State of Connecticut Judicial Branch Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work and great benefits
Adult Probation Officer I (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CT 06040May 14, 2016
unfortunately due to budget deficit the state has to layoff workers. this job is so rewarding when you put you are devoted and passionate about helping people and protecting the community.
Pros
work independently and provide a number of services for the court and clients
Cons
fast pace and caseload can become overwhemling
Excellent place to work with top benefits.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, ConnecticutMay 2, 2016
Supervised staff of three.

Did multitude of assorted office tasks including extensive computer
reports.

Enjoyed the problem solving aspect of the job and the relationship with management and staff.

There was really no part of the job I did not like.
Pros
Excellent management.
Cons
Long commute
Fun, easy going job, but very corrupt management.
Computer Systems/Network Support Technician (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTFebruary 23, 2016
A typical day at work would be a quarter of the employee's showing up late, with no accountability, as long as you are in your seat you are doing good.
My manager is awesome and i would not be there if it was not for him, as for all the other managers and directors, they are very corrupt and never hold anyone accountable for their actions. They get away with whatever they want, and its a "do as i say not as i do" type of environment.
Pros
Free coffee, good health benefits.
Cons
Terrible accountability for its employees work, and also depending on your manager it may be very hard to ascend in your position
I loved my job as a court reporter. I found the work interesting and exciting. Day to day it was different and challenging.
Court Reporter (Former Employee) –  Hartford County Superior CourtsOctober 7, 2015
Interesting and exciting environment. I enjoyed my co workers. Different every day. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting different people and working side by side to get our work done and out on time.
Pros
Environment
Cons
salary
Great Tenure
Assistant Jury Administrator (Current Employee) –  Connecticut/ConnecticutJuly 27, 2015
Great opportunities to advance and to learn a myriad of skills within departments. Abilty to work in different operational units.
Pros
Great educational resources
Administrative Assistant for the Office of Adult Probation
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 17, 2013
This position launched my Court career and encouraged my interest in community-based corrections.
Everybody need second chance.
Volunteer Probation (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTAugust 8, 2013
Be an effective leader and mentor with strong negotiation skills that assist adults and juvenile defendants in obtaining a second chance from the system.
Great Work Environment and excellent benefits
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 17, 2013
Adult Probation is a great career field in which you can grow. Co-Workers are extremely friendly and make you feel comfortable.
excellent experience
TEMPORARY ASSISTANT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTDecember 25, 2012
Fantastic introduction to the inner workings of the court system.
Lots of hard work, case management and people skills needed!
Chief Probation Officer I (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 6, 2012
As a probation officer you are responsible for monitoring clients conduct in the community. The probationers are required to visit you and at times you are required to conduct home visits. As an Officer you conduct intakes, assessments and make referrals to programs that will assist the client. It is enjoyable to be able to find the right program for the client and see the client improve their behaviors. It is difficult when the client is unable to remain substance abuse free and revert back to negative behaviors.
Pros
excellent benefits and retirement package, on-going excellent training
Cons
fast past, high level of accountability, field work is somewhat dangerous

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State of Connecticut Judicial Branch. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5