State Street Employee Reviews in United States

Horribly bland
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 23, 2016
Its a corporate death trap. Compensation is leagues below industry. Experience gained here will pigeon hole you in the market.

Nobody will hire State Street employees. Get out now.
State Street
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 21, 2016
It was a summertime internship, so it was defintely hard work a but also good labor & i'll recommend anyone to that company because it would definitely help you grow wise.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Long hours, low pay, low quality of life
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 16, 2016
Its a good place to begin a career but it is unwise to stay more than a couple years. The long hours get very tiresome and you are not treated as a valuable asset. There is also very high turnover.
Fine Place to Start Career
SFDC Administrator/Developer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 16, 2016
State Street does a great job of training, with a dedicated staff and lots of tools available to make you successful. It has a professional environment and interesting work. The starting salary is far below industry standards. Advancement can be very quick or take years depending on your team.
a typical day at work
Account Manager/Senior Lead (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJune 10, 2016
As an account manager, I led a group of up to 5 associates. We calculated and reported accurate income each day. We used in house systems to ensure there no out of tolerance impacts, cleared exceptions throughout the day and ran impact reports in the afternoon.
Pros
ability to work from home, 8:30-5
Cons
same process each day, long commute
Fine Place to Start Career
Fund Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 10, 2016
Pros
Professional Environment
Cons
Low pay relative to industry
A little about me...
Helpdesk Support Specialist, Officer (Current Employee) –  North Quincy, MAJune 2, 2016
In my current role I have refined my ability to work in a fast-paced environment; to execute tasks to meet client and organizational deadlines; to work harmoniously and professionally with all levels of management, external clients, and vendors.
siiiiiick
Risk Application Development Co-op (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 30, 2016
probs the dopest place of work i've ever worked at. Every day was sick. It was like the company motto was YOLO because we just always had a blast.
Pros
YOLO
Cons
none bruh
1st line of support for multi national company, support people world wide
Network Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 27, 2016
8 hour + shift, answer phones, crisis management. Run data base cycles, create new user accounts.
There was a good crew of people to work with
Pros
Free bottled water, weekly pay period
Cons
shift work
Learned so much!
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAMay 26, 2016
During this internship I was amazed at the attention I got. I was often sat down and given lessons on anything I didn't know about or wanted to. The staff made sure that I was busy and doing meaningful work.
state street was a great place to learn and get my feet wet
Account Manager / Sr. Associate-Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 26, 2016
I learned a lot over my 15 years at state street bank. I was able to climb through the ranks and go from entry level to eventually becoming the boss! I owe all the experience and knowledge I have received over those year to State Street.
Pros
good expereince, lots to learn, decent benefits
Fund Accountant
Accounting/Pricing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 19, 2016
It was a good opportunity for a start in the Financial/Accounting Business world. The people I worked with were good and you learn a lot.
Wonderful Work Environment
Knowledge Manager & SharePoint/Collaborate Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 18, 2016
A typical work day consisted of the development and maintanance of the Legal SharePoint/Collaborate sites and the fielding legal teams’ questions. Conducted SharePoint demos for new hires and Legal teams and ran the Legal, Compliance, Regulatory and Global Security’s Reward and Recognition Program, along with various other duties.

State Street afforded me a wonderful opportunity to become SharePoint administrator/manager which became the favorite portion of my day-to-day activities. My manager was an instrumental factor in assisting with the creation of my learning development plan and was the catalyst for making me want to achieve my goals while at State Street.
Pros
Learning and development
Cons
Layoffs due to restructuring
Work was repetitive
Shareholder Services Co-op (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 17, 2016
The shareholder services team does extremely repetitive work on a daily basis. The daily routine is pretty much the same for everyone and there is little room for growth. While this job may be for some people, it certainly isn't for everyone.
Excellent Job Work/Life Balance Culture
Client Integration Program Executive (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 15, 2016
Overall Great Financial Services Company!!

Great Management team and co-workers.

Interesting business line.

Great learning experience.
Pros
Excellent Job Work/Life Balance Culture
Cons
I cannot think of any.
State Street Bank
Collateral Debt Obligations Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 15, 2016
This was an interesting part of my life where I had just graduated from college with a heavy emphasis on Radio, Film, Theater and Philosophy. Went to a temp agency and they placed me in a major financial institution. This was very fast paced with everyone having a decent amount of know how going into their position.

I was extremely fortunate to have this opportunity. As my first real job, it became a great new learning experience which I excelled at rather quickly.

I learned about how mutual funds work and financial operation on a global scale. Interacted with clients, agent banks and internal investment banks to ensure the portfolios performed optimally.

I was told that my performance accounted to 15% of the funds success. One fund was valued at $14.6 billion. It was an honor to have this kind of responsibilty. Fortunate to work under such a great leader who originally trained me on his duties.

What we did was like one giant puzzle. As a lifelong musician, I believe that it was this skill which allowed me to work well with patterns and math while being creative enough to figure out the reconciliation of the funds they were in the process of balancing.

They foresaw the economic crisis and began to downsize. This offered a voluntary layoff which helped to change and refocus my life. The severance package is what I used to move to the greatest city ever... Austin, Tx.
Pros
Amount of learning, responsibility and work experience I gained, assisted my future in countless ways both personally and in my future career endeavors
Cons
It was not a job I was trying to get and pursue for my career. Although, if there was something relevant that presents itself down the road, I may be inclined.
Busy
Client Operation Intern Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 8, 2016
Great for straight out of college grads to start your career in business or finance jobs. cons: very unorganized. the company moves around a lot
Revciew
Accounting Associate I (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 7, 2016
Working there was always interesting. The company is mainly sticking with contract workers. Which sucks but it was a cool place to work. One of their benefits is that you can spend two paid days a year volunteering.
Good Managers are enabled, many exist.
Contract Consultant, SME- SMARTS Administrator (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAMay 5, 2016
Deep pockets allow for stability, and many good managers and opportunities. Some decisions were made much earlier, but still cause issues in the current environment (like a complete outsource of most IT functions).
Pros
The company is open to flexible working arangements
Comfortable workplace environment
Capital Market Accounting Co-op (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 5, 2016
Co-workers all had 10 years or more work experiences but they were very friendly which made me feel comfortable in the workplace. It was fun to learn how to use new programs such as Intrader, Oracle, and Essbase to deal with accounting data. Also, lunch break is flexible which allowed me to go for lunch anytime I wanted.
Pros
Comfortable workplace environment, flexible break time
Cons
Sometimes little work for co-op