STATE OF NORTH DAKOTA

STATE OF NORTH DAKOTA Employer Reviews

Great Job
Analyst (Former Employee), Bismarck, NDMay 19, 2014
This was the anti-call center. A small group of kind, hardworking people dedicated to the betterment of people that needed access to unemployment benefits. Would work there again.
A day as a Deputy Clerk II - Criminal Division
Deputy Clerk II (Current Employee), Bismarck, NDMarch 6, 2014
Pros: great health insurance
Cons: would like to have more training and/or classes offered.
Each day I go to work knowing there is work to be completed and job security will always be there. Unfortunately, we have criminals that need a helping hand when they end up in trouble. I enjoy e-filing documents, opening new cases, and customer service. Even if we can help 1 person a week, we have success. The best part about my job is when that 1 – more... defendant writes back after being incarcerated for a period or just got out of treatment and they write a letter to the court "thanking" them for what they've done. Sometimes it's just that 1 step that can save a person from the inevitable. Most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and learning new duties. – less
Self Employed; Guardian ad Litem & Custody Investigator
Custody Investigator (Former Employee), Fargo, NDApril 1, 2013
Pros: helping others in a difficult situation
Cons: sometimes dangerous
Self Employed; Guardian ad Litem & Custody Investigator had many challenges. Requires good sound judgement and communication skills.
Great benefits and good work / life balance
Computer Operator (Former Employee), Bismarck, NDJanuary 20, 2013
I enjoyed my work with the State of North Dakota but it was slow paced. The benefits are well known to be good.
Poor management.
Master Electrician III (Former Employee), Jamestown, NDAugust 8, 2012
Management has been there too long and make for a lazy and miserable work environment.
Good work culture
Program Manager (Current Employee), Bismarck NDMay 23, 2012
Pros: good bunch of people to work with
Cons: salary is not good
The best part about working with the state of North Dakota is the People. Very professional and committed yet friendly.
An average day starts at 7 with checking mails identifying things to do. This is followed by a team meeting and work authorizations.
By 10 o' clock I start working on status reports and other tracking activities
Lunch at the desk at – more... 12 followed by status meeting with customer project holder, followed by another round of meetings with the customer project manager/IT director/Project sponsor ( each day of the week I meet these people)
This is followed by reading and reviewing team activities.
4 o'clock is the time for looking at all unscheduled activities...fire fighting, team evaluation, other project team member assitance etc.
5 is time for team meeting and mentorship
6 i am out of the office – less

About STATE OF NORTH DAKOTA

With a reputation for excellence in teaching and multidisciplinary research, North Dakota State University, Fargo, links academics – Read more