State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,135 reviews matching the search
Great environment for personal development.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 22, 2016
The organization has a rich history of being customer focus, employee development and managing the business effectively I most enjoyed getting to know all the wonderful people. Management styles depends who you get, but overall it is like working with a big family. Big on having mentors, and at times is who you know that helps advance with the organization.
Pros
Pay for performance and employee development
Cons
Movement of operations to four HUBS and staff reduction
liab, total loss
Claim Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 22, 2016
Responsible for investigating, determined liability, review police reports , contacting service shops, salvage providers, ordering scene investigation, reviewing scene diagrams, surveillance tapes.
Recorded statements, document injuries prepare file for BI adjuster, communication with attorneys and evaluate for personal injury protection
total loss
negotiating property damage settlements, processing necessary paperwork, title, power of attorney needed for the disposition of salvage.Manage rental extensions. Communicate with agents regarding total loss, Fast Track settlements, Dispatch Claims, Review and Edit Estimates, Review and Discuss Coverage, Supplement Claims, Negotiate with Contractors and public adjusters,
great company
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJuly 21, 2016
great company i loved working for state farm. never had any issues and learned a lot from the position. had a great boss. I had to go due to college but I will go back anytime.
Good Job
Sales (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 21, 2016
Good hours, boss is awesome, if you like sales this is a good fit, if you dont like sales go somewhere else. The pay is good.
Total Loss Claim Associate (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 21, 2016
A typical work day consists of reviewing mail and handling it accordingly while also answering the phones and tending to the needs of both the insured and third party. Working at State Farm allowed me to utilize and my customer service skills when dealing with those who have faced a loss from very minor to epic proportions.

The management prides themselves on having an open door policy and being available to any employee. The managers in the office where I have worked are not only approachable but very friendly and welcoming.

The friendships that I have made while working at State Farm are more then just friendships - these people are family. People are there for you not just physically but emotionally and mentally as well both at and away from work.

Its difficult having to tell someone that part or all of their claim wont be paid and then explaining why.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that no matter what I have going on I can count on the people I work with to be there for me no matter what.
Pros
Great Benefit Package
Cons
Pay is not as competitve as other insurance companies.
Great Place
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJuly 21, 2016
Great place to work with awesome opportunity's. Many ways to make it like your own business. Grateful for the opportunity to work for this company.
Fun place to work
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHJuly 21, 2016
Management was very intense. Constant worrying about how well you handled a call. Management also would be over your shoulder. Great people work there, benefits were great micromanagement not so great.
State Farm
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 19, 2016
You have to be careful turn over rate. You will answer phones have to be fast and not care about the people on the other line it is sad job.
Account Manager and More
Life Insurance
Surety/ Fidelity Bonds
Workers Comp
General Liability
good place to work, benefits
Keypuncher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 18, 2016
Sat in office and did keypunch to computers and learned many aspects to insurance invoices. Management was great and my co workers were very nice to work with. Really there wasn't a hard part for the job and I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Good benefits, enjoyable work, and nice coworkers
Cons
Did not really have any cons working there.
Friendly Service with Great Products
Licensed Customer Service and Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHJuly 18, 2016
I enjoy helping people find the right products for them and helping them achieve their dreams and move towards a better future. Underwriting and a personable team helped me get a start on a good career and investment for myself and my community.
Fun place to work.
Account Manager/ Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2016
The work load is always changing and no day is the same. Work is always fun and interesting. If you do not work for the corporate office you do not have any group benefits but other than that it is a great place to be.
Cons
No group benefits of your not at a corporate location.
State Farm Helped Me Fall In Love with the P&C Insurance Indsutry
Account Manager/Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 17, 2016
I loved working for State Farm and with a State Farm Agent. My ability to learn was not limited, however I found out I'd like to have my own Agency / Business instead of being behind the desk.
Not a good job.
State Farm Agent (Former Employee) –  Union, MOJuly 17, 2016
Very demanding job that has very small up side to it. Compensation is rewarding but very hard to earn. Job is always changing but never in your favor
Great Company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 17, 2016
Work/life balance is hard but manageable. Great place to work and the benefits are Excellent. Large and growing company.
Underwriting Service Assistant
USA (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 17, 2016
Once a great company, but today's State Farm is so stressful from micro managers and trainers that new hires seldom remain past a year. Ever noticed why they are always hiring 100-140 new underwriting service assistance? It's because only a small number of them will remain at the end of 90 days. Just a hellacious micro managing hot mess but hey if you have 90 days and like getting treated like garbage give them a try.
Pros
Got to move from a building over run with rats to a new building. So we got that going for us, which is nice.
Cons
Environment, culture, managers, and compensation
depends on agent
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 16, 2016
love working for the company compensation is very minimum. I was sold on idea and salary that will not be realistic for years to come
If you work for a great agent you will love your job
Marketing / Sales (Current Employee) –  Burbank, ILJuly 16, 2016
I have loved every hour of working at the Rani Taweel State Farm Agency. If you are working in agency it gives you a great understanding of how to run a business, whether it involves: Public Relations with your community, Marketing, Managing, or even just the selling aspect of the company. You will learn to develop many skills working there.

But, if you are working for an agent who is not hands on at their own office and rely on their employees to run the show, it will be stressful and something that you do not enjoy doing.

I never wake up with the thought of "I wish I didn't have to go to work today."
Pros
Flexible hours, Uncapped Commission, Salary based, Great Shifts, With a good agent comes a good work environment
Cons
Work tends to follow you home, You have to deal with the customers who aren't that knowledgable to this business so, you need patience.
Not my first choice anymore
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 15, 2016
You might have a set up time when you come in but you really don't know when are you coming out of the office.
You work overtime hrs but don't get compensated.
Pros
the people you work with
Cons
hours/pay
Professional and Respectable
Claims Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 15, 2016
Quality Customer service internally and externally is extremely important to me. Working with the public has been challenging and satisfying. I work with some of the best and professional people. The hardest part of my job is when I can’t give the customer the answer they want. For example, I may have to tell them that we cannot pay their claim. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I can take a negative call and turn it around to a positive experience for the customer.
Pros
Great benifits, Awards, Great Co-workers, and Free lunches.
Cons
I cannot always give the customer the answer they want to hear.

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Reviews by Location