State of Colorado Employee Reviews in United States

Great secure job & benefits... pay can't compete with private industry
Budget Analyst (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 28, 2016
Great job, pay was ok, benefits were great! State has not had funding to give raises for many of the years I worked with them, even though cost of living has continued to incline in Colorado! Work environment is great- my boss is awesome- allowing a happy work/life balance!
Pros
security, benefits, work/life balance
Cons
State has very little funding for raises- can make more money in private industry!
Culture, cohesive, Clear objectives
General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 23, 2015
What I enjoy most about the legal department of HCPF is the culture. The office vibe is very cohesive. One coworker put it as "we work well and play well together". I would have to agree. Getting the work done is easy because there is no micro- managing. The executives are very flexible and accommodating when it comes to balancing real life and work life.
Pros
No micro managing.
Cons
The actual work can be repetitive.
Rewarding, difficult and enjoyable for the right candidate.
Call Center Representative II (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 13, 2016
It was a brief experience, yet the daily challenges were very rewarding. An experience I will learn and prosper from. My supervisor was a good leader and the culture was very diverse. My Co-workers were very helpful and one of the Driver Control Supervisor's is a grade school friend I have not seen in over twenty years! The most enjoyable part of the assignment was giving the correct and accurate information and being part of a great team, although small, we worked well with one another.
Pros
Being able to throughly help each customer and giving out correct and accurate information.
Cons
Having to take a full hour for lunch. Slow computer systems.
Integrity, comraderie, professionalism totally lacking. Every line staff who has had the misfortune of working at PVYSC will reveal tha same comment.
COI (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 25, 2016
If PVYSC proved anything to me in my 13years 5 months, It proved that I could work with the most difficult, arrogant, self serving, egotistical, hateful personalities you would ever want to meet all under one roof. And that was just the supervisors.
In all fairness we did have a couple of good supporting supervisors but they would be the first to leave because they could not compete with the power control of the negative supervisors.
I do not regret the opportunity that was offered in trying to convert the troubled youth's of the new generation. I received more compliments from some of the juveniles I crossed paths with out on the street. I was amazed to think they were actually listening to me. That was my reward.
Pros
Good benifit's / pay
Cons
12 hr shifts and more because people abused their sick leave.
State of Colorado government
Commercial Vehicle Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 25, 2016
Great career opportunities. A diverse set of employees within the agencies where you can expand your knowledge in many areas of work and life.
good
Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  wrrcSeptember 19, 2015
WRRC
Provided Daily Activities for my residents to do
Provided management to insure that all employees were working under the guidelines of company policy
Documentation of all necessary turn over items that occurred during my shift
obtained and maintained all necessary working knowledge of background for the residents under my care
Performed regular checks of all vitals of residents under my care
Performed regular check of all glucose levels for the residents that were required under my care
Provided transportation for residents using company and personnel vehicles

