State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Found 3,263 reviews matching the search
• Define, create, maintain and implement the product Suite SCM plan. • Participate in Systems Architecture design decisions by providing guidance on a
SCM Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 7, 2016
• Collaborate with Build Engineer on SCM structure definition and modifications.
• Collaborate with other SCM Engineers to ensure systems integration across all product Suites.
• Define and implement streaming strategies in alignment with development objectives.
• Collaborate with the infrastructure organization on SCM infrastructure needs and future demands.
• Plan, implement and validate asset migration efforts.
Good company, but rapidly changing
HR (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 5, 2016
The company is going through a large change, centralizing and going 24/7 with many jobs. work/life balance is only achievable in certain roles. Compensation, benefits and retirement are great. if you are willing to work different hours, and willing to move around the country, great place to be. If you need flexibitiy and cannot relocate to one of their main offices, very limited opportunities.
Pros
benefits, retirement plans, nice people
Cons
has lost flexibility and changing core vcaues
It's great if you like insurance
Licensed in Property/Casualty and Life/Health (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSSeptember 15, 2016
I don't really get a sense of fulfillment at the end of the day. Same thing every day. You have a great opportunity for advancement, but if you have children, you can very easily get pulled into putting your job 1st. The more you dedicate yourself, the more money you can make, just like most other job I suppose. My theory is work smarter not harder, and in this field I think you can be very limited due to being limited by the intelligence and morals of clients. Every agency is different, so I guess this really wouldn't apply to ALL State Farm agencies, but would definitely apply to the majority of clients. Once again, every State Farm agency is different and has a different client base. Too many variables to give you a general review about State Farm.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Monotonous
Family(co-workers and customers)
LICENSED PROPERTY AND CASUALTY PRODUCER (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, VAJune 29, 2016
When I started my job with state farm in abingdon I was hired for 1 week to answer phones and file. The agent liked my work and asked if I would like to stay on as part-time and get my license in property and casualty. Insurance is a challenge, you learn something new everyday and it's always changes. It for sure is a field of work that some are good at it and others it's not for them.
I loved my job and found a career that I am happy with. A very challenging job field. Building bonds with old and new customers and helping them, even if it is just lending them a ear makes each and every challenge worth it.
enjoyed working with customers not only by phone but also in person
Costumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 1, 2016
I liked that State Farm likes to build and maintain relationships with their customers. They provide alot of ways to stay in touch with their policyholders like for example the mobile application "Pocket Agent." Their customers get a tailored policy that meets their own personal insurance needs.
Great work environment
Marketing Coordinator / Business Development (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAJune 28, 2016
State Farm is a great company to work for with a strong history of customer service. Working inside the agents office has afforded me the time to sharpen my knowledge in the insurance industry. My day usually consist of Marketing out in the community and handling customer calls for policy help or adding on to the policy. My goal is to move back into a leadership role so I can help guide others that’s starting in the insurance industry.
Pros
Flexibility, fast pace, team oriented
Cons
Benefits, income and rate increases
No one day is ever the same!
Market Representative (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOAugust 15, 2016
I have learned so much working for an amazing insurance company! The hardest part of my job is trying to help folks who are un or under insured make it through terrible losses. The best part of my job is the relationships with clients, who trust me to help them in every area of their life; life insurance, home insurance, Long-Term Care, Bank products-We do it all!!
Stable company with longevity in the insurance industry
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 16, 2016
Great company to work for with amazing benefits.
Management structure and dynamics have been positive
Team environment that promotes unity.
The monitored schedules every day is the most difficult
Working closely with positive people
Pros
Office activities, discounts, partnerships and programs with other companies
Cons
Monitored schedule, constant changes in position structure and employee responsibilities. Pay compensation
customer service and sales
Marketing Representative\ Agent staff (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJuly 26, 2016
Typical 8 hr cubicle office work. Learned all about how the insurance industry works- for the betterment of the company and the insured. Hardest past was days on end of cold calling. The most enjoyable parts were being able to, sometimes literally, hold an insureds hand thru the process of a claim and get them the help they needed.
Productive is a all time high demand
Claim Specialist (Current Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAAugust 16, 2016
*15 to 20 calls during the day
*how to investigate auto claims
*management is soft spoken
*easy to work with and valueable resource when handling claims
*other coworker not doing their job by handling claim or moving claim forward to completions
*laughing with coworkers
Cons
non optional overtime and had to receive vacation time off
