State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Found 4,627 reviews matching the search
Mediocre job
Claim Specialist (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALAugust 11, 2017
When I left it was a mediocre job. But note, it didn't start off that way. Over the years the culture of the company have change dramatically. Some good, but mostly not so good. Work life balance changed for the worst. Pay is mediocre. Workload extremely heavy.
Relaxed work area and friendly atmosphere.
Internship (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 10, 2017
I took this internship so that I could learn some things about the business world; however, all I did was contact non-customers trying to offer them a free quote. Although I didn't learn much, it was a relaxed atmosphere with friendly co-workers.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Repetitive.
Great Place to work
Auto/ Independent Claim Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLAugust 10, 2017
Great Place to work
Office is huge.
I would recommend working as an independent or staff adjuster.
Great systems to process claims and work load not heavy.
Great Job
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLAugust 10, 2017
Good company, great staff. Very friendly, was complicated well for my work. Worked with my schedule. Friendly agent, and great atmosphere. Never worked longer then I had to.
Very educational place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Macclenny, FLAugust 10, 2017
This job was the most educational place I have ever worked. There were advancement opportunities, licensure, and continuing education opportunities provided and paid for. This job taught me so much about customer service and professionalism.
Pros
Educational opportunities
Cons
No retirement for entry-level agency positions
Claims Assistant/Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Albany, CAAugust 10, 2017
I do not wish to review this company at this time as I only worked there for a year. I did not like the commute which is the reason I left State Farm.
Excellent work enviroment
Claim Handler (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 10, 2017
I loved the environment at State Farm, the management, the community, the desire to assist others in need, the team work.

Overall this is an amazing company to work for and be a part of
Fire Catastrophe Claim Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2017
Through the years there have been many changes at State Farm. But I realize that for a company to grow, changes must occur. The only change I do not agree with is Job Work/Life Balance. Years ago, it was expected that all employees be able to maintain their work/life balance. However, in recent years, the only balance allowed is for work.
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
time clocks
Fantastic work environment
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 10, 2017
Learned to Analyzed Client Life styles in order to determine the proper insurance required. Sold and wrote coverage for Life, Health, Property and Casualty insurance. Built and maintained a professional client base through annual reviews. Handled financial responsibilities for firm, including reconciling bank statements, daily bank deposits and cash handling. Consistently created solutions to benefit both the company and the customer. Wonderful learning experience.
Pros
Productive and fun work environment
Cons
n/a
I worked here for 19 years
Sr. Underwriting Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 10, 2017
Typical work day was busy. Everything I know about working in an office environment I learned at State Farm. It was my first full time job out of high school. Management was easy to approach and get along with.
Good company
Customer Relations Representative and Sales (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 10, 2017
There is never a day that isn't busy and there is always room to grow.... but the benefits aren't that great. You can keep advancing, which is great but State Farm's rates have increased which can be challenging to sell product.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Poor benefits
Quick Paced and Competitive Environment with Team Work
All Lines Insurance Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX 75082August 10, 2017
You are never bored working auto claims. Everyday there is a claim need that requires your attention and I loved that it was a very team oriented environment working on the Richardson, TX campus. There was never an issue with getting a hold of managers and senior leadership with any issues and they were always encouraging through their mentor ship. I honestly wish they had a campus where I relocated to so that I could still work auto claims.
Pros
spacious floors, vending machines and bathrooms every floor, feedback from managers, benefits, hours, pay
Cons
share cubicles
good
Section Manager, LDA (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 9, 2017
I like working for State Farm. They are a good company and they treat their people well. If you want to move up, you will need to continue your education.
Huge campus in Bloomington, IL, good workplace
Vertical Lead Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 9, 2017
Headquartered in Bloomington, IL. Supportive culture, helpful coworkers, very standardized procedures with written standard operating procedures for each and every process used in the company.
Pros
Helpful job aids for each and every process
Cons
In the middle of nowhere
great place to work
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 9, 2017
enjoyable work, great place to learn and advance in you career. A lot of place for growth. Great co workers.
amazing work environment.
networking. management is great
difficult
Agent Team Member (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 9, 2017
the systems were hard to learn and the training was sub par. when I needed help, it was like pulling teeth. the agent owner was nice but the office manager was not
Great atmosphere
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILAugust 9, 2017
I enjoy my work environment and my co workers. I am constantly learning and being able to help our customers save money on insurance products are always a plus!
Great place
Initial Loss Report- Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 9, 2017
love it. will definitely recommend state farm to start your career. the upper level people are always nice and always willing to help. I have nothing bad to say about state farm
Pros
many
A good place
Informatica Developer (Former Employee) –  bloomington illinoisAugust 9, 2017
State Farm i a good place to work , Everything is very systematic over there , a process is followed to conduct all the minor or major task , it helps in following up better. People are friendly and good in behaviour.There are fun activities at time to time.
Large Company that is customer focused but has great advancement opportunity.
Claim Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 9, 2017
State Farm is an excellent company to work for. Since starting at State Farm they have worked to development and broaden my knowledge of the insurance industry. They offer competitive wages and benefits including a pension. While there are lots of opportunity for advancement due to the companies large size you will have to work hard, network, and complete continuous education in order to be competitive. If you are promoted their relocation packages are amazing.
Pros
Promote from within, opportunity for advancement, great benefits and pay
Cons
Large Company, competitive, behind on technology and process improvement

CEO Approval