State of Arkansas Employee Reviews

Not good
Tax Auditor II (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 4, 2015
No room for growth here. Not made for someone fresh out of college that's eager to learn. Typical job for someone that is more settled.
Good
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Shirley, ArkansasJune 15, 2015
Pros: Children are great
Cons: Nothing for the kids to do except go wild.
I like substitute teaching except for the fact that I don't get to interact much with the children. On the other side of that sometimes in this particular setting, there was no instructions left for the kids to fill in the time while their teacher was gone which lead to chaos. Everyone is very friendly in a small school system.
Productive and high volume work environment with plenty to eat.
Dept of Finance & Admin (Former Employee), Little RockJune 10, 2015
A typical dayat work consisted of taking 30-40 calls per day in regards to mtor vehicle titling, registration and insurance rquirements for the state of Arkansas
Productive place of employment yet a stagnant and impassable position
Admin Assistant (Current Employee), ARMay 26, 2015
Pros: Permanent position with benefits
Cons: Hard for ethnic interoffice personnel to move up or get promotions.
Professionally, pleasantly greet guests
Learned to appear busy
Management needs management
Co-workers pleasant to work with
Appearing busy when work is done
Going home
Great vacation spot for the outdoor enthusiast! Five star accommodations.
Facility Manager (Former Employee), Mt. Magazine, Paris, ARApril 7, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Inconsistent work hours
Loved the clients/guests....favorite was working banquets/special events. Proud of our State Park system. Mt. Magazine is definitely top of the charts as best place to visit in Arkansas.
Great employees. Best benefits. Only downfall was inconsistent hours....never knew when you worked or days off....took all my time away from family.
Co-Workers
Program Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee), Little RockApril 1, 2015
The best part of my day is having such fun and supportive co-workers, where we can all carry out the objective of Arkansas Services
nice work enviroment
Department Of Motor Finance, Title Examiner (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: had good benenfits.
Cons: not enough pay for thew job that was being performed
It was 8:00 to 4:30 and it was a nice place to work. Always got along with my co workers. Management was good. The best part of my job with the state was paid holidays.
Opportunies for exposure...
Senior Tax Auditor II (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 15, 2015
This is a great environment if you are self-motivated and interested in exploring various industries. There are ongoing opportunities for continuing education and management is supportive.
Career and Skill Builder
Financial Analyst/Accountant (Current Employee), Little Rock, ArkansasJanuary 13, 2015
Working for the State of Arkansas will allow you to advance your career as well as enhance your skillset
A very good job. Challnging at times Fun at times. Depressing at times
Senior citizen center director (Former Employee), Gassville, AROctober 21, 2014
Pros: enjoying tthe elderly people. they were so much fun. learning from them and helping them
Cons: elderly people can be chidish and selfish, hard to get a long with, seeing elder abuse, and lots of paperwork
This was a very good job. But it could be stressful. It is hard to meet the needs of all elderly people. You could not make them all happy. But, most of them were funny, entertaining and kind. I had to keep track of what was going on in their lives so that I could get the help they needed. I learned how to have a lot of patience.
The work is enjoyable but the environment is distracting.
Production Artist (Current Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 18, 2014
Pros: always learrning
Cons: distracting environment
The work is challenging and can be intense but in a good way. The environment leaves a lot to be desired due to constant interruptions and requirement of management to maintain a task list, which can be distracting when your focus is on your projects, the emphasis on the task list becomes more important than the tasks themselves. The task list is the hardest part of the job, but the projects themselves are challenging and enjoyable.

The work is very challenging and each project is different, which keeps the learning process moving forward.
Paper work and good customer service.
Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Pine Bluff , ArkansasOctober 13, 2014
Enjoyed learning about the the law regarding child support and calculating arrears.
Working for the State of Arkansas was so rewarding.
Reintegration counselor (Former Employee), Little Rock, ArkansasOctober 1, 2014
Pros: awesome work environment
Cons: i was there only 2 years
I traveled a lot and was able to meet many interesting people. We were able to help the Katrina victims, and that was rewarding.
Average state job, great people to work with
Adult Probation Officer (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARSeptember 29, 2014
Average day was 8-4:30. Alot of paperwork, high caseloads to supervise. I spent alot of time in court and the office. I loved the job because it was always something different everyday and I loved being in court. There really wasn't a hard part of the job.
Felt valued by management staff
AutoCAD Draftsman (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ARSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: free meals. worked at own pace.
Opportunities to learn new computer related skills.
The day was over before I realized it.
Great Job
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Yucaipa, CAAugust 8, 2014
I enjoyed my time with the state. I gained a lot of knowledge and loved the responsibly of my job. I made a lot of great friends from my time there and really enjoyed my job.
It's a good place to work
DFA Technician (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 23, 2014
Pros: we get alot of rewards like pizza party, an hour for lunch and get to home one early before the hoildays
Cons: nether we real busy or real slow no in between.
I work Monday thru Friday 8:00 to 4:30. At 8:00 I check my email to see if any work need be done or do left over work from the day before. At 8:30 I go down stair to do check voucher for payment. I'm back at about 9:30 (depending on how many check we have) to start my scanning for the day. When I finish my scanning and attaching for the day. I see what other assigned duties I need to do. I have learned a lot on my job like Microsoft Outlook 2010, Microsoft Word and navigate though a computer a lot better. Management is a good team and very organize when it come to what they need from you. I get along with all my co- worker, we work as team. The hardest part about the job is staying busy after tax season. We are very busy between January and April and maybe until June. After that we slow down a lot. So we are either real busy or real slow no in between. The best of my job you are left along to do you job. No one is watching over back making sure you doing your job.
Great co-workers
Child Support Specialist I (Former Employee), Marion, ARJune 26, 2014
Pros: great team work environment
Cons: pay needs to comparable to actual workload duties.
Enjoyed working with really nice co-workers who were super supportive and believed in team work. The hardest part of this job was the constant phone calls from customers who were extremely upset. Learned to not allow disgruntled customers to keep me from becoming unprofessional.
Intense work enviorment with high standards as a State Worker
State Income Tax (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 30, 2014
Pros: job security, no lay-offs with individual tax department.
Cons: health care & pay rate comparable to private jobs.
Management gave mixed signals.
Big employee turnaround.
Stressful job duties
Younger Co-workers could use more training on customer service. Seasoned employees had more patience, and compassion with tax payers.
The most enjoyable part of my job was busy from start to end of day. Many different job functions all day long.
Review
Customer Specialist/ Case Manager (Former Employee), Lowell, ArkansasJanuary 9, 2014
I enjoyed working with my co-workers and I had enough time off so I wouldn't get burn't out. The job wasn't difficult although the clients could be.