State of Arkansas Employee Reviews

Stressful and petty
Child support specialist I (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMay 16, 2017
An office environment that caters to tattle tales and brown nosers. A stressful, hate-filled environment with the worst management and hateful customers possible.
Pros
Paid leave
Home Town Comfort
Park Ranger (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARMarch 27, 2017
Working here was very refreshing and I got to hang out with some wonderful people. Management was seasoned, educated and always willing to allow us to be creative and go the extra mile. They were not stuffy and were so much fun to work with.
Great team
Administrative Analyst (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARMarch 23, 2017
Implementation of goal oriented habilitation/re-habilitation plan under the supervision of a licensed professional. Evaluate clients’ progress as it relates to individualized goals and objectives. Also responsible for providing a daily narrative of behaviors and interactions with peers and staff. Responsible for holding daily life training sessions. Gain familiarity with navigating Electronic Medical Records Systems, and H.I.P.P.A. regulations.
taiwan i worked hard one day i washed every thing buy im self
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  forest cityMarch 6, 2017
a typical day im working hard i like to learn i would respect any managment i work for i can blend in to any culture when the work is done i have nothing is left but im a team player i would help out to make sure that every thing done i love work
Pros
i love working the right way no drugs selling
Cons
to work the right never the wrong way
State Senator (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMarch 5, 2017
Good management and opportunity to advance. Works well with others in executive branch to try to develop policy that works for the people of Arkansas on a daily basis.
State employement
Administrative Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 16, 2017
Too much favoritism and office politics; low salary; seems like a great place to work until you begin working there. Great experience however, training program needs improvement, and trainers need a more positive attitude.
Easy Job, Good 'ole boy Advancement System
Corporal (Current Employee) –  Malvern, ARDecember 19, 2016
Easy job, but it's hard to move up. In order to not pay you more they give out your "cost of living raise" as a "bonus" instead... Good luck moving up. One mistake on your record and you have to be the only person applying for the new position. They will consider hiring from outside before giving you an opportunity.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Low Salary
good people, good work
Traffic Aide 1 (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 11, 2016
Arkansas is a right to work state so a typical day is busy. 1 half hour break for lunch and if your not really busy you may get a few other short 10 min. breaks in.
I learned a lot and worked hard. Management varied by district, some good and some not so good. People & coworkers were nice and worked with you in the learning process.
The hardest part was the work versus the wage, and the equipment was older. The most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers and the work itself.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
equipment, money
It;s okay to live there I just love home
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, AROctober 29, 2016
Well it;s hot there which is good it just rain to much and then you have all those bugs. But you kind of get use to it, then it rain some more
Pros
The heat
Cons
The rain
Hard working and fun to work for
Laundry Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Marianna, ARAugust 23, 2016
Load and Unload trucks for other BWI warehouses. Pull customer orders and load customer orders. Rail cars can be hot to unload. Great people to work for if you like this kind of work.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
Hot
Frequently understaffed
Program Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARAugust 11, 2016
This workplace is very much government regulated. There are very tight deadlines for all work. The management was kind and tried to work with people within the perimeters they were allowed. Pay is low for such a multi-faceted job and does not increase with the skills and additional programs you learn. There is little opportunity for advancement. Most people hired in retire in the same position.

There is a lot of time off earned. The longer you work there the more hours off per month you earn. The benefits are average for most professional positions.
Pros
Consistency in hours and time off earned
Cons
High stress and low pay
Most boring job ever
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport, AR 72112July 5, 2016
I filled a position that was not needed. All I did was sit and wait to be told what to do and the lady that I was hired to help was never at work. This job held lots of potential and I feel like I was short changed because of who I got stuck with. I was originally hired for a different position but on my first day of employment they changed it up on me.
Working with the State of Arkansas
UNEMPLOYMENT SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARJune 6, 2016
• Provided guidance to individuals during the process of filing for unemployment.
• Created an Arkansas Job Link (AJL) portfolio for each citizen seeking a job and helped direct them to a new career path.
• Performed miscellaneous administrative duties.

I learned how to communicate and show compassion for those looking for jobs.
Appears to be a Company that I could be happy as an employee.
Client Instructor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, AR 71852April 26, 2016
I have not previously worked here, but I have heard good reviews. It would very interesting and fast paced, with interaction with others.
Pros
insurance
Cons
none that I know of.
Great work enviroment
DFA Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 9, 2016
Excellent management and great benefits. You receive paid leave time sick and annual with all holidays paid off and inclement weather days.
Average assessment
Workforce Specialist (Veterans)/Human Resource (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJanuary 30, 2016
Good to have State employment experience. Management has open door and easy to commuicate. Patience is key with workiing in the public landscape. .
Obtained additional skills
Auditor/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 25, 2016
The overall experience working at the State of Arkansas, DFA Office of Personnel Management and Criminal Detention Facility Review was a great learning experience that offered profound insight and education.
Excellent institution
RN license (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 21, 2016
excellent mental health facility in the state, working as a nurse brings great reward. The physicians are very skilled and professional
Pros
good nursing care
Cons
food
an awesome company, fun , challenging and rewarding.
territory manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AEJanuary 18, 2016
Responsible for recruiting, interviewing and training potential and new agents.
● Conduct daily office meetings.
● Analyze agent reports and train on areas of improvement.
● Assist agents with daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual goal setting.
● Trained daily on product knowledge, closing techniques and roll playing.
Pros
Continually training and support, great commission structure, recognition and trips
Cons
Charge backs
Working with the Public
Health Service Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJanuary 8, 2016
I provide services to the Public in regards to Immunizations and WIC. I do intake for these services that require expierence with different Insurance companies and working with all Races and Ethinicities. It is great to be able to help provide nutritional supplements for Women, Infant and Children in need.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State of Arkansas. Our community is ready to answer.