Maintain residents ADL’s
Wrote Lesson plans for daily activities in my classroom
Provided insight for residents HNP and POC in monthly meetings
Built IP’s and IEP’s for residents in my care
It's an interesting experience that challenged me daily.
Legal Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  19th Judicial DistrictApril 16, 2016
There are so many different jobs/careers within this framework. It's seldom boring work. You have too many things going on at once; yet, you learn to handle these things and learn and grow every day from the experience. I thoroughly enjoy the type of work and the challenges it brings.
Pros
Fast-paced environment, challenging, interesting
Cons
Fast-paced, challenging constantly
I provide a service of safety for the State and the people of the state
Correctional Officer I (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 27, 2016
A typical day at work would involve monitoring and providing safety for both staff and the offender's, I learned that by providing a positive and safe environment for the offender's that this provides a good base for the offender's to use when they go back into society.
Pros
Providing Safety for the community
Cons
dangerous working environment
Work and Home balance
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Durango, COJanuary 13, 2016
Secure, safe, fun, enjoyable job. Flex time was a great benifit. Super Co-Workers, Supervisors and upper management team.
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
Workload in rural offices
Morale low here, benefits awesome
Healthcare Tech II (Lic Psych Tech II) (Current Employee) –  PuebloApril 11, 2015
There are many good things about working here, but the morale is low for lack of employees feeling appreciated. Most employees have chosen to work here because the benefits are great and because they want to help people. Our jobs are high stress and high risk for potential bodily injury from the cliental and most of us feel that management doesn't back us up.....or make us feel appreciated. Most of us are there because we want to make a difference in the lives of the patients as much as is possible. Personally, I love working with the adolescents. But the working environment created by management (lack of adequate staffing), makes for a potentially dangerous situation for staff, which increases stress among the workers, which in turn, has caused a high turn over in employees.
Better manager needed
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 28, 2016
Currently in my area better managers are needed. The people I have been working with are really good. There is a lot of good working for the State of Colorado but there is a lot not good. There are not perks that I hear my friends are getting from their employers outside of the State.
always busy
Court judicial assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 9, 2015
Very fast paced, never a dull moment. Management needs a lot of improvement. Doesn't seem to care about employees. Great benefits
very political
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 3, 2016
just let me get another job. the state is very political for employees. Is very politiuc oriented. Very political in every way/ Not employee friendly.
Not A good place to work
Parole Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 1, 2016
Upper management has no clue about what really goes on.....a lot of complaining. bllllaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Glorified assembly line
Disability Examiner II (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 2, 2015
This job is all about production. How fast can you produce the number they want and how can you make managment look good to the rest of the state agencies. It is a state job so it is stable work and if you think state benefits are good, that too.
Pros
stable job
Cons
poor morale, upper level management does not care
productive and hard working labour
Coating Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 12, 2016
The hardest part was the organization of the company. It was uncoordinated and nothing went as planned. Learned how to interact with others to build trust and a positive enviornment.
Diverse, supportive, dedicated, and great working environment.
Para Educator (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 26, 2015
A typical day is filled with diverse learning environments, busy schedules, and a-ha moments for our students. I have learned that any realistic goal that I set before students that I have a solid connection to will be achieved by them. The management and team within our department is fantastic! Collaborative, insightful, mentoring, and caring. I couldn't ask for a better work environment. The hardest part of the job is leaving it at the end of the day and not thinking up new ways to challenge and educate our students about the challenges and services they can access as adults with disabilities. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the students realize self-efficacy in a task they have been focused on.
Pros
Sense of community on the campus.
Cons
Not earning a living wage.
Great place to work!
Accountant II, Workforce Center (Former Employee) –  COMay 6, 2015
Really enjoyed my five years at the Larimer County Workforce Center. Management paid attention and cared about the staff. Wonderful coworkers and formed life long friendships. Glad I had the opportunity to work there!
Pros
Pay, benefits, coworkers, work environment
Cons
government job, few personal rewards
great job, good training, friendly place to work most of the time.
Production II (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 5, 2014
Each day seemed different. I would process incoming jobs on a Xerox 6135 machine. If the job needed additional work in bindery I would also complete that myself. I learned a lot about digital printing and bindery work. Management was okay. My second supervisor passed me up on a promotion, I thought I had deserved it. Co workers were great. The hardest part of the job was mbo folding machine, i never got the hang of that machine. Most enjoyable part of the job was my co workers.
Pros
the retirement benefits were awesome, and good pay.
Cons
i changed shifts a lot.
Educational Institution with opportunities to continue education
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 13, 2015
Busy days dealing with diverse clients and accommodating them in classroom environments. There is so much diversity in the world I never knew about until working in higher education. Higher education is very rewarding no matter what position is held because you see the success every day.

The veterans/active duty/national guard/reserves has been the best and most rewarding area of my career. I not only saw the success, but felt I could finally give back to those who have already given so much. The hardest part is seeing them move on to other schools. I have met so many wonderful people I would love to keep them here. However, I am nothing but proud to see them move on as well. Being invited to graduation at their future school has been an honor. I see them succeed here, move on to get higher degrees and then be invited to see them graduate with those degrees.
Pros
tuition assistance