State of Oklahoma Employee Reviews

Great Job but was laid off for not enough funding
Child Support Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Sallisaw, OKNovember 30, 2016
I want a child support enforcerand with that being stated when dealing with people's children and money is not a pleasurable situation at times but I can honestly say all my clients liked me and we all got along great. I enjoyed what I did , my goal is to help families be supported and healthy.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
employees were not treated equally by supervisor
steady work
orderly (Former Employee) –  Holdenville, OKOctober 19, 2016
stayed busy and never lacked for something to do and for where I was it was an ideal position to have no room for advancement
Great experience overall
Programs Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityAugust 8, 2016
Enjoyed my many years of employment and continous advancement in the field of juvenile justice, and the working relationships with police, District Attorney's, Defence attorneys, Judges both county and Supreme, that has produced life long friendships.
Pros
Chance to work with and improve system for youth and familys
Cons
Work with many troubled and damaged youth
Leadership and Training
Case Manager I (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 5, 2016
Nobody talks, except when there is a crisis. The office atmosphere is run like a prison where laughter is discouraged. Immediate supervisor and leadership do not speak as if they are superior to those in lower paying positions. The overall environment is cold, unfeeling, and oppressive.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Lack of training and leadership
Pcai
PC Technician (Current Employee) –  TCBHJune 1, 2016
I applied for PCA I at TCBH a while back before i read reviews on this facility. They had very reviews which made me thought whether or not i would enjoy working there. Ive been working for a week now and so far so good. I love my job, and i love our consumers. The working environment is very friendly, and teamwork is very important here. I guess i cant wait to become permanent employer here
Pros
friendly working environment, easy job
Cons
potential danger
Productive workplace
Administrative Programs Officer (Current Employee) –  729 Overland Trail Enid,OK 73703May 31, 2016
It was an experience going from being "the boss" (on second shift) to a person working with numbers and completing state-funded invoices. It was definitely an experience, but a good one. Numbers don't talk back.
Stuck where you're at
Software Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 26, 2016
No promotions or raises. Nobody talks, except in crisis mode. They put you to work but the communications break down when my Email starts to suddenly go to an old account. Things may get fixed but they do not stay fixed.
Pros
Cons
You serve at the whim of politicians. And your bosses' fear of them.
Long hours, lots of good people
Food service/Utility (Former Employee) –  Taft, CAMay 4, 2016
difficult place to work, serving hundreds of inmates with lots of different behaviors and attitudes, However I learned understanding and how to identify with others needs and stick to my job details.
Pros
learning exsperiance
Cons
getting attached to the people
Loved my job
Administrative Technician III (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 28, 2016
I really loved my job, but gainful employment in a field that more adequately reflects my strengths, abilities, capabilities, skill set, utilizing my extensive contracting knowledge is what I am looking for.
Pros
Great group of people to work for at DHS
Cons
Needed more challenging duties and adequate pay.
railroad
Asst District Attorney (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKApril 25, 2016
lots of drama during this period of going to 2 man crews made for a different hostile place sometimes. overall good experience
Pros
time off
Cons
union turmoil
Bailiff
District Court Bailiff (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 22, 2016
spend most time in court all day, meet lots of different people and enjoy working with the attorneys daily, also love meeting the jurors and helping them through the experience of being a juror.
Pros
lots of holidays off and long lunch hour
Cons
no room for advancement
Patients & coworkers are great, management not so much
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Woodward, OKFebruary 17, 2016
I have worked in mental health for years... I have not ever been in a culture that knew less about mental health that here. Training for staff was nonexistent.
Benefits
Cons
Management micromanages without the knowledge to do so
Good place to learn
General Construction, Roofing, Sky Trak Operator (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKFebruary 10, 2016
I worked in the Construction/Maintenance department. While i was incarcerated.A typical day at work involved,welding,mechanic work,and loading and unloading trucks.I worked with a good group of guys,and learned a lot about maintenance and hvac work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Very busy work environment and lots of good people
Benefits Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 26, 2016
Most days were spent writing and editing communications materials for the agency. I also performed layout and design functions. I worked with a great team in the communications department and had a good manager.
Government
Risk Coordinator Risk Management Department (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 27, 2015
Exciting work environment and ability to work on different projects while still staying in the confines of Government work.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Too regulated
wonderful job to help environment
Liter crew (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 9, 2015
I work for state while I was in prison and it helped me reintegrate into the working environment so I could be a asset to society
Great Environment to work in, Great Leaders and co-workers
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Hodgen, OKAugust 24, 2015
My day went by fast because I stayed busy. I learned to read the NEC and apply it to my work.I also learned to set service panels, meter base, weather-heads, ect.The team kept me focused and goal oriented. The hardest part of the job was the demanding hours.
Pros
Good teachers who were willing to take time to show me the right ways to do things.
Cons
short breaks, long hours
Collaborative environment with supportive management but income for assigned position is poorly lacking
Administrative Technician IV (Current Employee) –  Claremore, OKAugust 23, 2015
Employees are compassionate and assist the public in a professional gracious manner. Wages are poorly lacking, giving reason for constant turnover.
Pros
Insurance Package
Cons
Wage
Job Responsibility's
County Auditor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 17, 2015
• Performs financial, operational, and federal compliance audits
• Conducts interviews with client personnel
• Evaluates internal controls
• Determines compliance with laws and regulations
• Assesses the effectiveness of operations and procedures
• Performs specific audit procedures
• Prepares audit working papers to be used in writing the final audit report
A very work work type environment.
DBA (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 4, 2015
The employer was fair, and gave me my first chance as a DBA. As it being my first full DBA position I learned an amazing amount. A lot of what I know was put to the test all the tuning, and Administration type tasks. My mentors were thought of on a daily basis.
Pros
A great amount of experience in a short amount of time.
Cons
Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State of Oklahoma. Our community is ready to answer.