State of Nebraska

State of Nebraska Employer Reviews

AWESOME place to work
Trainer (Former Employee), Seward NEOctober 4, 2014
co workers and supervisors were AWESOME!!! We had the BEST of the BEST on 4th SHIFT!!!
Probation Officer
Probation Officer (Former Employee), Columbus, NESeptember 23, 2014
Supervision of offenders placed on probation for a wide variety of criminal offenses
productive
supervise children of all ages (Former Employee), Broken Bow NeAugust 25, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: not enough workers
We are all Children of God, we all need love. This is a team job.
Not the best place to work
Social Service Worker Trainee (Former Employee), Gering, NEAugust 6, 2014
Pros: state job
Cons: treating people like they are cattle at a sale
I disagree with the way you are instructed to treat the clients. I took the job to help people not to shove them off after only half helping them. The policy of hurry up we are on a timeline does not benefit anyone except those who are lining their pockets I do not feel you can put a time limit on getting someone the help they need especially with all – more... the forms you need to get done. – less
A Positive Team Environment
Unemployment Insurance Adjudicator (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJuly 3, 2014
The work for this job was conducted in a team environment where questions or concerns could be addressed by the team. This made it easier when addressing the individual needs of each client. A lot of positive feedback between team members.
limitee supervision
Office Clerk III (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJuly 2, 2014
My job was to separate hard copies for recycling or digitizing. It was a very comfortable place to work. The people were very friendly and helpful. A great place to work!!
Don't go there
Corrections Corporal (Former Employee), McCook, NEJune 26, 2014
Management does minimal to follow through on any complaints or request unless it is forwarded to Lincoln.
State of Nebraska
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEJune 24, 2014
The environment is great but the insecurity of not having a job at term limits of a senator is not reassuring.
People have positive attitudes.
SOS Temporary Program (Current Employee), Medicaid and Lont-Term CareMay 3, 2014
Pros: this is a great learning opportunity, as i work with three discinplines and this broadens my knowledge greatly.
Cons: this is temporary employment, therefore there are not benefits or accrued vacation or sick time.
My co-workers have been very helpful. I have had to learn three different disciplines' needs. Each Specialist has taken their time to show me/teach me what they want to accomplish.

I retrieve/print emails and determine if enough information is included for further processing. I make follow-up phone calls, for voice messages that are left on the "hotline". – more... I research the customers questions.

I have created and maintained databases. Scanned multiple documents for safety and procurement. – less
Great work environment
Surveyor Consultant (Former Employee), Gering, NEMarch 6, 2014
Opportunities to work as a team and independently. Great benefits and paid holidays.
Wonderful place to work
BAILIFF/COURTROOM CLERK (Former Employee), North Platte, NEFebruary 28, 2014
Wonderful place to work that allowed me to expand my knowledge.
Relaxed atmosphere with great team work
Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedules
Cons: lack of pay raises
Learned a new job-- teammates help to train. Reported to work-- checked calendar for the day, checked phone messages, emails, and mail. Went to appointments scheduled, submitted any paperwork due, notated events of the day. The hardest part of the job was the workload-- more and more clients were assigned without much-needed overtime approved. The most – more... enjoyable part of job was being help those in need receive services needed. – less
Data entry
Records Clerk (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: not enough leave
Data entry, records keeping, communication with lawyers and Judges. Management could be better, co-workers are fine, hardest part of the job is that they don't accommodate for people with children, most enjoyable part of my job is helping the people take care of issues with the law.
enjoyed my job.
Groundskeeper (Former Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: outside
Even though it was working the grounds, I enjoyed being outside and working my assigned areas. I also learned that recycling is very important and continue to recycle today.
Customer Satisfaction
Employment Specialist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: making quota three times a year, birthday celebrations
Cons: not being able to work due to furloughs.
Enjoyed working with customers, employers, and co-workers.

Learned how to help customers, employers, and co-workers.

Managed to help with a couple of programs i.e. for youth and for adults.

I am a team player and when my job was finished, I would help co-workers to meet quota for the whole department.

The hardest part of the job was to see customers – more... coming in with tears and fear of not knowing how to get help. Thanks to us we showed them how.

The most enjoyable part of the job is accomplishing what is required. – less
Expectations Unrealistic
Developmental Disability Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Omaha, NENovember 20, 2013
I briefly worked for the State of Nebraska in Developmental Disabilities as a Service Coordinator, quickly I learned that the expectation was to do an oustanding job without training.
Rewarding place to work if given adequate training.
Incentives Clerk (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEOctober 23, 2013
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: training can be inadequate
The clerk position I filled was a new and somewhat undefined position. While instructions were clear and concise on most duties, a few duties lacked consistency, clarity, and training. This lack of consistency and training made performing the tasks adequately extremely difficult.
Productive Workplace
Assistant Clerk (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEOctober 19, 2013
Great place to work to learn about all aspects of the Workers' Compensation Court.
Job Good Lack of Advancement
Office Services Tech/Database Coordinator (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEOctober 17, 2013
Pros: good benefits at first got worst as time went on
Cons: little advancement
Worked for the state for 13 years and was over look for supervisor position (job I was basically already doing) Trained all of my future bosses. Received promotion to Database Coordinator but was not given authority needed to accomplish job properly.
ENJOY TAKE CARE ELDER.
Taking care of senior citizens getting them (Former Employee), CLIENT HOMESeptember 3, 2013
Pros: outting
ITS MADE ME FEEL NEEDY,THEY DEPENDED ON ME SO THAT MOTIVE ME TO ALWAYS DO MY BEST.