State of Arizona

State of Arizona Employer Reviews

I not only have extensive electrical experience, I enjoy it.
Electrician (Former Employee), Florence AzAugust 4, 2014
Pros: challenging
Cons: could be a shocking experience
I enjoy troubleshooting electrical circuits - at times it can be challenging and difficult but it is always rewarding. I appreciate the mental stimulation some aspects of the job provide.
Great company to work for.
Associate Deputy Warden (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZJuly 28, 2014
Great promotional opportunities. Good team work. Enjoyed the fact that my days were never boring or routine.
Fun place to work
PSE III (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: i cannot think of any
Interviewed clients to determine whether they were eligible for
AHCCCS & food stamps. I learned a lot about computers, fax machines & people. The hardest part of the job is when you have to deny someone that has an enormous hospital bill & the most enjoyable is when you can approve someone with an enormous hospital bill.
Easy to promote with education
Parole Officer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 31, 2014
Pros: promotes education
Cons: poor pay
They don't pay in comparison to other law enforcement agencies.
co workers were fine to work with
Program Service Evaluator III (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2014
after 2007 the workplace became micro managed.
Hardest part was denying claimant's benefits.
First Encounter with Government Employment
Public Service Evaluator (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMay 11, 2014
Pros: supervisor was and amazing lady
Cons: very low pay lot of demands.
It was a great job....was. I had a manger with a heart and a major sense of understanding. She was the kind of person you WANTED to work for and made you feel good just for showing up to the job. She understood that people are individuals and not machines. I learned so very much from her and to this day, we remain friends.
love knowing that I was helpping Kids get Health Ins.
Eligibility Interviewer III (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 4, 2014
Pros: having health ins for my family, vacation and sick time, dental and vision ins, haveing life ins. plus a good retirment
Cons: have a good job and do go to lunch or breakfast with your team 1 time in a quarter
working case by case, working finical putting parents and Children on AHCCCS.
I learned a lot for this job of the different computer systems, talking to people on the phone, answering emails and returning phone calls, management was there if you needed any help.
your co-workers are all there if you have questions also
loosing my job and insurance.
hearing – more... the happy voice get all excited when they are approved. – less
Very political.
Energy Performance and Program Specialist II (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 2, 2014
Pros: i cannot think of any.
Cons: a very political and oppressive environment.
If you are not of the Republican Party or are a person of color (Minority) you do not stand a chance in career advancement.
Fun Job
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Buckeye, AZApril 11, 2014
Deal effectively in stressful situations while upholding high customer service standards
Knowledge of the computer systems and accounting or billing software preferred
Distorted Division
Executive Assistant, Support Staff-ECDH (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 10, 2014
Mis-use of funds at the Tax-payers expense. I was brought in to build the division and without notice laid off. I did everything from Board Secretary to writing job descriptions. 5 of us were laid off at the same time. I wore many hats there.
Productive and fun workplace with lots of pizza parties.
Driver (Former Employee), Northern Arizona UniversityApril 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: pay, benefits.
I liked working for the State of Arizona except it did not pay enough or give me enough hours.
Productive and fun workplace with music.
Extensive Data Entry (Former Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaMarch 28, 2014
Pros: relaxed work environment, free lunch, office perks
Cons: hostile/divided workplace
Productive and bottom-line results.
Not to take anything personal, working in a Team environment the work load may not always be equal.
Keep it professional.
Not to get emotionally attached & take work home.
Positive/Successful outcome.
Treated Like An Adult
HR Analyst (Current Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaMarch 26, 2014
Pros: autonomy, work/life balance, promote from within, benefits
Cons: not the highest paying, commute into downtown
I have been working for the State for less than two years. In that time, I received a promotion, a pay increase, and recognition from my department. I have a background in the private sector, so my work attitude is to take "ownership" of my job. Management here has really embraced that and given me autonomy in my work, and has included me in many high-impact – more... projects. They value my input and treat me like an adult, rather than micro-manage me (like previous employers I've worked for).

The public sector is not the highest paying industry to work for, there are no crazy bonuses or parties, and some of the offices are outdated, but my work is rewarding and rarely stressful.

Just wish there were more restaurant options for lunch... – less
Fantastic Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 23, 2014
Wonderful experience. Loved the other employees, and job. was the Assistant Office Manager, included phones daily operations, scheduling.
Job security
State of Arizona (Current Employee), Florence, AZMarch 19, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: environment
This is a career that does hold job security but there are high risks working in this type of environment.
heartless
Program Services Evaluator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: state employment benefits
Cons: the management is not as worried about the client as much they are about their numbers.
Some of the people that work there are cold and heartless to the situation of the people applying for assistance. They don't know or understand the hardships that people wanting benefits go through. they don't offer clear instructions or alternate ways of providing needed information causing some applications to denied or delayed. DES penalizes workers – more... that take too much time helping clients because they worry about their numbers that monitor the number of people helped that day. – less
Law Enforcement Job with good benefits
Correctional (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no breaks, working with children
It is a really great place to work if you want to get your foot in the door to go into law enforcement. Benefits are great but there is little to none room for advancement or pay raises even based on performance.
Becareful applying for the IT level 3. I was hired and treated horribly by this company.
IT Level 3 (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: none i can think of.
Cons: rude employees, and faculty.
I started working there, and from day one I was confronted by the employees, and told how to becareful to not outshine the IT guy there because he likes to be the one to shine. This guy is so rude. Funny how everybody complains about this guy, but yet he still has a job.

If you do not know Epicor, think twice about entering this job, as it involves – more... knowing it, and it is not a user friendly system. While working there I received no training on Epicor depiste asking for it over and over. Also the pay is not what It seems. Not by a long shot.

Good luck!! – less
Enjoyed working for the State of Arizona
Manufactured Housing Inspector (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: working independently
Cons: typical work can become boring
I enjoyed working as a manufactured housing inspector. I wasn't much of a code "policeman" but I enjoyed helping manufactures improve their quality assurance by meeting expected building codes.

In the field you work with manufacturers quality assurance personnel. I found most of them enjoyable to work with.
Admin Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 1, 2014
I enjoyed learning new things every day to help our clients. Days were spent aiding case workers, taking care of files and organizing client files.

1 2 3 4 5

About State of Arizona

Government Related Activities. Arizona, nicknamed the Grand Canyon State, became the 48th state on February 14, 1912. Approximately – Read more

State of Arizona Photos