State of Nebraska

State of Nebraska Employer Reviews

It was an "ok" job.
Secretary II (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEMarch 16, 2015
Pros: Benefits.
Cons: Low pay.
I did not work in this position very long. Benefits were good. Number of holidays exceeded the norm. Pay was low.

I felt over qualified for this position.
Decent job with good benefits
Corporal (Former Employee), York, NEFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: excellent health and financial benefits
Cons: unflexible schedule
-Responsible for the safety and security of a minimum, medium, and maximum security facility.
-Trained with fire arms, CPR, first aid, and hand to hand defense combat.
Nebraska Public Employees Retirement - Accountant
Accountant (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: state benefits
Cons: management
I love working for the State of Nebraska; however the department I started in 13 years ago(Nebraska Public Employees Retirement Systems) was a smaller agency. There was no room for advancement. Also, the Director and Deputy Director were very unprofessional. They had there favorites (close friends) and it showed in the fact that the moral level was always very low. Dozens of employees terminated employment due to that reason. When I finally decided it was time to look elsewhere, my manager (the Deputy Director) had no idea what I did and he was the head of my department (Accounting). Overall, unfortunately, very unprofessional.
Working with vulnerable adults was personally rewarding and I was able to make a difference often.
Adult Prtection Service (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: working with people of various cultures and agencies.
Being able to be a part of a team which was able to assist in making people live better and safer lives was rewarding. Helping to have perpetrators brought to justice was very rewarding.

Management was very good in the early years, but as people retired, management that was put in place did not have an understanding of Adult Protection and the work we did. The yearly budget allowed for APS to operate under was $100,000.00 yearly for the entire State and remains to this day. I have been told that this indicates the State of Nebraska does not value APS work or clients.

The hardest part of the job was getting people on board to prosecute cases of abuse, neglect and financial exploitation for APS.

The most enjoyable part was succeeding to bring stability, services and safety to clients who needed these items for various reasons.
Great Job
Correctional Officer II (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: set schedules
Cons: none really
While working as a correctional officer I was able to be a husband and a father, and still able to maintain a full time job. Working with inmates the worst part working with individuals that have mental issues or could just snap at the drop of a hat. Other staff made the days there a lot better, the trust we had for another is unmatched
State agency with opportunities to grow
Office Associate III (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEJanuary 7, 2015
Working for the state opens doors to a variety of agencies with growth potential
Decent place to work
Office Associate III (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJanuary 3, 2015
Made sure the store ready to open, for lunch, and dinner rushes. Stocking paper products, counting cash registers.
Customer Service
Senior Highway Maintenance (Former Employee), Kearney, NEDecember 9, 2014
The day at the roads dept was very enjoyable because i made the roads safe to drive on and see that myself and co works were safe
Great job
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee), Thedford, NENovember 6, 2014
I enjoyed this job working with disabled individuals. The pay was ok I wish they would withhold federal and state taxes out of your check instead of making the employee do that.
coworkesrs where great
Correctional Caseworker (Current Employee), Tecumseh, NEOctober 7, 2014
Pros: coworkes always have your back
Cons: management
coworkers are great management needs work pretty far out of the way for both big cities
AWESOME place to work
Trainer (Former Employee), Seward NEOctober 4, 2014
co workers and supervisors were AWESOME!!! We had the BEST of the BEST on 4th SHIFT!!!
Probation Officer
Probation Officer (Former Employee), Columbus, NESeptember 23, 2014
Supervision of offenders placed on probation for a wide variety of criminal offenses
productive
supervise children of all ages (Former Employee), Broken Bow NeAugust 25, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: not enough workers
We are all Children of God, we all need love. This is a team job.
Not the best place to work
Social Service Worker Trainee (Former Employee), Gering, NEAugust 6, 2014
Pros: state job
Cons: treating people like they are cattle at a sale
I disagree with the way you are instructed to treat the clients. I took the job to help people not to shove them off after only half helping them. The policy of hurry up we are on a timeline does not benefit anyone except those who are lining their pockets I do not feel you can put a time limit on getting someone the help they need especially with all the forms you need to get done.
A Positive Team Environment
Unemployment Insurance Adjudicator (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJuly 3, 2014
The work for this job was conducted in a team environment where questions or concerns could be addressed by the team. This made it easier when addressing the individual needs of each client. A lot of positive feedback between team members.
limitee supervision
Office Clerk III (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJuly 2, 2014
My job was to separate hard copies for recycling or digitizing. It was a very comfortable place to work. The people were very friendly and helpful. A great place to work!!
Don't go there
Corrections Corporal (Former Employee), McCook, NEJune 26, 2014
Management does minimal to follow through on any complaints or request unless it is forwarded to Lincoln.
State of Nebraska
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEJune 24, 2014
The environment is great but the insecurity of not having a job at term limits of a senator is not reassuring.
People have positive attitudes.
SOS Temporary Program (Current Employee), Medicaid and Lont-Term CareMay 3, 2014
Pros: this is a great learning opportunity, as i work with three discinplines and this broadens my knowledge greatly.
Cons: this is temporary employment, therefore there are not benefits or accrued vacation or sick time.
My co-workers have been very helpful. I have had to learn three different disciplines' needs. Each Specialist has taken their time to show me/teach me what they want to accomplish.

I retrieve/print emails and determine if enough information is included for further processing. I make follow-up phone calls, for voice messages that are left on the "hotline". I research the customers questions.

I have created and maintained databases. Scanned multiple documents for safety and procurement.
Great work environment
Surveyor Consultant (Former Employee), Gering, NEMarch 6, 2014
Opportunities to work as a team and independently. Great benefits and paid holidays.

1 2 3