State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

2.5K reviews

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

SF
Claim Associate-Express (Current Employee), Richardson, TXAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Low Compensation
Cons: Pension
The workload is reasonable, but job responsibilities change often with no additional compensation.

Other companies pay more for the same job title.
ILR is horrible!
ILR Associate (Current Employee), Richardson, TXAugust 29, 2015
Pros: you will have a job
Cons: You will be working in ILR at State Farm
Going on my 5th manager in 9 months. Have been declined for several other positions that I have applied for. Have great results and a great background and skill set but they punish you for any thing they – more... can pick at you for. Never miss work or you will not even be able to apply for other positions within the company. Half of my team has quit and the other half, myself included, are looking for other jobs outside of state farm. Low pay and you are treated like children. I dread coming to work. – less
The time off benefits are wonderful
Claims Service Associate (Current Employee), MichiganAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Time off benefits, bonuses, discount program
Cons: Unbalanced workload, management turnover
There is currently more focus on numbers than personal development and growth. Management is hit and miss, and it's ever changing. I love my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is the heavy amount – more... of work they have right now. The company is going through a lot of transitions right now and many people are relocating or retiring so the workload is a little overwhelming. I am sure once all the changes are complete and things are settled, it will be the great company it was when I first started. – less
Call center/Metrics based environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Facilities
Cons: n/a
Work day involved taking inbound calls. Input customer info for insurance quote. Bind policy. Easy job. Competitive salary. Fun work environment.
Stable, responsible employer
Claims Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Licenced Sales Producer
Sales Producer (Current Employee), MIAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Helping people explain coverages. Meeting people
Cons: Incompetent departments.
Goal oriented day to day. Makes Sales calls, service, billing. Multi task and meet sales goals for the day, week and month. Use sales and marketing software to keep you on track towards your goal
State Farm is a very reputable insurance company
Life Insurance Specialist (Current Employee), High Point, North CarolinaAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Flexibility; casual atmosphere
Cons: No healthcare coverage or retirement offered
Work existing book of clients who currently don't have life insurance coverage with State Farm. Agency manager and co-workers are friendly and helpful. I enjoy being able to assist clients and/or potential clients to insure that their families future is protected in the event of an unexpected loss.
Fun work place. Company always provides activities for employees and has casual fridays. Also has events for clients and employees on holidays
Insurance Service Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 27, 2015
This company has always put their employees first. The manager of the office always made sure that the clients were happy and were taken care of anytime they were in the office. Every co-worker played as a team player and always helped when needed. Very fun workforce, even when times get tough it never felt that it was hard.
Payless
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTAugust 27, 2015
 Bring a positive and happy atmosphere to customers
 Clean facility at end of day and prepare for the following day.
 Customer Service, daily sales quota
 Cross and up-sell store products, maximize – more... sales
 Close out register and put securities in vault, open/close store.
 Implement and review all stock loss prevention controls
 Implement store layout, stock & fixtures positioning according to brand – less
Really Lax with no College Degree Required
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAAugust 27, 2015
I came in to State Farm in hopes of becoming an Agent, but realized that there are many things about being a small business owner I don't love.
used to be
Auto Claim Representative/Team Lead (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNAugust 27, 2015
Cons: untrusting and uncaring
This used to be a wonderful place to work. We were trusted, professional employees. It was like family. Now we are nothing but a factory. Take your break now, take your lunch now. Do the work you – more... know best, this way because someone needs a significant business result. I worked in a factory and now I'm back in another factory. A bad job is better than no job but this hasn't gotten ridiculous. I haven't been with the company a long time but I see what it is doing to those who have and it is breaking my heart. – less
Productive and fun workplace, good harmony
Account Associate (Current Employee), Arlington, WAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: No medical, can be overwhelming
Overall, there is a lot to learn, and not much time to learn it. Mostly trial and error, then fixing the problem down the line. They really want to empower and educate, to help people make good choices.
A learning environment
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Gloucester, VAAugust 26, 2015
Room to grow, learn, and advance with the company. You literally control your own destiny here. Very flexible with home/family life. A great company to work for.
Work environment has progressively detoriated
Life Response Center Assistant (Current Employee), Greeley, COAugust 25, 2015
Have worked at State Farm for 11 years. Still stuck in same pay grade even though I have completed all the training for my job. Morale is very low. They are under staffed and getting time off is next to impossible September - March. Management is constantly asking for overtime volunteers. You have to constantly deal with new staff's lack of training and a growing amount of processing errors.
loved working for state farm
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Champaign ILAugust 25, 2015
Pros: overall great place
Cons: The state licencing test to work there
small agents office that I worked for. Always something new to learn and has taught me a lot about insurance and how important it is to have, and also enjoyed the time I have worked for them.
N/A
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 25, 2015
 Implemented and supported the company’s Operational Excellence Management System

 Analyzed customer, local, state, and federal HSSE requirements and make recommendations as to

training requirements – more... to meet these obligations

 Assisted in management system audits and incident investigations and facilitated with the

implementation of effective corrective actions and continual improvement in business processes.

 May assist with the administration company’s internal auditing system

 Implemented an effective safety and environmental management system that is documented and satisfies

regulatory and customer requirements – less
Stable place to work
Claims Service Assistant (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: No open opportunity at the time
Great company to work for. Was able to take advantage of the different trainings and classes. Good benefits and work environment. Ready for a new challenge with opportunity to move up.
large corporation
Claims Rep (Former Employee), Plano TXAugust 24, 2015
capital one is a very large corporation that really doesnt care about its employees. its so many people that they have a highturn over rate do to the unorganized corporation which makes it very hard to advance in the compant. Great company if your not looking for a career.
Good Neighbors are real
INITIAL LOSS REPORTING (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: management, promotion opportunites, benefits
I only left State Farm because I moved and there was no jobs open in the area I was moving to. I am hoping a position re-opens soon. The hardest part f the job is honestly all the modules during training. – more... The ILR position is pretty to the point and all word tracks. Management is there to help you promote. Honestly it is the best company I have ever worked for and I hope to be able to regain employment with them. – less
Liked working there
Agent (Former Employee), Moorpark, CaAugust 21, 2015
Pros: free insurance
Cons: straight commission
Not cut out for straight commission so I helped answer phones and various administrative duties. I had a couple friends from my church that worked there and I learned a lot; just not cut out for straight commission.
Headquarters