State of Arkansas

State of Arkansas Employer Reviews

The work is enjoyable but the environment is distracting.
Production Artist (Current Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 18, 2014
Pros: always learrning
Cons: distracting environment
The work is challenging and can be intense but in a good way. The environment leaves a lot to be desired due to constant interruptions and requirement of management to maintain a task list, which can be distracting when your focus is on your projects, the emphasis on the task list becomes more important than the tasks themselves. The task list is the – more... hardest part of the job, but the projects themselves are challenging and enjoyable.

The work is very challenging and each project is different, which keeps the learning process moving forward. – less
Paper work and good customer service.
Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Pine Bluff , ArkansasOctober 13, 2014
Enjoyed learning about the the law regarding child support and calculating arrears.
Working for the State of Arkansas was so rewarding.
Reintegration counselor (Former Employee), Little Rock, ArkansasOctober 1, 2014
Pros: awesome work environment
Cons: i was there only 2 years
I traveled a lot and was able to meet many interesting people. We were able to help the Katrina victims, and that was rewarding.
Average state job, great people to work with
Adult Probation Officer (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARSeptember 29, 2014
Average day was 8-4:30. Alot of paperwork, high caseloads to supervise. I spent alot of time in court and the office. I loved the job because it was always something different everyday and I loved being in court. There really wasn't a hard part of the job.
Felt valued by management staff
AutoCAD Draftsman (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ARSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: free meals. worked at own pace.
Opportunities to learn new computer related skills.
The day was over before I realized it.
Great Job
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Yucaipa, CAAugust 8, 2014
I enjoyed my time with the state. I gained a lot of knowledge and loved the responsibly of my job. I made a lot of great friends from my time there and really enjoyed my job.
It's a good place to work
DFA Technician (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 23, 2014
Pros: we get alot of rewards like pizza party, an hour for lunch and get to home one early before the hoildays
Cons: nether we real busy or real slow no in between.
I work Monday thru Friday 8:00 to 4:30. At 8:00 I check my email to see if any work need be done or do left over work from the day before. At 8:30 I go down stair to do check voucher for payment. I'm back at about 9:30 (depending on how many check we have) to start my scanning for the day. When I finish my scanning and attaching for the day. I see what – more... other assigned duties I need to do. I have learned a lot on my job like Microsoft Outlook 2010, Microsoft Word and navigate though a computer a lot better. Management is a good team and very organize when it come to what they need from you. I get along with all my co- worker, we work as team. The hardest part about the job is staying busy after tax season. We are very busy between January and April and maybe until June. After that we slow down a lot. So we are either real busy or real slow no in between. The best of my job you are left along to do you job. No one is watching over back making sure you doing your job. – less
Great co-workers
Child Support Specialist I (Former Employee), Marion, ARJune 26, 2014
Pros: great team work environment
Cons: pay needs to comparable to actual workload duties.
Enjoyed working with really nice co-workers who were super supportive and believed in team work. The hardest part of this job was the constant phone calls from customers who were extremely upset. Learned to not allow disgruntled customers to keep me from becoming unprofessional.
Intense work enviorment with high standards as a State Worker
State Income Tax (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 30, 2014
Pros: job security, no lay-offs with individual tax department.
Cons: health care & pay rate comparable to private jobs.
Management gave mixed signals.
Big employee turnaround.
Stressful job duties
Younger Co-workers could use more training on customer service. Seasoned employees had more patience, and compassion with tax payers.
The most enjoyable part of my job was busy from start to end of day. Many different job functions all day long.
Review
Customer Specialist/ Case Manager (Former Employee), Lowell, ArkansasJanuary 9, 2014
I enjoyed working with my co-workers and I had enough time off so I wouldn't get burn't out. The job wasn't difficult although the clients could be.
Work orinented. No play time straight work.
Tax Auditor (Current Employee), JonesboroNovember 2, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: putting hardships on individuals
It is a state job. You work from the time you come in until you go to lunch then take lunch and work til you go home. At least I do. I am dedicated and try to get my work done in a fast reasonable amount of time so the taxpayers do not have to wait to get their audits completed. You learn to work with coworkers and keep it work. The hardest part of – more... the job is when the audit causes a business to close. – less
An excellent work environment with outstanding management
Client Account Specialist (Former Employee), Booneville, ARJuly 30, 2013
Pros: free lunch for all employees
Cons: office building was built in 1927 and was in desperate need of repairs
This facility housed an adverage of 147 special need adults that required full time care. This was a job I truly loved. Although I had little interaction with the clients it is a facility that serves a vital need for the disabled, their families and the community. The management right down to the custodial personnal were there to meet the clients needs – more... in a loving, caring manner. I just can't speak highly enough about the amazing group of people. – less
Public service is commendable.
CORE Training Team Group Lead - Delivery (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 11, 2013
Pros: free parking and a private office
Cons: low morale
Working in the field of IT for the State of Arkansas at the AASIS Service Center has been a challenge.
do not even think about working here.
Zookeeper (Former Employee), Texarkana, ARJune 16, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: pay, management is not supportive and will sabotage efforts to improve the environment
In a Corrections environment, days are stressful enough without having to worry about immediate supervisors stabbing you in the back. If your skin is a certain color or if you join the clique, work days are surely easier but if not, get ready to be micromanaged. I found that most state workers are the laziest creatures and are seldom, if ever, held – more... accountable for work not done or done improperly. In fact, the tract to promotion appeared to be clogged with the laziest employees.
Do yourself a favor and continue looking elsewhere for a job. Anything is better than this place. – less
Your Everyday 8:00a-4:30p With A Kick
Accountant/Manager/Analyst (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARMay 6, 2013
Pros: located in downtown little rock
Cons: no run to grow
I would like to continue to build my knowledge. I have enjoyed the people that I have worked with but I am looking to move to bigger and better things.
Excellent Place To Work
Service Representative (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARMay 2, 2013
This is an excellent place to work and has great benefits.The one down side is the pay.
Good management experience
Field Auditor (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 22, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: on my feet for 8hrs daily. its wasnt like a regular government job(no nights, weekends, holidays)
Overall wonderful experience. I learned alot about working for the government and the policy's of the Gaming industries.
A wonderful place with great co-workers.
DFA Technician (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 7, 2013
The State of Arkansas is a wonderful place to work. The best part about the job are the customers.
State of Arkansas - Politics
System Analyst II (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: training and exposure to business
Cons: compensation
I worked at the State of Arkansas one year. They had some great people and it was who you knew that allowed you to advance. The state did work on cutting edge technology and they did do a lot of training.
Nice close-knit workplace
Executive Secretary/Web Coordinator (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: nice drama-free work environment
Cons: job was located in a bad part of town
My work day would start with revisions to the website, assisting legal staff with correspondence, and switchboard relief.
I learned how to -create, edit and design web pages through Adobe Dreamweaver and Contribute.
Management was very fair and willing to listen to ideas.
My co-workers were always a pleasure to work with.
The hardest part of my job – more... was troubleshooting problem with the web pages and learning code.
The enjoyable part was having my web pages go live and enjoying positive feedback from those who used the website. – less

About State of Arkansas

ASU offers unlimited possibilities for students to customize their experience while on campus. – More from ZoomInfo »