State of Louisiana

State of Louisiana Employer Reviews

Productive place to work, learned how the state of our operates.
Accountant Manager (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 3, 2014
Pros: benefits, and the ability to promote within the state to different agencies without a break in service.
My job in Reimbursement and Department of Administration gave me the over site of the budgets and the distributions of funds set aside to care for the sick and mentally ill patients of our state. At the end of the work day, I had a feeling of helping those less fortunate.
District sign specialist 1
District Sign Specialist 1 (Former Employee), LafayetteNovember 13, 2014
Pros: you meet some great people.
Cons: too many
At first it appears to be a good job with good pay and good benefits. It is not thought oh you have to be there two years before you can even become permanent worker. The boss Prentice Guilbeaux is just about his friend that works there and will lie straight to your face. You'll never make maximum pay even if you're there for 30 years if you can even get halfway to the maximum payment in 30 years. You will make a little over 600 dollars in two weeks. Which is s**t pay. They expect you to be there whenever they call 24/7 even if you have kids and no one to watch them. My advice for anyone wanting to work in the Lafayette sign shop is not to go because you will not be treated fairly and you will not be able to advance in your career.
audit / fiscal monitoring
Auditor 3 (Former Employee), Shreveport, LANovember 12, 2014
I performed fiscal monitoring of contractors that worked with OBH to ensure that requirements of the contract were being delivered and that the contractor was fiscally responsible.
Great interaction with differnent people in various coprorate settings and travel to otther states.
Auditor III (Former Employee), Dallas, TX and Lake Charles, LAOctober 31, 2014
Pros: job security, great tools to do my work, ever changing location of work place
Cons: salary not counted in social security
Arrive at work station, which may be in another city or state depending on where audit documents were kept. Read e-mail. Began reviewing the documents requested of the auditee, making notes and copies of relevant documents for file. At the completion of the review of all documents write up a formulated report of audit findings. Issue request for more detailed documents or clarity of information provided. Requested Supervisor support if issues could not be resolved or request legitimacy questioned with audit contact. Weekly report to supervisor and the company audited about progression of audit. Record information or copy document for compilation of file. The hardest part of the job was the stigma of word "auditor". This automatically put company on the defensive. The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling and the interaction with different people.
Friendly atmosphere
Social Service Analyst (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: quaterly office parties
Cons: short lunch breaks
I have to either interview clients or complete their certification application. There is new policy just about every day or notification of errors workers have made. Management staff try to keep the workers informed of error, changes in policy or additional tasks workers have to complete. My co-workers work as a time we share information and revised forms to help each other stay up to date and in compliancy with policy. The hardest part of my job is navigating through policy to make sure I am in compliance. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that have complete each case in a timely manner and everyone is satisfied.
Overworked, low pay and terrible benefits
Medicaid Analyst II (Current Employee), Natchitoches, LAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: lots of vacation and sick time
Cons: low wages, no dental or vision and high premiums for health insurance
Great co-workers, but poor management and lawmakers in Baton Rouge.
Job not difficult
Staff LPN (Former Employee), AngolaSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: good pay and hours
Cons: management
Job and pay were fine. Watch out for managers. Very sneaky and play favorites. They state an open door policy but say something they don't like and watch what happens! BEWARE if your not from Avoyelles or St Francisville!
A very good job
Analyst 2 (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LASeptember 20, 2014
Pros: enjoyed co-workers
Cons: having to drive to baton rouge
A typical day would include new applications for alcohol and tobacco, answering questions from the taxpayers either by phone or in person, renewing permits, answering phone and contacting taxpayers for information needed.
I learned so much about PR and marketing
Public Information Officer (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LASeptember 19, 2014
It was because of my time with the state that I realized how much I love being creative with newsletters and other graphic design assignments.
Working for the State of Louisiana
Program Manager (Current Employee), DHH/OCDDAugust 2, 2014
Pros: plenty of state holidays
Cons: minimal health insurance options
Serving the people of Louisiana is the most gratifying part of working for the State of Louisiana. There remains a complex mixture of tradition and change that lends to constant program development.
Very busy everyday
Motor Vehicle Compliance Analyst III (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LaJuly 26, 2014
Very busy place, that makes the day go by fast.
Stressful and mentally draining.
Lack of pay raises
If you don't like dealing with the public believe me this is not the place to work.
Management is all about them selves.
Stable job
CORRECTIONS LIEUTENANT (Former Employee), Angola, LAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: great opay
Cons: distance to work
The pay is great as long as the governor don't put another freeze on annual raises.
My current position offers fairly stable, consistent employment but below average compensation and opportunity for advancement.
UI TAX AGENT III - Tax Auditor (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: working completely independently
Cons: being unable to meet all required quotas of my position due to the large volume of responsibilities
I am the only tax audior in my region which covers the typical surrounding five parishes and parts of three additional parishes. My job responsibilities are vast in number and subject matter. I audit employers' payroll records for compiance with unemployment insurance tax regulations and the misclassification of workers. I audit employers' with and without current state unemployment tax accounts. I advise the public on unemployment insurance tax requirements and responsibilities. I work directly with most local accounting and CPA firms. I answer questions and assist with problems on unemployment tax accounts. I also address delinquent accounts and collection issues with employers setting up payment plans when requested. In addition to auditing, I provide complete customer service to employer's and accountants.

A typical day can include everything mentioned above. I have learned alot about auditing in general. I have learned Louisiana unemployment insurance tax regulations. My direct manager is housed in Baton Rouge. I work completely independently. By being the only tax auditor in the region, contact with my co-workers is usually only by phone unless a regional meeting is scheduled. The hardest part of my job is juggling the numerous requirements. We have quotas in every aspect of my job. Audits are continuouly becoming more complex and time consuming which makes it difficult and sometimes impossible to meet quotas in other categories. The most enjoyable part of the job is the independency.
Very laid back environment
Office Worker (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 13, 2014
A typical work day for me was working on a computer. I downloaded files and answered phones. I made copies and mailed items to peoples homes. I learned how to scan different items into different case workers files.. I had a good working environment. I enjoyed my coworkers, we worked well together. The most enjoyable part was that it was a very laid back and non stressfull job.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table.
Front End UI Developer (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 11, 2014
I Learned new things. The co-worker were so helpful. And the hardest part of job is to finish big Project in time and enjoyable part of the job is getting very good experiance.
Productive place of employment
Nursing Manager RN Supervisor A (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 5, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: lack of sufficient pay raises and opportunities for advancement
In a typical day I provide supervision and oversight to the daily flow of a center for Adult Behavioral Health
Productive and fun workplace.
Sr. Informatica/Database Developer (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 8, 2014
Learned new things and the co-workers are so cool and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting new projects and teamwork processes, and performance outcomes.
Auditor 4/Audit Supervisor (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 1, 2014
Pros: extensive projects
Cons: time
Job taught me how to think on my feet quicker, and how my decision and work product served as an impact on others. I was able to work with others through out the department and other areas of the agency, which made the learning process fun. Having the support of management and others made work enjoyable, hardest part of the job at times was not knowing exactly what I would be working on next considering the extent of my job duties and responsibilities.
Productive and fun workplace.
UI Developer (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 21, 2014
Great people
PRINTING OPERATOR 2 (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 17, 2014
This place has a very good environment, and the people, who are willing to help each other.

1 2 3