State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
1,579 reviews

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employer Reviews

Productive work space with awesome team members
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIAugust 22, 2014
Assisting all clients with navigating and choosing the most suitable policies for their needs. Seeking new clients and turning all new prospects into revenue. Constant follow up with clients to apprise them of the complex changes that effects their policies.
Dynamic and fast paced work environment with free coffee
Customer Service, Sales Associate and Telemarketer (Former Employee), Fremont, CAAugust 21, 2014
Answering client requests in person, over the phone and email. Would process various requests, such as quotes for a particular insurance, or changes to current policies.

Learned to manage the stress of a micromanagement and how to serve and sell to customers.
Loved working here
Claims Service Associate (Former Employee), DuPont, WAAugust 21, 2014
Good pay, great people lot of opportunity for advancement a great start for a new career
State Farm Insurance
Claims Auto Processor (Current Employee), Newark, OhioAugust 20, 2014
Pros: close to home and the work the customers are nice
Cons: the pay is not the best and my boss won't tell me how to move up.
I have been with State Farm over three years.

I have learned how to use microsoft workd and powerpoint while being employed there.

I take phones calls part of the day and any many technical questions, some which require research and having to call the customer back. I make out going calls on new claims and help the customer get there car to the right – more... place and put them in a rental, if they have the coverage and car is under repairs.

The hardest part of the job, is it is not challenging enough for me. I get the same questions most of the time and I like a challenge and want to move up in the company, yet no room for advancement at this time at the company.

I like my co-workers and can always go to them for help and they come to me with questions about estimatcs because I used to write estimates prior to coming to State Farm. – less
A Good Place to Get Your Foot in the Door to a Corporate Job
Quote and Bind Sales Representative (Current Employee), Dunwoody, GAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: schedule, pay, management
The culture is pretty laid back. However, we were given one side of the company during training and everyone was different once we got on the sales floor. They know exactly what they are doing to get people to work for them then once you spend the time training they show you a different side of the company
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2014
Answering phones, opening new policies
I learned a lot about insurance
management was always great and helpful
The hardest part of the job was getting people to open up new policies. The best part of the job was when I would open up a new policy for a client.
Small company. Easy going atmosphere
Cust. Serv. Rep/Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee), LaSalle- Peru IllAugust 20, 2014
Typical day was 9-5. I learned m any things about different cultures working with the public. I learned how to adapt to a fast paced working environment. In insurance there are many different hats which must be wore to accommodate customers. The co worker was easy to get along with. I would be the one to go to systems training and come back and teach – more... the office how to use the network systems. Hardest art of the the day was down time. Also, paperwork which had to still be filled out by hand because there was no application for it.
The most enjoyable part of the day was dealing with the different people everyday. – less
Overall great learning experience
Office Representative (Former Employee), Bristol, PAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: small office, team environment
Cons: salary, benefits
While being employed at State Farm, I learned a lot about the insurance industry & the coverage offered to PA residents who have a auto or homeowners policy. I enjoyed the team work environment throughout the office.
State Farm
Intern (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYAugust 19, 2014
Good internship, learned a lot of valuable information. Learned to transfer data from an old system to an entirely new system. Utilized my excel skills greatly.
Ever changing
Site Coordinator (Former Employee), NortheastAugust 19, 2014
a typical day at work- Non typical, something different every day
what you learned- Expect the unexpected
management - understanding
your co-workers- Reliable
the hardest part of the job- traveling
the most enjoyable part of the job- the people
Great company
Underwriting Service Assistant III (Former Employee), Duluth, GAAugust 19, 2014
Assisted underwriters and agents in creating policies for individual and commercial clients.
Great
Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAAugust 18, 2014
depending on the department you work in is the treatment you will receive, Some departments are left to work without supervision some are micromanaged. great community and benefits.
FUN
Office Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: learning to be a agent
Cons: salary
I was Office manager but the pay was awful, it was great meeting new people
It is an enjoyable job if you're a robot
Initial Loss Reporting Claims Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 18, 2014
Pros: long lunches, good benefits
Cons: management, odd hours, treatment
This job is possibly the worst I have ever had. I do not enjoy the work that I do or the fact that this department has set a new standard for micromanaging. We are treated as though we are children at times and if we do not get 100% on Quality Monitoring, we are "coached." An understandable process until the words "or termination of employment" are – more... used. Good customer service is thrust aside in favor of being a robot. I enjoy the benefits but I am doubtful that the benefits are worth this. – less
Nice summer job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Normal, ILAugust 18, 2014
Great summer job. Pretty decent pay for a college student. You sit for 8 hours so if you need to move around this isn't for you.
great palce to work
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 18, 2014
ofiice work- quoting rates- taking payments- great hours and pay
fun place
Office Administrator/Agent (Former Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 15, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: n/a
Assisting customers with insurance needs. Great management team. Most enjoyable part was helping with life insurance for all.
Smoke and Mirrors
Initial Loss Reporting (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 15, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: mangement, hr, personal development, growth oppertunites are very limited.
First of all, the benefits are great at State Farm. Its a very nice building in Phoenix AZ. Things change quick and I actually enjoyed working as an Initial Loss Reporter. However, when I started there they spoke of advancement opportunities, personal development and how they would guide you through that. Now, I am a hard worker and am always in front – more... of the curve. Within my first month I had completed an Individual development plan, completed all extra modules and was looking for a mentor. I thought they would love that and I was excited. When I shared this information with my team manager he basically said your going to fast. After six months blah blah blah.

The worst part about this job is the management and the nit picking on such small tiny details. Saying something not verbatim can get you in big trouble. HR issues are not addressed in a meaningful manner. I had a co-worker who called me derogatory racial names and talked about having people jump me and I was the one who was punished and a permanent shield was placed on my file. Because an African American made those slurs towards a Caucasian I think I had to pay the price. Nothing happened to her. – less
Great co workers and nice to help customers save money!
Jr insurance specialist (Current Employee), Wilmington, ILAugust 14, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: lower pay
This job had great 8:30-5:00 hours and I loved being able to help people and save them money
Great, comfortable, productive office to work in.
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CAAugust 14, 2014
I learned to how to handle basic office task and collect payments. While working for this company I also learned work ethic, how to call out to customers for payments and upsale. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful to me when I first started. The thing I enjoyed the most was helping the customers.

About State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five – Read more

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Photos