State of Michigan Employee Reviews

Fedex
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 22, 2016
I currently work at Fedex Ground, located in Belleville Michigan. My co-workers are great. Good people, love being around them. Management, on the other hand is something else. Would I recommend this company for someone who is looking for employment? Maybe not. A typical day, is hard to explain. Today, for example, production was 50,000 plus units. which had to be completed in less than four hrs. Well, it was accomplished with 51,000 units. The most enjoyable part of being there, again, seeing my co-workers. They absolutely make my day.
Pros
you're paid everyweek
Cons
management needs to learn how to communicate better with the employees.
Stressful and work overload
Childrens Protective Services Investigator (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIAugust 19, 2016
The work environment is very fast paced and stressful. If you are fortunate enough to be in an office in which your coworkers help one another that is very beneficial. The position is time consuming and it is rare that you only work 40 hours in your work week usually you work longer than 8 hours a day and alot of times your working on your cases on the weekends also. This position takes alot of dedication and will consume a good part of your time.
Pros
Good coworkers, pay and benefits
Cons
Time invested, stress, micromanaged, inconsistency
a typical work day
Home Health Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 26, 2016
A typical work day for me is, i get up early and have breakfast so i have the energy to help patients in my field.I drive to work knowing its going to be a either a fun day or a hard day, but i am ready for it because i like to help people when they need help.It warms my heart knowing when a person is not feeling well i can help them.I think that is why i did not continue with my schooling in becoming a fire fighter, and change it to the medical field the best choice i have ever made. I am starting off as a medical assistant and hope to continue my educated and hopefully i can become a nurse practitioner one day.
Pros
free health care meeting new people making a differnce in a patients life
Cons
on call everyday, short breaks, not enought time in the day
Excellent place to work
Home Health Aide- Adult Home Help (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 12, 2016
The most enjoyable part about the job was helping the client stay at their home so they could keep their independence.
The hardest part of the job is leaving at the end of the day.
Co-workers were excellent to work with.
I learned that the elderly are just as important as any other individual and they should be kept in their home if it is possible because it is where they feel their best.
• Implemented software engineering best practices around software release, tools and IT management • Working Experience with teams of project managers
Software Configuration Management (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 6, 2016
• Handled all communications between vendors, customers, upper management and internal team members.
• Implemented a complete automated build-release solution using a combination of technologies like fisheye, Ant, Jenkins/Hudson, Anthill, Wiki.
Top Notch
Adult in home foster care probider (Current Employee) –  Ishpeming, MIAugust 16, 2016
The working environment is top notch, the only problem I've had is the State of Michigan is doing cut backs on state help and the first to see it is the elderly,

I adore my patients and would do anything for them at anytime. Unfortunately most of their kids don't live in the area or are old enough where they cant help either so that leaves someone like me to help out.
Pros
a good look on a resume
Cons
hours getting cut
Great work environment
Student Assistant- Graphic Design and Social Media (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 25, 2016
Great leadership and co-workers, always willing to give advice and a second opinion. My superiors have been easy to approach, and as a student, it's easy to set a schedule that works for you.

Although the position is technically an internship, I feel like a fully integrated part of the consumer services team.
Fast paced, not enough real world training to prepare for full job
Foster Care Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Muskegon Heights, MI 49444August 8, 2016
This job is for someone who enjoys fast-paced, non-routine work, and can handle high stress. For the right person, it's fun and can be highly rewarding.
Pros
1 hour lunch, celebrations for birthdays, engagements, leaving, healthcare.
Cons
Fast-paced, training not real-world, highly demanding.
Lots of opportunity
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIJuly 7, 2016
Great place to work to build a foundation for serving the public and maximizing your civil servant opportunities. Many employees have retired working for this company and feel satisfied with their professional careers.
Pros
Various career opportunties
Cons
Advancement opportunities may be only when allocations are avalible
Enjoying helping others
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 8, 2016
I worked only taking care my mother and brother ,a typical day for me is great I have alot of patience ..Ive learned you have to keep calm and be patience with your clients..The hardest part of the job was lifting a three pound body up with no help but it was done...I enjoy the elderly
Pros
PREPARING LUNCH
Cons
SHORT BREAKS

Want to know more about State of Michigan?

Ask a question
Fast paced, demanding position
Cook E6 (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 23, 2016
Cooked meals for the Deputies as they trained to go into the prison. I learned how the corrections field worked. I worked with three other cooks. The most enjoyable was the graduation of the correctional officers. The hardest part of the job was when the facility closed and I lost my position.
Entry Level
FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS BANK EXAMINER (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 6, 2016
This job offers decent wages for an entry level worker. The work is interesting and helps Michigan consumers but the travel commitment that is required of my job is extensive. I travel in state every week and am required to be available to travel out of state for at least one week of every month. If you like to travel and do not have kids or a wife/husband than this is the job for you.
Great people with high level of accomplishment.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, MIAugust 1, 2016
I spent 4 hours each day doing maintenance on the Bridgeport State police Post, including paint and electrical. Then I spent 4 hours at the Bridgeport Crime Lab. There I used my training in blood Bourne pathogens to clean the lab and mobile crime lab.
Serious...
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 21, 2016
Flexible works hours (set your own work schedule along with classes).
No room for advancement.
No pay increase.
Not enough hours.
No health benefits.
Great co-workers, alot of team work and communication within DTMB.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Hourly, no pay raise.
Must be able to multi-task
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MISeptember 21, 2016
The pay and benefits are good but the workload is outrageous. Must be able to multi-task, organized and mentally stable to work in this position. It can be very stressful at times.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Heavy workload
People are important
Assistant Payment Worker (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMarch 20, 2016
I really enjoyed assisting the clients with their daily needs. They made my job worth every minute. I learned the importance of true customer service when it comes to making sure people are being provided the things they need and not just what they want. My co-workers and I found it difficult to do our jobs at times because of the restrictions place on us by upper management. It's hard to work for a company that doesn't allow for true human service. People are important and should be treated as such.
Social Work
Foster Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIAugust 30, 2016
I enjoyed helping clients and assisting them and their families. I helped clients find resources and maintained their caseloads. I also was responsible for keeping up caseloads and reports.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long work days
Great workplace
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 7, 2016
Making sure that all emails have been replied to and all faxes that come through have been sent to the correct agencies; a well as answering phone calls and assisting people.
Pros
Own office, able to choose lunch break time.
I assisted sick people in their homes.
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 2, 2016
I would clean, cook if asked, do laundry, transport to doctor appointments, pass medication, run errands and whatever else needed to be done within my job duties.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Seeing them ill
Productive and fun work place
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Westland, MIAugust 17, 2016
I loved my job.Restaurant Depo was honored as the "opening doors" appreciates working with the EAC because they do such a great job.
Who will be a great fit withe the company, and likely to stay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State of Michigan. Our community is ready to answer.