State Street

State Street Employer Reviews

New Team
Level 1.5 Service Desk Technicians (Current Employee), North Quincy, MAFebruary 26, 2015
My team is the very first Level 1.5 team State Street has ever had. We work together everyday to go through all of State Streets backlogs.
An environment where workers could not achieve their goals
Assistant Treasurer (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: free cab service at nights
Cons: long periods of work, little or no breaks
The bank was going through a transformation. State Street had bought part of Private Clients Groups accounts department. Because the workers knew that at some point we will all be without a job, the atmosphere was a nervous one. (e.g A manager might ask one to come into the office for something. The person will come in scared at what would be told him or her.)
In this job environment, your responsibilities were greater compared to Bankers Trust. For at State Street, an employee report sick almost everyday. The sickness was due to stress, either from overwork ( for we would work about 12 hours a day) or not knowing when the day would come.
Myself and my co-workers called ourselves family, for we had years working together. We were accustomed to having lunch or breakfast together, this togetherness came to an end, for we now had to produce more if the company was to succeed. But the enjoyable part of this job is when we left at 10:O,clock at nights for home, for we know that we will still have a job the next day.
Good Benefits
AVP (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: good work life balance if you have a good manager. benefits are good.
Cons: low pay. managers given too much power. advancement is impossible.
The job is good, but culture not great. Pay very low. No room for career advancement. Management thinks only about themselves.
Mixed Bag
Client Service Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 23, 2015
Cons: would rather hire people from outside the organization than reward its own employees
My job consists of being an initial point of contact for the client. I am involved in new client setups, deconversions, answering audit questions, and problem resolution.

The people that I have dealt with from a mid management level on down have been helpful and knowledgable.

Upper management has created an unpleasant work environment through its staffing and compensation policies.
n/a
Compliance (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 18, 2015
Working at State Street was by far my worst employment experience. I never worked less than 60 hours a week, was always expected to be on call, and when I discussed needing a better work-life balance was told I was a complainer. I know it is tempting to apply for a job there because they have so many openings- but the only reason they have these openings is because they turn over employees like crazy.
State Street Private Equity.
Sr.Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 17, 2015
Excellent place to work and I was in Private Equity & Brainware.
 Conduct business and system analysis
 Rich experience in gathering requirements and capturing them in documentation
 Written various test scripts and done all types of Testing
 Prepared process maps and data flow diagrams for various projects.
 Lead software and process design changes
 Manage feature scope
 Develop an in-depth insight into the issues and data challenges of client’s organization
 Provide expertise on the systems limitations/capabilities as they relate to the business goals
 Act as a technical liaison between the technology department and the business customers

Along with the essential business analyst related skills, I bring the following skills & technical abilities to the table:
 Excellent written and oral communication skills
 Solid interviewing and elicitation skills
 In-depth understanding of Software Development Life Cycles
 Solid knowledge of all the latest technologies and applications such as SQL, SharePoint, MS Visio & other products of Microsoft, and reporting & dashboards
 Experience and in-depth knowledge of Waterfall & Agile Software development technique
 Strong customer service orientation
Great place to start your career
Officer (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: flex time
Cons: company is too big/ pay growth is low
This company is a great place to start your career. However, it is unlikely you will move up the ladder without knowing someone that likes you, even if your performance reviews are excellent and worth of a promotion.
Pricing Specialist
Security Valuation Analyst Associate I (Former Employee), Hadley, MAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: easy job, doable hours
Cons: excess downtime, management
State Street had it's ups and its downs. I worked in both Hadley and Boston state street offices, and the management in both locations differs vastly.

The Hadley office is far less organized and there is much more down time in between pricing (also less room for more responsibility due to limited resources).

Management is decently friendly, not so much in Boston.

Pricing was not a difficult job, just very time sensitive. Coworkers are all very friendly.
Oversee GMACI processes
Fund Accountant (Former Employee), Princeton, NJFebruary 3, 2015
- Prepare monthly statistical reports
-Match all income and disbursement transaction in the PAM database.
-Retrieved securties for GMACI's products via bloomberg terminal
Good
Associate II (Current Employee), Quincy, MAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: job security
This company offers so many training programs to excel and advance yourself. SS has so much to offer such as tuition reimbursement options.
Love the volunteer programs.
Great company to start a career
Client Service Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: great benefits. challenging and exciting work.
Cons: sparse room for advancement.
The most enjoyable part of my job was identifying inefficiencies and working towards a successful resolution. My greatest satisfaction came from interacting with internal and external customers.

I learned how to level set expectations and how to balance the needs of my client while not putting my company at risk. The critical skill I learned was how to handle competing priorities.

The hardest part of the job was a lack of advancement.

Working with my co-workers was very beneficial as we learned to collaborate on projects and bounce ideas off of each other.

My typical day was checking in with my direct reports, daily deliverables and setting up meetings and presentations.
good place to work
Sr associate (Former Employee), Quincy, MAJanuary 28, 2015
I enjoyed my time there. I liked most working with others on projects.
Flex schedule
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: flex schedule
Cons: compensation
State Street offers many flex schedule options including work from home schedules and flex hours.
too big that disorganized
Fund Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: salary
Does not really value the employee, who is nothing but a cog of giant machine.
Productive workplace
Operations Processing Analyst Trainee (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: location
Cons: healthcare and benefits
Overall a typical work day is not too bad. Management can improve. You do learn a lot through this company that are transferable skills you can carry on to other jobs or for your career. Hardest part of the job would be the end of the day the last two hours of work. Heavy on emails and communication. You have to be good with customer service skills. A lot of office skills are developed here.
Good Company Out of College to Get Your Feet Wet In the Financial Services Industry
Account Manager/Client Service Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: lots of training available, promotions were always within your grasp, light atmosphere, good entry-level place to start
Cons: poor starting pay
When I started, the company seemed very well-run with many amenities including a gym on the fourth floor and monthly employee gatherings. The training was excellent, there was always some kind of support in case you needed it. I could reach out to a former trainer for guidance, and she would put me in a refresher course to learn the material. They were always striving for you to reach higher by encouraging you to take more advanced classes including Path to Leadership classes. Reviews were extensive and would reiterate chances where you might need to increase your knowledge of the industry. They promoted often and when appropriate.

I have been away from that company for some years so I don't know if the atmosphere is the same, but my overall impression was that it was a great stepping stone to a good career elsewhere.
Professional
Associate Accountant I (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 21, 2015
Depth of experience can be gained from working with this company.
Work life balance at its best
NACC1 Customer Service Associate 2 (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: free lunch, work from home, family comes 1st
Cons: short breaks, pay is low
State Street is a wonderful place to work, they encourage work/life balance.

In our group you are assigned to specific desks, and work directly with the client.

The hardest part of the job is little to no breaks during the day.

Most enjoyable is the ability to work from home, and the huge amount of vacation time that is offered.
Great working experience
Pricing and Accounting Specialist Associate (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 20, 2015
A lot of hard work is needed for this job and a lot of stay positive attitude. Days can get long and hectic but the experience you get is like no other. You will learn something new everyday and gain a vast knowledge of mutual fund accounting along with many other things. SSC is a great place to learn, meet people and grow your career.
Nice company to work with.
Senior programmers (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 13, 2015
Good company with nice work culture. Good for starters. Nice environment to work with.

1 2 3 4 5

About State Street

Through its flagship State Street Bank and other subsidiaries, the company provides investment management and servicing, trading, – Read more