State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Found 3,917 reviews matching the search
Great Management but always understaffed
Account Representative & Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  Estero, FLMarch 29, 2017
I have been here for over 2 years and they have always been understaffed. Not much room for growth unless you want to open an agency (business owner). No real benefits either. Pay is okay but you make a killing on overtime. If you meet sales goals as an office you get to take trips as a team which was awesome.
Initial Loss Reporting (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 29, 2017
I honestly don't have anything good or bad to say abot the company. If you are looking for a career in insurance, this is a good place to start......
Productive and busy environment.
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 29, 2017
Working at State Farm you learn all about property claims especially ones that are involved in catastrophes. This is a very high intense job that requires a lot of time, patience, customer service, and math. As you have to calculate the different dimensions of roofs/buildings that were destroyed or damaged. The management was great to deal with and you learn a lot within their training process in which is done within a classroom and being sent to the headquarters in Illinois.
management
IT Support Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 29, 2017
had their picks and showed favor to some employees always was rude callers and nothing was done about it. I learned that the customer is always right people that work don't have a say so or opinion or feelings
State farm Agents office
Insurance and Financial Services Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Odenton, MDMarch 29, 2017
My Agent was a class act. He was flexible and work life balance was great. As a sales manager, I had flexibility with work hours and being in and out of the office, as long as I was meeting the quota of course. Upward mobility is a touchy subject because there are limited number of positions due to being a small office.
Pros
flexible
Cons
pay proportional to sales
Fast Paced and educational
insurance agent (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYMarch 28, 2017
Friendly people to work with, face paced and good hours of operation. Good client to agent interaction and gain wide range of skills. I was able to learn at the job on the go.
Pros
health insurance paid for
Cons
Tests to get license are expensive and
Customer service
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, TXMarch 28, 2017
answer phones, sending emails, accepting new application, giving quotes

managment was great

everyone in the office was family and the staff that wasnt was still treated like family
Teamwork Atmosphere
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheswick, PAMarch 27, 2017
Great great company to work for. Team oriented, professional,inspirational to say the least. Quite proud of the business that they do and how they do it. Start to finish, an all-american company!
Pros
Teamwork Orientend
Cons
No healthcare benefits
Hard work
Agent Team Member (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 27, 2017
I enjoy working with others. It is a lot of hard work, but very time consuming. Sales must be a strong point. But I love meeting new people and making sure they are taken care of with their auto, life, and home.
Pros
Salary, paid vacation.
Cons
No benefits.
Productive and fun workplace
Technical Lead Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 27, 2017
Productive and fun workplace to work at, State Farm IT department is full of dynamic professionals and the e vironment is ever changing to adopt to new technologies

Want to know more about State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company?

Ask a question
Agency Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAMarch 27, 2017
selling insurance at an agency can have its ups and downs. you can be 100% commission and the principal agent has total say over your job. you are typically a 1099 so you must do your own withholding.
Ok
Underwriting Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2017
Excellent stable company, however the growth potential seemed limited. Worked on an old outdated system that was being updated. The distance and traffic to get there was wearing on my health.
Pros
Not a bad place to work - team oriented
Cons
Traffic area was very congested
Great Company/Great Benefits
Customer service, administrative, data entry (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 25, 2017
A typical day at work is extremely busy & requires customer service & knowledge. High volume, high phone calls, paperwork, etc.

I learned a lot about balancing, prioritizing and work ethic.

The workplace culture was "team work".

The hardest part of the job was being able to keep up with the work load at times. The most enjoyable part was being able to work for such a great company.
Pros
Great Company!
Cons
The company is a great company
Agent Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAMarch 25, 2017
The company itself is wonderful. The work load flow is okay but how well you do and the opportunities vary from agent to agent. This job offered no benefits packages
Pros
salary pay, PTO, great team members
Cons
no healtcare benefits
Intern
Lead receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85021March 24, 2017
Answered phone calls. Set dates. Appointments. Type up paper work. Organize clean. Office work. Office maintenance . Microsoft office. Know how to use a fax
Pros
People
Cons
Manager
I love talking to people and enjoy getting to help with their insurance needs.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 24, 2017
Everyone needs insurance. Let me help you decide what you need and explain the different types available just for you! My day is complete when I'm able to please the customer. I love to get to know all of my customers and visit about their daily lives.
it was just ok
Licensed Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAMarch 24, 2017
I cant complain much. I was pregnant during this time and wanted a desk job because I was high risk. but the insurance industry is tough period. non tangible sales is the hardest type of sell
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 24, 2017
A typical day at amazon was very fast paced, calls back to back. I learned about auto insurance. Management was nice. the workplace was great. the hardest part about my position was learning about the different auto insurance and benefits. the most enjoyable was my coworkers.
Bank Advisor (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYMarch 24, 2017
Working at a local agents office was the best jobs to gain experience in the workforce. Over the year I have learned how to build and manage relationships with customers.
Who Are You
ilr claims associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 24, 2017
If you that kind of person who want to sit on your butt all day and listening to call and put the same information in the computer and say the same thing all day long then you are good to go in this job. I had never ever work in a call center and never want to do this again. Over all state farm is pretty good company but can be stressfully and exhausting working 10 hours shift, put it this way it take a certain type of person to do this type of work doing the same thing continually.
Pros
Like most jobs benefits is good
Cons
It is a call center the title is ILR Associate sound nice ha!

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Reviews by Location