State Of North Carolina

State Of North Carolina Employer Reviews

Great place to work.
Facility Engineering Specialist (Former Employee), The total State of North CarolinaJune 18, 2014
A typical day at work was leaving from Raleigh early in the morning and driving to an assigned area in the state and meeting the people and doing surveys on their facilities and helping them obtain compliance to Health, Building,Mechanical ,Electrical and Fire codes to provide a better facility that houses residents and to assure a good living facility. – more... My co-workers were always eager to share information and direction to obtain maximum results.There was no hard parts to the job unless seeing so much need in the state for better facilities was considered.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people we visited to explain the procedures that had to be followed and how to be in compliance, and the beautiful scenery across the state that I saw. – less
Experienced QA Team Lead
Team Lead (Current Employee), Charlotte NCMay 29, 2014
• Software QA tester with full system development lifecycle experience, including designing,
developing and implementing test plans, test cases and test processes fueling swift corrective actions.
• Proficient in Manual Testing and Automation Testing of Web, Desktop and Hand-Held Devices (Palm & Pocket PC) applications using RFT, QTP, Quality Center, – more... Win Runner, Test Director and Load Runner.
• Successfully implemented QA process (Issue reporting system, Analysis and approval of the issue, Assignment, Test Cases, Defined bug life cycle, release Notes, Sign Off for UAT, and Release Testing) and maintained the documentation in Light.
• Excellent experience in preparing Use Cases, Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Cases and Test Data based on business requirements for the testing of application software.
• Extensive experience in different testing methods like System Testing, GUI Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Browser Testing, Positive & Negative Testing, End to End Regression Testing, Web application Testing, Black box testing, White box testing, Performance testing, Load Testing, User Acceptance Test (UAT) for Client/Server Applications and Stress Testing.
• Capable of managing testing with little or NO Requirements, Gathering Functionality details by Contacting SME, Business people and interacting with Development team.
• Performed Back-End testing and data validation using SQL Queries on client/server and web-based applications.
• Proven track record of working well with Developers, Business, Product Support and teams. – less
Productive and self satisfying in helping inmates transition back to society.
Correctional Case Manager (Former Employee), Manson, NCMay 28, 2014
Pros: job security.
Cons: working in a prison environment can be very stressful.
A great place to work with excellent benefits and always a chance for advancement.
A good occupation selection
Secretary to District Engineer (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 24, 2014
I worked in several areas of the Department of Transportation and enjoyed my experience working with the public.
Proffessional people supervising inmates and protecting the public.
Corrections Officer (Former Employee), Hoffman NCApril 5, 2014
Pros: steady and rewarding.
I enjoyed the responsibility and it was a great job Im in fact applying for again.
Public service with a camaraderie of friends
Deputy Clerk of Superior Court (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 1, 2014
Pros: regular hours, outstanding co-workers
Cons: no parking, low pay, little advancement
A typical day of work for a Deputy Clerk of Court depends very much upon your position and division. Generally we arrived before we opened to the public and began to key our daily updates and to advance the court cases on the pending shelves when the courtroom clerks took their boxes away. Once the doors opened we continued our specific assignments – more... and also helped answer questions from attorneys and the public. As the courtrooms closed we sent the day's cases to whatever departments would next get them. Lather, rinse, repeat ad infinitum.

I always found my co-workers, with rare exception, to be just as hard working and caring as I was with the public. We were often called upon to perform a level of work which in private practice would have been divided between two people and for higher pay. Yet we did our jobs, mostly without complaint, and enjoyed helping each other out as we could. Years later I still speak with and help my friends who were able to remain at their jobs through the Recession. It was a time in my life I needed and would not have changed for the world.

