State of Florida Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Health Inspector (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 14, 2017
The state is a great entity to work, employees have a great attitude and the management is always spot on as you would expect from a government job. Everything is good but the pay is a little low.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low pay
Fun place to work
GROUNDS MAINTANCE & HANDYMAN (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLMay 12, 2017
This is a fun place to work it is fast place to work and you got to be on top of the things they ask for they will help you an are about family they helped me with a lot an helped me along the way
spent a 28 year career with state gov
OPERATING AND CAPITAL OUTLAY ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 10, 2017
Excellent career. Now needs more experienced people.

I would suggest rebuilding the historical knowledge base again.

This ensures continuity and correct deliverables to the Legislative body and it's staff
Pros
good career opportunity
Cons
loss of experienced people
Good career move
Corrections Officer (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLMay 2, 2017
Good career to get in early to retire at a reasonable age. Great benefits with the ability to move up. Plenty of overtime to increase your annual salary.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Stressful environment
Good place to work for the most part
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 26, 2017
I enjoyed working with the contractors and talking to them on the phone and being able to get their licenses through the state so they can work in their trade.
good
SENIOR LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLApril 24, 2017
Enjoyed the work environment and daily challenge of working with numerous patients with varied conditions. Enjoyed filling out forms for medicines and other forms.
good
Cons
long commute
productive, caring,
Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulane, FLApril 22, 2017
I enjoyed working for them, I got to meet very wonderful children in the foster care system to seek permepantence, I enjoyed speaking for the children in the court system
Pros
wonderful company
Cons
no breaks
A very demanding job
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perry, FLApril 18, 2017
Worked with large number of people on a daily basis with demanding request. Had to review many cases and rewrite many motions to follow up on court cases.
Pros
Learned alot
Cons
To large of a work load for 1 person
Good
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marianna, FLApril 6, 2017
Responsible for the safety and security of 400 residents with intellectual and developmental disabilities, severe and challenging behavior, intensive medical needs and forensic histories.
Pros
ok
Cons
ok
protective investigator
Child Protective Investigator (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLApril 5, 2017
I have been working at State of Florida full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Weekdays, slow-pace, holidays off, flexible, some overtime

Cons

No PTO, no skills, slow-pace, 5-6 working days, low pay
it is a great place to work
Office of the State Attorney (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 26, 2017
everyone is kind and smart. They have tons of patience. There is a lot of room to move up. There are tons of benefits. There are lots to chose from. Love working there
Exceptional training program/Supervisors encourage success and advancement
ESSI Trainee (Former Employee) –  Largo, FL 33778March 17, 2017
I enjoyed working with everyone. My supervisors encouraged me by allowing me to cross train in other areas in order to be better prepared for advancement when the opportunities were available to do so. My coworkers were always willing to help with my training process.
Pros
Good benefits
awsome
Driver's License Examiner (Current Employee) –  Broward County, FLMarch 8, 2017
this is great place, work from 8 to 5 process and take people out on driving test, management is good, work place culture is wonderful most enjoyable is road test
Pros
free weekend
Cons
no raise
Stressful workplace, hazardous to your health
Economic Self Sufficiency Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 7, 2017
I enjoyed my job and position until new management came in,, They didnt care about moral, only numbers you could be on your death bed and they denied DR appts, etc I swear I dont miss that place..my stress level hasr gone down my health is improving I t hank god daily Im no longer there Jacksonville Call Center
Pros
Cons
denied days off, bashing employees
Office staff was awesome
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLFebruary 8, 2017
I worked with environmental health for 13 months, it was the best place i have worked. There was never any conflict and everyone worked as a team. The work load was never more than you could handle. You got to get out of the office at least three to four days a week.
Pros
Management was very knowledgeable.
Cons
Pay could have been a little better.
Child Protective Investigator (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLFebruary 6, 2017
I love working there. It's been a great environment to grow with my career. I love the staff and management. I truly enjoy working here. a great places
Not What you think it is!
ESSS 1 (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 1, 2017
DCF has a great reputation, but the actual job as an ESSS 1, is not what they tell you. It is alot of work that is unmanageable and if you are not a fast worker you will not have a piece of mind. You are given cases and you must complete a certain amount of work per day, the work requirement/ goals is not manageable. Its definitely not about helping families, its about getting the work done. You don't have time to be compassionate because you are responsible for so many tasks, its not about quality its quantity and that is stressful. Good luck to all who decide to apply, read the fine print. You get to work from home but if your work load is not complete you will end up back in the office.
Pros
State Benefits are amazing!
Cons
The workload is unmanageable!
Great place with very caring people
HUMAN SERVICES PROGRAM SPECIALIST/COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 25, 2017
An opportunity to learn so much especially from talented coworkers. Leadership encouraged creativity. A fun place to work and the opportunity to meet other healthcare professionals in an 8 county area.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
low wages
Independently Contracted
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 21, 2017
I am independently licensed by State of FL to sell life insurance so I get out of my Life Insurance contracts what I put into them. I am satisfied with my licensing requirements.
Pros
I set my own schedule
Cons
None really
Pay was low
Corporal for Dept of Juvenile Justice (Former Employee) –  Naples FloridaJanuary 20, 2017
When working for the state (Which I have now done twice) they will never give a raise unless you get a promotion. One person was there for 11 1/2 years and never got a raise.
Pros
For the most part I was respected by all
Cons
Breaking up fights betwenn detainees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State of Florida. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval