State of Ohio

State of Ohio Employee Reviews

Being able to work outside.
Highway Technician 1 (Current Employee), Wooster, OHJune 28, 2015
Pros: Working outside and also driving dump trucks.
Cons: Having to go through HT classes to advance.
I really enjoyed snow and ice in the winter plowing snow off the roads. And the summer working outside in the great weather, plus having good coworkers to work with.
Great people to work with out in the field
Licensed Social Worker (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 23, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with out in the field and some of office staff
Cons: No breaks, no lunch breaks, mismanagement, no training on any level
Most enjoyable part of the work is being present to patients and families. Enjoys granting wishes to patients. Love taking dog to visit patients. I learned that the most important thing is to be true to self. Unfortunately, there is much mismanagement and disorganization.
Good employer
Corrections Lieutenant (Current Employee), Mansfield, OHJune 18, 2015
I have learned to be versatile, patient, and how to cope with different individuals of various nationalities. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the attitudes of people you work with. An enjoyable part is being able to talk with certain individuals and it helps them to turn their life around.
I truly loved psychiatric patients and providing education to staff
Psychiatric Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee), Massillon, OHJune 10, 2015
My work day began with staffing
* received report
*Managed & coordinated admissions with hospital ER s
*Completed quality assurance monitors
*Completed evaluations
*Managed staff and patient crisis
*Communicated with police, physicians and other ancillary staff as needed in the provision of safe patient care
*Review events with staff and provide counsel and support
*Provide and develop inservices
Interesting people to meet and multiple skills to learn.
Customer Service Expert/Computer and Machine Op (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 26, 2015
Pros: Meeting and talking with different people from different cultures/backgrounds.
Cons: Lack of opportunity sometimes.
Interacting with customers in a friendly manner and being able to supply their needs is very fulfilling. I enjoy conversation while working. Pleasant conversation boost work morale, and good morale promotes productivity.
Nice pay; great coworkers
Department of Education (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 26, 2015
Pros: Paid Holidays
Very busy work environment in which political power usually changes the course of your work from day to day. Overall a flexible and great place to work and thrive. However it can be difficult to advance.
Currently good benefits; compensation could be better.
Process Analyst / Project Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 17, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedule, good healthcare
Cons: Reactive environment
A typical day includes elements of coaching and mentoring on existing processes, discussing possible changes needed to improve processes, and management of projects.
self serving management
OhioBWC - A/R & Cash Control Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OhioMay 14, 2015
Pros: state agencies
Cons: slavery concept of management
staff levels have decreased by over 50% however additional workload has been added. no vacation, personal time has been allowed. no time for training or personal development. management has no concept of evaluating the requirements of the job assignment with staff abilities or staffing levels. no team concept, no cooperation between departments.
Benefit Package could not be beat
Fiscal Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 13, 2015
I would recommend it to anyone looking for security.The benefit package was excellent. I just found that the job was not for me.
Great Place to Work and advance
Re-Employment Specialist (Current Employee), Canton, OHMay 12, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: None
The State of Ohio provides a great place to advance and to learn. It is a great place to learn the do's and don't of government.
Great Job, taken care of
Corrections Officer (Former Employee), Toledo, OHMay 11, 2015
The job is great for the pay. You are a glorified babysitter, you babysit full grown men for great pay. The benefits are great, they are amazing. Retirement options are awesome as well as the Life Insurance you get. The opportunity to get vacation and time off is great.
Great Job
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 9, 2015
Pros: Great work expierence
Cons: Parking
I loved this job. However the work environment was not ideal. My goal is to help people and make those around me feel good while accomplishing our mission. I tested new systems that would be integrated into the existing interface. I handled multiple reports for all the agencies in the state of Ohio. I really enjoyed the reporting and analytic aspect of the job.
Independent Contractor Positions
Independent Contractor Virtual (Former Employee), Columbus OhioApril 28, 2015
Pros: Work the schedule you want
Cons: no benefits
Great Career I really liked the flexibility of choosing the clients I wanted to work with over the years. I like the fact of running my own businesss. The compensation is good but no benefits. The job security is good as long as one stays certified. The job culture is great because you choose the environment and behaviors of clients you feel comfortable with.
Safe, Professional environment
Clerk 1 (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 22, 2015
The State of Ohio is a very enjoyable place to work. The management is pleasant and fair. The employers are professional and hard working. I would have loved to stay. Due to lack of work is the only reason I am no longer there. Working there I learned to sort mail. Enter customers information in a quick and secure manner. I learned to copy, fax and scan documents.The hardest task at the job was making quota every day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the environment.
Great Work environment, great experience for pre-med, pre-pharmacy students
Meijer Level 2 Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Columbus, OHApril 17, 2015
Pros: good people, great connections with customers, medical experience
Cons: short breaks, can get hectic, pay is not horrible but could be higher
third party billing, filling scripts, answering phone calls from physicians and nurses, cashing out patients, processing scripts, auditing, ordering medication
odrc
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Toledo OHIOApril 15, 2015
I learned a lot at this job. It was challenging but it was rewarding. I did a variety of jobs from trauma to passing medications.
GOOD RESIDENTS
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 15, 2015
SPENT TOO MANY YEARS BEING PART TIME AND IN FEAR OF MY POSITION NOT BEING PERMANENT . ENJOYABLE MOST OF THE TIME. MADE A COUPLE OF FRIENDS WHILE WORKING THERE.
Great Place to work
Researcher I (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 9, 2015
Pros: Everythiing
Cons: Only a grant program
I loved my job with the State. Every day was something new. I interview clients. I tracked clients. I worked with treatment facilities, probation officers, and parole officers.
Amazing opportunity!
Tutor (Former Employee), Elyria OhioApril 9, 2015
Great program to assist foster children in Lorain County succeed in their academics. Great staff and wonderful experience. Made many career connections that have assisted in my past and current career endeavors.
Determined, customer service oriented, productive work place
Disability Claims Adjudicator (Current Employee), Columbus, OHApril 8, 2015
Pros: Excellent leadership, job security
Cons: 12 month probation
Good place to work, with excellent benefits, decent pay it certainly has its disadvantages. While on a 12 month probation, employees receive medical and compensation benefits but have to wait until they successfully complete probation to receive dental, 401k benefits. This makes for disgruntled employees and morale is low.

1 2 3 4 5

About State of Ohio

The Ohio State University at Marion serves as one of five regional campuses to the Columbus main campus. As a regional campus, – Read more

State of Ohio Salaries