State University

State University Employer Reviews

Student Worker
COMPUTER LAB ASSISTANT (Current Employee), MOJune 30, 2014
Lab Assistant was an ideal job for a student. A typical day consisted of supervising a lab while maintaining a clean and studious environment.
Enjoyable academic atmosphere.
Receptionist (Former Employee), 807 University Pkwy.June 20, 2014
Pros: work around my class schedule
Cons: no cons
Answer phones, answer questions of students, make copies, type up files and file paperwork, pick up and deliver mail, assist professors when needed, etc.
Technology Rental Manager
Technology Rental Manager (Former Employee), TNJune 4, 2014
Pros: i was in charge
Cons: times students could work proved to be difficult and i at times had to cover the hours they couldn't
A typical day consisted of reviewing inventory that we had coming and as well as inventory that was rented out. I had to review any past due rentals and establish upon a timely matter when the equipment would be returned. After the renters were contacted, I had to fix any damaged product that we had and order new parts. Any new software that was ordered – more... had to be inventoried and or installed on the university computers. I also had to gain a brief understanding of the products as to demonstrate their use and or explain about the software. Depending on the day, scheduling needed to be taken care of.
I learned that in order to gain the most effectiveness out of my team, I must respect and honor them as a major asset to my team. A happy team member is a hard working team member.
The hardest part of my job was time management between my job and school. I was in Graduate School and found it difficult to balance between work and school. However through discipline, I accomplished both goals.
The most enjoyable part of my job was becoming knowledgeable in the different software and equipment. There was nothing in my division that I did not know how to use or have an understanding of. Between fixing and ordering the different products, I became very knowledgeable. – less
Very great running and worker friendly environment with steady raises.
IT Lab Assistant (Former Employee), MOMay 27, 2014
Pros: great scheduling and amazing employees and management
Cons: short shift and limited hours
They are very conscious of the student worker going to school full-time and worker for them as well. On a day to day basis my daily objectives were to aid students in the computer lab with common computing problems and services with Microsoft programs and school website problems.
The environment was pleasant to work in.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), TNMay 21, 2014
A typical day at work is always interesting because I will have impacted knowledge. This ultimately brings fulfillment
Not to shabby
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOMay 2, 2014
Great place to work, could use some updated culture practices but overall not a bad place to work.
Great Job!
Temporary Hourly (Current Employee), TNApril 30, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: no cons
Great Job! :-) 8-4:30! Great coworkers, fun environment, and great service! Love it!
Wonderful Benefits
Scientific Laboratory Coordinator/OSHA Coordinator (Current Employee), TNApril 27, 2014
Pros: two week paid time off at christmas/new years
Cons: slightly lower pay for the area
East Tennessee State University has a benefits package that just can't be beat. While the pay is often lower than at other surrounding universities, the benefits package and paid holidays make it well worth it.
Wonderful people to work with, but little pay.
Secretary II in Literature and Language (Current Employee), TNApril 17, 2014
Unfortunately the University pays very little and expects work from you that most other places are receiving excellent compensation from.
love to keep a healthy worklife
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), MOApril 11, 2014
i love to work out in the gym after work and love to play soccer during summer.i am very likable and out going. Really get my grove on when on the dance floor.
caring cooperative staff, interesting clients, fair payment
Contract Psychologist (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 26, 2014
Pros: interesting clients, caring staff, reasonable payment
Cons: contract administration is spotty
This has been a successful, worthwhile contract with caring and cooperative staff and very interesting clients. Payment for services is reasonable.
Custodial Assistant
Student (Former Employee), University Student UnionMarch 19, 2014
Pros: great bosses.
Cons: cleaning up the female tampon dispensaries.
Like the Building Manager position, working at Cal State LA was a good opportunity to meet new people from different parts of life. The hardest part of this position was cleaning up after someone had made a mess.
Not another one like it
Student Worker (Former Employee), MOMarch 13, 2014
Working on campus in the Foreign Language and Anthropology department was fun and easy. It is a very lax environment and the work is easy. The best part is that most of the time you could do your homework while you were there. For a student, that is a major plus!
Great environment, good benefits, fullfilling work.
Director of First Year Initiative (Current Employee), TNMarch 3, 2014
ETSU is a great place to get an education and also earn a living. What is even better is that if you would like, you can do both of those things at the same time, for free!
SERVICE RESPONSE COORDINATOR (Current Employee), MOFebruary 18, 2014
This is a great place to work with really good benefits. Coworkers are very friendly. Salary could be higher but the benefits help justify the lower salaries.
Good university building to work at
Event Services Manager (Former Employee), MOJanuary 19, 2014
This is one of the biggest buildings on campus. This was a good on campus job.
Productive and fun environment
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee), MODecember 19, 2013
College students are easy to get along with. It was fast pace and easily learned.
College Bookstore
Barista (Former Employee), Noble, INDecember 18, 2013
It is what it is. a college bookstore who marketed itself as a Barnes and Noble
Great educational expierence
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), MODecember 13, 2013
Northwest Missouri State University has a great educational backing full of opportunity.
Payroll Technician
Payroll Technician (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MONovember 23, 2013
• Processed payroll checks for employees
• Set up direct deposit accounts for students employees
• Performed data entry ofW2 and W4 information
• Answering telephone calls and students and employees with payroll questions

1 2 3