State of Illinois

State of Illinois Employer Reviews

Great
Public Contractor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 30, 2014
Great. Perfect place to work. I really enjoyed working here. It was a great start to my professional life.
Regimented cubicle work
Revenue Tax Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield, ILSeptember 29, 2014
The position with Illinois Department of Revenue is very regimented and monitored. Specialized training keeps you continually repeating the same tasks over and over again.
Very professional workplace, I picked up on some good habits while there.
Intern (Former Employee), Springfield, ILSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: good location, learned a bunch while i was there.
Cons: i couldn't do much to help constituents due to me being a student intern.
I would start by getting the mail every morning and distributing it to my fellow office workers. Then I would be on the phones for an hour or so listening and helping with constituents that would call with problems. If anyone in the office needed help with anything I was always available to help. This is probably where I learned how to really organize – more... my time while working. The management was very distant, I had most of my orders from the second in command. My co-workers were very professional and helped me develop my time-management skills. The hardest part of the job was not being able to help someone who called due to lack of authority. The most enjoyable part was being able to communicate with other people and experiencing their problems first-hand and then ultimately fixing their problems. – less
Alot sitting and watching over people
Armed Guard/Private Investigator (Former Employee), RockfordSeptember 26, 2014
Worked at bars and special events that had to do with adults drinking alcohol.
Productive and great work environment
Office Associate II (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2014
Adminisrative skills required; entering decisions into computer for the Board of Review, answering diverse questions for claimant, employers and supporting attorneys. Others strengths consists of IDVR recording of hearings, and scanning of appeals.

Position required teamwork with co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job was giving support to claimant, – more... and employers when needed.

The hardest part was filling in the blank when someone left of important information relating to claimant's appeal. – less
Room for growth
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: convient location and friendly coworkers and patrons
Cons: not enough hours for work
Always informative.The guest and coworkers always made it a wonderful and happy enviroment.
I never got to meet the people inthe office
Personal Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2014
Positive meeting new people no perks I don't know what more to tell you I worked in the client home I only went into the office to take my time sheet in.
Productive and good place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: time constraints
Typical day of work assisting clients. Learned how to work the various systems required to complete job. Management was very helpful as well as the co workers. The hardest part of the job understanding some of the foreigner customers. The most enjoyable part of the job getting to work and assist a diverse set of people.
Continual learning situations
Assistant Director of Nursing (Former Employee), Park Forest, ILAugust 28, 2014
Pros: new experiences.
Cons: staffing
The Compensations and Benefits are good. The most enjoyable part of the job was working and making a difference in mentally challenged patient lives.

I learned in management, you cannot copy another manager. Everyone is unique and you have to be patient and respect every situation as it occurs.
An interesting job, but pay is lacking
Illinois Assessing Officer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ILJuly 14, 2014
Pros: lots of paid holidays, good hours, cell phone discount
Cons: no pay!!
I took this job at the last minute due to being laid off and needing something reputable. I enjoyed working due to the fact that I had great coworkers and ample time off. The pay was embarrassing though. Even if I were to work 30 straight years there I would have never seen $35,000 per year.
Fair and equitable employer
Personal Assistant/Caregiver/Homemaker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2014
I found the state of Illinois to be fair and equitable in its treatment of its employees and it labor practices.
forklift and pallet opperating
cook (Former Employee), Vienna, ILJuly 8, 2014
Pros: free training
Cons: short breaks
Warehouse work material handler/controler, move all finshed product to lines or to shipping and reciving. scan all product and place all product to warehouse and rescan to excaet spot.
great overtime opportunities
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), Park Forest, ILJuly 6, 2014
- if you like to help people that is the place to work
- if you get satisfaction from teaching special needs folks, this is a good place to do it
Unique Workplace - Great Customer (
Personal Assistant for Linda Ambrose (deceased) (Former Employee), RockfordJuly 3, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, nearby
Cons: lacking most benefits, forced union dues
Fist off this was a very rewarding job. It required a vast array of skills. I was employed by the State of Illinois as a Personal Assistant for my mother who passed away in November of last year.

A typical day a at work was usually enjoyable. I would start off the day by getting her out of bed. Get her dressed and cleaned up for the day. I would then – more... administer medications and tend to her bandages. She was in a wheelchair and I would push her everywhere she needed to go. I did all the cooking and cleaning. I would take her to all of her appointments. I also tended to her finances and helped her negotiate payments for all of her medical bills.My job was to do the things that she could not. Once she was comfortable and chores complete, I would leave for my other job. I would return later to put her to bed.

I learned quite a bit over the decade working for her. I learned that taking care of some one is difficult at times. I learned how to help the disabled overcome fear that is associated with loneliness.

I would say the hardest part of the job was watching my mother struggle with tasks and situations that most take for granted.

The biggest reward for me was learning how to be compassionate, patient, and to be thankful. – less
Productive enviroment.
Laborer (Former Employee), Vandalia, ILJune 19, 2014
Pros: all you could eat
Cons: keep my mind occupied
proper preparation of assisting the cooks, keeping kitchen area clean and sanitized at all times. I've learned that safety comes first and foremost. Individuals that I worked with could be very uncomfortable to work with at times, but it I learned to get alone only for the sake of my job. There was no hardest part of my job at all.
Flex Java consultant
Sr Flex and Java, J2EE consultant (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJune 18, 2014
Flex Java consultant in State Of Illionis.
Child care management project.
Horrible
SPSA/ Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, ILMay 20, 2014
Pros: health insurance
Cons: everything else
The management doesn't know what they are doing. They are political hires for the most part
Productive fun work place
Human Services Caseworker, Food Stamps Unit (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 19, 2014
Fast past work environment with a fun atmosphere, fun conversation and worly conversation.
Taxing and time comsuming but emotionally satisfying
Personal Asistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 17, 2014
My day was taxing and time consuming as I cared for my elderly brother who was bedridden. I had no co-workers and the hardest part of the job was being limited as to time spent outside the home. The most enjoyable part was the emotional satisfaction of taking care of my big brother who I love.
Learned new cultures, lots of advancement.
Quality Assurance/Supervisor & Shift Manger (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 8, 2014
it has happened that I had to work 16 hours as a supervisor to cover general manager's wife giving birth and no coverage was available.
Co-workers were fun and I learned a lot as well as taught others procedures to perform well at work.

1 2 3 4