The hardest parts of being a clerk were our lack of parking, our pay's dependence upon the vagaries of the State's budget, and an almost constant disregard by the public for whom we served with such distinction. Still, it was enough to know among ourselves that we were all in the same boat and to appreciate that those who didn't know all that our office did in a day could not understand how seriously we took our oaths. – less
fast paced and felt like I made a difference
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Butner, NCMarch 30, 2014
Pros: never a dull moment
Cons: you never know when an altercation is going to happen
My typical day at work would be to report in to duty, wake inmates, escort them to meals, escort inmates to appointments, make sure that while at rec their was no altercations, and in general to be a peace keeper.
I learned that in that environment you always have to watch your back and that your professional relationship with coworkers can determine – more... how well the outcome of your day is.
The hardest part of the job was to keep the peace whenever an altercation was inevitable between two inmates.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when an inmate would be released and you could tell that their experience would keep them from coming back into the system. – less
The State of North Carolina has been a great place to work for the last ten years.
Official Court Reporter (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 19, 2014
Very busy with courtroom trials. Produced verbatim transcripts of court proceedings. Also, produced transcripts from DVDs and audio files.
Solid State Government Work
HR and Benefits Manager (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 19, 2014
Working for the State is a steady job with a good retirement benefit. However, being able to be finiancally rewarded for your hard work through bonuses is limited.
Professional atmosphere, teamwork, clean environment
Licensed Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 17, 2014
All of my previous employers have always employed excellent leadership/management and co-workers (RN,LPN,PCT, student technicians, secretaries, housekeeping etc.). The companies have provided a safe, clean environments.
Great learning experience
Chief Operating Officer (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 6, 2014
Interesting environment to enter into from the private sector but a great learning experience. A true test of prior leadership experience. Pay and benefits not comparable; culture remains somewhat status quo.
Self motivate person
District Attorney Investigator Investigate (Current Employee), Lexington, NCDecember 4, 2013
Provides trial Assist District Attorneys is assistance in evidence review and evaluation, and help prepare cases for trial.

Interviews complainants, suspects, and witnesses, analyzing and evaluating their statements.
Constantly changing workplace with excellent management and coworkers.
Provider Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 2, 2013
Pros: productive learning atmosphere, great benefits.
Cons: lots of staff turnover since new administration.
There was no typical day at work because the work load as well as the urgent timeliness was constantly fluctuating. As with any state position, the demand to keep up with the changing healthcare laws and regulations created an environment where learning new things happened very frequently. In my direct position, I worked as part of a team of wonderful – more... coworkers and was fortunate to be under excellent management as well. – less
Locked up and sealed away.
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Piedmont Correctional InstituteNovember 20, 2013
Pros: pros to working there is the retirement benefits.
Cons: way under paid, and staff cannot be trusted.
After going through a metal detector with a clear lunch box everyday, you go through what is called a sally port. Once inside the other door opens and then closes behind you. Once in your there inside the prison with the worst of the worst. Very stressful and very in need of patience. Hardest part of the job is the fact that most officers call out sick – more... and you have to work short all the time. This puts you on a floor with 96 inmates by yourself. The only reason why you go home at the end of day or night is because they let you go home at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you work with troubled adults, and you get to hear their history and offer advice. – less
job does not require any previous experience. Great for new grads
Social Security Disability Case Consultant (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCNovember 8, 2013
Overall nice place to work. It requires dealing with a lot of confidential information and claims processing.
prefer not to say
Business & Technical Analyst - WIC Program (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCNovember 4, 2013
it is very typical of state government but I prefer not to say more.
Exciting Opportunity
Historian (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, NCNovember 1, 2013
Being appointed by Governor Perdue is a highlight in my life. Our focus is to identify historic properties that can be acquired and preserved for future generations to enjoy.
Always on the go
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Carolina, NCOctober 28, 2013
Learn alot on the inside. New computer programs. Day to day operations.
Challenging
Correctional Officer (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 14, 2013
The job is very challenging but rewarding. There is lots of room for advancement.
Call Center
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 5, 2013
Pros: great place to work
Cons: n/a
Great Place to Work; 8hr shift, call center work; typical work day includes providing inbound & outbound customer service to claimants.

1 2 3

About State Of North Carolina

The mission of North Carolina State University is to serve its students and the people of North Carolina as a doctoral/research-extensive, – Read more