State of Oklahoma Employee Reviews

Due to current budget constraints and consolidation issues there are challenges to overcome
Administrative Officer Central Ops Mgr (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKCSeptember 25, 2017
Loved my job and my supervisors and directors. I held various positions in my state career and had numerous opportunities due to my hard work and dedication to my job.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Budget issues
not good
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, OKSeptember 12, 2017
i hated it because if the simple fact i was paid so small for such a big demand. others should try it ans see. a typican work day involved getting up maybe at 5am working all day until you eventually got off what i learned is the state penal system doesnt take care of noone not even its official employees
Pros
was able to fix better food than the inmates
Cons
no breaks, little pay for so little
Statewide Oklahoma Process Server
Process Server (Current Employee) –  OklahomaAugust 17, 2017
Great job if you love driving. It can be challenging to find serves. Attorneys and loan companies need our service. The state of Oklahoma must have process servers to be honest and have integrity. This job is good for those working around another job.
Pros
Choose your own hours
Cons
Gas, need to find more clients who may only need one serve. Its competitive.
too long ago
Child Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  OklahomaAugust 16, 2017
I worked here a LONG time ago and I know the culture has changed and that they provide a lot less services than they did when I was there. I do not feel like I can give an accurate
Teaching Special Education students Life Skills
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKAugust 11, 2017
I loved teaching Special Education. The students were low IQ and some were Physically Handicapped. I took them to Special Olympics, swimming at NORCE, local happenings in Enid.
Pros
I got to do what I went to college for.
Cons
The political decisions were unrealistic and illogical.
demanding
Child Welfare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKAugust 7, 2017
You will jeopardize you personal and family life for DHS with no prevail or reward. The hours are way too long and there is no respect for you position.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
too demanding long hours
Great benefits
SENIOR MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 4, 2017
As with any government job, the state offered great benefits, large amounts of time off, and an excellent insurance package. Management was completely clueless how to run operations though.
Great place to work and excellent benefits
Sr. Research Analyst -Healthcare (Current Employee) –  OklahomaAugust 1, 2017
Working for OHCA has allowed me to grow in many ways. I have advanced multiple times in the span of 5 years. I also receive a tremendous benefit package that is second to none. This is the kind of place that allows great flexibility in hours and also the type of company that has great leaders who push you to be better!
State Employees
Procedures and Accreditation Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 24, 2017
Overworked. Understaffed. Underpaid. That pretty much sums it up.
When people quit, retire, or promote, you are given that person's job duties on top of what you already have assigned to you. There is no compensation for this.
Great co workers
Case Manager of clients (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJuly 14, 2017
Case management with disabled individuals. A very rewarding and interesting career making care plans and ensuring that all multiple disciplinary team was following the care plan and the individual was getting excellent care.
Pros
Time management freedome
Cons
Disabled individuals were unprdictable.
I enjoyed my time there.
Chef (Former Employee) –  Watonga, OKJuly 9, 2017
I had never worked in food service before. The Head Chef was very helpful and worked with me til we were both confident i could do the job unsupervised.All the people I worked with including waitstaff, chefs and other lodge personnel were all wonderful to work with.
Pros
People I met
Cons
No full time posotions
Challenges around every corner.
Accounting Manager/HR (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 6, 2017
Arrival early as the day will begin to get really busy. Sort the daily stacks and proceed to handle the urgent matters first. Press on to the regular activities and complete projects as they are brought in. Learning that everyone is important to the success of a business. Hardest part of the would be knowing when to stop for the day and begin again tomorrow. Most enjoyable part of the job, completing projects and moving on to the next. Satisfaction in a job well done.
Pros
Challenges and meeting them.
Cons
Economy that hasn't supported more advancements.
Fun, fast-paced place to work
Senior Strategic Initiatives Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 3, 2017
A typical day at work will start early and end late. If breadth of IT industry understanding is what you are after, then this is a wonderful place to work. The hardest and most enjoyable part of this job is the variety, and unpredictable nature of the daily challenges.
Various positions
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 13, 2017
Depending on your job title, this will determine your duties. Very professional place to work. Employees are great. Salary and benefits are great as well.
Fun place to work
service worker (Former Employee) –  Norman campusJune 11, 2017
Very laid back and family oriented. Awesome opportunity to meet people from all over the world and learn about the different cultures. Managers were never afraid to tell u how wonderful a job u were doing
Pros
Lunch allowance, health care, and paid time off
Cons
Raises are few and far between
Good benefits and work life balance
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  OklahomaJune 8, 2017
Good supervisors. Flexible schedule. Management needs to know more about daily tasks. Compensation is fair when compared to private industry. Benefits are very good.
good job
Steward (Current Employee) –  Claremore, OKJune 6, 2017
Needing more time and work based compensation. The good old boy system works here. Love the concept of what you accomplish, not who you are. Appreciate a hard working environment.
Great benefits but the unpredictable hours are hard.
Child Welfare Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Muskogee, OKMay 29, 2017
The state has great benefits for employees. The fact that the state gives an allowance to pay for health insurance is very helpful. The hours and unpredictable of the child welfare department is very hard.
Pros
Comp. Time, health insurance
Cons
Hours
Slow, confused
Sales and Use Tax Field Auditor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 17, 2017
High expectations, no training. Hours inconvenient to family. Supervisors do not know jobs they are supervising. Each area is independent without communication between areas.
Sad State of Affairs
IT Strategist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 26, 2017
OMES is perfect acronym for them. OMESS. House of cards ready to collapse. Upper management is pretty much clueless. The finances are horribly mismanaged.
Pros
Noew
Cons
Many

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State of Oklahoma. Our community is ready to answer.