State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Found 3,562 reviews matching the search
productive
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 18, 2017
I truly enjoyed working at state farm, sales and customer service is incredible and the hours were amazing. helping customers made my day.
Friendly
Sales (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJanuary 18, 2017
I enjoyed working at chickfila for my first job. They worked with me on my schedule because I was currently going to school. They worked with you on the times you could work.
Boring Workplace
Telemarketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLJanuary 18, 2017
I rarely saw any of my coworkers because you are set up in back room alone with just a phone and a list of numbers that you are supposed to call. I had to call over 300 numbers daily to ask if they wanted a free estimate on their automobile or home insurance. Not to many people are friendly when they are called around dinner time.
Great place to work!
Initial Loss Reporting (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 18, 2017
They're there to help you advance. You can also get a lot of customer service experience which you can take with you. The job also lets you get a feel for the industry.
Set you up for success
Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Nice place to work. They really care about you and your work there. You feel very important no matter what you do. Only downfall, is you are on the computer talking on the phone all day.
So so
State Farm Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Not the best place to be if you have a life worth living. Definitely gave too much to just be let down.. I was a great person who worked hard and was let down..
Productive workplace
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 17, 2017
Great for growth in an organization. Pleasant atmosphere as well. If you love great benefits and rapidly changing environments this is perfect for you.
The check is nice the environment is interesting
Initial Loss Reporting (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJanuary 17, 2017
Their customers are ignorant to the the claims procedure and new initiatives it enacts through their employees. The procedures change every few weeks while they bring in hiring waves of hundreds of people to enact similar procedures every couple of months. They want to make the claims process quick and easy for the customer however you have to say and read a certain script based off of whether or not the customer has time or not. Also you have little to no say-so over what shift you get, and whatever you do. DON'T BE LATE!!!. Not a good job if you have transportation issues or if you're a single parent with not a lot of help at home.
Pros
compensation, benefits
Cons
adherence schedule, long work hours
Fun place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILJanuary 17, 2017
for me personally was a very steady repetetive job, i like challenge and something new everyday. it was a bit boring. i did learn a lot about all different types of policies. but there was always down time.
Pros
good management
Cons
too steady
Claims handling in a micro-managed environment
Claim Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYJanuary 17, 2017
This was an excellent place to work up until about six years ago. I loved my job and the people with whom I spend my work days. Unfortunately, the once family and employee oriented company became all about numbers and micromanagement.

I thought I would work up to my retirement with this company; however, this will not be the case.
Pros
Health, Dental, 401K & pension
Cons
Accuracy does not matter - only how fast you can get through the work.
Wonderful Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Wonderful Company, I have learn a lot in insurance from this company. It was the first company that gave me a chance once I change careers from mortgage to insurance.
Family
Office Assistant - Intern (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Management is great. The hours are great. The tension level does not exist for this branch. I recommend working for this organization if one is willing to take on a office job.
Great Company
ILR Associate (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 17, 2017
Great company to work for, they really take care of us. I have enjoyed my time with State Farm. Outstanding benefits and amazing perks that come with a job with State Farm.
Great
Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAJanuary 17, 2017
Its a great atmosphere for young individuals. The older generations work there as well, but they don't move around as much as the younger people. I loved it so much!
Underwriter Assistant
Underwriter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 17, 2017
The job isn't hard pay is not that great. I feel there is no room for growth at the company. Basically all day you are looking at policies and pulling various reports.
The company is different.
Estimator Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 16, 2017
A high paced and multi task positions, this company is not for someone whom wants to do very little. The offer very little for the employee to move about or up in the company. Required to take many classes without being able to use such classes. I would not tell someone to post for a position with this company.
Decent Job
Tier 2 Data Analyst / Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 16, 2017
Wasn't too bad of an experience, left for personal reasons. Sometimes you are very busy and sometimes you will be sitting in your cubical going insane. Very good pay.
Pros
Great Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Volatility of Work and Management
Productive environment and good learning experience
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  New City, NYJanuary 16, 2017
I am only a part time employee. I Work 9-5 two days a week. Good learning experience for me and I am also able to work on my professionalism and communication skills.
Pros
good work environment
Productive Fun Workplace with excellent benefits
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2017
State Farm was a wonderful place to work. A typical day at work consisted of gaining new customer and assisting current customers. I learned to field of insurance and the benefits of it. The management was not very friendly and very unprofessional. My co-workers were amazing. The hardest part of my job was interacting with management, and the most enjoyable part was actually executing my job and meeting new people.
Pros
Great benefits
Productive Workplace
Business Administrative Manageral Internship (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJanuary 16, 2017
Intense mission critical information that needs to be input into PowerPoint's, Word, and Excel within a timely and effective manner to ensure that the mission is completed.
Pros
The intensity of the mission critical information

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Reviews by Location