State of Illinois

State of Illinois Employer Reviews

Dedicated, educated staff who love life, food and children of all ages.
Teacher/Instructor (Current Employee), Alton Community Unit School District #11April 3, 2014
The biggest and best industry in the area. The teachers are hard-working and conscientious. The administrators seem to do their best with the resources they have.
low Paying work
Maintanice (Former Employee), Dixon, ILMarch 9, 2014
Pros: the knowledge i gained
Cons: low wages
I was able to walk away with skills in this field,including the up keep and preventive maintanice of buildings
Diverse places of employment
Personal Assistant-Part Time Employment (Current Employee), DeKalb, ILFebruary 17, 2014
I learned how to practice patience. Was able to utilize my ability to multitask.
babysitting
Child Care Worker (Former Employee), cairoFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: from home work
Cons: one location
babysitting is easy if the parents have control of their kids
State work with professional staff
Executive Ethics Commission (Former Employee), Springfield, ILFebruary 4, 2014
• Conducted research and reviewed drafts of all sensitive documents
• Created, implemented and monitored compliance standards based on State contracting procedures
• Supported and participated in contract negotiations
• Evaluated contracts to determine extension of agreements and concurrence to contractual obligations
• Generated weekly reports for – more... senior management and procurement review – less
Excellent Place to Work with Great Benefits
Wide Area Network Support Engineer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: 3 day weekends every other weekend
Cons: 12 hour shifts including night shift, rotating with day shift every 4 months.
I work with a great team for the State of Illinois NOC. Most importantly, we all work well together and have great managers that recognize hard work. It's a flexible environment that fosters growth and a relaxing fun environment. Though very challenging and detailed, the work always feels rewarding.
Secure job with minimal advancement opportunities
Acting Hiring/Transactions Manager, HR Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits, stable work hours
Cons: no challenges
I was not challenged enough. I am looking for a job where I can achieve my potential.
Productive, diverse and fun place to work.
Certified Small Arms Marksmanship Instructor (Former Employee), Great Lakes, ILJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: dependents had healthcare and dental care
Cons: family life was short
I worked with people who just joined the Navy. I helped them get acclimated to military life, physically fit and ready for the fleet. I was also a small arms instructor. I managed eighty-eight recruits on their daily schedule. The hardest part of the job was being away from my family. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the transformation – more... of the recruits. – less
Great to help people who cant help themselves.
Care Provider (Former Employee), Chicago, IllinoisNovember 20, 2013
great place to work. timely pay. too many questions but overall a job u can be proud of doing. This is all I have to say. Thank you.
Able to provide at home care for clients.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2013
Cook breakfast.bathe client,monitor daily glucose readings.
Fast-paced stressful atmosphere
Public Service Representateie (Former Employee), Rockford ILOctober 22, 2013
Pros: very good benefits
Cons: not receiving training before being "thrown to the wolves"
I would come in and ask what I was supposed to do that day.
The office was too busy to train me so they had me selling renewal stickers and taking pictures. They were not happy when I was not fast enough processing applications.
I learned about documents required to get a license.
I learned how to look up a renewal with just a license plate number.
Management – more... was never on the same page. The manager would tell me to do one thing and the assistant manager would tell me to do something else.
All my co-workers were nice.
The hardest part of my job was not being trained .
The best part of the job was the salary and the benefits. – less
State of Illinois
Senior Parole Agent (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2013
Pros: great pay and community involvement
Cons: not many cons, just some safety conditions needed to be addressed, being more poractive
Being employed as an agent was a fulfilling experience this was a childhood dream achieved, working for the state I received full medical, dental and life insurance. Job security was a plus I was employed for 27 years. It was a pleasure to work in an environment involving public safety since I worked in the community where I lived was it was perfect. – more... I got along well with my co-workers and all of my supervisors. Since everyone knew my standards and work ethic if anything was said negative about about me it was dismissed. The hardest aspect that I had to deal with was everyday I knew my life was in danger because of the nature of my job, I just had to trust in God and that my fellow agents had my back....on the other hand it was a GREAT FEELING to watch a parolee turn their lives around and become a viable part of the community. – less
Very friendly and family oriented environment.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 4, 2013
Pros: learning how to handle stressful situations.
Cons: long hours.
I learned a lot about people and life in general. I learned to never take any person, place, or thing for granted. Illinois is a melting pot of different people with different personalities.
Good place to work overall
Data Processing Technician (Former Employee), chicago ILOctober 1, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: layoffs, incompetent people cannot be fired
It's great for a potential career, unless they are laying people off. Union was not helpful in that regard, as a matter of fact Union rules specified that it was I who got laid off.
summer worker
Student Worker (Former Employee), Springfield, ILSeptember 6, 2013
I loved this job and would work for the state again in the future at anytime.
State of Illinois Department of Revenue
Executive Secretary (Former Employee), Springfield, ILAugust 31, 2013
Worked under the Chief of Internal Affairs for the Illinois Department of Revenue. All duties and daily assignments confidential.
Excellent pay and benefits
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield, ILAugust 31, 2013
I have enjoyed working for the State of Illinois. I enjoy counseling applicants on the employment process with the State of Illinois. It makes it all worth while when I receive praise and "thank you's" from applicants who state I have helped them and been very kind while doing it. This is the hardest part of my job but very rewarding.
Management and Company just wanted to make money
Personal Child care provider. (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no benefits
I did respite work ,I learned that if your heart wasn't in this line of work,then it would be best not to go into to this field,Management for them it was all about the money not the clients .I worked with 2 vets so I was in a great place we cared,The hardest part of the job for me was to see my clients in pain.Most enjoyable moments to see their faces – more... when they learned some thing new of when they were happy. – less
not bad
Babysitting (Former Employee), illinoisAugust 11, 2013
i enjoyed watching kids so this wasn't much of an issue. you dont get paid much but you do get to have a life.
Working Private Duty
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Bellwood, ILJuly 30, 2013
Pros: getting to know the older generation
Cons: the feeling i feel when they pass on
I love working with the elderly for the State of Illinois because it keeps me in touch with the elderly and it gives me great satisfaction to help take care of those who really need it.

1 2 3