State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Found 4,349 reviews matching the search
Great opportunity for growth
Marketing Associate Intern (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJune 14, 2017
One must work hard and be committed to succeed. I spend the majority of each day on the phone. It can be a little overwhelming, but also rewarding. Most enjoyable part is being able to meet many people through cold calls and build relationships. The hardest part is when I have a long list of calls to make and many people aren't able to pick up the phone because they're most likely at work and unable to take calls, so I have to leave a lot of voicemails in a row at times.
Pros
Lots of room for advancement, nice workplace culture
Cons
Depends which agent someone works for, but my hours were cut to part-time because of how little there is for me to do.
not for everyone
Initial Loss Reporting Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 14, 2017
it's a good company but most of their policies (attendance, paid time off, ect..) are not focused on the employee but more on business needs, it has created a very poor work life balance for myself.
Pros
good view
Cons
very high stress
great work environment
Claim Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 14, 2017
family oriented environment. Feels like home I would definitely work there again in the future. Pay was pretty good, offered unlimited overtime. Great area plenty of restaurants around to enjoy on lunch.
High quality company
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 14, 2017
State Farm focuses on employees, their training, education and family life. Their success is do to their high quality of training available to their employees.
Create your own Success
Account Representative & Insurance Producer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2017
State Farm provides you the tools to be a success. As long as your're able to manage everyday activities with accuracy and speed, you'll find yourself surrounded in new opportunities
Was in express
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 13, 2017
Very micro managed!!! Team managers could care less because its all about the numbers!!! If your not currently taking an anti anxiety medication you will be before you leave!!!
Pros
Cons
Micro managing, salary
Amazing company, completely changing
Agency Sales Resources (Marketing) (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 13, 2017
Great company, great benefits, New CEO, has since completely changed culture and implemented new time off policy for employees who are penalized for emergencies and sick days, requiring them to lose jobs. For the first time are implementing "lay offs"
Benefits
Cons
Change in benefits
Overall job
Initial Loss Reporting Associate (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJune 13, 2017
Great place to work and move up within the company! Big on brand building. I would def take advantage of the programs they offer. Great company!!!!!!!
Pros
Great cafe, tasty foods
Cons
Short breaks
Insurnace sales
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Kirby, TXJune 13, 2017
I moved up through the business from a file clerk to office manger. Offered to get my license paid for buy the Owner agent. Slow paced relaxed atmosphere. Paid lunches after one year.
Janitor
Janitor (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 12, 2017
People there you are always smiling and giving thanks to how well i did my job and that made me feel very important even though i was was a Janitor. They gave very good tips and compliments.
Pros
flexible with hours
Cons
Not a great Company to work for
Agent (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 12, 2017
Company makes promises they cannot fulfill. Management is very unprofessional and has no empathy for their employees and agents. I do not recommend leaving your current position for this opportunity.
Great place to work and Learn
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 12, 2017
State Farm is a very great place to work as far as the skills and need for success that they strive to provide to their customers. Representatives trained to provide great and remarkable customer service. Arriving at work I assist customers and also learn something new in the insurance environment everyday.
The Best of the Best companies to work for.
Agency Trainer (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJune 12, 2017
There are not enough accolades that can be used to describe my experience with State Farm. They take care of their employees, they have a great culture, and an outstanding work environment.
Pros
The transparency of the company inspires confidence.
Cons
Each agency is different and not all experiences are going to the same.
my boss rocks
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Farragut, TNJune 12, 2017
I love working for state farm because of the high paced and the goal orientated environment. My boss is amazing at pushing sales and motivating the team
Great
Injury claim specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2017
Love it here , so many opportunities to grow build and gain valuable knowledge. Management is great and coworkers strive as a team. Definitely my career choice
Awesome team
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 12, 2017
State Farm is number one in the insurance industry, so it was very awesome working for such a strong company. Management really listened and helpful whenever a situation came up
With the right staff the Job is great!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 12, 2017
The lack of training made the job very challenging at first but once you know the systems it isn't bad. The fact that there are no benefits offered is a big con.
Great Company
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 12, 2017
I have been working with State Farm Insurance on Various projects for over 15 years, They are one of the best in the industry and have great opportunities for those looking to advance their sales career and even go into agency!
Insurance isn't for everyone
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 12, 2017
The work itself is pretty boring and you can't make any real money unless you are selling life insurance. If you have a passion for insurance this would be a good place to work.
fun work enviornment
VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJune 12, 2017
We were able to do some good things with State farm and our crew. The hours were great and the owner was good to work for. Great support staff and knowledge in this location.
Pros
Hours
Cons
No in-person interaction with clients at this location

CEO Approval