State of Nebraska Employee Reviews

fun environment
County Court Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 10, 2017
Great co workers. Fast paced, ever changing atmosphere. Pay is not that great. Time off was not up to par. Management friendly and left you to do your job.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
low pay
Review Summary of DNR's IT Divison
Information Technology Applications Developer (Former Employee) –  301 Centennial Mall South, Lincoln, NE 68509April 28, 2017
I am a morning person, so I usually arrive early to work. The IT Division is a very challenging position with constant personnel, software, hardware and Director changes. They strive to be as professional as possible with the public, co-workers and field office personnel.
production based 10 key data entry
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 25, 2017
I work for the Medicaid division. I type information taken from documents such as dental, nursing home and medicare submissions. We also do inserting for screening and we work adjustments for any needed corrections submitted by providers.
Pros
Very good vacation time, sick leave and retirement fund.
Cons
Poor management.
Medicaid Overtime and Travel
Accountant Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 12, 2017
I had a very good experience at the state. Work hours where good. My Manager was very nice and easy to work with. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. The work was easy but also challenging.
Pros
Great co-works
Fun place to work
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEMarch 30, 2017
Love working with tourists. Liked learning history. Wish the job was year round. The pay was only minimum. Enjoyed what they called History Days with all the fourth graders around North Platte. The kids had so much fun learning and playing pioneer games!
Pros
Very flexible scheduling
Cons
Not year round work
Ups and Downs
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 25, 2017
When I worked for the state was great, however, it seems as time passed I wasn't being treated as a staff member, I was treated as if I was an inmate.
Pros
Knowing that I was needed
Cons
Being treated unfair
Be of service to our troops was very fulfilling.
Distance Learning Information Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEMarch 18, 2017
I would start my with the Master Chief Sargent for instructions. Then I would clean workstations of PII's and guarantee that peripherals were working. The hardest part of the job was the complexity of Polycom for the distance learning technology. Most fulfilling part of the job was assisting the troops to acquire the certifications they needed to get promoted.
Pros
Assisting our service men and women.
Cons
Na
Look didnt fit the office
Former employee (Former Employee) –  CaptialMarch 14, 2017
I love the work but management was judgmental there was always a differential in treatment, management attacked my professionalism and used my evaluations to discredit me. My look apparently didn't fit the look of the office.
Being a mom to kids who need it.
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 23, 2017
Throughout the years that I was a foster mom I had over 56 young kids come through my home. They were from all walks of life. I ended up adopting 4 of my foster kids.
Pros
Unconditional love.
Cons
No help. No warning of what to expect.
State Of Nebraska
Child Protective Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 16, 2017
Building positive relationships with children and families. Coordinating services meeting new people. A typical day driving around the city removing g and placing children in safe environments..
Pros
Meeting new people. Reuniting children / families. Field work
Cons
Removing g children from biological families.

Want to know more about State of Nebraska?

Ask a question
Stable employment
Mental Health Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 30, 2017
This job is stable and the compensation and benefits are above average. Work culture is not always the best at times due to the high stress of the environment day to day. There is a lot of paper work but you do get to see the positive impact you can have on a persons life
Pros
wages, health insurance
Cons
high stress work environment
Job security and productive environment
Corporal (Current Employee) –  York, NEJanuary 29, 2017
I have learned how to interact as a team player, but also as an independent at the same time. You also learn the importance of self reliance and discipline.
Pros
Insurance
Diverse government agency
Recreation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 27, 2017
Here I was able to learn about myself in regards to strengths and how to improve upon my weaknesses. Working in a correctional facility was something I never thought of, but once there I was able to have security through friends and colleagues that wanted to see me succeed.
Prepares you for your job well
Caseworker for Department of Corrections (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 20, 2017
A fast paced place to work with amazing coworkers. Constantly changing with wonderful management. They were understaffed and at times a person was not able to get off work to attend medical appointments. They tried to assist all the employees when they can but at times it was difficult. Training was offered to assist employees where it was needed.
Pros
Amazing co-workers
Cons
Under staffed
See below
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 16, 2017
many dedicated employees
management of over 52 employees on 3 shifts. 24 hour facility. the clientele was chronic and persistent mentally ill. Help clients achieve personal progress and work towards movement to a less restrictive environment.
Pros
benefits, retirement, health insurance
Cons
Difficulty with large organization and flexibility
Great
In-Home Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 14, 2017
Enjoyed the job, never encountered any problems and don't look back on my card ending with grand total and wishing to you with grand kids daily and wishing to come.
Pros
Got to be with grand kids da
Horrible
Temporary criminal identification records clerk (Former Employee) –  LincolnDecember 20, 2016
This was one of the worst working experiences i had. This job was a temporary position to last a y ear. No quality in training. Management could care less.
Pros
People friendly
Cons
Bad training and management
labor staff are amazing
Housekeeping Aide (Current Employee) –  Grandisland nebNovember 28, 2016
Management is too micromanaged men seem to be offered or promoted more than women, they are put into potions and it's not offered to others, seniority is non Existent, they make up rules as they go, I was told by an old supervise that managers Will be belived over staff, experienced this first hand, also its a very hostile work environment, I've stayed because of benefits and our members , sorry if it's not a good review but I believe in Honesty.
Pros
benefits and members
Cons
dishonesty
Buyer of all electronics for the State of Nebraska
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 17, 2016
Most days are spent purchasing electronics and services through the creation of purchase orders. Occasionally equipment and/or services need to be purchased through Sole Source or Contracts. These I would take the lead to ensure all paperwork was in order according to State Statute and seeing the project through to completion. Working with a small group of great gals which makes the job enjoyable. I took this job knowing it was outside of my box and mastered the required tasks. Now that I have achieved my goal the hardest part is the dull daily routine. I am ready for challenge once more.
Working for the state is always good
Unit Case Worker (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 12, 2016
Working for the state was my dream when I went to school. I grew up in a household that was engaged in politics, and always had in my mind to strive for working for the state. In any case, working in correctional jail settings is a little bit overwhelming under certain circumstances. My focus and education is geared more towards social aspect rather than law enforcement.