State of Ohio Employee Reviews

Tpw
Tpw (Former Employee) –  Columbus, ohioMay 8, 2017
Not too bad..very stressful, loved the co workers. They made you stay over regardless if you were able to. The healthcare benefits were great. The pay was ok but for what i was put through on a daily basis i felt was not enough.
terrible job
Tutor (Former Employee) –  London, OHMay 3, 2017
this job did not pay enough the staff was not informed of the jobs and honestly did not know the job any better than the newest workers. it was a miserable place to work
Pros
days off
Cons
the work days
Licensed Social Worker (Former Employee) –  ohioMay 3, 2017
Typical day at work was fast paced. I learned a lot from working in a team environment. The hardest part of the job was the work load and when challenging cases came up.
Contractor/Attorney (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 3, 2017
I found this as an excellent opportunity for career growth and would recommend it to anyone for great work life balance. I think the management was fair and open to changes and I enjoyed my time there.
Helped me devope my skills for my future business
Condemnation Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 28, 2017
I enjoyed the friendly work environment that was around me. I learned a lot about how to work with people and for people for my future business endeavor. Management was very supportive and knowledgeable.
Pros
Great work environment, prepared me for a better life.
Cons
Not any
Great place
Corrections Officer (Current Employee) –  OhioApril 27, 2017
Great place to work. Hard working staff and excellent management and leadership. I would recommend this company to anyone wanting a safe and productive environment.
Administration does not care about the front line.
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Orient, OHApril 20, 2017
On a daily basis you make sure you go home safe as well as your coworkers. Administration does not care of your well being just that they are in compliance with the inmates needs.
Dark and dismal work place,unsafe at any time.
Correctional officer (Current Employee) –  Orient, OHApril 12, 2017
Never know what you are walking into from day to day,or what might happen on your shift with convicted felons,dark and dismal work place.You want to feel like you are making a difference when you are not sure if you are.
Pros
vacation days, pay
Cons
working in hostile environment
productive, fun, and fast paced work
Machine setter (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, OHApril 3, 2017
The time goes by pretty quick. The people are fun to be around and they enjoy the work. I learned how to operate machinery that entails to the job, how to break down the machines and clean/fix them.
Pros
good break schedules fun environment and exceptioal supervisors
Cons
pay was not what was expected
State Police
State Police Officer II, (Retired) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43223March 29, 2017
My job as a State Of Ohio Police Officer was the best job ever. I loved my job and gave it 110% every day. I was able to make a difference for the people of Ohio whit the work I did. I am at my very best when things are out of control for others this made me good at my job.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Retired
Great job
Therapeutic Program Worker (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 25, 2017
Great benefits , bad hours, great pay, only 1 weekend a month off. Not much room for advancement. Its hard to get vacation time as they only canvas once a year and only one person per day is allowed to take vacation, this is based on seniority.
things have change on the pay scale
Home Health Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 22, 2017
The pay scale has changed for LPNs which make being independent provider no longer beneficial for me. my client lost there nursing waivers after the changes were made which lead to lost of health and financial issues for there family.
Pros
being you own boss
Cons
they can let you go and you have no PTO or severence pay.
Teaching in correctional setting
Teacher (Former Employee) –  London, OHMarch 20, 2017
It was a good place to work, but very stressful working in a medium/high security environment. Tried to supply inmates with skills they could use upon release.
Pressures make it hard to truly help those that need it.
Disability Adjudicator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 16, 2017
the jobs itself is rewarding. To be able to help this that need the help and to be able to work with those in need, is nice. The work is busy and time consuming and very challenging at all times. It's never the same.
Pros
Love the actual work itself.
Cons
Upper management puts unnecessary pressures on us.
Great job
Daycare Provider (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 8, 2017
Wonderful job, amazing pay, great classes offered. So much fun. Inspectors was amazing, nice, friendly and so helpful. Would recommend it to anyone who loves kids
Productive and great cause
Public Affairs Intern (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 3, 2017
This agency is supervised really well. Great environment and a fun place to work. you will run into some challenges but its worth it when serving ohioans.
Entertaining
Correction Captain (Former Employee) –  Franklin Medical CenterFebruary 22, 2017
I learned how to manage all personalities interacting with an array if inmates hostile and friendly. The hardest part of the job was determining in an investigation who was telling the truth. Best part of the job was having fun with co-workers. Learning different aspect of the correctional field, setting examples for other employees as far as professionalism, appearance and hoe to treat one another. an just having a good day.
Pros
freedon to move about
Cons
dealing with staff conflicts
Great Job and work place.
Recycler (Former Employee) –  Belmont County, OHFebruary 13, 2017
It was a very rewarding job. I learned how to lead and oversee employees. It taught me how to run a restaurant and how to make sure it was profitable.
pleasant work environment
Seamstress (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 13, 2017
dealing with staff was easy. got to work at my own pace and staff was pleasant and supportive. I liked being able to bring my music with me and just sitting and sewing. I liked being busy and that staff knew they could call for me at any time and I would come. I like learning new things and that I was trusted and treated with respect.
Pros
worked alone.
Cons
often not enough work to keep me busy each day.
Good place to work great benefits people are the best
Bureau Chief - Ohio Department of Medicaid (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 5, 2017
Ability to be creative; explore new ways of improving business. Great for team building.

By engaging people, proving a better way to do things. Adding new technologies from laptops, new software, smart phones, CRM customer relationship management, Service Now, SharePoint Tableau.

Introducing new ways of project management such as Lean Six Sigma and Agile/Scrum.
Pros
Positive environment working with people
Cons
Limited advancement