State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Very repetitive and peacefull at times
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLOctober 19, 2017
I worked for a State Farm independent agent for 10 years and it was great. If you're ok with repetition and handling people's money this is the job for you.
Pros
Quiet enviroment
Cons
Low pay and ALOT of tedious work
Challenging but not overly stressful
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2017
Busy, phone calls throughout the day ranging from simple to complicated. There is always the opportunity to learn something new as situations vary. Most of the duties are enjoyable with an occasional unpleasant or unhappy individual.
Run far away!!!
Underwriting Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 19, 2017
They don't care about their employees and openly view people as disposable. I sat near a manager's cubicle and would hear them talk about their team with other managers in a non-productive way. Ex. How annoying so and so was or what someone was wearing.

They are very unorganized for an "established" business and everyone runs around with their heads cut off, unaware of any updates to the work function or what everyone should be doing.

The level of incompetence at the Richardson/Dallas hub is unsightly.
It is ok
Payment plan rep (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 18, 2017
Can be stressful.. Repetitive All about goals. Hard to get days off. BUT does pay well and room for growth if you want it. Type of supervisor you get just depends on the teams needs. Some are worse than others.
Productive Place to work at
Network Infrastructure Analyst (Current Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 18, 2017
Statefarm is a company where we can learn a lot of things regarding how to work and how competitive we should be when comes to work. i have learned a lot of things here and i had become a better team player. This is a fun place to work with a lot of good teammates.
Great company greatbenefits
Claim Specialist (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNOctober 18, 2017
Not a bad place to work. I could easily work from home and accomplish much more. Management is supportive and my supervisor is one of the few who doesn't prescribe to micro-management.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Reduced flexibility
Assist incoming (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 18, 2017
I enjoy working and development a great gains of knowledge and training with this company. This company is very acceptance of people of all ages and background.
Pros
Hours are great
Really laxed
Policy Analyst (Former Employee) –  Laplace, LAOctober 18, 2017
Having worked on A part time basis, as a student. The compensation was good at that time. With proper shifts management, the company always strived to achieve life/work balance.
Management was so encouraging and supportive.

The culture was Awesome!
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Compensation based low hourly
No Review
insurance agent (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 18, 2017
No review - everyone's experience will be different. I would like to find a position outside of the insurance industry. Just like any other job, pros and cons.
Good challenges.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 18, 2017
Typical was busy with customer flow. When I wasn't filing and inputting data, I was helping customers with their insurance needs. Helping customers was always enjoyable.
If you even slightly do not like sales, this is not the job for you.
AGENT TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 18, 2017
You are not trained to sell a product that is best for the client. You are to tell them ANYTHING (straight out lie or little white lies) to get them to buy as many products as possible. even if it doesn't benefit or will extend the customer to far financially.
Pros
Eye opener to insurance industry.
Cons
The felling of disgust when you sell the customer something they dont need or can afford.
It is a nationwide company
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, NYOctober 17, 2017
It is a nationwide company and has several super hub claims centers across the United States. If your looking for a small office this is not the place. It is very monitored and controlled.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Locations
Review
Customer Service Representative (CCS) Part-time (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 17, 2017
State Farm is really not a bad company to work for. They are pretty much a laid back type of company. They take the company and customer serious. They are all about the company
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fun loving clean environment with great opportunities to excel in other departments.
SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAOctober 17, 2017
A typical day at State Farm is about five hours long. The call center is extremely high volume, which makes your day go by extremely fast. Management is always available on every shift to assist when help is needed. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to turn an angry customer into an extremely happy customer. The hardest part of my job was transitioning to other teams after building an awesome relationship with the people you're already around.
Boring
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 17, 2017
This job will make you want to rip your hair out! Sat in a back office every day for a year before I couldn't take it anymore. You either stay for 10 years or can barely make it past 6 months, when I left 3 other employees quit weeks apart.
Pros
Bonus for bringing in business
Cons
Boring, manager breathing down your throat, quotas on new business
Fast Pace working place
Administrative Assistant/Health Clinic (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 17, 2017
I worked in the Clinic inside of State Farm, I would answer phone calls from employees who would get sick at work or asking for an update of their FMLA. Taking vital signs of employee when they come into the clinic or providing a place for them to rest for an hour so they can recover and go back to their desk.
Pros
Sometimes we would provide health fair for the employees
Cons
Short breaks on long hours days.
State Farm
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 17, 2017
Great place to start off your insurance career. State Farm has great training to help you succeed with the overall company. Big brand name with a lot of business opportunities.
Productive, fast paced
Receptionist/ Team Member (Current Employee) –  Aurora, MOOctober 17, 2017
State Farm is a great company to work for, after all they are the #1 insurance company in the USA . There are a few customers who can get pretty hate full, but with a smile on your face, you can sometimes help them get calm & leave or hang up the phone happy & then there are the ones who are wonderful to work with. The enjoyable part, about this job is making people happy and putting a smile on someone's face and having a great team to work with.
Pros
Fun enviroment
Cons
getting upset customers
Research Agent before agreeing
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 16, 2017
do your homework on an agent before agreeing. Different offices have differing approaches. An agency with a high turn over rate is a red flag. Some agency are run well.
Work enviroment
Licensed Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Marion, INOctober 16, 2017
Great place to work. Team membership is highly valued. Great culture and co-workers. Many opportunities for advancement. In this position I was employed within an agent's office. Should I, my family, my wife was employed in upper management, were to relocate for her job, I had to start all over in the new location.
Pros
Great career path if not relocating.
Cons
Relocating.