State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Found 4,177 reviews matching the search
Workplace
Claim Specialist (Auto Claims) (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDMay 20, 2017
A typical day at work is answering phones and working tasks. The hardest part of the job is making liability decisions and ensuring that you meet all the metrics. The management lacks compassion and communication with the staff.
Pros
Monday through Friday
Cons
The management
review
Receptionist, Bank lead (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMay 19, 2017
Positive environment, great staff and friendly customers. Always something to work on while on the job, lots of mutual respect of personal time and taking time off.
Good people with upstanding morals. Integrity is upheld with strong emphasis on training.
Auto Estimator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMay 19, 2017
Great company to work for with numerous benefits. Great retirement plan and 401. Plenty of vacation time. Great opportunity for advancement and hundreds of jobs to choose from.
Pros
Get to work by myself
Cons
Travel a lot
work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 19, 2017
all they are concerned about are numbers. I like to build relationships. I felt like a robot trying to get my numbers. Work is environment is ok you get to work and meet some true down to earth folk. I felt lost sometimes with different changes with the company, my office was an established office and they wasn't into learning al the new things. which
Pros
builing relationship
Cons
management
No benefits
Marketing Coordinator & Bank Specialist (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAMay 19, 2017
No advancement Oppurtunities Poor training low pay Horrible commission and bonus structure poor leadership poor training no benefits Monday through friday
great company
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 19, 2017
I learned how to process automobile accident claims. met a lot of great people and learned a lot about how accident claims are handled and taken care of.
I love it
Claims Express Associate (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 19, 2017
I loved this job and company. They have a really good benefits program. It is easy to move up in the company.They are a company of changes so do not get comfortable with one way of doing things.
Individual agent owned office
Insurance Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 19, 2017
They make the rules. you do not get the benefits of a large company and the benefits sucked. it was also based solely on the commission, so not hitting only led to termination.
Run for the hills
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 18, 2017
State Farm used to be a great company, but has since gone through a reorganization. Everything is documented--everything down to bathroom breaks. No time off available. Don't do it!
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Everything else
Its not the same
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 18, 2017
Company is changing. Less money more work. No reward. Indefinite incumbency periods for employees that don't allow for growth caused by badly implemented company changes
Fun workplace
Assistant/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montrose, CAMay 18, 2017
A typical day of work consisted of filing all the papers that were needed be filed, Answering the phone calls and transferring them to the proper person, calling on customers claims, and inputting information into the computer. The management is great there. The hardest part of the job was answering a customers question on a claim when the company wouldn't give you the best information. The most enjoyable part was assisting customers.
managment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Shafter, CAMay 18, 2017
I loved working here I learned so much to customer service to inputting information on the computer , I also learned how to take inventory , take and make phone calls .
Pros
free lunch here and there.
Cons
payday twice a month
great coworkers and managers to work for
Auto Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAMay 17, 2017
on an everyday came in to work, my days consisted of answering phone calls, reviewing and negotiating claims with claimants, assist team member with their work load, learned time management and how to balance a full work load, the hardest part would be dealing with claimants who are not happy with their settlement but as long as I would be able to explain how the settlement amount was made and the process of their claim it may them understand the claim process
Pros
working with friendly coworker and very knowledgable manager
Cons
as a temp employee there are no benefits
Productive yet micro managed workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2017
Uplifting environment with high expectations for services. Equal opportunities to escalate throughout the company. Unlimited access to benefits and discounts.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
did not like working for something i didnt believe in
Licensed Representative (Former Employee) –  Robinson, ILMay 17, 2017
I didn't like working for something I didnt believe in
wife of agent took over the office
one raise in 16 years
did all the work while agent got the credit
Great and Fun
Agent/Owner (Current Employee) –  Kalispell, MTMay 17, 2017
Truly enjoy working with State Farm as an Agent. The Agent training was spot on, and helping getting the license to sale insurance was a breeze. The company truly takes care of their Agents.
Pros
Be Your Own Boss
Cons
Start Up Costs
Good company
Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 17, 2017
I would recommend working here, good pay, decent benefits. If you need an entry level sales position with not much experience needed, try working in insurance. Training is provided and the compensation is awesome.
Pros
good compensation, weekday hours
Cons
commission based, independent agents
join the cult
Claim Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 17, 2017
you need to join the cult if you want to move up. Lots of competition when it comes to applying for new jobs and that is because there is thousands of people working there. Drink the juice though and it will take you where you want to go.
Pros
insurance sucks
Cons
everything about it.
Review
Producer (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 17, 2017
This was a great opportunity, but I did not trust the management nor did I like their customer service. There were questionable action that I did not agree with.
Great company!
Insurance Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Independence, IAMay 17, 2017
State farm is a wonderful place to work and grow professionally. You have the opportunity to build relationships with customers and help with their Insurance and financial needs.

CEO Approval