State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Customer service analyst (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 11, 2017
Can be busy at times, friendly environment, flexible shifts, great pay, great benefits. Different starting pay for different departments, not too much of a difference unless you are in Sales!
Cons
Short Breaks
Numbers, numbers, numbers
Underwriting Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2017
Good place to work, great co workers. The inconsistency of management makes it a confusing place to work. They seem more interested in your production than your overall well being. We run out of work pretty regularly, but they continue to tell you need to do more.
Pros
Paycheck
good people
Enterprise Initial loss reporting (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 10, 2017
good people to work with hard company to work for,
loved my co workers but it is a demanding stressful job with very strict guidelines to follow. often feel like you are leaving the customer in a lurch.
Again Insurance
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 10, 2017
I commuted 140 miles a day at the time the pay was excellent the work was rather easy and the benefits were excellent I enjoyed my time with the company
Strong company with brand recognition
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  MEOctober 10, 2017
easy company to work for, culture is casual and friendly, customer focused and not high pressured sales. customers and the public are very familiar and confident with the company which makes sales easier and customers more comfortable with the stability of the company
Pros
flexibility of schedules
Cons
career advancement limited
Management sucks
Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAOctober 10, 2017
Great benefits and pay. However, Management that has been in their position for years, is overbearing, show favoritism, and very hypocritical. Coworkers were rude and immature.
Great place to work.
Office technical support representative (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COOctober 10, 2017
Sold and provided office administration duties. Was great working with an agent who wanted their employees to succeed. Was great working with the various employees of state farm as well.
Fantastic Company To Work For
Agency Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 9, 2017
State Farm has one of the best cultures that I have ever seen in a company. I have been very happy and grateful to be able to work for them. I enjoyed my time as an agency field specialist. My manager was great, and the territory I supported as fantastic. State Farm did a lot to make sure you had all of the necessary resources to do your job well.
Pros
Great management and awesome people to work with
Cons
Pay was lower than what I thought was reasonable.
Productive and positive work place
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, CTOctober 9, 2017
Workplace culture was relaxed and positive. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to interact with a variety of people on a daily basis through both phone calls and in-person interactions.
Avoid working for an Agent.
SALES (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 9, 2017
In a perfect world agent's team members would be unionized. We are grossly underpaid, overworked, and have beyond high expectations. It's not an entitlement, it's the fact that we are put to solicit products for a company that has BEYOND high expectations and requirements to even qualify for said products. I could rant all day.
Networking ability imperative
paid internship (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNOctober 9, 2017
A job with potential, but if you don't have 100 personal contacts you can convert to their coverage right away, don't even bother. 90 day probation before they decide if they want to enter you into the agent aspirant program.
I enjoyed setting appointments for Ins. Agents.
Insurance Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 9, 2017
I basically had a lists of current clients and called them to set appointments. I worked at night. I was the only person there. I enjoyed working alone.
Pros
Having the peace and quiet & working indepedantly.
Cons
none.
Workplace culture
Employee (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 9, 2017
Unfortunately, the company isn't what it used to be but had to change with the times/technology. It's still a great place to work but just like any large corporation, job security is a concern.
fun work place
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 9, 2017
Wonderful company. Amazing benefits. Love the people there. They acknowledge their employees and the hard work they put in. The only downfall is the work hours.
Great company, terrible morale
Claims Associate Express (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 8, 2017
This is an awesome company to be apart of, but it desperately lacks room for growth, work/life balance and the pay is horrible as compared to its counterparts in the industry.
Fast-paced Call Center Environment
Claims Express Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 8, 2017
A quick-paced call center environment that was also monitored by extensive metrics that each employee needed to abide by. Generous benefits were offered, but employee expectations were unfair and unrealistic.
Pros
Great Benefits, 45 minute lunches; opportunity for career advancement
Cons
Extensive call metrics; management frequently absent
Nothing Much to say
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 7, 2017
A terrible company to work for. Very stressful and micromanaged at a level I didn't think existed. Lots of politics and abuse of the new metric system used to determine productivity.
Pros
Fair Pay
Cons
Micromanaged by monkeys
On Your Own...
Customer Relations Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 7, 2017
Typical day involves correcting other team or company mistakes and trying to help customers understand their policies, changes etc...but that's just service. However the multiple application systems State Farm uses is just ridiculous. Go to one place for quoting autos, use another system to quote RV's and others have to literally lookup and calculate rates manually and submit paper apps ...it's just the most uncoordinated resource "system-if you-can-call-it that" I've seen. Once when you've learned the tricks and where the tools are at the pace is better. But the thing I was looking for most going in from this agency was a mentoring relationship since I was starting new in the insurance industry. But apparently what was expected in return was to just shut my trap, not offer other opinions or disagree with the owner in meetings and just book appointments. Too bad it was not a good fit because my co-workers were pretty nice, and I looked forward to going into work with them. Hours were acceptable, however I could see that if I had more time/success that there definitely would have been some after hours and weekends expected. Not a problem because I knew that going in. Beyond that, benefits offered were minimal at best, but potential commissions and salary were pretty fair and seemed attainable. For example: my agent's office offered 8 paid holidays, 3 sick days and $100 (after a year of employment) towards (medical, vision, dental & life) for plan of choice. Beyond that, you're pretty much on your own.
Pros
Nice office and location, co-workers, commissions/bonuses fair, License fees paid by owner
Cons
No healthcare, Short breaks, After hours appointments, poor management style
Not good if your honest
Full time Insurance producer and office associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 7, 2017
I was working there and was told to keep lying to an underwriter to insure another person moving into the same residence as his son....who was married but listed as single because his wife had a DUI and suspended driver license which would make that home uninsurable. I told the woman who had originally handled the policy to keep handling it and I would not keep the lie for her. After that work was made a nightmare and eventually I was forced to resign with some hush money. Totally crooked agency!
Pros
good hours, family friendly
Cons
crooked
Management was an issue
Initial Loss Reporting Associate (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 6, 2017
All I will say is I was employed for two years there and enjoyed the culture. New manager came, file a harassment claim against her and was let go the same day... Life goes on..