State of Louisiana Employee Reviews

Great Management and Coworkers
State Procurement Officer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 31, 2017
Everyone I worked with were great. 7:30-4 each day. Great management team. Very laid back environment. Friendly staff. Updated computer equipment. Cafeteria on premisise.
very poor work enviornment
Correctional Officer Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 24, 2017
From the inmates quality of life to the working conditions, this was a very poor place to work. From the inmates treatment to my fellow Correction officers overall lack of caring to managements indifference.
Pros
Cons
to many to mention
great
Child Care Provider/Nanny (Former Employee) –  Arnaudville, LAOctober 23, 2017
loved working with the families and getting to know them on a personal level. working with the kids and seeing how they are growing and improving in their everyday life just warms my heart
Enjoyed my job
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 13, 2017
At the State, I created the Quality Improvement tracking database. I enjoyed my job. We used an access system and worked with several other departments in order to execute the new program.
Stressful and loud plumbing foreman
Plumber (Former Employee) –  LsuhscOctober 8, 2017
Terrible place to work plumbing foreman is a very bad person does not know plumbing code installs material prohibited by code when it is pointed out says code book is wrong hangars pipe with electrical wire and thinks nothing of it, he is racist and really hounds his black employees and is supported by the facilities manager.
Pros
Cons
Racist plumbing foreman and it is accepted.
Worse Career Move Possible
Attorney (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 3, 2017
Total dead end and beyond an inefficient and ineffective bureaucracy. Lack of advancement with nothing but borderline incompetent people manipulating politically.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
NO value for Experience
Relaxed
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 23, 2017
Overall the state is behind the times on technology, but trying to catch up. So some processes could move along fast if tech was implemented. Management was good people
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
glass cieling still exists
Great benefits, but also a stressful environment at times.
Social Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 14, 2017
I was fortunate enough to have a great supervisor that was a great advocate for her team. The hardest part about the job was getting the full understanding of policy that constantly changes and keeping up with the caseload that is given.
La Medicaid Departnemt productive agency
WAE State Worker - Work from Home (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LASeptember 12, 2017
Very busy but helped a lot of people. Certified for Lace Chip, Long Term Care ., Pregnant Eomen, added all employees to systems.Learned a lot about computers and policy. 30 minute lunch and 2 15 minute breaks am and pm. Supervisors were helpful for the most part of my career.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay
do not wish to answer
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 24, 2017
I really enjoyed my time there and really had nothing bad to say about them. The pay was good and I worked with really good people. I wish I still worked there.
Good People
Administrative Coordinator (HR Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 23, 2017
During my employment the state was finally transitioning from paper files to a computer data base/electronic file library. This was in 2011-2013 so it took them that long to catch up but it was pretty laid back.
Work Experience
Social Services Analyst I/II (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 23, 2017
I am currently in my training period, although I have noticed a super large case load for employees with low pay. Coworkers are very helpful and friendly atmosphere.
Pros
Schedules
Cons
Short breaks
nice just state closed them down
Correctional Officer Sergeant (Former Employee) –  DeQuincy, LAAugust 19, 2017
nice work enviroment felt like a family. everyone seem to get along. but there is always issues when u have people with their own personal enter demons.
horrible place to work
Social Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LA 71103August 15, 2017
this is a horrible department to work in. The supervisors and seasoned workers are rude and nasty to new workers and clients. the administrators and the supervisors are clickish and cover up the wrong doings of the workers they like as well as themselves and each other. this is an emotionally and mentally draining place to work.
Pros
Cons
everything about this department is disgusting
benefits are okay if you can afford to pay for them
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 15, 2017
some of the state departments are great to work for and there are others that need a tremendous re-evaluation of the management overseeing the department from the administrators all the way down to the supervisors then some of the senior or seasoned staff members need to be re- evaluated also, these people are the reason why the turnovers are so high in some departments and new employees don't consider staying
benefits
Cons
not enough pay raises
Productive and overwhelming
Counselor Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 11, 2017
Nice place to work, very busy. Employees are friendly. Clients were very happy to get assistance. Would still be there if not for uprooting from Hurricane Katrina.
harsh enviroment
Administrative Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Morgan City, LAAugust 10, 2017
Company could be better if some change were made in the administration of staff. No clear of defined policies enforced, consistent changes in staff causing hostile working environment and staff conflict issues.
excellent advancement opp
Compliance Examiner (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAAugust 8, 2017
Manager was great. State pays for your continuing education, so you are always on the tract for promotion/raise. Only con was the out of state travel required.
Hard work but rewarding
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 1, 2017
Worked with behavioral health patients. It was a positive enviroment to work in. Staff all worked together to meet the needs of our patients. Getting their medication,answering the phone, applying for ssi etc.
Pros
Great leadership
Former Employee
Administrative Coordinator/Medicaid Analyst (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJuly 30, 2017
There are good and bad experiences with working here. Sometimes it seems like a who you know type of place. Pay is decent and there is room for advancement.