State Of North Carolina Employee Reviews

Okay place to work
Correctional Officer (Current Employee), Windsor, NCJune 15, 2015
Its a okay place to work, its a job. Some what low pay but you work all the time, no time for family but make plenty of overtime. Not for a family man
very rewarding position providing a much needed service for seniors
HOME INSTEAD SENIOR CARE (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 4, 2015
Pros: Providing a much needed service for seniors
Cons: Many many hours involved
Management responsibility for office staff of 15 - 17. This included scheduling for clients and caregivers. Supervised two RNs and two client care managers who performed in home visits. Hosted meeting and parties for caregivers and met with them to keep aware of their concerns and needs. Handled all after hours needs of caregivers and clients for scheduling. Worked closely with weekend scheduler. My only negative of the job was being on call 24 hours , 7 days, 52 weeks. On the plus side, it was extremely rewarding to see the caregivers bond with their clients and to see the clients appreciation for the care and concern they received from us.
Assembly line
examiner (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 2, 2015
Pros: stable company
Cons: feels like an ant farm
Keep pushing out those cases and make sure to smile so that everyone feels good about what their doing. And they'll compensate you the least they can while doing it.
Administrative Assistant II
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 19, 2015
Pros: My interaction with my public
Cons: When my hands are tired and there is not much else I can do.
My day starts at 8.45a.
My day consists of assisting the callers with establishing claims for unemployment, status and benefit inquiries.
good place to work
Canteen worker/Loading Dock worker (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCMay 8, 2015
Pros: steady work
Cons: no conc
very busy and a lot of lifting very enjoyable do your job to the best of you can enjoy your job no matter how much there is to do
management was always easy to deal with and fare in all situations
nothing hard
running the store
The Dept of Environmental and Natural Resources is a decnt place to work
Lead Chemist (Current Employee), Raleigh NCMay 7, 2015
NC DENR is a good place to work. In my position here I have had the opportunity to be involved in long term environmental quality monitoring projects and also short and succinct projects. This dual task goal aspect and responsibilities are very complimentary and improve the quality of the output and results for both the long and short term projects.
please call looking for a good job
Strrategic Protective Services (Current Employee), Charlotte,North CarolinaApril 10, 2015
I like to work around people i love to work doing like staying at home can work all day if needed and get along whit my supervisor at all jobs
EXCELLENT PLACE TO WORK
MANY JOBS educaTION (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCApril 10, 2015
Pros: ENJOYED SEEING IMPROVEMENTS IN STUDENTS
Cons: TO MUCH STD TESTING, FOCUS SHOULD BE ON BASIC READING AND MATH
RETIRED HOWEVER INVOLVED IN MANY COMMUNITY FUNCTIONS GOOD BENEFITS, GOOD SALARY AND RETIREMENT, INSERVICES AND WORKSHOPS, IMROVING SKILLS OF EMPLOYEES. ETC
Politics got in the way of my job.
NC Public Health Dental Hygienist (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 3, 2015
Pros: Working with wonderful professionals, parents and children.
Cons: Lots of driving in the early morning hours.
My days were different. Some days I screened 200 children. Other days I taught 6 to 8 classes on dental health. Many days I drove hours to reach a school to apply dental sealants. Some days, I spent the entire day on the phone trying to contact parents to speak with them about obtaining dental care. Some days, I was talking to area dentists about donating their time and skills for the children that needed care. I loved my job but I did not care for the state political system that became involved dictating the health care system.
minimal
DOT (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCMarch 17, 2015
Pros: lunches
Cons: short breaks
It consisted of physical manual labor and short breaks. It was not a great establishment to work for. The work was less gratifying, boring, and you're scrutinized constantly.
I enjoyed working with general public. Gave me the feeling I was doing something to help someone who needed help, if nothing but a voice.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 12, 2015
Pros: worked without supervision
Cons: most days did not take lunch away from my desk, other co-workers did not like doing my job
I enjoyed working for the State of North Carolina, especially the Division of Veterans Affairs. I dealt with the general public face to face everyday and enjoyed helping them with their claims. I enjoyed all my positions with the State of North Carolina, but this was my favorite position. I had more contact with peope.
Overcompensated and Under appreciated
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS TEACHER (Current Employee), English, NCMarch 9, 2015
Teachers in North Carolina are the most underpaid and overworked! Their system of colleges are some of the best in the country and yet their public education system is failing its students.
The Unknown
Probation Officer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: demanding position
A day in the life of a probation officer for the state of North Carolina was not ordinary. I could have office visits with clients, court, or arrest someone all in one day. I managed 80-95 adult offenders who were placed on probation or parole. In this line of work you can work alone however, you will need co workers to help assist with arrest or home contacts.
Great place to work and learn
License Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: do not work with the public
Cons: long hours
I like the fact that this job is up to date with trainings that nurses need to be up to date with the trends in nursing as far as equipment and new medications. I like that we are a close nit community and feels like home with the people I have had the pleasure of working with.
Great experience
Deputy Clerk (Current Employee), Greenville, NCFebruary 18, 2015
Greast place to work, but beware, of politics. If the Clerk of Court doesn't like you she can get rid of you for no reason. Even if you have not done anything just going on what someone else may have told her. I have seen her to it to two great employees. And all the wrong people are in leadership position who are not very nice to the employees and back stabbing is a must to work here.
Tight family environment
Auditor/Investigator (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 14, 2015
Confidentiality is a must. You have discretion when issuing notices for non-compliance.
Productive & good place to work.
Data Processing Assistant (PT) (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCNovember 20, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not many pay raises
Enjoyed the work I did & opportunities to learn new skills. Had good office environment where co-workers got along well together and was like a 'family' away from home.
Review
Certified Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Polkton, NCOctober 7, 2014
• Responsible for custody and supervision of inmates in a state correctional facility.
• Conduct accurate count of persons and distinguish between color coded emergency signals, keys, safety signs, and clothing.
• Comprehend and abide by policies/directives.
Retirement plan. getting Vested after 5 years
Security Officer (Former Employee), Raleigh NCOctober 7, 2014
Pros: good pay and benfits.
Cons: making time to make sure all work gets finish in time
good job employees freindly and helpful. leaned report writing and computer sklills need to do job.Coworkers helpfull and freindly. the hardest part of job was geting employees to follow rules and helping them understand that the rules are that to protect them
a state employee
Clerk of Superior Court (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 1, 2014
Pros: working with judges and attorneys, networking
Cons: low pay, no raises, managers are not mature or trained properly
The position was outstanding and educational. I was able to learn how to work under pressure within a deadline. I maintained my communication and technology skills by doing my daily duties. But I was not able to recieve a pay raise and only getting paid once a month was a great downfall.