State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,211 reviews matching the search
Best place to start and move up.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 21, 2016
State Farm is a great opportunity. You can start with little to no experience, get trained into a customer service and sales master, compete with your peers to move up into agency ownership, and from there the earning potential is strickly up to you. Do you what to make nurse money, or doctor money? You can even make both if you have the drive to produce and treat people like you want to be treated. It can be freedom at it's best.
Pros
Unlimited earning protential
Cons
It is not easy for most.
Good job hourly pay- no hours or commission anymore
Insurance Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2016
The place looks nice, but state farm has and continues to hire so many sales reps the sales are distributed so you only get maybe 1 or 2 sales a week now so there hardly no commission. You get hired on as part-time and trying to get a full time shift is set up to be almost impossible. There are 2 types of sales supervisors at state farm those who are generally a good supervisor, and then the bad ones that are on a power-trip because they are in a supervisory position.
Benefits
Cons
too many sales reps = no calls and no commission
An awesomely advanced company who i still plan on reapplying
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2016
Every year of the time spent with my dearest work experience State Farm Insurance corporation has been a tremendous value.
Truly, in my several years with the company I assisted with it growing into a 10 million dollar office.
Usually, working 6 days a week. It was very enjoyable to see how stunningly well the corporation continues to develop its productive core.
Every co-worker and colleague of this dynamic company were very professional and worked with a spirit of clarity.
Pros
everything about this company is awesome
Cons
its very expensive to become an Agent
Safe work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 29, 2016
Working at State Farm definitely gave me a lot of experience. For instance it made me more confident for the way I work and for the way I speak. It definitely did improve my speech. It made me more confident to come up to people and get to know new people each and everyday. I made a lot of friends at work which is probably the best thing about working at State Farm, because each month you see a new face. The hardest part of the job was whenever there would be a long que, but yet everybody including myself made it to the end of the day making sure to give our customers the service they deserve.
Cons
short breaks, getting time off
Productive team environment.
Claims Associate for Injury Claims (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNAugust 23, 2016
A typical day at work is a fast paced environment with queue work and telephone calls from customers. I have learned to be flexible and productive managing my workload. Management is supportive of my goals and helps me reach them. My co-workers are encouraging, supportive, and give constructive feedback as needed. The hardest part of my job is learning my new role and the various systems I need to use to do complete tasks. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping others. I enjoy being able to help my customers, team members, and management by providing assistance when needed.
Pros
Benefits, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Flexibility in work schedule
Not the place for you if you want to use your brain
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 27, 2016
If you want a place that requires even a little critical thinking, this isn't it. They have "dumbed down" most of the jobs to where you are following step by step instructions and just reading word tracks. There is little opportunity to experience any job enrichment. The best part of the job is the people you work with...there is a sense of camaraderie since you are going through it together. The hardest part of the job is being constantly treated and talked to like you are stupid.
Pros
Benefits, 401k, Fully funded Pension
Cons
Micromanaging, no work life balance
Great environment for personal development.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 22, 2016
The organization has a rich history of being customer focus, employee development and managing the business effectively I most enjoyed getting to know all the wonderful people. Management styles depends who you get, but overall it is like working with a big family. Big on having mentors, and at times is who you know that helps advance with the organization.
Pros
Pay for performance and employee development
Cons
Movement of operations to four HUBS and staff reduction
Nice company
Claim Associate-Express (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 22, 2016
Good company, could be better. Could be better at advancing people, more open positions. Could have more employees; overbearing workload most of the time. Metrics set too high. Could be a lot less micromanaging; more festivities for the employees.

Learn a lot though as far as insurance and how it works, what's covered, not covered and why. Get to make liability decisions.
Pros
By 75 in Richardson, by train station
Cons
Short breaks, micromanaged
Underwriting Service Assistant
USA (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 17, 2016
Once a great company, but today's State Farm is so stressful from micro managers and trainers that new hires seldom remain past a year. Ever noticed why they are always hiring 100-140 new underwriting service assistance? It's because only a small number of them will remain at the end of 90 days. Just a hellacious micro managing hot mess but hey if you have 90 days and like getting treated like garbage give them a try.
Pros
Got to move from a building over run with rats to a new building. So we got that going for us, which is nice.
Cons
Environment, culture, managers, and compensation
loved dealing with customers, and being able to learn something new every day.
State Farm intern (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDAugust 27, 2016
while interning with state farm I got to learn a variety of things. First thing in the morning I got to handle the bank statement , then I had to go through State Farms system and recruit new customers and check on existing customers. I was also responsible for answering phones, transferring calls and creating data spread sheets for customers bill reliability for each month. My co-workers were great I loved having mentors who could teach me the ropes of the company. The hardest part of the job was learning the phone system. The most enjoyable part was learning the business traits and helping customers.
Pros
the amount of knowledge obtained
Cons
The owner was barely there.
