State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,067 reviews matching the search
State Farm
Intervenient specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2016
This company has a professional work environment and gives equal job opportunity. It encourages employees to further their education and training.
Pros
Business Hours
Cons
Benefits.
Good company to work for.
Injury Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 18, 2016
Great benefits.
Company culture has changed and has impacted employees negatively. This is a competitive company to work for.
Pros
Good benefits
Casual workplace with basic compensation and no room for growth
Insurance Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 16, 2015
State Farm is a good company to work for. Insurance isn't fun because the every day customer has no idea how exactly it works, but that comes with any customer service position.
Pros
Casual dress, good company values, compensation for education
Cons
No Health benefits. Salary is low.
Very fast paced office with lots of customer service work
Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Worked in Fort Collins CO officeNovember 3, 2015
The office I worked in had a very large book of business. We spent the majority of the work day servicing our exciting customers. We did very little cold calls. I would help customers understand their benefits and were they may need to change coverage's. I would do financial reviews with my customers. Through the day I would add, replace autos. Set up new Homeowners, condos, RV, renters and many other policies.
Pros
Responsible for my policies
Cons
no benifits
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist/Agent (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJanuary 5, 2016
Long historied company that supports and trains it's employees while offering fair and generous compensation.
Loved working in a small office that was part of a community while benefitting from a huge company.
Awesome
Sales Intern (Current Employee) –  TEXASFebruary 6, 2016
Great experience
Awesome work/ home life balance
Fair compensation
Lots of growing potential
Great hours
Inside sales
No. 1 Company to work for
tough
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 3, 2016
Liked coworkers they were very friendly and wanted to help you in any way that they could. Lunch breaks were nice and long.
Pros
co workers
benefits
Overall, it was very challenging for me to feel excited about the work.
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 29, 2015
Quiet workplace with very supportive management. Very small staff in the office which had its benefits and setbacks. Found the work to be very challenging as I don't see one of my strengths as being a sales person. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers in person, and learning how to better communicate and really get to know them a bit. The Service Specialist was first on the phone, billing, and other maintenance work in regard to billing.
State Farm Insurance Companies
Internet Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILDecember 6, 2015
Worked at State Farm a total of 27 years. Did various clerical jobs through the years, starting out on a manual typewriter, using a key punch and verifying machines, through to learning about computers and using system generated programs through the last few years I was there.
Pros
Fantastic benefits
Cons
Geared toward younger employees
Very high energy position, requiring a lot of multi-tasking
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALOctober 3, 2015
On a regular day, I will take payments, answer phone calls regarding billing questions, make changes to policies, fax, email, scan, upload documents, file claims for our customers, make phone calls to our insured regarding accidents, set up assignments and reservations.

I have learned a numerous amount of information regarding insurance, and have become very knowledgeable in this field.

The most enjoyable part of my day would be serving the clients, and taking care of them and their needs.
Pros
small office enviroment, close knit personnel.
Cons
No benefits.
Great company overall however needs to become more modern and fun.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 30, 2015
Worked as a supervisor of approximately 20-claim associates handling auto & medical claims. Handled property damage functions as well as the evaluation of the injury claim & settlement.
Excelled in putting the customer first and making every interaction personal. Therefore creating rapport that continually benefited the company and built trust throughout the interaction. There was also very little turnover as the company has great benefits and decent management. It is a company that is extremely stuck in their ways and "old school". The morale would improve with new fresh ideas of a more current nature. State Farm believes "if it's not broke, do not fix it" and that leads to a dry work environment.
Pros
Solid benefits, job security
Cons
Old school feel, closing many local customer service offices
Field Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INFebruary 8, 2016
Enjoyed my time and experience at State Farm. Good place to work. Benefits and salaries are good. Expanding with a lot of opportunities.
Great Company All over the world
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Ballston Spa NySeptember 29, 2015
Management at this company was a pleasure to work with and everyone worked as a team! This was a great place to work. I had my own work space and a team of 16 people. It was always a group effort. The company was very family oriented and the benefits were great. On the flip side, the company was down grading and there was no job security.
Pros
benefits, 401k, family / sick leave, vacation time, travel time
Cons
there really wasnt any
full benefits, bonuses, full of change and advancements.
Senior AEI Auto estimator and inspector (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNNovember 3, 2015
Loved working for state farm and would go back fast if I could. They offer full benefits and advancement opportunities. Retirement and credit union. On going education and training.
Pros
Advancement and learning constantly
Cons
Being willing to change and learn something new almost daily
All fun and games in the beginning
Express claims associate/adjustor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 14, 2015
I've been working for State Farm for almost 3 years as a Express Claims Associate this environment sucks. You will live life on the phone solving customer's issues and concerns. Great job to get you acclimated to insurance claims. Workforce management is a pain and can dictate your life everyday at work. Lots of overtime if you can mentally stay. Promotions are not really promotions most of them are lateral moves to different departments. Promotions are only given to family members, brown nosers, and people who network better than their work product. Managers vary and change almost every 6 months I have had 7 since I've been at the company. The pay was increased to accommodate and keep people in the Express dept. But still doesn't make me feel any better as there are allot of Masters and Bachelor degree holders here when most claim specialist have no education and still get paid more to do less work. Seen plenty of promotions to different departments where people with mediocre work records and no experience get to higher paying jobs by simply meeting the bosses. Coworkers are great made allot of new friends here. They believe in developing you as a whole and like to keep talent in certain areas forever. A good solid company overall I just want them to promote people on skill vs who nose is browner.
Pros
Great benefits, Healthcare and Pension
Cons
Lower pay then other companies, micro management, stressful and high performance expected
The time off benefits are wonderful
Claims Service Associate (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 28, 2015
There is currently more focus on numbers than personal development and growth. Management is hit and miss, and it's ever changing. I love my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is the heavy amount of work they have right now. The company is going through a lot of transitions right now and many people are relocating or retiring so the workload is a little overwhelming. I am sure once all the changes are complete and things are settled, it will be the great company it was when I first started.
Pros
Time off benefits, bonuses, discount program
Cons
Unbalanced workload, management turnover
Full of negativity and customers who complain all day
Marketer and account management (Current Employee) –  Harvey, LADecember 14, 2015
I have learned a lot about managing and finding a solution to problems. However, that office lacks teamwork, everyone turns there heads when there is a problem instead of helping each other to solve it.
Cons
No benefits, no overtime pay
state farm
Licensed Insurance Producer (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 14, 2016
it sucks. the compensation is horrible. nothing for employees. I would not recommend anyone. your studying for all these licenses to get cheap pay. go to another company.
Productive and fun to work.
COMMERCIAL INSURANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 30, 2015
Excellent Company.

It is currently a very over populated area of business and sadly SF cannot write new Home Owner business in the vast majority of Harris County.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Tough Market place...
Leadership was very polite and helpfull
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILDecember 11, 2015
I enjoyed what I did working with returned mail, learning different computer processes. The staff and co-workers were very helpful and patient. Good benefits and production bonuses.
Pros
Long lunch and good breaktimes
Cons
Lack of movement while working