Work for an organization with a name synonymous with progressive technology. Arizona Department of Administration's ASET division has an excellent opportunity for an experienced in-house web developer to help us on several fun, on-going projects. The ideal candidate works with minimal direct supervision in a small team environment and has the capability of working under pressure to meet the deadlines and comfortable in a "high-octane" environment. Selected candidate(s) need experience in the entire software development lifecycle including: requirements, design, development, testing, and deployment. This position reports to the Manager of the applications development team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain websites and functionality for various state agencies;
- Create and enhance database structures in accordance with web application design and reports;
- Develop and promote the use of development standards to improve web security and enhance application design;
- Provide presentations and technical support for clients in relation to web application development;
- Understand user needs, requirements and requests to identify priorities, escalating urgent/conflicting requests;
- Proactively identify, develop and deploy solutions to improve effectiveness of technology delivered materials/information.
- Drupal & PHP websites, modules, taxonomy, theming;
- Providing web development services;
- Web application programming skills using a commonly supported language (i.e., PHP or ASP.NET) to create MySQL database driven web applications;
- Creating and updating MS SQL or MySQL table structures, views and stored procedures;
- Developing web pages and interactive web content using HTML and HTML editing tools;
- Dependable with a make it happen attitude
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Solution oriented
- Team player in an agile environment.
Demonstrated Knowledge of:
- Web based applications and associated database requirements;
- Relational database design concepts, principles, practices and methods;
- Security/permissions standards;
- Stored procedure methods and techniques;
- PHP & Drupal setup and administration
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or closely related AND three (3) years web and database experience including creating & updating table structures and views as well as CSS development; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Indeed - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Government Related Activities. Arizona, nicknamed the Grand Canyon State, became the 48th state on February 14, 1912. Approximately...