry.
Set you up for success
Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Nice place to work. They really care about you and your work there. You feel very important no matter what you do. Only downfall, is you are on the computer talking on the phone all day.
So so
State Farm Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Not the best place to be if you have a life worth living. Definitely gave too much to just be let down.. I was a great person who worked hard and was let down..
Productive workplace
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 17, 2017
Great for growth in an organization. Pleasant atmosphere as well. If you love great benefits and rapidly changing environments this is perfect for you.
The check is nice the environment is interesting
Initial Loss Reporting (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJanuary 17, 2017
Their customers are ignorant to the the claims procedure and new initiatives it enacts through their employees. The procedures change every few weeks while they bring in hiring waves of hundreds of people to enact similar procedures every couple of months. They want to make the claims process quick and easy for the customer however you have to say and read a certain script based off of whether or not the customer has time or not. Also you have little to no say-so over what shift you get, and whatever you do. DON'T BE LATE!!!. Not a good job if you have transportation issues or if you're a single parent with not a lot of help at home.
Pros
compensation, benefits
Cons
adherence schedule, long work hours
Fun place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILJanuary 17, 2017
for me personally was a very steady repetetive job, i like challenge and something new everyday. it was a bit boring. i did learn a lot about all different types of policies. but there was always down time.
Pros
good management
Cons
too steady
Claims handling in a micro-managed environment
Claim Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYJanuary 17, 2017
This was an excellent place to work up until about six years ago. I loved my job and the people with whom I spend my work days. Unfortunately, the once family and employee oriented company became all about numbers and micromanagement.

I thought I would work up to my retirement with this company; however, this will not be the case.
Pros
Health, Dental, 401K & pension
Cons
Accuracy does not matter - only how fast you can get through the work.

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Reviews by Location