State Highway Administration

State Highway Administration Employer Reviews

Ok
Facility Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDJuly 8, 2014
Typical Job did a lot of outside labor work that really wasn't for me
Internship
IT Specialist (Former Employee), baltimore, mdMarch 11, 2014
I learned a lot at my internship with State Highway Administration. It was like a help desk position/ IT coordinator and I work under a Senior IT specialist
Maintain a smile
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 30, 2014
Very fast paced, the most enjoyable part was meeting all the county executives.
wonderful job
Highway Operations Technician (Former Employee), Frederick, MDNovember 4, 2013
State Highway Administration is a wonderful job, you just need to become and permanent employee.
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDAugust 8, 2013
I provided Administrative support work (re-class packages, correspondence, health benefit form changes, address changes, customer complaints) including personnel (disciplinary actions, sick leave counseling, leave bank) issues at the Maintenance Facility for the RME, ARME, Team leaders and other employees assigned to the shop.

I enjoyed working for – more... this company. – less
Good Co-workers
Office Assistant II (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 3, 2013
Pros: nice place to work
Cons: temporary
Enjoyed working there, I had a good time there. This job was helping me decide what direction I wanted my life to go.
Working for SHA was awesome!
Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 19, 2013
Pros: 1 hour of lunch breaks
Since I've only worked for them for about three months, I could say very little about them. I've learned about working together with other teammates and co-workers. Their management was well-constructed and well-communicated. They've learned how to communicate in a professional manner. Employees were very welcoming to new employees coming on board. – more... They actually have taken the time to train new employees and give full details about certain projects. The hardest part of the job was to demonstrate presentations. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with other co-workers. – less
productive work with diverse group of members
BINDER LAB TECHNICIAN III (Current Employee), Hanover, MDJanuary 29, 2013
work with very diverse group of members. often work in groups on projects and that makes it interesting and easy to come up with solutions on projects and finishing up a project. having a divers group of members gives us to look at a problem from several different prospective and different opinions on one particular project.
easy Great work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: working amongst people in my age range making my own schedule
Work their was fairly easy .
management really cared.
Working among people in my age range
SHA
Temp Tech I (Former Employee), Accident, MDSeptember 11, 2012
Cons: temp
I enjoyed working for the SHA. I was only a Temp though and I got layed off. I did Road maintenance and plowed snow in the winter.
productive
Shop Administrative Technician 2 (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDAugust 14, 2012
Pros: health benefits great leave options
Cons: hire people without manners or proper training.
The job is ok for the most part. Not something I would want to do my whole life. There are lots of opportunities to advance to other positions. My job usually involves answering phones and handling employees time.
First Rate
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Annapolis MDJuly 22, 2012
Pros: great insurance
Cons: government pay
No two days are ever the same. I have learned a lot and currently work for the best boss ever. Friendly environment. Hardest part of the job is always being between elected officials and constituents. Most enjoyable part of the job is liking the small town feel.
Productive Workplace
ENGINEERING INTERN (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 5, 2012
Wonderful opportunity to get hands on experience in different facets of civil engineering