State of Indiana

State of Indiana Employee Reviews

to work with inmates
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Madison, INMay 11, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: overtime
I worked with inmates to get them used to living with other inmates in close quarters. The overtime and leadership was really bad and need to hire people that would work.
Knowledge of governmental decision making
Recording Secretary (Current Employee), Hobart Township Trustees office, Hobart, IndianaApril 28, 2015
Pros: Easy to learn
Cons: Not consistant
This position is only necessary on an average of a few hours a month. I am only needed when a board meeting takes place. I listen and watch the meetings and record the minutes the entire meeting. I also give feedback on the financial situation of the township when appropriate. I adhere to all of the government regulations and standards and ensure deadlines are met with board members and state board of accounts. The most enjoyable part of this job is to learn how elected officials administer their decision making.
Good benefits
Program Director/Executive Assistant (Former Employee), IndianapolisApril 16, 2015
Good coworkers. Good benefits and lots of jobs to move up the ladder. Management was always friendly and easy to work with.
Intermittent
Claims Deputy 5 (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 9, 2015
Pros: Was a state job and not contract work
Cons: Intermittent and never lead to full-time permenant
Was intermittent work. Constantly new work schedule and hours. Couldn't get benefits or paid time off. Applied for full time but never hired.
good job but supervisors that were not willing to help
BMVC Call Center (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 29, 2015
Pros: hour lunches, benefits
Cons: short breaks, supervisors not willing to help you with questions
A lot of the time if you went to a supervisor that was floor support for a question they would have there signs up saying they were not available so that they did not have to help you but all they were doing was playing on their phones and you were not supposed to be on your personal phones while being at your desk. That was company policy.
Will sacrifice a worker to avoid having a disgruntled client to to media.
Clerical Assistant to Division Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 26, 2015
Pros: had opportunity to work with co workers who liked helping people
Cons: stressful to see management (state) putting more and more work on FCMs
Very stressful with emphasis on always catering to public to avoid media negativity. Top administration will sacrifice workers to save themselves. Do not appreciate hard workers and promote according to friendships. Fellow employees are wonderful people who are overly stressed due to work overload. New hires are not given a true picture of what they are getting into and half of new hires quit when they get into it. The state is a very deceitful employer.
My summary
License Clerk (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INMarch 10, 2015
I processed titles, gave drives licenses out and process test for CDL drivers, bus drives etc. High pace job. And very busy from the time we clock in until the time we leave I love job that are fasted pace it makes the day go much faster.
social services privatized
State Eligibility Consultant (SEC) (Former Employee), Hammond, INMarch 8, 2015
Pros: gives the opportunity to help people
Cons: unrealistic job requirement
Not good to make this kind of work impersonal. Wasn't allowed to take the time and do you job right. Not enough time allotted to process cases and get all of job duties done.
Communications Section with IDEM
Information Director (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 12, 2015
Created and managed multi-media, digital content and information for agency including publications, video, social media and web based applications consistent with CMS. Managed and advocated marketing plans, and outreach events. Increased stakeholder capacity while maintaining operational communications plan under fiscal guidelines and time schedules.
Long Term Employment
Family Case Manger (Former Employee), Winamac, INJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: some mgt. issues with departments
High Turn over rates with long hours. Multiple counties and not all follow same procedures.
work day
Telecommunications Analyst Supervisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: freedom
Cons: low pay
Design, redesign, write RFP's, supervise projects, test and implement, provide maintenance and repair. Designed a state wide WAN and RF network for the DOC. I worked with many different departments within the state.
Designed telecommunications network for Westfield Correctional, also RFP'd for telephone switches for DOC.
Productive and fun workplace where I can help people.
Secretary 3 (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 29, 2014
My working day involves working for about 7-8 Attorneys (with one being disabled) with administrative/clerical work. I assist one attorney with getting out her medicine daily, setting up her cell phones, getting her things placed on her desk, etc. I learned that helping people will pay off in the end. Our management staff is alright. My co-workers are great and fun to work with. The hardest part of my job is having to deal with management not wanting to pay you for what you're worth. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to communicate with a lot of people.
Quiet Setting
Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 17, 2014
Pros: paid lunch hour, knowledgable staff
Cons: long walk from garage to office
For such a large office, the environment is very low-key.
There is in depth use of PeopleSoft, which has provided me with a solid foundation to move forward in Human Resources.
The hours are nice at 8am-4:30pm, so there is a decent work/life balance.
LINE OF DUTY COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 10, 2014
Pros: grateful people
Cons: stressful
Very busy taking care of Soldiers
The hardest part of the job was not being able to do enough.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having a soldier and their family say thank you.
Welcome to the Political Jungle
Family Case Manager Supervisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, IndianaNovember 25, 2014
Pros: benefits, competitive pay, advancement opportunities
Cons: politics with upper management, lack of support, never-ending work day, unwritten expectations
Prepare to work in an environment where "who" you know or are related to is much more important than "what" you know including the ability to do the job. There are a lot of agendas and constant rule changes from what is policy versus what is actually practiced and expected. Management is a joke. You have people with less experience being promoted but asking veterans all of the "how to" questions. The hardest part of the job is the expectation that you want to work on your off days without compensation. The most enjoyable part of the job is the atmostphere you create for yourself and genuinely loving what you do enough to make opportunities for families you work with through contacts.
Loved my job but it was reorganized and outsourced
Clerical assistant IV (Former Employee), Scottsburg, INOctober 30, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: rigid regulations
I worked for the Division of Family and Children. I liked helping people and seeing how my job would help the caseworkers and the clients find success and self sufficiency if that is what they desired. I learned how to deal with difficult clients at times. Management was strict and the policies had to be followed to the letter. I enjoyed working on the computer system the most. I would answer the telephone, enter medical expenses and help clients complete applications along with making appointments.
I loved the atmosphere and the people.
Brookville Lake Gate Attendant (Former Employee), Brookville, INOctober 29, 2014
I absolutely loved my job but there is no way someone could survive off the pay scale.
Secretary 3 (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 22, 2014
I enjoy my job and my co-workers. I work for eight (8) Attorney's on a daily basis. I work for Attorney's who deal with Medicaid, Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities, Aging and much more. I prepare letters for the Administrative Law Judges to sign, letters for pre-hearing and other letters on a daily basis. I do customer service work, relieve the Administrative Assistant every other week for lunch, greet individuals who may come in the office for questions or appointments. Other duties that may be assigned.
Terrible management from the top
Family Case Manager Supervisor (Current Employee), IndianaOctober 15, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: everything else
An agency becomes what its top management emulates. Some of the people in the upper ranks are very bad human beings.
great place to work flexable
liaison (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 10, 2014
Pros: hr lunch good benefits
• Per evaluation I have consistently exceeded all expectations regarding performance and ability.
• Currently I am the only State Eligibility Consultant in our area that creates, conducts and completes training with co-workers and the Eligibility Specialists.
• I have assisted in creating specialized groups in order to serve the clients in Marion County more effectively and have been recognized for this by my superiors.

1 2 3 4