State Street Employee Reviews

good place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 15, 2017
great place to work and learn and move on from not a good place to grow and stay for a long time unless you want to become a vp or higher. management is good and they offer great benefits.
Worst company to work for
Fund Accountant I (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 11, 2017
worst managers ever, think of bad manager you had and its worst than that, the have no incentive to teach you anything. The manager that you report to is not available and you are told report to someone else every week. I worked as fund accountant and the software would go down literary every day.
Fast paced culture, many projects at once, great learning experience
Investment Compliance Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 10, 2017
I gained many practical skills relevant to my legal education as an investment compliance intern at SSGA, it was challenging work and many hours of commitment without enough compensation.
good place to work
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 10, 2017
Typical fast paced financial services company. Good opportunities for employees to move within the company to advance their careers.
Good location in Boston
Toxic
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAOctober 10, 2017
Overworked, underappreciated and at the mercy of inept managers. My dept. was the epitome of the "old boy's club". I feel promotions were given to repay favors and not due to merit.
Pros
Benefits, work-life balance and ability to wah.
Cons
Shareholders were more important than employees
Excellent
Client Service Operations Specialist, Associate ll (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 9, 2017
High energy, fast paced, great experience. Through my current position of Client Service Specialist at State Street, I’m responsible for securities operations within fixed income, equity, domestic and foreign. I excel in a fast paced deadline oriented work environment, which has instilled a key attention to detail into me. Quickly becoming expert with State Street’s systems as well as ideating creative and more efficient workflow process have been crucial towards my success
Great place to work/Challenging benefits culture
Performance Measurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 9, 2017
State Street is a great place to work especially if you are looking for the work/life balance. However, the benefits package is poor. Also, advancement is challenging and there are lots of politics in order for someone to climb.
Very Productive Line of business
Account Transition Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PAOctober 9, 2017
Very Productive and rapidly growing Line of business, state street is becoming one of the largest providers of middle office operations. They do have a sizable offshore presence but that is not stopping them from continuing to grow their US employees.
n/a
Oprations Officer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 9, 2017
The company is going through lots of change, both in the operating and management. Used to be a great place to work. Now employees are constantly monitored and can be fired for the slightest offense. Always looking of your shoulder waiting for the ax to fall. Have gotten rid of so many people with knowledge that there are not many people left that can answer a question.
N/a
Vice President, Operations (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 9, 2017
Depending on the management, there can be limited mobility once you land in a role at State Street. In general, the consensus is the hours are long and everyone is being asked to do more work with fewer resources.
Relaxed dress code and good management.
Client Service Operations Specialist, Associate (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 7, 2017
The corporate culture at the State Street Sacramento office is relatively relaxed. The dress code only requires that you where pants (jeans ok) without any holes in them, non-athletic shoes (Vans are ok) and a collared shirt. The management is competent and helpful. The starting salary is fairly low and because State Street is so large there is a lot of red tape.
Pros
Good work/life balance, relaxed dress code.
Cons
Short lunches, little to no variation in daily tasks, low compensation.
No longer employed by State Street
Sr. Telecom Voice Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 6, 2017
I enjoyed working at State Street and had some very good managers in my time there. My position was outsourced in January of 2017 to Verizon. I would welcome the opportunity to work at State Street in the future.
Part time position that provided skills to move to full time
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 6, 2017
Included General clerical and mail room responsibilities that provided training and experience to better prepare you for next level full time employment
Great
Functional Specialist Associate I Intern (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAOctober 6, 2017
Great workplace, very convenient and the people there are some of the best people I got to know. You could learn anything you ask for or about. People were very open and considerate.
Can get lost in the crowd
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAOctober 6, 2017
Given the sheer size of the organization, it is easy to get lost in the crowd at State Street. Compensation is fair and people somewhat friendly. Competitive environment for sure.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Size
13 years of intersting job.
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAOctober 4, 2017
It was a great place to work.
A lot of interesting projects.
I learned Linux, UNIX ,NetBackup, Active Directory,
It was very good team. Good management.
poorly organized an inefficient
Operations Trade Processing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hadley, MAOctober 4, 2017
extreme lack of commitment and work ethic by a majority of those who worked there with a strong desire to not do work. Low pay and a lack of company culture. This is a good job for someone who wants to do a boring job, and wants to not do much work. If you want to be efficient and challenged, this is not the place for you
Laid back work enviorment
AIS Fund Administrator, Associate I (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJOctober 4, 2017
The training may not be sufficient to complete all aspects of the job. Day to day Processes do not change often. Typical required reconciliation of cash.
Full of young people straight out of college.
Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 3, 2017
Great view and location, other than that it costs $53 per month to park, and they pay poorly. Lots of vacation time though. It seems they care more about getting things done in a timely manner rather than getting things done right. There was lots of slacking off and playing around among upper management, even when someone needed help. Not a very serious work environment.
Pros
Free food, activities, lots of vacation time
Cons
poor management, lack of guidance, not many opportunities to advance
Quiet workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 3, 2017
-Create powerpoints for meetings
-improve my customer service skills
-Amazing team very organized and helpful
-when the day would go by slow sometimes you would have nothing to do
-meeting new people and learning new things about business field daily.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State Street. Our community is ready to answer.