State National Companies Employee Reviews

Competitive Compensation / Poor Benefits
Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXMarch 7, 2017
State National Companies encourages advancement within the company and compensates dedicated employees accordingly. The benefits offered, however, leave something to be desired.

Within the Compliance department, we were required to be self-motivated and organized. We were also encouraged to cross-train for the benefit of the department.
Pros
Compensation
Benefits
Working at State national
Contact center specialist (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Not really much to say. They don't make an effort to get to know the people that they employ. I understand that we are there to work but I think that management needs to make a better effort to get to know there employees
Admininstrative Assistant to VP and three Directors of Client Service
Admin to VP and Directors (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Very rewarding experience, have learned about a industry not know to me, Insurance Fronting, a very interesting industry indeed. Average day at work is a compilation of different duties, fast pace, ready to make educated decisions.
Pros
Near my house
Cons
micro management
A stable work environment
Senior Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXNovember 30, 2016
This call center is in a very convenient location in the HEB area. It offers a very stable work environment but, just not very competitive wages or medical benefits.
Not a fun place to work
Contact Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXSeptember 18, 2016
The job is not complicated but there was no room for advancement and the raises were a joke. I would not suggest working for this company for anyone looking to advance within a reputable company.
Pros
$150 gift card at Christmas
Cons
no set breaks
Worst job experience I've ever had
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXMarch 10, 2016
There is no room for growth whats so ever, the HR reps will lie and tell you the job is a work at home job when there is little to no chance of you even getting a spot to work at home. Management has NO clue how to do the reps job and will not give you a straight answer, instead referring every question to an in-house database that is not even up to date. Current reps basically treat the job like a high school girls club, while people dress trashy and not professional at all. Call-center atmosphere, even for data-entry. Stay farrrr away from SNC. Garbage
Pros
Time off, management doesn't care at all
Cons
Trashy co-workers, clueless managers, no growth at all, etc.
Fort Worth office for Dallas based firm
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 7, 2016
Imprimis is a woman owned company located in north Dallas. The Fort Worth office was very small with only 3-4 employees at any given time. Great location in the heart of downtown.
Worst workplace in the world
document processor (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXDecember 26, 2015
I learned absolutely nothing, I did over 10 years data entry, clerical, office and insurance work and the pay was bad. I should been paid highest at $14/hr to start, instead was only over $12/hr. New people had no experience and got highest pay. Managers talked behind your back and favored ones spreading rumors about the good people. Can't afford be friends with anyone there, just felt miserable whole time. If you even took your 2-15 min breaks you'd be under quota so they would in end fire you, that is illegal which I knew. Luckily I had self respect for myself to get out on my own free will and have a happy life, they want to bring you down to their miserable level. Managers didn't even know how to process documents! Everyone in my opinion needs find a job elsewhere so then they'd go under since they don't treat people right at all. There are plenty of jobs in the area with better pay and respect employees and treat them fair. So if you want a job and treated badly you can't stand going to work, but just get a paycheck then work here as that's why it's the highest turnover rate in any place I've seen so only reason they hire anyone off the streets! They treat all like slaves!
Pros
Cons
No breaks, worst health insurance ever
Fun co-workers
Contact Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bedford TexasAugust 11, 2015
Fun work environment. Rewarding, laid back yet professional. Supportive management. Great pay & always room for growth.
Cut throat company
Data Entry clerk (Former Employee) –  Bedford TexasMarch 20, 2015
Management is unorganized. Not able to take PTO days off if production is high even if hospital of family related unless you are part of the management team. Disrespectful management during team evaluations of the department. Definitely can tell whom the favorites are overall.
Insurance
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bedford TXFebruary 19, 2015
Our licensing authority provides national access to property and casualty products, programs and markets by acting as a policy-issuing carrier for program managers and insurers nationwide.

We provide a broad licensing authority and access to a national marketplace through several financially secure insurers rated 'A' by A.M. Best. Our Program Services business model allows you to manage your program in alignment with your own business strategy, while our flexibility allows you to launch your new programs quickly.
Great company
On-site Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 30, 2015
Worked as 3rd party force placing and verifying insurance for car/home loans. How the banks handle loan issues and the benefits of having insurance. Management was very hands on withing the companies. Limited co worker interaction. The number of policies and calls needed to made on a daily basis and the ensuring that all balances accounts where always on balance. Learning new processes and the great people you come in contact with on a daily basis.
Pros
Flexability, pay and job security
Cons
Limitations due to working off site
Family oriented work place
Account Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXJanuary 12, 2015
I learned the basics and beyond about the Collateral Protection Insurance Business. I learned something new almost every single day even after being employed there for more than 10 years. My co-workers became like a second family to me. They were all very supportive and willing to help when needed. As soon as I got there every day, I knew exactly what my job functions would be.
Pros
management is easy to talk to
Cons
The job became extremely mundane and there was quite a bit of downtime.
laid back enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXDecember 4, 2014
its cool laid back but deal with a lot of rude customers no growth
Great company with awesome incentives
TX - Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 29, 2014
Opportunity for advancement. Fast paced environment pay increases and bonuses based on productivity.
Fun workplace
Payroll Coordinator /HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  BedfordApril 21, 2014
Payroll everyday, check and balances. Insure employees are paid correctly
Fun at first until you're used to it
Document Processor (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXFebruary 10, 2014
The supervisors are not management material. Many employees are treated unfairly while HR and upper management does nothing. Some of the employees are nice but most of them in the document processing center like to make accusations to the team leaders resulting in the other party being mistreated and harassed by team leaders (supervisors). They've discriminated against certain females because of hairstyle choices and against males for lifestyle choices. There is always an issue when it comes to getting bonus money.
Pros
Employee Appreciation week, decent salary
Cons
Supervisors
Comfortable and inviting with friendly people.
Mail Processor (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TexasJanuary 2, 2014
This job has taught me a lot about team work. Of course we're all accountable for our own actions but the great thing about being part of a team is that you're never quite alone! There is such great interaction between co-workers and there is a 50-year age range. The management is very patient and gives everyone a chance to learn exactly what is expected. It can be difficult at times to meet deadlines, especially around holidays, but being in a team setting makes this task manageable.
Pros
Shared value quarterly bonuses
Cons
healthcare, unpaid lunches
Productive Work Place
Insurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TexasOctober 29, 2013
Production based environment
Reviewing insurance policies
adhering to quality guidelines
team work
ability to type 35 wpm or more
ability to analyze insurance documents
Corresponding with banks and agents for collateral protection
Pros
bonuses
Cons
no breaks
Excellent Place to Work
ONSITE FIELD ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXJune 24, 2013
I work off site unsupervised, and enjoy building my relationship with my client. I have an office set up at my clients place of business. I go into the office, work notices, check email, voice mails, file claims, make outbound calls to verify insurance, and run reports.
Pros
Received bonus for customer compliaments.
Cons
The hour drive to work everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State National Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7