State of Colorado Employee Reviews

Supplied lunches periodically
JUDICIAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 8, 2017
Good place to work. Variety of different tasks that the court functioned on. Management could be flexible. Culture young and white . Enjoyed helping the public.
Pros
worked on your own.
Cons
flexibility, no promotions
Nice start to an IT career
Network Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 28, 2017
If you need a jump start to your career this place is a good stepping stone. If you are close to retirement this is a good place. If you in the middle of your career this place would not be idea.
Pros
Cheap Medical, Dental, Vision
Cons
Laid Back, Territorial Employees and Legacy Equipment
Not a place I'd work again
assist patients (Former Employee) –  ColoradoApril 26, 2017
Not a place I'd work again it was not a stable job I don't recommend anyone to work for this company it is not place anyone wants to be that has morals, reepect, and love.
Probation Office setting working with the criminal population
Parole Tracker (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 21, 2017
This was an excellent professional skills building environment during my graduate college years working with at-risk youth. This work setting gave me valuable insight to the human services/community corrections settings while obtaining a college degree in a similar field.
Pros
Positive, supportive work environemnt
Cons
dangerous client population
A challenging an rewarding job
Veteran Service Officer-Certified (Former Employee) –  DenverApril 19, 2017
I have a large case load of veterans waiting for a BVA hearing. My job is to take each case an look at the dented claim and build it with evidence via military, medical, or personal information to back those claims.
I also would receive walk-ins looking for general State of Colorado information for veterans.
I was the Colorado National Women's Veteran Coordinator so I would preform outreach for awareness as well as attend a yearly training with other state representatives.
Yearly the State of Colorado holds a week long certification training for County Veteran Service Officers. I was part of teaching certain assigned topics.
Pros
great work hours as well as a challenging job
Cons
to much personal petty employee issues
Job security
Collections Investigator (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COApril 15, 2017
I enjoy helping people to get out of a difficult situation in their lives so they can move forward being productive and positive.

The hardest part of the job is when management is changed and adjustments are made without consideration.
Pros
I enjoy doing my job
Cons
Distance of job from home is too far, opportunities for transfers & advancement for my particular position rarely occur.
Worked for the State for 22 years
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 25, 2017
Provided opportunities for advancement and education. Each position I held provided learning opportunities and found many friends. The work is harder than most understand and the individuals work very hard.
Management is awful!
Administrative Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 20, 2017
This is not a good place to work if you're a minority. Minorities have been pushed out. There might be a few that work there but are mistreated. HR-in Denver does nothing about this. The rules that they have are to protect the organization NOT the employee.

It's an abusive work environment.
Pros
Cons
Management is awful.
Reg.my Team
NET Developer (Former Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 8, 2017
Actually my team will mainly focus on the web-page maintenance for state of Colorado,And mainly I use to work on Services and Angularjs,JavaScript,JQuery and HTML.I need to attend daily Scrum meetings and Every week we'll have Developers meeting and for every weeks We'll have Sprint planing meeting. according to that meeting we'll gather all the requirements and we'll assign to the developers and we'll follow up with the Analyst to get the requirements.
I did not like working for this company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 29, 2017
I did not like working for this company. Never got raises.
Promotions were based on a lot of favoritism and not skills or education.
Some of the people would sell their home made goods on company time (tax payers dollars)
Management would spend company time (tax payers dollars) doing their hair and make up, selling things like Avon, Girl Scout Cookies, fund raisers for children's schools. Work on home work, play video game and make a lot of personal phone calls. Some employees were even aloud to store personal items on site.
Pros
Set schedule Mon - Fri 8 to 5
Cons
Everything else
Contractor Opinion
UAT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 27, 2016
OK place to work as a contractor as long as you keep your ambition in check. You're there to do your job and going above and beyond the call of duty isn't appreciated by contract personnel.
Pros
Good team environment.
Cons
Rather not say.
A challenging, but exciting place to work.
Security 1 (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CODecember 17, 2016
I was able to take time off as needed to help my family with medical emergencies and was able to use FML to do so. The benefits were amazing as far as medical, 401 K, Dental and Vision. There was not much room to advance in my position, but always had the opportunity to advance my education. Management was very supportive and understanding. The culture was diverse.
Pros
Meeting and getting to know students and staff.
Cons
Always got interrupted during breaks and lunch.
Would not recommend
Auditor for the Department of Human Services (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 10, 2016
Bullying, hostile working environment. Target employees one at a time. Highest turn over I have ever seen. Advertise jobs for the wrong job functions to pay much less. Management is not transparent.
To see advancement
In Home Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 21, 2016
I helped a man of 37 years of age learn to walk without a leg, this was a very rewarding job. From the surgery through the pain to walking with his prosthetic.
Pros
Appreciated
Cons
Watching struggle and pain.
Typical day at Force Protection
Training Instructor (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CONovember 17, 2016
Everyday was varied. Mostly without incident, which in the security profession is a good day! Other days we would respond to possible threats or an elevated threat level. Many days we would train, mostly within our team but often with other agencies.

I really enjoyed our esprit de corp and being a team instructor.
Pros
Great team environment
Cons
Very difficult to become promoted
Consulting State Medicaid Patients
Pharmacy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 15, 2016
The job involved visiting or calling patients and going over with them their medications. Many patients did not want to talk with you as they were afraid you were trying to take away their benefits or medications
Pros
Helping educate people on their medications
Cons
lots of paperwork
n/a
Print Shop & Mail Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 13, 2016
n/a At this time I prefer not to add a review. Not for any specific reason. It was a decent place of employment. That is about all.
It;s a good place to live but not like home
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Florence, COOctober 29, 2016
It's a good place to and work, not to cold, which is good you just have to get use to living there,its a good view of the mountians the wild animals you have to watch out for and it's a fun place to live
Low moral
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 12, 2016
My days spent at the State of Colorado were mind numbingly boring. I dealt with the same problems everyday and constantly repeated the same information to customers. As employees, our ideas for change were never considered, raises were never given and we were treated like we did not matter. Moral was low and managers and directors did not seem to care.
Pros
Consistent pay and good health benefits
Cons
Same problems, no raises, little felxibility
Hard work and good experience.
Teacher/ Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 16, 2016
i enjoyed the experience of teaching so many different people for other cultures it really showed me my potential for being a leader and helping other obtain their goals and showing them other cognitive ways of learning
Pros
lots of good skills being taught
Cons
management was lax

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State of Colorado. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval