State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,207 reviews matching the search
Awesome place to work
Insurance Account Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2016
The company is amazing. The market is amazing and the environment is great with awesome coworkers who are always to help when you need it. The company has some of the lowest rates in the business. Great place to work.
Pros
Good market. Good benefits.
Cons
Low commissions
Fast pace environment
Claim Processor (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHNovember 10, 2015
Claim Processor

Responsible for Answering phones, entering data into computer records, and meeting customers in person to process claims.
Have to maintain composure and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment while preserving strict confidentiality.
Provide professional quality service to customers and communicate details regarding policy procedures to expedite claims in a timely manner.
In-depth knowledge of applicable state laws, rules, policies and procedures regarding auto insurance.

Can be difficult not trying to take you job home with you as you are always thinking in your mind what else could I have done to help.
Pros
benefits and wages
Cons
New Hours
Productive and fun workplace
Life Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 28, 2016
Very employee oriented and focused on helping you achieve your goals both with State Farm and in every day life. Compensation is fair.
Great company, poor guidence
Claims/Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2016
Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians. Everybody wants to lead and no one wants to follow. This makes for poor direction. Health benefits are awesome!
Pros
Health Insurance benefits
Cons
Business structure
Like a good neighbor
Sales/Retention Associate (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 27, 2016
Typical work day follow up with clients regarding anything issue they had the night before, check for any billing issue, help out for anything other issues, greet clients, answer phones, sell insurance products.
co=workers are pretty good for the most part.
Pros
close to home, pretty good office atmosphere, hours
Cons
pay, benefits
Fast paced environment, excellent benefits, great management, and friendly coworkers.
Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CANovember 9, 2015
State Farm is an excellent company that believes in work life balance. They have excellent benefits with an outstanding pension plan. Friendly and helpful coworkers, great opportunities to move up.
Pros
Welcoming environment great supervisors helpful as much as needed
Cons
Starting pay isn't the greatest, but raises and bonuses are given....amongst other cash awards
Agencies are independently owned so each experience will be different.
Insurance Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 25, 2015
I started with one agent then another offered me slightly better salary. With both the commission plan is not much to look at and there is no benefits. I have come to known several agents in the area and I have not met one that has a decent commission plan or offers benefits.
I do like my job though and am planning to stay for the long run. If I was the main bread winner of the household this would not do at all. But since my husband and I combine our income this job does just fine. The reason I stay though I could get paid better elsewhere is the relaxed nature of a small office versus a call center or cut throat sales office. As long as you make your sales goals and handle the customers with care it is calm waters.
Pros
small business so direct contact with owner, generally laid back environment
Cons
Benefits are nonexistent, commission is very low
Great company with strong values
Services Professional/Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMarch 3, 2016
Great company with strong values.
Enjoyable and pleasant work environment with employee minded benefits.
Industry leading product line.
Enjoyable, but sometimes stressful
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  OklahomaOctober 22, 2015
I've loved working at State Farm, they have provided me a great balance in life with work and school and great pay and benefits. Schedules have changed and it is getting a little hectic and reminds me of a wild zoo now. Schedules are based on "bidding" and the good shifts always go to people with high tenure, leaving the younger employees with young children and school, to get the late shifts smack-dab in the middle of certain events or other obligations. All-around, this is a great place to work if you have a flexible schedule!
Pros
Pay, management, benefits, bonuses
Cons
schedules
Productive and fun
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 19, 2016
Great Company to work for. No advancement unless you want to become and independent agent. No benefits. Great learning experience.
Poor rollout of new business model
Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 19, 2015
State Farm has done a terrible job transitioning to a new model in Auto/Farm claims. People are running out of the door. I think this would be a great fit for call center personality types that like every move they make monitored. Be prepared to explain that you need leave your desk to use the restroom. Does not feel like a professional position. Management is even struggling to stay positive.
benefits
Cons
micro-management, poor communication
Not what it was led to be
Small Business & Household Specialist (Former Employee) –  Verona, WISeptember 11, 2015
I left a good career in a different industry after being courted by corporate State Farm. After taking the testing and skills checks for being an eligible candidate to have my own agency, I was put on halt more or less because you need to have access to $100k for start up! At that point, I was working for an agent who was top producer in the area. Well, the office was anyway. The agent was never around. I got very little training from them; all my training came from other office members. I was told it was be easy with my work ethic and devotion to the job to replace my 75k salary within the first year. That never happened. 40+ work weeks were expected. I would say closer to 50 at least. There was little to no work/life balance promoted. Now I am job hunting again and have to explain why I am after only a year. If you are willing to work long hours for minimum wage, go for it.
Pros
No experience needed
Cons
No benefits, long hours, no consistency, little training
Sweat shop. barely any breaks or lunch
Insurance Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 18, 2015
Every office with State Farm has and Independent Contract Agent that pays the employees. We have to be licensed agents with the Bureau of Insurance but appointed with State Farm. Each owner sets his/her guidlines. I prefer never to work at this location due to the unfair expections that has been inposed. Some received better treatment than others.
I am a veteran and knowledgable in my job. I loved the customers and helping them. Sometimes my knowledge of the job was overlooked. I will always be candid and take care of the customers in an honest way. Sometimes they did not like what I advised them. I always did my job with integrity and am bound by law .
Pros
Taking care of the needs of my custimers
Cons
No benefits, low pay and overworked and not paid
Active workplace
Express Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2016
All of the work day is spent on the phone answering calls and returning calls to body shops, other insurance companies, and of course State Farm policy holders. State Farm provided a nice and productive working environment with a few amenities.
Pros
cafe/restaurant located in building
Cons
scheduling and compensation
did not like working for this company.
L&D Agency Assistant/Agency Programs (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 5, 2016
I stayed with this company because I was a single mother and I needed the job for benefits. The benefits here were amazing. That's about all it has going for it. The pay there sucks unless you graduate from college, then it is good...
Hard work, but fun depending on the boss you are under.
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 16, 2015
I love State Farm and wouldn't want to work for another Insurance Company, just because I know State farm has excellent morals and really cares about their clients and employees. For the sales position you really need to be focused and organized, but you can make it fun. This job is what you make it and you do set the pace and atmosphere. I say if you love to sale and you love people than you will love State Farm.
Pros
Bonuses, rewards for meeting goals
Cons
Work late and well over your 40 hr Salary
intense work place and conditions
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  DuPont, WAFebruary 18, 2016
This was a great company to work for. Just like anywhere there are good and bad things. My co-workers were great and they made it enjoyable.
Pros
Great Health Benefits
Cons
Old software
tough
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 3, 2016
Liked coworkers they were very friendly and wanted to help you in any way that they could. Lunch breaks were nice and long.
Pros
co workers
benefits
State Farm
Intervenient specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2016
This company has a professional work environment and gives equal job opportunity. It encourages employees to further their education and training.
Pros
Business Hours
Cons
Benefits.
Great company bad management
Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 12, 2016
I got my start here and was licensed thru State Farm. I learned all the basics and fundmentals of insurance. Compensation was the hardest part of job.
Pros
Beautiful spirited coworkers
Cons
management

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Reviews by Location