State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
2,253 reviews

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Fun work in environment/Mostly sales oriented
Insurance Account Representative (Current Employee), Bay Minette, ALJune 1, 2015
Pros: can excell within the company if you are driven, fun work environment
Cons: No Health Benefits, small amount of sick days, not intended for someone who isn't driven
Cold calling from a lead list and from the existing book of business is mostly how sales are accumulated, sometimes walk ins. You learn a lot about software and good sales techniques. You need to build relationships with potential clients and existing customers. Management style is laid back. As long as you do your job they aren't on top of you. Co-workers are great, it's like a small family. The hardest part of he job is making sure you don't get side tracked from doing whatever it is you are there to do, such as; ALL SALES or ALL SERVICE. meeting your monthly goals can be difficult sometimes. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping people save money!
Productive Job
Title Document Processing (Former Employee), Greeley, COJune 1, 2015
Group meeting were we would be recognized for the hard work we have accomplished in the week. Co- workers were best always available to answer a question. I loved working this job.
Supportive
Agent/Owner (Former Employee), Tuscumbia,ALJune 1, 2015
Great place to be small business owner. Great support and products. Freedom to build business. Great support systems for claims and technical issues.
no longer is operation
ILR Claims Associate (Current Employee), tucker, gaJune 1, 2015
People are willing to help and the environment is quiet and somewhat fun. Some are there for different reasons, but it is what you make it.
Nice work environment
Office Helper (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 31, 2015
Pros: Location
Manager is understanding and compassionate. Locaton is close to home and the work isn't overly demanding. State Farm is a great company to work for!
Great place to work!
Claims Representative (Current Employee), Frederick, MDMay 30, 2015
Pros: Free lunch on Saturday-beautiful campus in rural area
Cons: none
This was a temporary assignment. I enjoyed working at State Farm. There is lots of room for advancement. State Farm truly cares about their employees. The State Farm campus in Frederick MD is a beautiful place surrounded by cornfields in a rural area. Very refreshing to arrive to work in that environment versus working in noisy downtown city location. Would do another temporary assignment if offered
Fast Paced
Licensed Insurance Producer (Former Employee), Edina, MNMay 29, 2015
Cons: Litte to no breaks
My days were spent meeting the many needs of my agent's clients. A majority of my time was spent taking phone calls and answering current coverage questions. The hardest part about my time at State Farm was the lack of breaks. Lunch breaks were rarely taken etc.
n/a
Agent Staff (Former Employee), Ames, IAMay 29, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Worked in an agents office in college. It was a great place to get me prepared for the professional workforce. They were also very flexible around my course work.
slow paced low compensation
account representative (Former Employee), Fairview park ohioMay 29, 2015
Pros: 9-5 work day
Cons: commission scale, office structure, no growth
I am a licensed professional was working with a life insurance company traveling between 300-400 miles a day and needed a change. came to an agent in Fairview park ohio that had no idea how to drive business into the office and limited my opportunity to drive business. he had no Idea what he was doing bringing a sales rep in. state farm in general didn't provide much support to his office that I noticed. my advice would be to very particular in what agent you get hired on with. different agents have different experiences. my rating is low due to him.
Fun and busy work place
Representative (Former Employee), Fort Lupton, COMay 29, 2015
No support from this agent only. Not speaking on other offices. Her management style made it difficult for me. Her favoritism and constant bad mouthing customers after they left the office was very unprofessional. I needed her assistance to help me with my difficulties dealing with irate customers but her response was more of a caddy and high school approach and I felt left out and targeted in our office of 3 employees.
Very productive and very fun.
Word Processor (Former Employee), Rohnert Park, CAMay 28, 2015
A typical day at work.
Everyday 8 to 4 pm. Consistency was nice. Always plenty of work. Management was extremely helpful. There was no hardest part of the job. The enjoyable part was getting work done at an exceptional rate.
Amazing experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: Low Benefits
When I came into this position as a receptionist. Started with basic payments, customer questions and would look for possible up-sells to send to the other sells representatives. As time passed I began picking up more responsibilities which led to me preparing and getting my Property and Casualties License. That led me to start selling State Farm Products myself as well as help with claims. I also began reconciling the all State Farm Transactions. This was actually a different experience. It was a small office with about 3-5 other employees. Management was tough on us to meet goals but I just helped to build a team environment. We all help each other reach our goals. My favorite part of this job was when I was able to help a customer get through a tough claim from start to beginning. It was rewarding to see their happiness and that I was able to get them there. The hardest part would be when I saw that a customer would leave us. Not because we were a bad agency but because we couldn't match their premiums to what they could afford.
Great company.
Multi Line Sales Representative (Former Employee), Commerce, MichiganMay 28, 2015
Pros: Strong home office backing.
Cons: No breaks - no lunches.- no leaving the building during working hours.
Overall great company with good insurance products and great customer service.
Co-workers friendly and the customer service and sales rewarding.
Poor working conditions, one bathroom in old building, no breaks or
outside lunches - required too eat at your desk all the time.
Stable and Family like Business
Customer Service (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 27, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Transitions
My job at State Farm was very enjoyable. I like the interaction with Agents and working with a team atmosphere. My co-workers were like my sisters. We all got along great and worked together to get our jobs done.

