State of North Dakota Employee Reviews

Just don't do it
State Fair Security (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDOctober 14, 2017
Seriously long hours at minimum wage, only bonus is if you're lucky enough to go to concerts, but don't plan on watching them, you gotta keep your eyes on all the drunk people.
Pros
Concert (maybe)
Cons
People, pay, Boring
Stressfull - chaotic
Behavioral Health Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDOctober 8, 2017
I love serving people. I love the idea of trying to improve people's lives. My Division lacks of structure. Management changes everything every three months. We write and rewrite policies and procedures over and over, but none follows any polices or procedures.
Benefits
Cons
Stress
Helping People
Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDOctober 6, 2017
I loved working with the local employers and helping people with resume writing, and their job search needs. I am used to a sales environment so it was not a good fit for me.
Review
Electronic Court Recorder (Former Employee) –  Watford City, NDJuly 10, 2017
The State of North Dakota became my home and I met and worked with some of the most brilliant minds and the most loving human beings among us. If I didn't have to move because of my husband's business, I would still be there and would have loved to retire there.
Great Benefits
Life Skills Trainer/Medication Technician II (Former Employee) –  Grafton, NDJuly 3, 2017
I used to work At Life Skills and Transition Center in Grafton, ND. It is a State run organization. I love the individuals that we served, job is not hard but you need extra energy if you needed to stay because a co worker called in for a shift. Hardest part of the job is losing an individual that we worked with.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
working extra hours if you will be mandated, required to stay if you are short staffed
Productive positve atmosphere
Trial Court Administrator for Unit (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 4, 2017
very productive and wonderful place to work. Good legal structure and the people that work in the court system in North Dakota appreciate and enjoy the work that they do for the citizens of ND.
Pros
great legal structure
Cons
terrible weather
Excellent
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMay 1, 2017
I love my employment at the State of North Dakota. The professional and wisdom of leaders is tremendous. The culture fits my personality and we are a busy place which I endure.
Pros
Professional
Cons
Work in a cubical
NCHSC was like a family
Licensed Addictions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDApril 15, 2016
We provided the best clinical care of any place I have ever worked. We staffed clients daily and made the most informed decisions regarding their treatment. We ran 3 residential facilities, 1 transitional living facility, provided Intensive Outpatient Treatment as part of the MATRIX EBT program and had multiple aftercare options.
Great Experience
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJune 10, 2014
My position as a project manager is one I have worked so hard to get to. No two days at my job are the same. I love meeting new people and being faced with new challenges, as well as finding ways to overcome them. Documentation is constant and consistent between project managers, so our area is cohesive. Management is excellent and understanding when things come up. Co-workers are extemely diverse, helpful and well-rounded. I love that I get to use many of my best talents as a project manager,
Pros
Great benfits and flexible work schedule
Cons
Sometimes things get lost in the chain of command
Great Job
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMay 19, 2014
This was the anti-call center. A small group of kind, hardworking people dedicated to the betterment of people that needed access to unemployment benefits. Would work there again.
A day as a Deputy Clerk II - Criminal Division
Deputy Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMarch 6, 2014
Each day I go to work knowing there is work to be completed and job security will always be there. Unfortunately, we have criminals that need a helping hand when they end up in trouble. I enjoy e-filing documents, opening new cases, and customer service. Even if we can help 1 person a week, we have success. The best part about my job is when that 1 defendant writes back after being incarcerated for a period or just got out of treatment and they write a letter to the court "thanking" them for what they've done. Sometimes it's just that 1 step that can save a person from the inevitable. Most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and learning new duties.
Pros
Great health insurance
Cons
Would like to have more training and/or classes offered.
Good benefits, good work/life balance
Judicial Law Clerk (Current Employee) –  Grafton, NDFebruary 26, 2014
Working for the State provides stability in your employer, along with many benefits, including great resources. Knowledgeable administrative staff, friendly co-workers, and opportunities to further your education or certifications.
Self Employed; Guardian ad Litem & Custody Investigator
Custody Investigator (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 1, 2013
Self Employed; Guardian ad Litem & Custody Investigator had many challenges. Requires good sound judgement and communication skills.
Pros
helping others in a difficult situation
Cons
sometimes dangerous
Great benefits and good work / life balance
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJanuary 20, 2013
I enjoyed my work with the State of North Dakota but it was slow paced. The benefits are well known to be good.
Poor management.
Master Electrician III (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NDAugust 8, 2012
Management has been there too long and make for a lazy and miserable work environment.