STATE OF NORTH DAKOTA Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Great Experience
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJune 10, 2014
My position as a project manager is one I have worked so hard to get to. No two days at my job are the same. I love meeting new people and being faced with new challenges, as well as finding ways to overcome them. Documentation is constant and consistent between project managers, so our area is cohesive. Management is excellent and understanding when things come up. Co-workers are extemely diverse, helpful and well-rounded. I love that I get to use many of my best talents as a project manager,
Pros
great benfits and flexible work schedule
Cons
sometimes things get lost in the chain of command
Great Job
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMay 19, 2014
This was the anti-call center. A small group of kind, hardworking people dedicated to the betterment of people that needed access to unemployment benefits. Would work there again.
A day as a Deputy Clerk II - Criminal Division
Deputy Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMarch 6, 2014
Each day I go to work knowing there is work to be completed and job security will always be there. Unfortunately, we have criminals that need a helping hand when they end up in trouble. I enjoy e-filing documents, opening new cases, and customer service. Even if we can help 1 person a week, we have success. The best part about my job is when that 1 defendant writes back after being incarcerated for a period or just got out of treatment and they write a letter to the court "thanking" them for what they've done. Sometimes it's just that 1 step that can save a person from the inevitable. Most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and learning new duties.
Pros
great health insurance
Cons
would like to have more training and/or classes offered.
Self Employed; Guardian ad Litem & Custody Investigator
Custody Investigator (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 1, 2013
Self Employed; Guardian ad Litem & Custody Investigator had many challenges. Requires good sound judgement and communication skills.
Pros
helping others in a difficult situation
Cons
sometimes dangerous
Great benefits and good work / life balance
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJanuary 20, 2013
I enjoyed my work with the State of North Dakota but it was slow paced. The benefits are well known to be good.
Poor management.
Master Electrician III (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NDAugust 8, 2012
Management has been there too long and make for a lazy and miserable work environment.