The hardest part of the job was going through the transition and stress of the company moving to Austin.
Fun workplace to work at.
DATA ENTRY SPECIALIST (Temp) (Former Employee), Madison, WIMay 27, 2015
Pros: Friendly atmosphere
Cons: Not enough hours to work.
My supervisor was friendly. We always chatted about stuff. I enjoyed working there. The tasks were simple and easy to learn. I would work there again.
Productive and Comfortable self paced enviroment
Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Richardson, TXMay 27, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches, Continuing education
Cons: Competitive Pay through out the market or industry
I enjoyed working at State Farm daily speaking with customers over the phone. I have learned how to personalize conversations with policy holders by providing them with a caring seamless interaction. Management was always available to help advance your career. My team and I were supportive of each other and focused on the goal at hand. The hardest part of the job was not being able to fully commit to the customer and their needs because others were in need of assistance. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be self productive under little supervision.
Opened up many opportunities for me
Assistant (Former Employee), Chardon, OHMay 26, 2015
Very organized and positive environment. Helpful and kind employees. This job opened up many opportunities for me and I appreciate all that they have done for me.
Our productive days came in where if we needed one other, some one was always there. no matter if it was client related, quote or billing.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Meridian, MSMay 26, 2015
Pros: Radio Station 105.7 provided lunch to our office for top office of the week.
Cons: Hour lunches
State Farm was an awesome place to work for, I was initially hired as an CSR but clients continued to come view me as an agent until it was basically required for me to go get my license to become an licensed agent. I love the company. the people and the environment. If give the opportunity I would love to work at another State Farm office any day. Any typical day at work where we knew the clients name as they were family came in with donuts, candy or just any little happy. My co-workers who was also like family brighten my day with a funny friendly smiley face which reminded me that we with get through this day together. As a manager I made sure the workers were comfortable before we began our day, office supplies were handy and smiles was our sun light weather it was rain, fleet or snow because I learned quickly where there's no support on having a successful day at work on a glummy day. there was no work done.
NA
System QA Analyst (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILMay 25, 2015
Currently I am working in State Farm Insurance Company in Bloomington, IL. It is a very good environment for working in IT section as a Software System Quality Analyst. All co-worker are very friendly and help full. I like this place. I am working with Billing and Payment Project for UI and Back End for data validation.
Insurance Account Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 25, 2015
Pay is terrible. Turnover is very high. No benefits. All SF agent owners are independent. You can't expect to be there long unless you are a robot and can deal with terrible pay and no benefits.

1 2 3 4 5

About State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five cars on the road is insured with State – Read more

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Salaries