Professional and Respectable
Claims Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 15, 2016
Quality Customer service internally and externally is extremely important to me. Working with the public has been challenging and satisfying. I work with some of the best and professional people. The hardest part of my job is when I can’t give the customer the answer they want. For example, I may have to tell them that we cannot pay their claim. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I can take a negative call and turn it around to a positive experience for the customer.
Pros
Great benifits, Awards, Great Co-workers, and Free lunches.
Cons
I cannot always give the customer the answer they want to hear.
It's not the same State Farm
Claims service assistant (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 7, 2016
There is a big reorganization in the works so changes will effect work/life balance. Co workers are great however new reorg will eliminate socializing with coworkers. We are on the phone and in our seat over 7 hrs a day, timed for everything we do, it is stressful and unhealthy. The hardest part of the job is trying to remain pleasant and professional while taking incoming calls. Most enjoyable part of the job may be that one call you get and you can actually help someone and they are thankful.
benefits
Cons
work force mangement
• Define, create, maintain and implement the product Suite SCM plan. • Participate in Systems Architecture design decisions by providing guidance on a
SCM Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 7, 2016
• Collaborate with Build Engineer on SCM structure definition and modifications.
• Collaborate with other SCM Engineers to ensure systems integration across all product Suites.
• Define and implement streaming strategies in alignment with development objectives.
• Collaborate with the infrastructure organization on SCM infrastructure needs and future demands.
• Plan, implement and validate asset migration efforts.
Good company, but rapidly changing
HR (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 5, 2016
The company is going through a large change, centralizing and going 24/7 with many jobs. work/life balance is only achievable in certain roles. Compensation, benefits and retirement are great. if you are willing to work different hours, and willing to move around the country, great place to be. If you need flexibitiy and cannot relocate to one of their main offices, very limited opportunities.
Pros
benefits, retirement plans, nice people
Cons
has lost flexibility and changing core vcaues
It was nice to work there
Producer (Former Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAJuly 14, 2016
Everyone was so nice and professional also. Was kind to customers making sure they were happy with there insurance needs. Good benefits. you would go in at 8:00am worked until 5:00pm. I loved to help customers with there Insurance needs and to take care of there problems. there was no hard part of this job. I loved that State Farm would upgrade there computer program to keep up with the times.
Pros
Close to home, great people to work for
liab, total loss
Claim Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 22, 2016
Responsible for investigating, determined liability, review police reports , contacting service shops, salvage providers, ordering scene investigation, reviewing scene diagrams, surveillance tapes.
Recorded statements, document injuries prepare file for BI adjuster, communication with attorneys and evaluate for personal injury protection
total loss
negotiating property damage settlements, processing necessary paperwork, title, power of attorney needed for the disposition of salvage.Manage rental extensions. Communicate with agents regarding total loss, Fast Track settlements, Dispatch Claims, Review and Edit Estimates, Review and Discuss Coverage, Supplement Claims, Negotiate with Contractors and public adjusters,
Family(co-workers and customers)
LICENSED PROPERTY AND CASUALTY PRODUCER (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, VAJune 29, 2016
When I started my job with state farm in abingdon I was hired for 1 week to answer phones and file. The agent liked my work and asked if I would like to stay on as part-time and get my license in property and casualty. Insurance is a challenge, you learn something new everyday and it's always changes. It for sure is a field of work that some are good at it and others it's not for them.
I loved my job and found a career that I am happy with. A very challenging job field. Building bonds with old and new customers and helping them, even if it is just lending them a ear makes each and every challenge worth it.
Great work environment
Marketing Coordinator / Business Development (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAJune 28, 2016
State Farm is a great company to work for with a strong history of customer service. Working inside the agents office has afforded me the time to sharpen my knowledge in the insurance industry. My day usually consist of Marketing out in the community and handling customer calls for policy help or adding on to the policy. My goal is to move back into a leadership role so I can help guide others that’s starting in the insurance industry.
Pros
Flexibility, fast pace, team oriented
Cons
Benefits, income and rate increases
Challenging and exciting
Claims associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 25, 2016
State Farm offers a set schedule for its' employees and excellent benefits and wages. Advancement is amazing as well, within 6 months you can be promoted as long as you don't have any write ups. The typical day in ILR is taking incoming calls from our insured customers as well as claimants from other insurance companies. You spend about 20 minutes on average per call and read through a script and gather and enter all of the necessary information. You will set up services for qualified State Farm customers and make sure they are informed on the next steps of the claim process. Most managers are lenient as long as you are a hard worker but some are strict and you can get written up for being 1 minute late.
Pros
Advancement, pay, interesting work
Cons
Lots of sitting
Stable company with longevity in the insurance industry
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 16, 2016
Great company to work for with amazing benefits.
Management structure and dynamics have been positive
Team environment that promotes unity.
The monitored schedules every day is the most difficult
Working closely with positive people
Pros
Office activities, discounts, partnerships and programs with other companies
Cons
Monitored schedule, constant changes in position structure and employee responsibilities. Pay compensation

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Reviews by Location