State Street

State Street Employee Reviews

Good place to start
Client Operation Services (Former Employee), BontonJuly 22, 2015
Get your foot on the door. Gain experience, exposure to financial markets and move on. There is potential but management is losing focus on values.
Good company if you can stay long enough
Fund Administration Supervisor (Former Employee), BostonJuly 20, 2015
Pros: progessive
Cons: none
Tell us about:
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Productive and fun working
Sr. UI Developer (Current Employee), New jerseyJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Great environment, Solid benefits
Cons: fast deadlines
My entire career at State Street was entertaining, stressful, and fun. some of the best parts was working with some great co-workers and managers.
Great workplace for young professionals
Recruiting Coordinator/Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 5, 2015
The company is doing everything it can to help out young professionals succeed. State Street may pay low for entry level, but if you work your butt off you can rise in the rankings very quickly!
Custodian banking service comany
Worldwide leader (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Best job in accounting field who wants work in this area.
This company is the best custodian bank in investment service area.
Also most enjoyable part of the job was financial accounting position which always required multi tasking which is always keep me in happy busy all day.
Very good company to start your career
Fund Accountant Intern (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 2, 2015
- Daily work can be monotonous, but staying active within the company creates a better sense of pride in your work.
- Great vacation time
- The pay is lower than industry standard
Great place for new undergrads
Accounting Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 25, 2015
Pros: Work-life balance
Cons: Compensation is very low
You will quickly develop you professional skills and learn a lot from working with their system.
The supervisors are great to work. great vacation and also, a lot of training courses available.
Good company to start career with
Investment Performance & Analytics Client Officer (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 22, 2015
Pros:

Culture that promotes good work/life balance
Many different areas to move around laterally
Good entry point into the Financial Services Industry
Technology Leader

Cons:

Limited upward mobility
Decreasing education reimbursement
limited technical exposure
Accelerated Outsourcing
Great work experience, ability to learn a lot, flex program, work from home opportunity
Client Service Performance & Analytics Officer (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 22, 2015
On the daily basis I have to answer a lot of performance and attribution questions from both the client and internal operations group. I have a great group of people I work with especially my direct boss. I've learned a lot from him and from the group - performance, attribution, how to face the client etc. The hardest part of my job is that I have a lot of different departments I have to rely on to produce our reports and sometimes the communication could be difficult when they don't meet deadlines. The most enjoyable part of my job is my group and opportunity to serve our client directly with all the knowledge and experience I got working for operations group.
good working
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 16, 2015
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: N/A
a very good working environment I enjoy working with some interesting coworkers . the most enjoyable part of my job was a constant challenge
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), North Quincy, MAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Good people
Cons: Lack of advancement opportunites
Back when I worked at State Street in the late1990's, early 2000', it was a good place to work. Fair salaries and fun people.
Used to be good but now a sweat shop
Financial Reporting Officer (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 7, 2015
Pros: Work from home flexibility
Cons: Long hours
I have worked here for 20+ years but in the past year I have never been so overworked and underappreciated. I work weekends and 16 hour days and am talked down to and treated with no respect.
Would not recommend
Associate 2 (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 3, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: no promotions, work holidays, pay is terrible
I've been working full time for a little over a year and a half now and would really not recommend this company to anyone. There is hardly any finnacial recognition for hard and promotions are scarce. They really expect a lot out of you when they pay relatively low.
Great enviornment and company
Pricing Specialist/ Accountant Assc (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 21, 2015
I have been fortunate enough to be accepted into this team where I managed to learn so much about accounting and investment banking. My co-workers are all hard working and very helpful and insightful. I am only getter better everyday at what I do thanks to my team and the company.
Low moral
Officer (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 21, 2015
Pros: 401k Match
Cons: Management doesn't seem committed to employee success
Employee moral seems very low as most workers appear over worked and under appreciated. In my opinion, State Street hasn't attracted or retained the best and brightest in the industry. From my experience, employees come in with high expectations for success, but burn out rather quickly and hit the job search hard.
State Street is a great company to work for.
Division Coordinator/Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 18, 2015
State Street is a great company to work for. I would recommend it to anyone seeking employment. State Street has a great Summer Intern program. This allows potential future employees to see what State Street is about while working in the role of an intern.
Food preparation & presentation, short order cook, (Former Employee), Midland,MIMay 12, 2015
Pros: Great chef who fought me a lot!
Cons: Management and the GM were very rude and never happy.
I learned how hard it is to start a business with allot of turn over. I worked my but off every day with my team and loved my team! i worked at a fast pace and it was great. but i was not treated as an equal by the management because i was young.
Great benefits but too much change over the last few years
Senior Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 5, 2015
Pros: High volume of Vacation Days
Cons: Difficult Work Life Balance depending on your department.
State Street offers good benefits in terms of vacation days, 401 K and depending on your department, a good bonus. However at State Street over the last 5 years they have introduced Centers of Excellence which they are using as a blanket model across all departments. It works effectively for a lot of departments but not for all. As a result there is a lot of turnover during the "break in period" creating a domino effect. Sometimes this breakout works but when it doesn't after a year or two they revert to the original model. Unfortunately, a lot of experienced staff have already moved to other departments.
good company to learn at
Lead Client Service Analyst, Trade Analytics (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 5, 2015
I have learned much about the sales process, as well as servicing clients for trade analytics, as well as the trading process in general. I have performed many roles in my job, including sales, client servicing and operations. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with, but the opportunity for advancement in my role is extremely limited.
good company overall; just watch your back
Senior Fund Accountant (Former Employee), Kansas City, MoMay 4, 2015
Pros: cafeteria, good employees, great benefits
Cons: fast deadlines
co-workers are great to work with. I wish management would keep up the rest of us on what's going on. they hide things until they can't. i enjoyed being able to do different projects.I learned the value of teamwork the most. the hardest part of the job was that there were so many projects to do you sometimes struggled to juggle all of them.

1 2 3 4 5

About State Street

Over more than two centuries, we’ve earned a reputation as a top financial services provider for institutional investors – Read more

State Street Salaries