State of California

State of California Employer Reviews

Sincere and inspirational
In home support services provider (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMarch 24, 2015
1.review schedule for following day

2. client hygiene

3. patience and understanding

4. I managed my time

5. I operated independently

6. The pain and insecurity of life

7. resolution of medical ailments, SMILES
Productive and diversity. A great place to work for and good benefits
Legal Secretary/Legal Assistant (Current Employee), CaliforniaMarch 18, 2015
Pros: promotion and recognizing your work
Cons: short breaks
I started out with a typical day by working with a group of judges and attorneys. I have priority work I must complete in a timely manner.

I have learned to be a legal assistant on my job and management skills and training and supervising coworkers. The hardest part of my job is getting peers to work and complete a task on time when given to them. The most enjoyable part is working with team and working with the public.
Ethics
Associate Development Director/Consultant (Former Employee), SacramentoMarch 16, 2015
"I have worked here 1 year. Working for this company is what you would expect. Large company with many opportunities. Work is not too crazy but takes a while to make decent money and to get a decent position."
If you like life in a cubicle
Office Technician (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: hours and benefits
Cons: no education no advancement
Then work for the State. Hours are great, benefits are great but it ends there. If you don't kiss a** or belong to a "click" then good luck.
Licensed Psychiatric Technician
Licensed Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: good wages
Cons: shift work in 24/7 facilities
I began working for the State of California in the Dept. of Developmental Services as a student. I was sponsored to go to school full-time and work 20/16 hours for the state. Once I graduated, I became a full-time employee on the units with behaviorally difficult consumers.

I transferred to Napa State Hospital. I worked in the acute admissions units. I learned how to protect myself, co-workers, and consumers through Management of Assaulted Behavior Techniques.
Used physical, mechanical, and medicinal restraints on consumers who were a danger to self or others.

I moved to the Central San Joaquin Valley where I was employed at Porterville Developmental Center. I worked there for several years before moving to Fresno, California.
Could be more persons with disabilities friendly.
Quailfied Rehabilitation Counselor (Former Employee), Culver City, CAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: continued education
Cons: management lack of empathy for persons with disabilities
A typical day was quite rewarding counseling persons with disabilities however, I learned at times management was less than concerned with the needs of disabled consumers in contrast with management need to balance successful case closures. Co-worker culture are kind, empathic, and resourceful in regards to persons with disabilities with the hardest part of the job being; as mentioned above, management's need to balance successful case closures in contrast with the needs of persons with disabilities. The most enjoyable part of this job was the satisfaction drawn from counseling persons with disabilities and augmenting their quality of life.
Rewarding
In-Home Support Service (Current Employee), Salinas, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Ethical/professional
Everyday is different though you do learn each of your recipients likes and dislikes. Giving your recipient dignity and respect and still at all times practicing universal precautions and safety.
If your out of options they still pay the bills
Associate Hazardous Materials Specialist (Former Employee), Ione, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: pay is steady
Cons: every thing else
IF you are looking to change things for the better. IF your looking to prove to the State that you are there to help, this is not the place for you.
Notary Public
Notary Public (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: self-employed
A notary public is a public official who performs valuable services to the legal, business, financial and real estate communities by certifying or witnessing signatures on official documents.
Great Place to work
PORTER SUPERVISOR / OFFICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Norco, CAliforniaFebruary 8, 2015
This place is really a good place to work, lots of good people here. Do not be afraid to work for the prison system! benefits are great :)
Great job
Vocational Instructor (Former Employee), Lancaster CAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: lazy people
At times very difficult to teach level 4 inmates which are the worst of the worst. A lot nothing going on from Custody staff.
Great company for overall pharmacy experience
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Chino, CAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: working independently.
Cons: having to deal with inmate/patients.
On a daily basis I was able to work independently, as well as, within a group. Problem solving was an every day duty. The most enjoyable part of the job was communicating with other professions to get all jobs done. The least enjoyable part was trying to communicate with inmate/patients in regards to medication problems.
Very demanding and rewarding as well
Fire Chief (Current Employee), Chino, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: self fullfilling
Cons: lots of time away from the family
I worked my way up through the ranks in the fire department to the rank of Fire Chief. I have 33 years of fire expierence has been extremely rewarding.
Good place to work but must relocate
Labor Market Consultant (Current Employee), West Covina, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Very steady job with good benefits. Good health benefits and sick leave. Has family leave. Great coworkers and team spirit
FAST PACED AND SOCIAL SETTINGS
HOME HEALTH NURSE (Current Employee), FRESNO, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: satisfaction that comes with helping others
Cons: no insurance benefits
OVERALL, A FUN AND EXCITING PLACE TO WORK OFFERING A VARIETY OF DIFFERENT SITUATIONS THAT HELP TO SHARPEN MY SKILLS.
Productive, enjoyable and challenging experience.
Planning and Management (ROW) (Current Employee), Dept of Transportation, Marysville, CAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: the benefit package
Cons: innovation is not as important as past production and completion.
My tenure with the State of California has been, over all, a very positive experience. When I have desired promotion, there have been several avenues to do so, and I have been successful in doing so.
productive and fun learn about animals
State Certified Lab Technician (Former Employee), Tracy, CAJanuary 15, 2015
lab tech that tested milk for dairy of Tracy. work with other dairy workers that helped maintain the health of the animals
Government Consulting
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Frightening amount of waste. Management has no time to provide information needed by subordinates.
MAINTAINING SAFETY AND SECURITY
State Peace Officer (Former Employee), Susanville, CADecember 30, 2014
Pros: this is a adrenilan job, i loved it!
Cons: dealing with dishonest staff and inmates.
I WAS SUPERVISOR OF 250 PLUS INMATES. I WAS TO MAKE SURE THEY RECEIVED ALL THERE MEALS, SHOWERS, LAUNDRY, AND CANTEEN. I MAINTAINED SAFETY AND SECURITY OF THE FACILITY, STAFF AND FREE STAFF WHILE ON MY SHIFT.
Had good, up-to-date equipment for the time.
Cabinet Maker/Installer (Former Employee), Plymouth, CADecember 21, 2014
Allowed room for creativity.
Workers had access to a wide variety of tools and materials.

1 2 3 4 5