State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Found 3,423 reviews matching the search
Professional-great training
Office manager/producer/agent-Marketing (Former Employee) –  Bryant, ARNovember 3, 2016
Busy provides job security. Great products offered, easy to market. Great training. Learn how to be an agent instead of sales rep. Not many benefits to agents' staff. Generally, good work environment.
Pros
great hours
Cons
no benfits
Just a summer job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, TNNovember 3, 2016
My boss was great. I managed the imagination library for Marshall County while working here and enjoyed being able to make sure each child received their books.
State Farm is a good company
Auto Claim Representative (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, GANovember 2, 2016
I assist our policyholders and our claimants by providing quality customer service.

I have learned to listen to the customer intently.

Overall, the Team Managers care about the Claim Representatives.

My co-workers are kind, caring and considerate.

Balancing the work/life is difficult with the late shifts and working on the weekend.

Helping the customers in their time of need is most enjoyable
Pros
Job security
Cons
Late shifts and working on the weekends
Productive place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXNovember 1, 2016
This place is a good start in your working career. People there are really nice and I loved working there. The most enjoyable part is when you interactive with the people. The co-workers are nice.
claims representative
Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXNovember 1, 2016
Each day working for State Farm Insurance Company was the greatest experience an Employee could have. The Company treated each employee with dignity and respect . Training was exceptional to prepare me for my next professional journey . The memories and friendships will last a lifetime
fast pace workplace
CSA support (Former Employee) –  Richfield, OHNovember 1, 2016
Good work environment but very face pace and a little overwelming. A large volume of calls regarding claims. Co- workers are nice and helpful
n/a
Deployment Technician (contract) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 1, 2016
great company to work for, great employees, great agents.The job itself will not be the job unless the you have a great attitude, patience and great customer service.
Great Place to get experience
Inside Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Highland Village, TXNovember 1, 2016
I took this job as an internship for a college course. It was a great place to work and I enjoyed working with my colleagues, but the insurance industry is just not for me.
just because it wouldn't let me NOT submit a review
office mgr./licensed insurance agent (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAOctober 31, 2016
spent my days cleaning up & getting screamed at by customers because of someone else's F ups. not fun....................................................
Starter Company
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAOctober 31, 2016
Work life balance is awful, the salary is not even at the low end of the scale for your position. Mid level managers are pretty good; upper level management is not very receptive to employee needs.
Cons
Lots
Auto claims
Auto Claim Representative (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNOctober 30, 2016
Use an Enterprise Claims System to work claims, either in an individual or team environment. Daily assigned schedule. Micro-management. Standard claim practices to follow. Minimal training. Bottom-dollar centric. No work/life balance.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No work/life balance
Claim Representative
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHOctober 30, 2016
Used to be a great family friendly place to work. Now the personal aspect has been removed. You are just a number. There is no work/life balance.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
no worklife balance
Ilr
Underwriter Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 30, 2016
The job is easy you take calls and take claims all day. There is a tool that you use reading word tracks and filling out the question in the tool. its only hard when you get a deceased driver or angry customer. if that happens you can always escalate the call. very redundant work all day but its really easy. I was promoted in 6 months after training and its easy to request time off. Overtime is available but not always.
Pros
good benefits, easy to get time off, easy job
Productive and educational environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Del Rio, TXOctober 29, 2016
Great environment with something to learn everyday. Great individual owners with easily enjoyable employees as well as customers. Confidence builder and friendly.
Excellent company to work for
Agent Staff, Licensed for Auto and Fire (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAOctober 29, 2016
State Farm has been a good company to work for. I've been able to obtain my license to sell Property and Casualty Insurance.
Closing field offices for more remote locations, long drives to work for most
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 29, 2016
After my long drive that should take about 45 minutes, usually closer to an hour or over because of traffic jams, big trucks and bad drivers and lots of stress, I get to work and soon will have to clock in. Can be written up if absent or late on occasions. So I must leave my house at least and hour and half before scheduled time because of traffic and 29 mile drive one way.
Lots of changes going on, while trying to stay competitive with other companies. People are constantly leaving, which leave heavier workloads for those who stay.
Lots of meetings and huddles and side by sides, information is on overload, phones can be monitored.
Very stressful job and numbers driven. There is a report for everything.
Some of the benefits are tuition reimbursement if degree is relevant to job. They still have a pension plan and other benefits.
Pros
Paycheck, benefits
Cons
long drives, heavy workload
Great company
Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 28, 2016
This was such a wonderful place to work for. They have a great atmosphere, excellent communication, and I wonderful boss.
Going Downhill
Transaction Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 27, 2016
Used to be a great place to work. You felt job security, that leadership cared about the well being of the employees... etc.

That is not the case anymore! Its all about numbers. There is too much work to do and not enough people to complete the work.
Nationally Known Property and Casualty Insurance Company
Office/Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALOctober 27, 2016
As a service representative, not any room for advancement. Job duties monotonous and not any gratification for job performed.
Very Productive place and was able to learn so much Great Group
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  West Branch, MIOctober 27, 2016
During a typical day working at State Farm it was busy and it seemed there was always people needing quotes and New customers signing up for insurance Great Place to work. Co-Workers were the BOMB... Liked working there.
Pros
Great Co-Workers - Great Boss - Fun Place to work
Cons
Commission and having to sell so many life polices a month to make commission pay.

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Reviews by Location