Amazing entry level call center environment.
Auto Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 9, 2016
State Farm is an amazing company that truly lives up to its stated ideals. Associates are well treated and the overall compensation from wage to benefits and time off are great. The more education you have will help open doors for your career at State Farm.
Pros
Salary, benefits, employees treated well
Cons
Call Center environment, strict metrics
Fun place and good atmosphere
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 12, 2016
As a start up branch, drastically increased clientele, efficiently resolved many client issues, established good working relationships with customers, improved customer service satisfaction and quality performance, reached objectives and consistently met deadlines and quarterly budget
Pros
discount
Cons
I did not see any
Fast pace office. Continuous education.
Licensed Insurance Rep (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJune 10, 2016
No two days are the same. The phone continually rings and there is always something to do. Whether filing or marketing calls to make and writing insurance for autos, home, motor cycles, boats, RV, etc...Also have all banking products such as checking, savings, cds, IRA, auto & mortgage loans etc..
There are internet leads to call and follow up on. Writing insurance is a very interesting and exciting job.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
healthcare
Great office environment and a very organized office.
Office / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sauk Rapids, MNJuly 25, 2016
I answered phones, greeted clients, made bank deposits, ordered supplies and set up appointments.
I learned how important it was to have great communication in the office so we all were on the same page with weekly office meetings.
I had very good co-workers with them helping me with questions and problems I had. They all had great personalities and easy to work with.
The hardest part of my job was working with a client who was upset with something such as a raise in their premiums.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my great co-workers and in helping to new client save on premiums with better coverage.
Pros
Were flexible with appointments, very nice clean office, awesome co-workers and close to my home.
Cons
Loved working with my supervisor and working with the public.
Get a good manager, and you'll be fine
ILR Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 4, 2016
The CIR scores are unrealistic.... People who want to be there are getting let go because of pettiness on scoring, what happen to real customer service. I love the job, but the they dont tell you up front how serious the scores are not that I was relaxed about it.... Im so disappointed in StateFarm... I very hurt...
Pros
Unlimited Money
Cons
CIR Scores
Competitive environment
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Kensington, MDJune 7, 2016
A day of work was typically meting customer expectations at the same time meting agency goals on sales.
I learn that every individual have the capacity of pushing ourselves and expect more of self.
Management were willing to provide the necessary tools to perform our jobs and exchange tactical information to fulfill goals.
Co-workers were friendly and passionate about their duties.
The hardest part was not meeting projection.
I enjoy the challenge and the competitive environment.
Pros
Free snacks and prizes.
Cons
not meeting projections
Typical Insurance Office Job
Fully licensed office manager, servicing accounts (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCJune 7, 2016
The days were 8 hour, 1st shift days. I dealt with a variety of customers and personalities. I learned how to problem solve with accounts, deal with difficult and pleasant customers, and write/assess a variety of insurance policies and risks. Co-workers were good to work with as was the management. The hardest part of the job was trying to fix problems with accounts with "our hands tied" when corporate ultimately had the power to make the changes. The enjoyable part of the job was the pay.
Great place to have a career and grow with a company.
Auto Underwriting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJune 7, 2016
At State Farm I held many job duties, my last job duty I was an Auto Underwriter that turned into a Call Center type job. As an Auto Underwriter you are responsible for analyzing the data in the insurance application forms and determining the credit worthiness of the application.
Management was great, however, not supportive in a time of need.
Co-workers were great, it is nice when you can have co-workers and create true friendships from a job.
Hardest part of the job was leaving a company that used to be a great place to work.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility we had as we were in a professional position.
Pros
Great hours and benefits
Amazing company!
ILR Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 28, 2016
State Farm is an amazing company to work for. Additionally, Great insurance to have as a customer! I highly recommend "people-people" to work with State Farm. If you do not like working with people and can not appreciate the fact that "life happens" to really good people, you probably should not apply here. State Farm is top-notch!
Pros
Awesome, caring co-workers and management
similar work as Burton Estimates except corporate schedule and rules
Senior Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  KansasJune 3, 2016
Fun to help people recover from damages.

Enjoyed co-workers, customers, and agents.

Completed customer surveys and reported on customer satisfaction to management.

Presented training to improve estimatic consistency and customer service.

Continuous repeated Corporate re-organizations were not so good.

Continuous company changes to customer service was not so good.

Overall, I enjoy helping people/customers.
Pros
Customer focus
Cons
Corporate Re-organizations and restructuring

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Reviews by Location